new version of OSAS?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Another OSAS judge!

I believe all that Jesus said!

Written to Christians:
Romans 11:22 (NKJV)
22 Therefore consider the goodness and severity of God: on those who fell, severity; but toward you, goodness, if you continue in His goodness. Otherwise you also will be cut off.
Great, wonderful, perfect, so what did Jesus mean:
28 Then they said to Him, “What shall we do, that we may work the works of God?”
29 Jesus answered and said to them, “This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He sent.”

By the way would you be really disturbed if I told you that God sent me too?

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Another OSAS judge!

I believe all that Jesus said!

Written to Christians:
Romans 11:22 (NKJV)
22 Therefore consider the goodness and severity of God: on those who fell, severity; but toward you, goodness, if you continue in His goodness. Otherwise you also will be cut off.
I forgot to mention that in scripture "cut off" means to die, but it doesn't mean to loose salvation. That's your lack of knowledge tripping you up. What's more, in scripture fire isn't always a reference to hell or damnation, but sometimes refer to cleansing. Read the bible a few times and get back to me (or don't, God can straighten you out if you can hear His voice.)

Reactions: BloodBought 1953

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you had read the next verse you would have destroyed OSAS.

John 15:6 (NKJV)
6 If anyone does not abide in Me, he is cast out as a branch and is withered; and they gather them and throw them into the fire, and they are burned.
37 All that the Father gives Me will come to Me, and the one who comes to Me I will by no means cast out. John 6:37
So what's your theory? Was Jesus confused or schizophrenic, or is it just that you don't understand the things you quote?

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I forgot to mention that in scripture "cut off" means to die, but it doesn't mean to loose salvation. That's your lack of knowledge tripping you up. What's more, in scripture fire isn't always a reference to hell or damnation, but sometimes refer to cleansing. Read the bible a few times and get back to me (or don't, God can straighten you out if you can hear His voice.)
So God's gonna kill you but not send you to Hell? I would love OSAS if it was true, alas, it's a Satanic hoax.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
37 All that the Father gives Me will come to Me, and the one who comes to Me I will by no means cast out. John 6:37
So what's your theory? Was Jesus confused or schizophrenic, or is it just that you don't understand the things you quote?
Doesn't say YOU can't forsake God.

Written to Christians:
Galatians 5:1-4 (NKJV)
1 Stand fast therefore in the liberty by which Christ has made us free, and do not be entangled again with a yoke of bondage. 2 Indeed I, Paul, say to you that if you become circumcised, Christ will profit you nothing. 3 And I testify again to every man who becomes circumcised that he is a debtor to keep the whole law. 4 YOU have become estranged from Christ, you who attempt to be justified by law; YOU have fallen from grace.

Reactions: Corlove13

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The wood, hay, stubble that Paul was referring to was works (the passage says so in context)
Yes, it is referring to the work completed by the laborer in the field and building of God. So what is the work completed by the laborer? When someone laborers in the field and building of God according to their gift (planting, watering, etc.) what work is accomplished?

Corlove13

Apr 30, 2021
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There's no contradiction to the spiritual, but I trust that you believe in the Lord and in the resurrection. Ask the Lord to give you His Spirit according to His promise and I guarantee that He will show you why if you just ask Him to and continue reading His word.
Osasers ...spend time telling people they do nothing...but then try to convince you, you have to do something...

"I trust that you believe"
"
Asked the Lord to give you His spirit"

He will show you why "if you just ask Him to and continue reading His word."

Then tell you how to be saved?
"Believe in the Lord and his resurrection" but doesn't state nothing about repentance, His death how that first reconciles us to God...or How we are saved by His Life.

He does say Believe Jesus is Lord ...yet
The devil surely believes...but He does not intend to follow...mmmm

.........Jesus said to his disciples, "Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross and follow me.

Of course Osaser...believe you do nothing
But the water Baptism they took on...I guess did not mean they were committed to following...but that Jesus does it without them...."Have you died with Christ"?

So if one does not follow who they say they believe...surely a bald head man tells one how to grow hair?
And what Spirit he has received?

When scripture says in EPHESIANS 1:13
How they were sealed, and How Jesus expresses the will of the Father and what the will is..I think all should heed to the scripture and not just study it from their Osas filter.

Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?’ Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’

And what does Jesus say:

For this is the will of My Father, that everyone beholding the Son and believing in Him should have eternal life, and I will raise him up in the last day." JOHN 6:4

"Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified." Gal 2:16

Pause...
What was the faith of Jesus...He (obeyed) the father.......... then we see> and His father did the work....

Jesus said ;

And he that sent me is with me: the Father hath not left me alone; for I do always those things that please him.

Jesus is the model..not a belief system through Osas

The faith that saves, works by Love...
And is given as a gift in Christ

One may have what they call status, but if ya don't continue in it??? WHAT GOOD IS A NAME YOU DO NOT UPHOLD? DOES IT REAP THE BENIFITS?

Another words Christ may be in you.....but are you in Christ.
life eternal...may be in you but have you layed hold of eternal life

The benifits or reward is Life

If those who were circumcised did not keep the Law would they still reap the benifits?

After these things the word of the LORD came unto Abram in a vision, saying, Fear not, Abram: I am thy shield, and thy exceeding great reward.

HE REWARDS THOSE WHO DILIGENTLY SEEK HIM WITH LIFE.....

One way to see faith:

is confidence in Jesus for everything.
He is in control. And can not Stop being God..
So stop limiting Him to that box.

Last edited:

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So God's gonna kill you but not send you to Hell? I would love OSAS if it was true, alas, it's a Satanic hoax.
God kills everyone.
‘Now see that I, even I, am He, And there is no God besides Me;
I kill and I make alive; I wound and I heal; Nor is there any who can deliver from My hand.
Deuteronomy 32:39
The Lord determines our length of days. You should know this if you've read through the entire bible at least once. When the murderer murders, when the disease takes a life, when the fall cracks wide the skull, it isn't God's hand but it is according to His will.
Does everyone go to hell?

Corlove13

Apr 30, 2021
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Osasers ...spend time telling people they do nothing...but then try to convince you, you have to do something...

"

"Believe in the Lord and his resurrection" but doesn't state nothing about His death how that first reconciles us to God...or How we are saved by His Life.

.........Jesus said to his disciples, "Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross and follow me.

But the water Baptism they took on...I guess did not mean they were committed to following...but that Jesus does it without them...."Have you died with Christ"?

So if one does not follow who they say they believe...surely a bald head man tells one how to grow hair?

How they were sealed, and How Jesus expresses the will of the Father and what the will is..I think all should heed to the scripture and not just study it from their Osas filter.

Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?’ Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’

And what does Jesus say:

For this is the will of My Father, that everyone beholding the Son and believing in Him should have eternal life, and I will raise him up in the last day." JOHN 6:4

"Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified." Gal 2:16

Pause...
What was the faith of Jesus...He (obeyed) the father.......... then we see> and His father did the work....

Jesus said ;

And he that sent me is with me: the Father hath not left me alone; for I do always those things that please him.

One may have what they call status, but if ya don't continue in it??? WHAT GOOD IS A NAME YOU DO NOT UPHOLD? DOES IT REAP THE BENIFITS?

If those who were circumcised did not keep the Law would they still reap the benifits?

After these things the word of the LORD came unto Abram in a vision, saying, Fear not, Abram: I am thy shield, and thy exceeding great reward.

One way to see faith:

Out of His own mouth:

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Doesn't say YOU can't forsake God.

Written to Christians:
Galatians 5:1-4 (NKJV)
1 Stand fast therefore in the liberty by which Christ has made us free, and do not be entangled again with a yoke of bondage. 2 Indeed I, Paul, say to you that if you become circumcised, Christ will profit you nothing. 3 And I testify again to every man who becomes circumcised that he is a debtor to keep the whole law. 4 YOU have become estranged from Christ, you who attempt to be justified by law; YOU have fallen from grace.
And Galatians 5:1-4 doesn't say that you've lost your salvation either. You're reading into scripture, not drawing out of scripture. Our sin separates us from God, we loose fellowship with Him. The whole point of the epistle to the Galatians is correction and restoration to a right relationship with God so that they could live sanctified lives. Those Galatians were still believing in Jesus, but even the verse you're quoting says that they were trying to be justified by the works of the law. You've entirely missed the point of the book. Actually you've missed the entire point of the gospel.
Trust the Lord and stop relying on your own carnal understanding. If you believe Him ask for His Spirit, and He'll give it as promised to guide you into all truth. The Holy Spirit sanctifies us through His word. He transforms us through the renewing of our minds so that we can think spiritually, not just carnally. These things are all in scripture, but if you're Roman Catholic it's unlikely that you've ever heard them spoken by a priest. (If the truth were known they'd all be out of a job.) If you're not Roman Catholic, it's still the same. Everyone is born with a carnal mind and only those who receive the Spirit of Christ can have a "spiritual " mind, the mind of Christ, but the transformation isn't instantaneous or Paul wouldn't be exhorting the saints to be transformed, and it's all accomplished by God, the Holy Spirit, through the word of God.
15 I do not pray that You should take them out of the world, but that You should keep them from the evil one. 16 They are not of the world, just as I am not of the world. 17 Sanctify them by Your truth. Your word is truth. John 17:15-17
In those 13 years that my mom dragged us all to church I never once heard a priest say to pray to receive His Spirit, or to read the scriptures to be sanctified by them. Not once.
I know that the RCC is changing. I wrote Pope John Paul as a brother in the Lord and warned him against elevating Mary to the status of " coredemptress " citing scripture and the church split that would follow. I called him to repentance on behalf of the church, a return to truth, a return to grace and it seems that he took it to heart. He made no sweeping doctrinal changes, but he did repent of the deeds of the church, acknowledging years of sin in persecutions, and called for new ways of thinking, new growth, transformation. He started the change to bring life back into the church, but it's a big boat and big boats turn slowly.

Corlove13

Apr 30, 2021
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Out of His own mouth:

Is it really one thing to believe what you have and another to know it?....

The faith located in Christ bring you to know..

I can mentally believe something is true..
Like the Chair will hold me, but it's another thing to sit in it.

The type of faith that saves is obedient faith
Outside of being in Christ we do exercise the ability to believe even It is God that verifies His son.

Now what good would it do...to believe Jesus is Lord and not choose to follow?

The life [or being in God's presence] is usually speaking of being saved from present circumstances. GOD WAS WITH CHRIST.....

IT IS AMAZING THOUGH AT THE CROSS WHAT TOOK PLACE....JESUS cried: My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?

And the Amazement I wonder was it in Jesus's feeling Abandonedment or was it in His suffering that He cried....And I'd say it was the broken fellowship...for dying doesn't matter when you know you have life.

And this is what God did for us, He gave His son, so that we could "live" through His life.

By Live I mean have fellowship with the father and the son...knowing they are behind us in this world through anything we come face to face with.

So brothers and sisters if you preach a doctrine of heaven when you die[as foundation]...because one believes something Jesus did, then as has already been said, people will not come
to see how the father and Son come and make their abode with us Now....And with that life how we overcome the world, Satan, and the flesh.
What Has already been Finished for us...Is for us to walk by faith in.

So I quote: and for myself : MAY

The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make his face shine on you and be gracious to you; the Lord turn his face toward you and give you peace.

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, it is referring to the work completed by the laborer in the field and building of God. So what is the work completed by the laborer? When someone laborers in the field and building of God according to their gift (planting, watering, etc.) what work is accomplished?
You don't have to interpret Paul's passage, it's a metaphor, not a parable, and it's instruction to the saints, not to the world. Can a saint loose salvation? But in answer to your question, the laborer in the field does the work of God, or he works for his belly. Those are the only 2 options of the saint. (Those who don't know Him can only work for their own survival.) The work accomplished, in context, is the sowing of the gospel, and the harvest of righteousness.
You're making a huge exegetical mistake when you mix parables intended to keep the Jews from understanding the truth together with instructions to the church. Context is the first principal of all communication. If someone tells you to hit the road, do you take it to mean go get a hammer or stick and wack away at the road?

Last edited:

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

"

"Believe in the Lord and his resurrection" but doesn't state nothing about repentance, His death how that first reconciles us to God...or How we are saved by His Life.

And what does Jesus say:

Pause...

Jesus said ;

One way to see faith:

Not really, you just don't understand sound doctrine.

Corlove13

Apr 30, 2021
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not really, you just don't understand sound doctrine.
I know like those who believe the earth is flat and form their theories from that ideal.[seeing through the lenses of the doctrine of OSAS = "sound"] or the righteousness of the scribes and pharasees.[it was also sound to them]
But we know:

These people honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me.

Last edited:

Corlove13

Apr 30, 2021
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know like those who believe the earth is flat and form their theories from that ideal.[seeing through the lenses of the doctrine of OSAS = "sound"] or the righteousness of the scribes and pharasees.[it was also sound to them]
But we know:

These people honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me.

JESUS PREACHED THE GOSPEL OF THE KINGDOM.....It is now available to enter...OSASers...so you don't have to wait to have heaven when you die.....Trust Jesus!

For:

Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:
[26] And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die.

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My last words...for this post
S

I know like those who believe the earth is flat..[osas filter on "sound"]
You believe that the earth is flat? You know, you don't have to remain carnal minded if you believe Him. Pray to the Father for the Holy Spirit and He'll give it freely to those committed to His Son, but you have to ask in faith, without doubting.
6 But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for he who doubts is like a wave of the sea driven and tossed by the wind. 7 For let not that man suppose that he will receive anything from the Lord; 8 he is a double-minded man, unstable in all his ways. James 1:6-7
A man can't give you the Holy Spirit by feeding you a cracker.
You receive Christ by committing yourself to Him and praying to receive His Spirit. That's the only way. You must make of Him an offering for your sin. You must make it personal and like getting married as a bride, commit your soul to His care. No ritual or rite can do that for you. There is no such thing as sacraments except in the imagination of men. The communion cup is Holy, not because of what's in it, but because of what it represents. Likewise the bread of communion is holy, not because a priest consecrates it, but because of what it represents. There are priests in the Roman Catholic church who understand these things, but are not allowed to teach them. They like to be called pastor instead of father.
No saint wants to divide the church but Martin Luther attempted to get it back on track and members of the church wanted his life. (Plenary indulgences are a great way to gather wealth, and you need a lot of money to build great houses adorned with gold, ritual objects encrusted with jewels, lavish accoutrements to adorn the apparel of cardinals and Popes, and to wage war. )

Last edited:

GRACE ambassador

Mar 1, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You don't have to interpret Paul's passage, it's a metaphor, not a parable, and it's instruction to the saints, not to the world. Can a saint lose salvation?
Amen! Never heard of "the LOST" being a "co-laborer together With God"?
MoreOver, God's Verse 15 Is Very Plain and Clear to me!:

"Now he that planteth and he that watereth are one: and every man shall
receive his own reward according to his own labour. For we are labourers
together with God: ye are God's husbandry, ye are God's building.

According to The GRACE Of God which is given unto me, as a wise
masterbuilder, I have laid The Foundation, and another buildeth Thereon.

But let every man take heed how he buildeth Thereupon. For other foundation
can no man lay than that is laid, Which Is JESUS CHRIST. Now IF any man
build upon This Foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble;

Every man's work shall be made manifest: for The {JUDGMENT} DAY Shall Declare
it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of
what sort it is
. If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall
receive a reward...

1Co_3 : 15:

...IF ANY {JUSTIFIED By God's ALL-SUFFICIENT BLOOD, but UNfaithful} man's
work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss:

BUT he himself SHALL BE SAVED; yet so as by fire." (1_Corinthians 3 : 8-15 KJB!)

Be Blessed!

Corlove13

Apr 30, 2021
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You believe that the earth is flat? You know, you don't have to remain carnal minded if you believe Him. Pray to the Father for the Holy Spirit and He'll give it freely to those committed to His Son, but you have to ask in faith, without doubting.
6 But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for he who doubts is like a wave of the sea driven and tossed by the wind. 7 For let not that man suppose that he will receive anything from the Lord; 8 he is a double-minded man, unstable in all his ways. James 1:6-7
A man can't give you the Holy Spirit by feeding you a cracker.
You receive Christ by committing yourself to Him and praying to receive His Spirit. That's the only way. You must make of Him an offering for your sin. You must make it personal and like getting married as a bride, commit your soul to His care. No ritual or rite can do that for you. There is no such thing as sacraments except in the imagination of men. The communion cup is Holy, not because of what's in it, but because of what it represents. Likewise the bread of communion is holy, not because a priest consecrates it, but because of what it represents. There are priests in the Roman Catholic church who understand these things, but are not allowed to teach them. They like to be called pastor instead of father.
No saint wants to divide the church but Martin Luther attempted to get it back on track and members of the church wanted his life. (Plenary indulgences are a great way to gather wealth, and you need a lot of money to build great houses adorned with gold, ritual objects encrusted with jewels, and lavish accoutrements to adorn the apparel of cardinals and Popes, or to wage war. )
No your "osas doctrine" is like those who form theories through their ideal that the earth is flat. "SOUND THEREFORE TO YOU IS HOW YOU FILTER GOD'S WORD THROUGH THE LENSES OF OSAS...
AS THE RIGHTNESS OF THE SCRIBES AND PHARASEES....[THEY ALSO BELIEVED IN THEIR OWN WAYS AND IM SURE BELIEVED IT TO BE SOUND] SORRY BUT GOD IS NOT LIMITED TO THAT OSAS BOX YOU SEE THINGS THROUGH....

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No your "osas doctrine" is like those who form theories through their ideal that the earth is flat. "SOUND THEREFORE TO YOU IS HOW YOU FILTER GOD'S WORD THROUGH THE LENSES OF OSAS...
AS THE RIGHTNESS OF THE SCRIBES AND PHARASEES....[THEY ALSO BELIEVED IN THEIR OWN WAYS AND IM SURE BELIEVED IT TO BE SOUND] SORRY BUT GOD IS NOT LIMITED TO THAT OSAS BOX YOU SEE THINGS THROUGH....
Yet interestingly enough your gospel most resembles the Pharisee doctrine of works.

again your attacking a doctrine you do not even understand

GRACE ambassador

Mar 1, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yet interestingly enough your gospel most resembles the Pharisee doctrine of works.

again your attacking a doctrine you do not even understand
Amen! Like we "should NOT FILTER" their Very FEW {obscure/difficult/dubious}
out-of-context/Misinterpreted/Misrepresented/Misunderstood 2 or 3? Bible verses
Through The "Lens" of God's 11-12 DOZEN Plain And Clear Sound Doctrinal Passages Of God's Pure And Holy Word Of Truth!

But do it The Other Way Around, eh?