NM commission rules photographer discriminated against gay couple

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

jamesrage

Apr 30, 2007
This is why local elections are just as important or even sometimes more important than the national elections.http://www.lcsun-news.com/ci_8893673
ALBUQUERQUE, N.M.—A professional photographer who refused to take pictures of a gay couple's commitment ceremony because of her religious beliefs violated New Mexico discrimination law, a human rights panel ruled.Vanessa Willock filed a complaint with the New Mexico Human Rights Commission in 2006, contending that Albuquerque photographer Elaine Huguenin told her she photographed only traditional marriages. Huguenin and her husband, Jon, own Elane Photography.The commission's one-page ruling Wednesday said Elane Photography violated the state Human Rights Act by discriminating against Willock on the basis of sexual orientation, and should pay $6,637 for Willock's attorney's fees and costs.Willock, through her attorney, said in an e-mail that she was pleased by the finding."I feel that it is an important decision towards defining the responsibilities of business when they offer their services to the public in this state," she said.The Alliance Defense Fund, a Christian organization that defends religious liberty, plans to appeal to state district court."The fact she is a commercial business does not mean she loses her constititutional protection. ... The constitution prevents the government from forcing people to choose between their faith and their livelihood," ADF's senior counsel, Jordan Lorence, said Friday.

Jerusalem Junkie

Jan 7, 2008
Thats sick. I do not blame her I would not have done it either. If G-d had mean't for man to marry man and woman to marry woman whats the need for the opposite sex he would have just made Adame and stopped at that....

Wakka

Jun 4, 2007
(Jerusalem Junkie;45244)
Thats sick. I do not blame her I would not have done it either. If G-d had mean't for man to marry man and woman to marry woman whats the need for the opposite sex he would have just made Adame and stopped at that....
Gay rights activists are a bunch of airheads.Also, J.Junkie. Why do you put the hyphen in G-d? I never quite figured that out.You can also remove your blessings in your control panel (CB Plaza).

MWM

Feb 16, 2008
Very true. God made Adam and Eve, NOT Adam And Steve!lol. I love that phrase.