No authority!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because of this:

15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.

16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

17 That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.

2 Timothy 2:15
Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

So unless you deign to not be a workman- then you need to study! Paul commended the individual Bereans, for He taught, then they checked to verify if what He taught was true! They just didn't take his word for it!

We all have a responsibility to verify the accuracy of any sects teaching against the Word of God. Accept it if ti aligns with the Word and reject it at all costs if it veers from teh clear teachings of Scripture!

that was for Timothy who was an apostle and successor to paul

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have to admit, you have me there. The Bible authorizes all of us to function in this capacity. The authority does not come from Rome.
The difference is in WHAT we mediate. What the Catholic priesthood says they mediate was laid aside by what Jesus' Ministry and Sacrifice mediates. No one needs a mortal priesthood to mediate what the mortal priesthood used to mediate between God and man. That is now done by Christ, and Christ alone, and we access it by our faith without any help or intervention from man.

Reactions: Wrangler

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The difference is in WHAT we mediate. What the Catholic priesthood says they mediate was laid aside by what Jesus' Ministry and Sacrifice mediates. No one needs a mortal priesthood to mediate what the mortal priesthood used to mediate between God and man. That is now done by Christ, and Christ alone, and we access it by our faith without any help or intervention from man.

still waiting?????

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where does it say the “Bible alone”?
Acts 2:42
It does say tradition alone of course!

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Pot. Meet kettle. You are the one saying the pope is not worshipped.
He's not "worshipped" in the way YOU contend.

If you want to go by the SECONDARY definition, wich simply means respected and honored - THEN you can say he is "worshipped" - just like a parent or teacher or a sports hero mught be "worsipped".

Consider yourewlf linguistically-spanked . . .

Last edited:

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have to admit, you have me there. The Bible authorizes all of us to function in this capacity. The authority does not come from Rome.
Correct.

The Authority over Christ's Church doesn't cmoe from Rome or any other place.
It comes from Christ, who transferred that Authority onto Peter and his succeccors (Matt. 16:18-19, John 21:15-19).

Reactions: theefaith

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is still inherent in 1 Timothy 2:5. Jesus is the only go-between.
We are the body of Christ so we, as being a part of Him, can also go to the unbelieving on behalf of Christ, in evangelism, and to Christ on behalf of others, in making intercession.
But people do not get to God by going through us.

While that is true of Christ; that they can get to the Father by going through Christ
Certainly not Mary or the saints.
This is a gigantic contridiction.
To "intercede" is to "go between", Einstein.

Now - reconcile you rlast acoment above in RED with Rev. 5:8 . . .
They are one and the same.
WRONG.
That's like saying that ice cream and cake are "one and the same" thing because they both fall into the "dessert" category.

Evangelizing is the spreading of the Word of God.
The Ministry of Reconciliation is about repentance and forgiveness.

NOT the same thing.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He's not "worshipped" in the way YOU contend.

If you want to go by the SECONDARY definition, wich simply means respected and honored - THEN you can say he is "worshipped" - just like a parent or teacher or a sports hero mught be "worsipped".

Consider yourewlf linguistically-spanked . . .

wrangler please define worship?
Adoration?
Reparation?
Offering sacrifice?

what?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Correct.

The Authority over Christ's Church doesn't cmoe from Rome or any other place.
It comes from Christ, who transferred that Authority onto Peter and his succeccors (Matt. 16:18-19, John 21:15-19).

please try at least once wrangler to actually read the Bible

In 20:21-23

AS THE FATHER SENT ME SO I SEND YOU!

Jn 15:5

APART FROM ME YOU CAN DO NOTHING!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Now - reconcile you rlast acoment above in RED with Rev. 5:8 . . .

WRONG.
That's like saying that ice cream and cake are "one and the same" thing because they both fall into the "dessert" category.

NOT the same thing.

Jesus is the only mediator of justice between God and us , but in the communion of saints all can pray and have with Jesus intercession is! Rev 5:7

Jn 2 Mary interceded and couple has wine instead of shame!
The disciples had faith in him instead of unbelief!
And the new covenant was manifest!

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Once again - that's NOT what the Bible says.
As a metter of fact - Paul makes the following statement in defense of his priestly function:
Rom 15:14-16
I myself am satisfied about you, my brothers, that you yourselves are full of goodness, filled with all knowledge and able to instruct one another. But on some points I have written to you very boldly by way of reminder, because of the grace given me by God to be a minister of Christ Jesus to the Gentiles in the PRIESTLY SERVICE of the gospel of God, so that the offering of the Gentiles may be acceptable, sanctified by the Holy Spirit.

Here, the verb form of the SAME Greek word for "Priest" (heirus) that we find everywhere else in the NT is used.
Your KJV renders this word as "ministering" because the translators of the KJV had an anti-Catholic/anti-Priest agenda - even though the Greek word is clear.

Besides - I also showed you James 5:14, 2 Cor. 5:18-20 and 2 Cor. 2:10 which further obliterate your anti-Priest argument . . .

Last edited:

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The hypocrisy that you can spread your lies faster than a virus - and STILL have the nerve to sanctimoniously condemn others.

Just like a Pharisee . . .
Take a peek at ya pope . HE is claiming those who prolosetyze are not even true christians . The sell out
preaches a false go spell and then has the audacity to condemn the ones who aint sold out and preach JESUS only saves
to the world . Pope francis is bad news for all who sit under him . As are many of our own protestant leaders .
Prosperity false gospel , false emergent church , nar and many others .
Stop following men and let us follow Christ . And then the true men who speak the truth .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Take a peek at ya pope . HE is claiming those who prolosetyze are not even true christians . The sell out
preaches a false go spell and then has the audacity to condemn the ones who aint sold out and preach JESUS only saves
to the world . Pope francis is bad news for all who sit under him . As are many of our own protestant leaders .
Stop following men and let us follow Christ . And then the true men who speak the truth .
Give me the actual QUOTE from Pope Francis - and the SOURCE for that quote.
If you can't - then you're just blowing hot wind . . .

As for your last comment above in RED - I DO follow Christ BECAUSE I follow His Church, which is:
- The Pillar and foudation of Truth (1 Tim. 3:15).
-The FULLNESS of Christ (Eph. 1:22-23).
-Who He identifies His very SELF with (Acts 9:4-5).
-Who He gave SUPREME earthly Authority to (Matt. 16:18-19, Matt. 18:15-18, Luke 10:16, John 16:12-15, John 20:21-23).

Remember - it's YOU who follows mere men who rejected the truths listed above in the 16th century . . .

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And more of YOUR complete inability to refute them . . .

Why should I refute what has not been addressed to me?

Jesus is God in the flesh....that is what it means when it says that He is the only mediator between God and men.

Now - reconcile your last comment <fify> above in RED with Rev. 5:8 . . .

Revelation 5:8 doesn't say what you think it says.

NOT the same thing.

People repent and receive forgiveness as the result of evangelization...it is their response to hearing the gospel.

Now, I almost said, "he isn't worth my time and energy, because he is never going to change"...

But I felt that I needed to give you more of a chance.

So I may continue to post to you even though I feel it is not a fruitful endeavor and will only bring me more grief than pleasure.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why should I refute what has not been addressed to me?
Hey - YOU'RE the one who keeps chiming in.
If you don't have answers - then why horn in on a conversation that doesn't concern you?
Jesus is God in the flesh....that is what it means when it says that He is the only mediator between God and men.
HUH??
No it doesn't.

When it says "the MAN Jesus Christ" - that means He is God in the flesh.
Revelation 5:8 doesn't say what you think it says.
Then explain it to me . . .
People repent and receive forgiveness as the result of evangelization...it is their response to hearing the gospel.

Now, I almost said, "he isn't worth my time and energy, because he is never going to change"...
But I felt that I needed to give you more of a chance.
So I may continue to post to you even though I feel it is not a fruitful endeavor and will only bring me more grief than pleasure.
And the bottom line here is that the crux of the verses we were talking about (2 Cor. 5:18-20, 2 Cor. 2:10) are about the Ministry of Reconciliation given to the LEADERS of the Church - and how it pertains to forgiveness of sin. READ the text.

They are NOT an address about evangelization.
You have completely LOST your way here . . .

Illuminator

Jan 11, 2020
Hamilton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
R6aa98769da672e82452d89ea8b7de952

Illuminator

Jan 11, 2020
Hamilton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
That's absolutely true. But that does not rule out subordinate mediators. That is a tradition of men. The notion of no subordinate mediators is not even hinted at in Scripture, yet some Christians have made it a dogma. The cloud of witnesses in Hebrews 12:1 are not deaf and blind to earthly affairs, as they would have it. Being deaf and blind is not a heavenly reward, IMO.

Before Paul’s teaching about Jesus as the “one mediator,” Paul urges supplications, prayers, intercessions, and thanksgivings be made for all people. Paul is thus appealing for mediation from others besides Christ, the one mediator. Why?

1 Tim 2:3 – because this subordinate mediation is good and acceptable to God our Savior. Because God is our Father and we are His children, God invites us to participate in Christ’s role as mediator.

1 Tim. 2:5 – therefore, although Jesus Christ is the sole mediator between God and man, there are many intercessors (subordinate mediators).

1 Cor. 3:9 – God invites us to participate in Christ’s work because we are God’s “fellow workers” and one family in the body of Christ. God wants His children to participate. The phrase used to describe “fellow workers” is “sunergoi,” which literally means synergists, or cooperators with God in salvific matters. Does God need fellow workers? Of course not, but this shows how much He, as Father, loves His children. God wants us to work with Him.

Mark 16:20 – this is another example of how the Lord “worked with them” (“sunergountos”). God cooperates with us. Out of His eternal love, He invites our participation.

Rom. 8:28 – God “works for good with” (the Greek is “sunergei eis agathon”) those who love Him. We work as subordinate mediators.

2 Cor. 6:1 – “working together” (the Greek is “sunergountes”) with him, don’t accept His grace in vain. God allows us to participate in His work, not because He needs our help, but because He loves us and wants to exalt us in His Son. It is like the father who lets his child join him in carrying the groceries in the house. The father does not need help, but he invites the child to assist to raise up the child in dignity and love.

Illuminator

Jan 11, 2020
Hamilton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
INTRODUCTION

1. The Gospel of life is at the heart of Jesus' message. Lovingly received day after day by the Church, it is to be preached with dauntless fidelity as "good news" to the people of every age and culture.

At the dawn of salvation, it is the Birth of a Child which is proclaimed as joyful news: "I bring you good news of a great joy which will come to all the people; for to you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, who is Christ the Lord" (Lk 2:10-11). The source of this "great joy" is the Birth of the Saviour; but Christmas also reveals the full meaning of every human birth, and the joy which accompanies the Birth of the Messiah is thus seen to be the foundation and fulfilment of joy at every child born into the world (cf. Jn 16:21).

When he presents the heart of his redemptive mission, Jesus says: "I came that they may have life, and have it abundantly" (Jn 10:10). In truth, he is referring to that "new" and "eternal" life which consists in communion with the Father, to which every person is freely called in the Son by the power of the Sanctifying Spirit. It is precisely in this "life" that all the aspects and stages of human life achieve their full significance.

The incomparable worth of the human person

2. Man is called to a fullness of life which far exceeds the dimensions of his earthly existence, because it consists in sharing the very life of God. The loftiness of this supernatural vocation reveals the greatness and the inestimable value of human life even in its temporal phase. Life in time, in fact, is the fundamental condition, the initial stage and an integral part of the entire unified process of human existence. It is a process which, unexpectedly and undeservedly, is enlightened by the promise and renewed by the gift of divine life, which will reach its full realization in eternity (cf. 1 Jn 3:1-2). At the same time, it is precisely this supernatural calling which highlights the relative character of each individual's earthly life. After all, life on earth is not an "ultimate" but a "penultimate" reality; even so, it remains a sacred reality entrusted to us, to be preserved with a sense of responsibility and brought to perfection in love and in the gift of ourselves to God and to our brothers and sisters.

The Church knows that this Gospel of life, which she has received from her Lord, 1 has a profound and persuasive echo in the heart of every person-believer and non-believer alike-because it marvellously fulfils all the heart's expectations while infinitely surpassing them. Even in the midst of difficulties and uncertainties, every person sincerely open to truth and goodness can, by the light of reason and the hidden action of grace, come to recognize in the natural law written in the heart (cf. Rom 2:14-15) the sacred value of human life from its very beginning until its end, and can affirm the right of every human being to have this primary good respected to the highest degree. Upon the recognition of this right, every human community and the political community itself are founded.

In a special way, believers in Christ must defend and promote this right, aware as they are of the wonderful truth recalled by the Second Vatican Council: "By his incarnation the Son of God has united himself in some fashion with every human being".2 This saving event reveals to humanity not only the boundless love of God who "so loved the world that he gave his only Son" (Jn 3:16), but also the incomparable value of every human person.

The Church, faithfully contemplating the mystery of the Redemption, acknowledges this value with ever new wonder.3 She feels called to proclaim to the people of all times this "Gospel", the source of invincible hope and true joy for every period of history. The Gospel of God's love for man, the Gospel of the dignity of the person and the Gospel of life are a single and indivisible Gospel.
For this reason, man-living man-represents the primary and fundamental way for the Church. 4
Evangelium Vitae

This leaves the gospel of the anti-Catholic thin and anemic.

Last edited: