'No Immortal Soul'? (Challenge)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
From my perspective people may choose to believe what they will believe, as long as there is no fighting, and bickering over our shared beliefs that is good in my opinion.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Man is "Tri-part"

He is "3", as God is 3<>1

Man is..

Body

Soul (mind, will, emotions)

Spirit (must be born again, or goes to Hell).

Why do you always type with spaces like that? I was doing it there for a long time, but there doesn't really seem to be any sense to it. They say man is tripart being. I believe that man and woman are body and soul, and they receive spirit when they come of faith. When it comes to Hell I believe that place is done with and over. If people would look into Revelation 20-22, they would see that Hell is done away with by the time they hit the first verse of 21.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Since the earth was created for physical living beings, and the new earth shall be made new again for the same purpose, if our mortal body is not resurrected immortal & incorruptible for life on the new earth, what's the point of resurrecting the physical bodies of the faithful dead from the graves? It won't be for being judged and cast into the lake of fire that is the second death, but for the faithful to live with Christ forever the way God wanted it to be in the beginning before there was sin, dying, and death!

While that may sound exciting and all to you, I rather be in heaven with Yahava, and perhaps help those outside in darkness. I dont know what people except, but my expectation is not always going to be the same as their hopefully expectation, thank you for sharing. I have had many ideas of asking Yahava if I could come back and look at all the stars and galaxies he had made and perhaps come back on earth - however slowly those desires died away, into just desriing to be near Him.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Why do you always type with spaces like that?

Thx for the ?Q?

1.) So that you can read between the lines and think, which gives the Holy Spirit time to work.

and, So that you can recognize me, on every other forum.

I am on all 'christian" forums, or have been.... and not always as "behold".. and people who know me from other forums..... will come to my Threads or my PM box and say... "I know its you" .. or "nice to see you here"... etc etc... and some will say.. ."you are back to attack John Calvin".....

A.) But to specifically answer your question.. @MatthewG

I write so that it teaches the spiritual understanding ........so i have to give the reader time so that that the Holy Spirit who is active in all the born again can reveal the hidden LIGHT regarding what im teaching (that they are able to receive).. as each born born again believer is on their own path and different level OF spiritual growth.

I only Teach Paul's doctrine.

1 Corinthians 11:1

Last edited:

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Man is "Tri-part"

He is "3", as God is 3<>1

Man is..

Body

Soul (mind, will, emotions)

Spirit (must be born again, or goes to Hell).
None of these things come from Christ’s teachings.....man is indeed a body of flesh....a completely “mortal” soul. (Ezekiel 18:4) The soul dies along with the body.....death is the opposite of life....not a continuation of it in another form, in another place.

A soul in scripture is a living, breathing creature who is earth bound....both man and animals are called “souls”. (Eccl 3:19-20)
Both die the same death because both have the “same spirit” or animating force sustained by breathing. When breathing stops, the whole creature dies. There is nothing that departs from the body at death.

And the spirit is the lifeforce that keeps a soul alive by breathing oxygen to supply the body cells with all they need to extend or continue life. Mortals cannot live without external means to stay alive. Deprived of water, food or oxygen, a mortal soul will soon die.

Only a spirit can be immortal. (Needing no external means to support life.)
Those who are “born again” will not be creatures of flesh again, but will dwell as spirit beings in the spirit realm with God, his son and the angels, forever.

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
More then "Christ" taught in the NT

A human's spirit is not the same as you find in a dog.
God's Spirit is not the same as you find in The Devil
Seriously...how is that a reply to my post? :ummm:

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Seriously...how is that a reply to my post? :ummm:

You need more?

Ok., good.

1.) Man is "body, soul, and Spirit" = 3

He is "tri-part", exactly as God is Triune. or 3 in One.

God said.. "let US make man in OUR image", and this is 3, including the Holy Spirit.

So, a 3 in One Godhead, created a Tri-part Adam, who is "body, soul, Spirit".

What is that?

2 ) It means, you are a Spirit, you have a soul, and you live in a body.

What is the soul?

The soul is the : "mind, will, and emotions".

What is the Spirit" ?

The Sprit is the real you, that has to be born again.
The Spirit is what goes to HELL if its not born again.
The born again Spirit is the "Son/Daughter" of God, that is the "new creation in Christ".

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just curious. Thank you for your time.

No immortal soul? The quest to find out if souls go on or not.

Many people are spot on sure, souls do not go on.

If you can't find a verbatim scripture, it wouldn't make sense to post.

If you would like to post, you will not be condemned for sharing, or what you may believe.
Some are immortal and some are not.
Behold, I tell you a [m]mystery: We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed— " in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality. So when this corruptible has put on incorruption, and this mortal has put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written: “Death is swallowed up in victory.”
1 Cor. 15:52-54

>>Immortality is given by God to those who believe in Christ only! Jesus promises eternal life for those who believe in Him. Many go to their deaths not believing. We spread the gospel for this purpose, so that many will believe and be saved. Saved from what? Death, physical and spiritual.
And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. But rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell (the Gehenna, the Lake of Fire) MATT. 10:28
>> So the body can be killed by man; but the soul cannot be killed by man. Only Gid can destroy both soul and body.
Again the unbelieving soul will be destroy, therefore is not immortal.

Reactions: rwb

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Some are immortal and some are not.
Behold, I tell you a [m]mystery: We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed— " in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality. So when this corruptible has put on incorruption, and this mortal has put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written: “Death is swallowed up in victory.”
1 Cor. 15:52-54

>>Immortality is given by God to those who believe in Christ only! Jesus promises eternal life for those who believe in Him. Many go to their deaths not believing. We spread the gospel for this purpose, so that many will believe and be saved. Saved from what? Death, physical and spiritual
And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. But rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell (the Gehenna, the Lake of Fire) MATT. 10:28
>> So the body can be killed by man; but the soul cannot be killed by man. Only Gid can destroy both soul and body.
Again the unbelieving soul will be destroy, therefore is not immortal.
Jesus because of his faith, and his love towards his Father dying for all mankind, it seems the Lord God Almighty will raise all souls up from the dead. All people will be resurrected, be it resurrection of life, or condemnation, or a resurrection that is better than the normal one.

rwb

Nov 11, 2022
Branson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus because of his faith, and his love towards his Father dying for all mankind, it seems the Lord God Almighty will raise all souls up from the dead. All people will be resurrected, be it resurrection of life, or condemnation, or a resurrection that is better than the normal one.

Where in Scripture can we find "a resurrection that is better than the normal one"?

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where in Scripture can we find "a resurrection that is better than the normal one"?

Paul talks about the Resurrection of the Dead. Resurrection all through the bible is mainly written in the greek word anastasis, where Paul talks about this it is noticed as (exanastasis), which is an outer - resurrection from the normal one.
Hebrew writer writes about people who wanted a better resurrection.

rwb

Nov 11, 2022
Branson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Paul talks about the Resurrection of the Dead. Resurrection all through the bible is mainly written in the greek word anastasis, where Paul talks about this it is noticed as (exanastasis), which is an outer - resurrection from the normal one.
Hebrew writer writes about people who wanted a better resurrection.

Yes, the better resurrection the Old Covenant faithful saints looked for was physical resurrection to immortality and incorruption. The Bible shows us physical resurrection to physical life again. Those resurrections were not the better resurrection the Old Covenant faithful looked for, because resurrection from mortal life to mortal life again is not having life forever.

The other resurrection the Bible shows us is the physical resurrection of Christ, who is the first to be physically resurrected and NEVER die again. This resurrection is called the "first resurrection" in Rev 20. It is by partaking of Christ's resurrection life before we physically die that the faithful Old Covenant saints sought as "a better resurrection." Their faith gave them assurance that they would one day be delivered from death forever. Which is why they refused to forsake their faith so they would be delivered from physical death that would not be forever. By keeping faith unto death, they and we together will obtain the better resurrection to immortality and incorruption.

Hebrews 11:35-40 (KJV) Women received their dead raised to life again: and others were tortured, not accepting deliverance; that they might obtain a better resurrection: And others had trial of cruel mockings and scourgings, yea, moreover of bonds and imprisonment: They were stoned, they were sawn asunder, were tempted, were slain with the sword: they wandered about in sheepskins and goatskins; being destitute, afflicted, tormented; (Of whom the world was not worthy:) they wandered in deserts, and in mountains, and in dens and caves of the earth. And these all, having obtained a good report through faith, received not the promise: God having provided some better thing for us, that they without us should not be made perfect.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, the better resurrection the Old Covenant faithful saints looked for was physical resurrection to immortality and incorruption.
I disagree - they looked for a heavenly home. I disagree with looking forward to a physical resurrection. You may, I do not, that is okay.
There are three types of resurrections, condemnation, of life, and a better resurrection.

Hebrews 11:16 Instead, they were longing for a better country—a heavenly one. Therefore God is not ashamed to be called their God, for he has prepared a city for them.

Last edited:

rwb

Nov 11, 2022
Branson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, the better resurrection the Old Covenant faithful saints looked for was physical resurrection to immortality and incorruption.
I disagree - they looked for a heavenly home. I disagree with looking forward to a physical resurrection. You may, I do not, that is okay.
There are three types of resurrections, condemnation, of life, and a better resurrection.

In one sense I agree there is assured hope for having life in heaven after we physically die. But the life we have in heaven after our body breathes its last is only a temporary home. But heaven is not where we shall have immortal & incorruptible resurrected physical bodies from the graves to life again. To look forward to a physical resurrection from mortal to immortal body that shall have life through our eternal spirit that comes back with Christ, is to look forward to once again being a whole or complete human being as man was in the beginning when God created man. Before sin, and death through sin entered into God's creation, in that resurrection we shall live forever with Christ on the new earth.

The heavenly home the Old Covenant faithful saints looked for, they obtained when Christ gave His blood to make atonement for sin, and defeated death by resurrecting from the dead. They were the captives that Christ set free. But the better resurrection will not be theirs until the Kingdom of God in heaven is complete, and we shall all be changed from mortal to immortal and incorruptible.

Ephesians 4:8-10 (KJV) Wherefore he saith, When he ascended up on high, he led captivity captive, and gave gifts unto men. (Now that he ascended, what is it but that he also descended first into the lower parts of the earth? He that descended is the same also that ascended up far above all heavens, that he might fill all things.)

The grave could no longer hold them because they died in faith, knowing the Redeemer would come to save them. The ascended with Christ to heaven a spiritual body of believers. They are the saints that will return with Christ when the last trumpet sounds and the graves are opened in an hour that is coming.

1 Thessalonians 4:13-15 (KJV) But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope. For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him. For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.

Matthew 27:51-53 (KJV) And, behold, the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom; and the earth did quake, and the rocks rent; And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose, And came out of the graves after his resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many.

Hebrews 12:22-23 (KJV)
But ye are come unto mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels, To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect,

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In one sense I agree there is assured hope for having life in heaven after we physically die. But the life we have in heaven after our body breathes its last is only a temporary home. But heaven is not where we shall have immortal & incorruptible resurrected physical bodies from the graves to life again. To look forward to a physical resurrection from mortal to immortal body that shall have life through our eternal spirit that comes back with Christ, is to look forward to once again being a whole or complete human being as man was in the beginning when God created man. Before sin, and death through sin entered into God's creation, in that resurrection we shall live forever with Christ on the new earth.

The heavenly home the Old Covenant faithful saints looked for, they obtained when Christ gave His blood to make atonement for sin, and defeated death by resurrecting from the dead. They were the captives that Christ set free.

Ephesians 4:8-10 (KJV) Wherefore he saith, When he ascended up on high, he led captivity captive, and gave gifts unto men. (Now that he ascended, what is it but that he also descended first into the lower parts of the earth? He that descended is the same also that ascended up far above all heavens, that he might fill all things.)

The grave could no longer hold them because they died in faith, knowing the Redeemer would come to save them. The ascended with Christ to heaven a spiritual body of believers. They are the saints that will return with Christ when the last trumpet sounds and the graves are opened in an hour that is coming.

1 Thessalonians 4:13-15 (KJV) But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope. For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him. For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.

Matthew 27:51-53 (KJV) And, behold, the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom; and the earth did quake, and the rocks rent; And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose, And came out of the graves after his resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many.

Hebrews 12:22-23 (KJV)
But ye are come unto mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels, To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect,

I believe we live already in a new heaven and new earth. It's a heaven and earth that does not rely on the temple anymore. It's a heaven and earth where God and man can connect with one another in faith and have relationship if a person so chooses too. It's a good thing for you and many people here to have a relationship with Yahava, and pray and give thanks to him for life every day. You have a good one and thank you for sharing with me what you believe. I do not care about having a psychical body when I leave here from this earth, hopefully you can respect that. I dont care if I get one or do not get one, I hope to be somewhere near Yahava if it is possible.

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know, it seems that way to YOU. Universalism is a false teaching, not supported by the Bible. Only 2% of all of Christianity accept this view.

Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life, but whoever rejects the Son will not see life, for God's wrath remains on them. JOHN 3:36

Enter through the narrow gate; for the gate is wide and the way is broad that leads to destruction, and there are many who enter through it. MATT. 7:13

These shall be punished with everlasting
(age-lasting) destruction from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of His power,
2 Thessalonians 1:9

Then death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. This is the second death, the lake of fire. REV. 20:14

>> Death= destruction the the Lake of Fire

Universalism suggests that anyone of any other religion would be included. It would not matter what you believed. Therefore, the Buddhist, the Muslim, the Hindu, etc. all get to go, even though they rejected Christ. Christ should have just said, "believe in Me ... or not , doesn't matter ... I got your back". Hitler, Stalin, Mao Zedong, Pol Pot ... come on in and sup with Me. Evil could reign in your life, you could step on everyone to achieve success, murder, lie, steal, knowing in the back of your mind, God will forgive me anyways.
A question would be fir the Universalist: Why did God bother to teach us about good and evil and what sin is and the consequences-- if in the end _ the consequences are the same? This truly would be a slap I'm the face of Christ if one had this unruly, lawless arrogance and pride.
And then all the Scriptures that speak of the essence of eternal life, our faith in a Christ are useless. Might as well chuck the Bible, for any religious book or none will get you to the same place.
Universalism has so many negative implications.

Last edited:
Reactions: rwb

rwb

Nov 11, 2022
Branson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe we live already in a new heaven and new earth. It's a heaven and earth that does not rely on the temple anymore. It's a heaven and earth where God and man can connect with one another in faith and have relationship if a person so chooses too. It's a good thing for you and many people here to have a relationship with Yahava, and pray and give thanks to him for life every day. You have a good one and thank you for sharing with me what you believe. I do not care about having a psychical body when I leave here from this earth, hopefully you can respect that. I dont care if I get one or do not get one, I hope to be somewhere near Yahava if it is possible.

I'm quite surprised by your comments! How can we live already in anew heaven and new earth since this first heaven and earth have not passed away?

Revelation 21:1 (KJV) And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.

The body that shall be resurrected in an hour coming when the last trumpet sounds will be changed from mortal to immortal, it will not be the mortal bodies our spirit now resides in that is destined to grow sick, old, and die. Why would you not want to have a resurrected immortal and incorruptible body that shall never know sickness, pain/suffering, growing old/weak, and finally dying??? Since earth was created for mankind, a place for mankind to live, how will you live forever with Christ on the new earth without an immortal & incorruptible body? It seems you have little understanding when you say "I do not care about having a physical body when you leave the earth". You do realize that heaven is not where men made whole/complete again will be forever? Without a resurrected physical immortal & incorruptible body to inhabit the new earth, what body will you dwell in with Christ on the new earth?

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm quite surprised by your comments! How can we live already in anew heaven and new earth since this first heaven and earth have not passed away?

Revelation 21:1 (KJV) And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.

The body that shall be resurrected in an hour coming when the last trumpet sounds will be changed from mortal to immortal, it will not be the mortal bodies our spirit now resides in that is destined to grow sick, old, and die. Why would you not want to have a resurrected immortal and incorruptible body that shall never know sickness, pain/suffering, growing old/weak, and finally dying??? Since earth was created for mankind, a place for mankind to live, how will you live forever with Christ on the new earth without an immortal & incorruptible body? It seems you have little understanding when you say "I do not care about having a physical body when you leave the earth". You do realize that heaven is not where men made whole/complete again will be forever? Without a resurrected physical immortal & incorruptible body to inhabit the new earth, what body will you dwell in with Christ on the new earth?

I do believe we live in a new heaven and new earth that incudes mankind having, access to Yahava, without the material need for a temple anymore. Praise be to Yahava, and the Lord Yeshua for the new administration, and his victory over all things. I choose not to desire to have one... you can not force me to believe that I need to believe you or otherwise I am rejecting the words of God. I am not worried about those things... Hope you can understand that.