new version of OSAS?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen! Never heard of "the LOST" being a "co-laborer together With God"?
MoreOver, God's Verse 15 Is Very Plain and Clear to me!:

"Now he that planteth and he that watereth are one: and every man shall
receive his own reward according to his own labour. For we are labourers
together with God: ye are God's husbandry, ye are God's building.

According to The GRACE Of God which is given unto me, as a wise
masterbuilder, I have laid The Foundation, and another buildeth Thereon.

But let every man take heed how he buildeth Thereupon. For other foundation
can no man lay than that is laid, Which Is JESUS CHRIST. Now IF any man
build upon This Foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble;

Every man's work shall be made manifest: for The {JUDGMENT} DAY Shall Declare
it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of
what sort it is
. If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall
receive a reward...

1Co_3 : 15:

...IF ANY {JUSTIFIED By God's ALL-SUFFICIENT BLOOD, but UNfaithful} man's
work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss:

BUT he himself SHALL BE SAVED; yet so as by fire." (1_Corinthians 3 : 8-15 KJB!)

Be Blessed!
Wise post my brother and true, but if someone is unwilling to receive the gospel of salvation, everything else falls on dead ears.

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No your "osas doctrine" is like those who form theories through their ideal that the earth is flat. "SOUND THEREFORE TO YOU IS HOW YOU FILTER GOD'S WORD THROUGH THE LENSES OF OSAS...
AS THE RIGHTNESS OF THE SCRIBES AND PHARASEES....[THEY ALSO BELIEVED IN THEIR OWN WAYS AND IM SURE BELIEVED IT TO BE SOUND] SORRY BUT GOD IS NOT LIMITED TO THAT OSAS BOX YOU SEE THINGS THROUGH....
reductio ad absurdum (a kind of illogical and false argument). I pray that the Lord opens your mind and softens your heart. Amen.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You don't have to interpret Paul's passage, it's a metaphor, not a parable, and it's instruction to the saints, not to the world.
Yes, Paul is using metaphors. And it's a message about God's fellow workers, his servants laboring in the field and building of God's people. And how the servant of God has to be careful how he builds, and careful how he plants and waters, for the quality of his workmanship will be revealed with fire in the final judgment.

If what he has built, or watered, or planted survives the coming fire on the Day of judgment he will receive a reward. If what he built, or watered, or planted does not survive the judgment because it is false he will not receive a reward for his labor. That's why the servant of God has to be careful how he builds. Being slothful, or having an impure motive, or having a faulty gospel will not result in a reward for the servant of God if those things result in building somebody up into a person who will not successfully pass through the coming judgment. You yourself may be saved, but the people you minister to won't, and so they won't be your crown on the other side of eternity (1 Thessalonians 2:19).

Paul is telling them all this to convince them that he is telling them the truth. And that he has the real gospel, not the other so-called ministers of the gospel who are leading them astray with their false gospel, and doing so for profit. He wants them to know he has nothing to gain by leading them astray with a false gospel. There's no reward in store for him in doing that. He's the one with the real truth. He is the one who wants a reward for his labor in the building and field of God.

Last edited:

TheslightestID

Nov 30, 2020
From here to Kingdom come.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, I ask you in this new thread: what do you believe about the new version of OSAS?

The version that says that if you stop believing, you even continue to be saved?

That is basically to say, the version where if you stop being saved, you continue to be saved.

Seems to me, when reworded, the answer to that is pretty obvious.

Reactions: Ferris Bueller

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Never heard of "the LOST" being a "co-laborer together With God"?
The co-laborer is the servant of God doing the ministering in the field and building of God. The work that may or may not get burned up is whatever it is that he has built in the building of God, or, depending on the metaphor used, whatever it is that he has planted and watered in the field of God. If what he has built in the building of God, or planted and watered in the field of God gets burned up on that 'Day' (the day of judgment) he receives no reward for his labor. That's because what he built, or planted, or watered is not there with him in the kingdom to be that reward. Just like a carpenter doesn't have the reward of his labor if what he built burns to the ground.

Corlove13

Apr 30, 2021
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
reductio ad absurdum (a kind of illogical and false argument). I pray that the Lord opens your mind and softens your heart. Amen.
Of course it is illogical to you. You only filter through OSAS doctrine....If you love, many hearts will be softened, and I pray even yours.
Amen!

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of course it is illogical to you. You only filter through OSAS doctrine....If you love, many hearts will be softened, and I pray even yours.
Amen!
This person does not want to discuss the word. He filters everything through an anti OSAS filter. He said ignores everyone who will not listen to him. He basically is not trustworthy

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is basically to say, the version where if you stop being saved, you continue to be saved.

Seems to me, when reworded, the answer to that is pretty obvious.
They did not stop being saved. As John said they were never if us. Never means never

so yeah the answer is obvious according to the word

Corlove13

Apr 30, 2021
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Most of the issues get started when someone says something and someone takes it personal....Then here comes the talking at, or talking down to.

I apologize for anything I have said that was offensive....This was a lesson...to discuss scripture rather than get caught up in drama.

Reactions: JunChosen

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So there may be a chance for that Fishing trip after all

Lol.....Right now, I can’t even walk to the kitchen to fix a piece of “ Mrs. Paul’s” fish sticks, much less go out and catch one !

Truth is, my hobby’s are motorcycle riding and golf....And I just paid my non- refundable “ Golf Fees” last week.....

Things could be worse....I could be living in New Zealand right now with my broken foot and would not be able to shovel all the snow heading my way.....hahahahahahahahahahahaha !

Reactions: HisLife

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you had read the next verse you would have destroyed OSAS.

John 15:6 (NKJV)
6 If anyone does not abide in Me, he is cast out as a branch and is withered; and they gather them and throw them into the fire, and they are burned.

... don’t be so hasty—— “ whoever acknowledges that Jesus is the Son Of God , God abides in Him and he abides in God “ 1 John 4:15...

Now what do you have to say?

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Another words Christ may be in you.....but are you in Christ.

At the risk of wearing this one little verse out, I’ll present it again...it clears up so much “ Religious Mush” that we have to endure here.....

1 John 4:15....” whoever confesses that Jesus is the Son Of God , God abides in Him and he abides in God”

So simple....I thank my God that I don’t have to argue against such plain Scripture....one would think, “ Surely , nobody can Twist “ this” verse! Lol.....just wait.....Any Legalist, Religionists or Tare worth their Salt can twist ANYTHING! Lol......once again— just wait.

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is adequate. For the BELIEVER, not the unbeliever who turns his back on the grace of God. Christ's blood does not cover the sin of rejecting the blood of Christ.
Really?... Are we not all sinners?... Are you saying by rejecting the blood of Christ that individual cannot be saved?

Mark 3:28 reads:
"Verily I say unto you, All Sins shall be forgiven unto the sons of men, and blasphemies wherewith soever they shall blaspheme:"

To God Be The Glory

Last edited:

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
... don’t be so hasty—— “ whoever acknowledges that Jesus is the Son Of God , God abides in Him and he abides in God “ 1 John 4:15...

Now what do you have to say?
I say AMEN! But it doesn't prove OSAS whatsoever. If you had died when you were an unbeliever you would spend eternity in Hell.

HisLife

Aug 24, 2020
Napier
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
If you had read the next verse you would have destroyed OSAS.

John 15:6 (NKJV)
6 If anyone does not abide in Me, he is cast out as a branch and is withered; and they gather them and throw them into the fire, and they are burned.

If you keep reading you should see the verse is talking about bearing fruit, not about losing salvation

John 15:8 Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be my disciples.

9 As the Father hath loved me, so have I loved you: continue ye in my love.

10 If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.

11 These things have I spoken unto you, that my joy might remain in you, and that your joy might be full.

In the context of Gardening and fruit bearing, All the aspects are important for healthy Fruit, Salvation And fruit bearing are different aspects that you are trying to mix as the same, they are not

Reactions: BloodBought 1953

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you keep reading you should see the verse is talking about bearing fruit, not about losing salvation

John 15:8 Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be my disciples.

9 As the Father hath loved me, so have I loved you: continue ye in my love.

10 If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.

11 These things have I spoken unto you, that my joy might remain in you, and that your joy might be full.

In the context of Gardening and fruit bearing, All the aspects are important for healthy Fruit, Salvation And fruit bearing are different aspects that you are trying to mix as the same, they are not
If you don't have Christian works you're not a Christian! James said so.

James 2:17 (NKJV)
17 Thus also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead.

HisLife

Aug 24, 2020
Napier
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Lol.....Right now, I can’t even walk to the kitchen to fix a piece of “ Mrs. Paul’s” fish sticks, much less go out and catch one !

Truth is, my hobby’s are motorcycle riding and golf....And I just paid my non- refundable “ Golf Fees” last week.....

Things could be worse....I could be living in New Zealand right now with my broken foot and would not be able to shovel all the snow heading my way.....hahahahahahahahahahahaha !

Well Your probably better off not eating those things anyway, If you want me to fulfill your Golf duties I could fill in for that! I can take pics and send them to let you know how its going, I can break in your new motorcycle if you get one! can send pics of that as well.... hey I could come help out If you really need a hand, I can stay at your place rent free?.....Have a break from the cold weather.....free Golf, Harley rides, and I would find it no problem to cook your fish sticks when your too sore and miserable, its a win win!
What do you say buddy An extended summer Holiday?