new version of OSAS?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you don't have a works religion you're not a Christian. James said so!

James 2:17 (NKJV)
17 Thus also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead.

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven."
Was Jesus saying to do good works and make people think God was responsible for them? Is God a prankster?
What does this verse mean?
“I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing. John 15:5

Reactions: JunChosen

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You can win....I don’t care....
Both of us are smarter than this. We are looking like a couple of idiots—- especially You! Lol.....that last part was a joke....i have had enough....at least for one night.....

For the Love Of Pete ! I am lying here recovering from a bad motorcycle wreck from last week and I am lucky to be alive! Cut me some slack! Lol......good nite and God bless you all , except Ferris....another joke.....sorry.....lol....

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I know what you're saying, but most Christians aren't going to understand this in any other way than 'works earn salvation'.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Both of us are smarter than this. We are looking like a couple of idiots—- especially You! Lol.....that last part was a joke....i have had enough....at least for one night.....

For the Love Of Pete ! I am lying here recovering from a bad motorcycle wreck from last week and I am lucky to be alive! Cut me some slack! Lol......good nite and God bless you all , except Ferris....another joke.....sorry.....lol....
I'm waving the peace flag, bro. I've had enough too. Good night, and be blessed.

Reactions: michaelvpardo

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
People who haven't received God's grace are damned. Or has that changed in the new Osas too?

There is a difference in laying out evidence for a position and crossing the lines of the Service Terms and saying flat- out that a person is damned.....I;don’t give a Rat’s Patootie if you scream out to the entire Universe That BB is Satan Himself.....it’s water off of a duck’s back....

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

No, James said that faith without works is dead. You're reading into scripture, not learning from it. Our relationship to God produces good works, our works don't produce our relationship.
12 Therefore, my beloved, as you have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling; 13 for it is God who works in you both to will and to do for His good pleasure. Phillipians 2:12-13
I enlarged the print because you can't seem to see it. Or maybe you understand but can't express it. The truly unique thing about Christianity, other than it being true, is that it is the only "religion" that doesn't involve working your way to godliness by your own effort, but surrendering to God and letting Him work through you. I put religion in quotes because we aren't saved by religion, which is what we practice, but by faith, which is what we believe.
28 Then they said to Him, “What shall we do, that we may work the works of God?”
29 Jesus answered and said to them, “This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He sent.”
John 6:28-29
Though I guess that if you don't believe the Lord, you're not likely to believe me.

Last edited:

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

You guys do know that you can delete posts with a reason, right? This isn't messaging, its partially open forum, so you can take all the foolishness out of the argument and just leave the doctrinal positions. Thank God for delete buttons and thinking twice.
But let him who glories glory in this,
That he understands and knows Me,
That I am the Lord, exercising lovingkindness, judgment, and righteousness in the earth.
For in these I delight,” says the Lord. Jeremiah 9:24

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Sheffield, Yorkshire, home of Robin Hood.
robinhood-loxley.weebly.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
God’s plan of salvation for mankind.
Step 1:
is to believe Jesus Christ is the eternal God, and the gift of our eternal salvation was gained by His vicarious resurrection thereby conquering Satan and death.

Step 2: The risen Christ, our advocate now pleads on our behalf. “So now, if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous: 1Jn 2:1., who is making intercession for us. Rom 8:34; Rom 11:2; Heb 7:25 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus; 1Ti 2:5

Step 3: Is the Judgement, when we shall have to answer for our own sins.
If at anytime we deny Christ or His finished work on the cross, our salvation is in peril,“Who is the liar but the one who denies that Jesus is the Christ? This is the antichrist, the one who denies the Father and the Son. No one who denies the Son has the Father; everyone who confesses the Son has the Father also. 1Jn 2:22-23” for “it is impossible to restore again to repentance those who have once been enlightened, and have tasted the heavenly gift, and have shared in the Holy Spirit, and have tasted the goodness of the word of God and the powers of the age to come, and then have fallen away, since on their own they are crucifying again the Son of God and are holding him up to contempt. (Heb 6:4-6)

About those who wander astray we read:
Our Saviour, Jesus Christ the Good Shepherd will seek those who have wandered away from the fold, but the rebellious ones, who perhaps with the best of intentions, like the Galatians who went back to a work based salvation and the keeping of Old Testament festivals etc., so denying Christ’s redeeming work on the cross, will find their life with Jesus is finished. (Gal 5:4)

Finally, the Crown of Righteousness is not ours until we:
have fought the good fight, have finished the race, and have kept the faith. From now on there is reserved for us the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, will give us on that day, and to all who have longed for his appearing. (2Ti 4:7-8)

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you don't believe what Jesus said?
28 Then they said to Him, “What shall we do, that we may work the works of God?”
29 Jesus answered and said to them, “This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He sent.”

John 6:28-29
Yeah I get it. OSASers are against Christian works. OSAS = DEAD Faith!

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Kinda sounds like an apostate response. Do you believe what Jesus said, or does your lack of an answer mean that you don't?
By the way I'm not an OSASer, I'm a saint. You can call me saint Michael if you'd like. My appologies to the Archangel, but I find that hilarious, even if he is my namesake (mom was part of a cult within the RCC and Michael was the most popular name for newborn males that year and I'm sure that every catholic mother's name was Mary. That's also about the time the RCC stopped celebrating Michaelmass.)

Last edited:
Reactions: BloodBought 1953

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Kinda sounds like an apostate response.
Another OSAS judge!
Do you believe what Jesus said, or does your lack of an answer mean that you don't?
I believe all that Jesus said!

Written to Christians:
Romans 11:22 (NKJV)
22 Therefore consider the goodness and severity of God: on those who fell, severity; but toward you, goodness, if you continue in His goodness. Otherwise you also will be cut off.

HisLife

Aug 24, 2020
Napier
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand

John 15:5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.

Without Jesus We can Do nothing, Can you take credit for someone else's work, If God Is working in someone's life wouldn't it be better to give thanks

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 15:5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.

Without Jesus We can Do nothing, Can you take credit for someone else's work, If God Is working in someone's life wouldn't it be better to give thanks
If you had read the next verse you would have destroyed OSAS.

John 15:6 (NKJV)
6 If anyone does not abide in Me, he is cast out as a branch and is withered; and they gather them and throw them into the fire, and they are burned.

Reactions: Cooper