new version of OSAS?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Every believing person has the promise of being raised with Christ. Christ will lose no believing person. Not one. People who never trusted Christ, or who have stopped trusting in him are outside of the believing people to whom the promises of God were made.

The passage itself does not use "believing" as the condition though. If you will look at it, you will find that instead the condition is having been raised with Christ. If you've been raised with Him. Not, if you believe in Him. We may safely assume that's true, having been raised with Him, we will believe in Him, just the same, that's not actually the condition.

The condition is having been raised with Him, and that does not change, therefore the outcome does not change, which is exactly how the passage is stated.

Much love!

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Law, love others as you love yourself, that's the best the ungodly and sinner can do. Loving others as Jesus loves is something only the reborn can do.
Well, the law of love found in scripture seemed to be good enough for James....

If you really keep the royal law found in Scripture, “Love your neighbor as yourself,” you are doing right. James 2:8

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, the law of love found in scripture seemed to be good enough for James....

If you really keep the royal law found in Scripture, “Love your neighbor as yourself,” you are doing right. James 2:8
That's good. There is better.

Much love!

Corlove13

Apr 30, 2021
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am an offender of grace, but not under the interpretation of osas:

For this is what grace does...that many strictly deny we do nothing....

Titus 2:11

For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men, teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly in the present age, looking for the blessed hope and glorious appearing of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ, who gave Himself for us, that He might redeem us from every lawless deed and purify for Himself His own special people, zealous for good works.

Reactions: amigo de christo

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Sheffield, Yorkshire, home of Robin Hood.
robinhood-loxley.weebly.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Don't you even realize that 'love your neighbor as yourself' is the law? Leviticus 19:18

The person who upholds the law (Romans 3:31) is saying much about themselves! That they know and see God (1 John 3:6).
Just because loving your neighbour is part of the law, that does not make it wrong.

Reactions: Ferris Bueller

Corlove13

Apr 30, 2021
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am an offender of grace, but not under the interpretation of osas:

For this is what grace does...that many strictly deny we do nothing....

For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men, teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly in the present age, looking for the blessed hope and glorious appearing of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ, who gave Himself for us, that He might redeem us from every lawless deed and purify for Himself His own special people, zealous for good works.
This is an amazing passage: in Titus 2

"looking for the blessed hope and glorious appearing of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ, who gave Himself for us, that He might redeem us from every lawless deed and purify for Himself His own special people, zealous for good works."

For when you connect it to the passage in John 14:23.....it makes sense:

23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

Reactions: Cooper

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
...that many strictly deny we do nothing....
Rubbish! This is falsely ascribed to those with whom you disagree.

It's God's grace that teaches us, literally trains us as children, to live soberly, righteously, and godly.

It's not the taking upon ourselves the responsibility to maintain our salvation through whatever means we've convinced ourselves that we have to keep doing to keep being saved, that's not grace, and won't train you in godliness.

Much love!

Reactions: BloodBought 1953

Corlove13

Apr 30, 2021
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

"looking for the blessed hope and glorious appearing of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ, who gave Himself for us, that He might redeem us from every lawless deed and purify for Himself His own special people, zealous for good works."

23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.
So by the above post....we see why He gave Himself up.......for

This is about being alive in the Kingdom in the presence of God...this is why and how He produces people zealous for good works...

Corlove13

Apr 30, 2021
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
looking for the blessed hope and glorious appearing of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ, who gave Himself for us, that He might redeem us from every lawless deed and purify for Himself His own special people, zealous for good works."

Does this passage say He gave Himself up so that we can have heaven when we physically die? Even that is a part of it.

No, it says He gave Himself up

"that He might redeem us from every lawless deed"

Why is that? Because Just as the Ark of the covenant was carried where ever Israel was.

It shows God wants to be around us now while on earth.....but key is upholding the Law through, my words of interpretation> the faith and faithfulness of Christ.

For His faithfulness is one of, that He lives forever to INTERCEED on our behalf for those who come to Him.

........."and was raised to life for our justification."

Another words what Christ accomplished ...we do in Him..by living out His life

Another words He gave His life so we could live by His....

It's the interaction between His life and ours in sanctification[growth in righteousness] that contributes to eternal life.

Therefore if you are led by the Spirit you are sons of God

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Ferris Bueller ... We are good you and I. We just don't agree on the issue of Salvation.
My sadness in these threads is that those who argue on the side of losing salvation... ALWAYS
throw in that Grace believers live in terrible states of sin and disobedience...AND that they promote
sinful living... This is cruel and incorrect.

I cannot help that the United Church has embraced homosexuality... that is not my fault... nor is it my belief.. therefore I would never attend such a church... I would stand against it...
I cannot help that Catholicism is perhaps the world's largest cult. I was brought up in it... and I walked away... I stand against it.
I cannot help that in North America... in the last 50 or so years... there has been a birthing of the most DECEPTIVE and EVIL doctrine
called Word of Faith/ Prosperity Gospel... So many Christians believe in these movements. I absolutely stand AGAINST them.

People are so worried about what other Christians are DOING.... that they have neglected to care for and GUARD their own hearts.

I live my life with absolute JOY... I know what sin is... I am not stupid... but I also know what a PROMISE is... and according to scripture... He is faithful to finish within me ( and all believers ) what He has begun.

The problem with this polar opposite view of salvation is that one is based on what HE HAS DONE... and the other is based on what we have done.... This is the heresy of it all...

I am FREE now... from all condemnation.... FRUIT comes as a NATURAL by-product of KNOWING GOD... and this seems to offend so many people.

I am not SIN focused like so many... I am GRACE focused... My heart is filled with AWE of who GOD IS... and I am thankful and grateful beyond words.

The bible is filled with promises to us... but false doctrine dares to try and remove them.
Fruit actually comes from the Holy Spirit .
For the FRUIT of the SPIRIT is in all righteousness , godliness , truth , proving what is acceptable unto God .
As you already well know the problem is most folks are following another jesus . One that feeds the flesh
This is why i beg and plead for folks to go back into bibles and just learn all things He taught and all things the apostels taught .
Taking heed unto every warning , every promise . beholding always BOTH the goodness and severity of God .
WE must learn that JESUS well . I am so terrffied for so many folks . They holler we are saved
they holler , JUST AS I ONCE DID TOO , we have JESUS . BUT Examine the fruits . THE FRUITS will prove
if one is truly OF HIM , or is of the world and follows another jesus , which AINT NO JESUS .
Mount up peoples . WE got us a massive battle brewing . As jude once made the call, SO NOW I DO TOO .
GET UP and CONTEND FOR THE TRUE FAITH . THE ALL INCLUSIVE LIE IS TAKING SOULS daily .
Its a battle for the souls of men . And the delusion rests not , thus neither can the lambs . WE must contend for the true faith .
And we better know we are following THE BIBLICAL JESUS and not another jesus .

Tetha

Jun 10, 2021
vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Fruit actually comes from the Holy Spirit .
For the FRUIT of the SPIRIT is in all righteousness , godliness , truth , proving what is acceptable unto God .
As you already well know the problem is most folks are following another jesus . One that feeds the flesh
This is why i beg and plead for folks to go back into bibles and just learn all things He taught and all things the apostels taught .
Taking heed unto every warning , every promise . beholding always BOTH the goodness and severity of God .
WE must learn that JESUS well . I am so terrffied for so many folks . They holler we are saved
they holler , JUST AS I ONCE DID TOO , we have JESUS . BUT Examine the fruits . THE FRUITS will prove
if one is truly OF HIM , or is of the world and follows another jesus , which AINT NO JESUS .
Mount up peoples . WE got us a massive battle brewing . As jude once made the call, SO NOW I DO TOO .
GET UP and CONTEND FOR THE TRUE FAITH . THE ALL INCLUSIVE LIE IS TAKING SOULS daily .
Its a battle for the souls of men . And the delusion rests not , thus neither can the lambs . WE must contend for the true faith .
And we better know we are following THE BIBLICAL JESUS and not another jesus .
While the fruit of the spirit isn’t seen as individual attributes, it is applicable when all of the 9 are grouped together. Kinda like not one w/o the others, as an example of evidence of the fruit. imho

Reactions: amigo de christo

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
While the fruit of the spirit isn’t seen as individual attributes, it is applicable when all of the 9 are grouped together. Kinda like not one w/o the others, as an example of evidence of the fruit. imho
Tetha , enjoy this next thing .
Notice that the fruit of the SPIRIT proves what is acceptable to GOD . not to man , not to a generation , but to GOD .
Thus if we see any love that contradicts GOD , His truth , know ye and understand that it is false sensual love .
Any of the nine fruits that contradict GOD , well it is not of HIM .
example . How often i see folks hollering God is love , and that gay marriage is love . OOPSY . that aint of the SPIRIT now is it .
Cause that aint love .
How often i see one preaching this or that , using words , but the meaning behind it , leads us away from GOD .
Another example .
How often do i see folks hollering we are FREE , we are FREE , JESUS has set us free , and yet they justify their sin
and feel ever so free to do so . YET JESUS came to set us free FROM SIN , not to feel free IN SIN or TO SIN .
Liberty is another example . OH WE have liberty now . we can do this or that .
YET paul agreed we have liberty , ONLY USE IT NOT FOR AN OCCASION TO THE FLESH , aka TO SIN .
SEE the problem yet . Satan is ripping folks up yet uses the same words . LIKE UNITY for example .
They big one this one . YET their unity is CONTRARY TO GOD . WHO said be not unequally yoked .
In fact paul said , MARK those who cause divisions , THAT ARE CONTRARY TO THE DOCTRINE YE LEARNED
mark and AVOID . OOPSY . But today doctrine dont seem to matter , JUST UNITY AND THIS FALSE LOVE .

Corlove13

Apr 30, 2021
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
looking for the blessed hope and glorious appearing of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ, who gave Himself for us, that He might redeem us from every lawless deed and purify for Himself His own special people, zealous for good works."

Does this passage say He gave Himself up so that we can have heaven when we physically die? Even that is a part of it.

No, it says He gave Himself up

"that He might redeem us from every lawless deed"

Why is that? Because Just as the Ark of the covenant was carried where ever Israel was.

It shows God wants to be around us now while on earth.....but key is upholding the Law through, my words of interpretation> the faith and faithfulness of Christ.

For His faithfulness is one of, that He lives forever to INTERCEED on our behalf for those who come to Him.

........."and was raised to life for our justification."

Another words what Christ accomplished ...we do in Him..by living out His life

Another words He gave His life so we could live by His....

It's the interaction between His life and ours in sanctification[growth in righteousness] that contributes to eternal life.

Therefore if you are led by the Spirit you are sons of God
Now when you read this passage 1 John 5:11 look where the life is located:

And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.

So how do you lay hold of the life that is in His son? WORK OUT YOUR SALVATION, LIVE ACCORDING TO YOUR CALL. 1Timothy 6:12

Tetha

Jun 10, 2021
vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Tetha , enjoy this next thing .
Notice that the fruit of the SPIRIT proves what is acceptable to GOD . not to man , not to a generation , but to GOD .
Thus if we see any love that contradicts GOD , His truth , know ye and understand that it is false sensual love .
Any of the nine fruits that contradict GOD , well it is not of HIM .
example . How often i see folks hollering God is love , and that gay marriage is love . OOPSY . that aint of the SPIRIT now is it .
Cause that aint love .
How often i see one preaching this or that , using words , but the meaning behind it , leads us away from GOD .
Another example .
How often do i see folks hollering we are FREE , we are FREE , JESUS has set us free , and yet they justify their sin
and feel ever so free to do so . YET JESUS came to set us free FROM SIN , not to feel free IN SIN or TO SIN .
Liberty is another example . OH WE have liberty now . we can do this or that .
YET paul agreed we have liberty , ONLY USE IT NOT FOR AN OCCASION TO THE FLESH , aka TO SIN .
SEE the problem yet . Satan is ripping folks up yet uses the same words . LIKE UNITY for example .
They big one this one . YET their unity is CONTRARY TO GOD . WHO said be not unequally yoked .
In fact paul said , MARK those who cause divisions , THAT ARE CONTRARY TO THE DOCTRINE YE LEARNED
mark and AVOID . OOPSY . But today doctrine dont seem to matter , JUST UNITY AND THIS FALSE LOVE .
It is the thing against which there is no law.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
****************A warning to guests and new Christians********************
The people that are pushing the OSAS doctrine on this thread are not inline with Christian morals, ethics, or values.
It is a false teaching that can lead to loss of salvation and a judgment to hell. Danger is here in this thread. BEWARE!
The doctrine of OSAS is hand written by Satan himself.

If you come here...come to Christianity and you are living a sinful lifestyle you must repent and change your ways. Do not let these heretics of Satan make you believe that you can go on sinning and have any hope of heaven. Heaven will not be full of evildoers, that is a reservation for hell!

Last edited:

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you are a homosexual or a drug user? If you have spent your life carousing around from one sexual partner to another. Whatever your sin is, you can come to Christ for a Christian celebration!

Yes you can have a new beginning! Like the past never happened. A new person in Christ…Christianity is the answer. Start a new beginning with a new life. There will be nothing in your past held against you.

Believe in Christ and repent of your sins and commit to do your best to sin no more. Be baptized and participate in communion…

Go to the Church of your choice and fellowship with good people!
Stand and worship and sing praises to the Lord with good people!

Tetha

Jun 10, 2021
vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
****************A warning to guests and new Christians********************
The people that are pushing the OSAS doctrine on this thread are not inline with Christian morals, ethics, are values.
It is a false teaching that can lead to loss of salvation and a judgment to hell. Danger is here in this thread. BEWARE!
The doctrine of OSAS is hand written by Satan himself.

If you come here...come to Christianity and you are living a sinful lifestyle you must repent and change your ways. Do not let these heretics of Satan make you believe that you can go on sinning and have any hope of heaven. Heaven will not be full of evildoers, that is a reservation for hell!
Perhaps you don’t understand about loss of rewards and have only the picture of purgatory in your head.

One needs to believe that God is a rewarder, Hebrews 13

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Perhaps you don’t understand about loss of rewards and have only the picture of purgatory in your head.

One needs to believe that God is a rewarder, Hebrews 13

Purgatory does not exist and I misunderstand nothing.