• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

[email protected]

Choir Loft
Apr 2, 2009
West Central Florida
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Wrong again OH pseudo scholar.

When Jesus cried "tetelestai" He was declaring the price for sin was paid and redemption secured. Jesus fulfilled the law so there is no law anymore.

But to say one who is a blood bought born again chilfd fo God will never sin again or if they do as you have just said in y0ur muddied way is a false gospel Haman.

sincerely:

Mordechai!
FINALLY.....

A post that sits firmly upon the gospel.

I doubt anyone will understand what you've attempted to communicate. Even worse, I doubt they'll agree with you.

For now, I do. Thanks for posting.

that's me, hollering from the choir loft...

• Love
Reactions: Ronald Nolette

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
I do not understand your reference to 'sinning Christian built upon the gospel'.

that's me, hollering from the choir loft....

There is a type of person who believes that Christianity is this.

"sin, confess, repeat".

There are a few of them on this forum.

So, their idea of Christianity is to be a sinning Christian, and they have their little pack of verses they use to convince themselves, and they are very happy to share them.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
If we obey the commandments, what is our sin?

You've already broken all the commandments in word, deed, or thought.

God has already defined you as "All have sinned".

Your are a part of that '"All".

You are a part of this..

"there is none righteous, no, not one"..

The you are , there is everyone.... .and the cure, the solution, the forgiveness for that situation is the Cross of Christ.

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

You are a part of this..

The you are , there is everyone.... .and the cure, the solution, the forgiveness for that situation is the Cross of Christ.
I know we've all sinned, but Jesus told us to stop (Matthew 4:17).

Reactions: M3n0r4h

M3n0r4h

Jun 3, 2023
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
-

We understand that the Law and the 10 Commandments are good. They are Holy. They are Pure.

But, because they are Holy, they show us that we are not.... as that is the main purpose of the Law and 10 Commandments.

They are a Spiritual Mirror, a HOLY Mirror that reflect God's Righteousness against us, so that we can SEE OURSELVES, as compared to God.

And that reflection, of US, as compared to GOD........ that is the main purpose of the Law and 10 Commandments, and it is a CURSE to us, as it reveals us as dirty, sinful, fallen, and lost.

The Law and 10 Commandments reveal us as..."ALL HAVE SINNED".

So, now that the Law and Commandments have revealed us as unholy, .. how can we become a part of God's family that is Holy and Righteous?

Simple.. We need God's Righteousness, as ours. We need God's purity as ours., as until we have it, God can't have us, and will not take us.

You can't go to heaven as a sinner with sin, so God has to deal with all your sin, and birth you spiritually as a "NEW Creation" "in Christ'.

See that SIN issue? That is what the LAW and COMMANDMENTS have REVEALED about us, and that is the : "CURSE OF THE LAW".

What is the Solution that deals with and removes that "curse of the Law"...forever ?? ?

A.) God came here as a virgin born man, and died on the Cross for the SIN of the World....., and This shed blood and death of Jesus forgives all our sin forever, and removes the curse of the Law from us..... forever.

This is what Jesus was explaining to you, Reader, when He was Dying on the Cross and said to you...

"It is FINISHED".

What is finished?

1.) The Law has no more power over you to define you as a sinner, ever again.., that "curse" is gone.

2.) God gives you His "GIFT of RIGHTEOUSNESS" so that you have now gained as your own, God's very Righteousness. "Made Righteous".

This is to be "made righteous", as = "The Righteousness of GOD..."in Christ".

All the born again are ..."IN Christ". "Made Righteous" "one with God".

See all that ?

"Christ has redeemed us from the CURSE OF THE LAW", and now the Law can't define us as a sinner, ever again, and that is why the NT defines the born again as a "SAINT"

And the born again have been "made Righteous", having received God's GIFT of RIGHTEOUSNESS"

See that Reader?
If you are born again, you have become that....and that is your : Eternal SALVATION.

You cant earn it... You have to , by faith, RECEIVE what Jesus has accomplished for you on the Cross.

Welcome to : Salvation.

Its a "GIFT" from God through The Cross of Christ.

How do you get this "GIFT"?

"all that believe in Jesus, shall be Saved"
"all that call on the name of Jesus, shall be saved"

Jesus said... "ALL that believe in me....i give unto them Eternal LIFE, and they shall never go to Hell.(perish).
in Romans, Paul says that the Law still showed him his sin at that time, long after Christ's death on the Cross.

apparently he felt it was still valid.

1 John 3:4 declares that the Law is still valid when it defines sin as Lawlessness.

how is it we are perfectly righteous if the Bible tells us we don't become incorruptible until Jesus returns, or until we die and are raised again at the resurrection?

being still corruptible now, we are still capable of sin.

being still corruptible now, the Law, which defines sin, is the only thing that can reveal to us our sin and help us to avoid it.

M3n0r4h

Jun 3, 2023
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

You are a part of this..

the Bible does not support the myth that nobody is righteous.

that verse is misused to teach the lie that nobody is capable of obeying the 10 Commandments.

that is not what it means. if anything, it is referring only to a very specific group of people like the Tares.

God expects us to work toward the goal of righteousness and the Bible speaks of righteous men all throughout.

look at the Psalms and look at what it says about Noah, etc.

righteousness is the goal of the most basic Christian. if it is not, there is no sincerity to their profession.

these days everybody wants to just CLAIM to be a Christian, gain some Christian friends/contacts and go about their life as they always had before.

those people are foolish and do not know God.

Last edited:

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
in Romans, Paul says that the Law still showed him his sin at that time, long after Christ's death on the Cross.

That is your strange interpretation.

What Paul Said in Philippians 3, was that he Kept the Law, and it was useless, because Righteousness, is not "law based".

He said that when you try to keep the law to be accounted as righteous, and you are born again, then your Spirit that is regenerated, battles with the CARNAL mind that is trying to keep Law .

When you do that, you are here.

"that which i would do i can't and that which i hate, i do".

So, Paul continued to explain that trying to be righteous based on law or commandments is "dung"..

= Useless.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
the Bible does not support the myth that nobody is righteous.

The NT.

Teaches.

"all have sinned'

"there is none righteous, no not one".

That's you.
And if you say you have not sinned, or have no sin, and are not born again, you are lying to God and to yourself.

M3n0r4h

Jun 3, 2023
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is your strange interpretation.

What Paul Said in Philippians 3, was that he Kept the Law, and it was useless, because Righteousness, is not "law based".

He said that when you try to keep the law to be accounted as righteous, and you are born again, then your Spirit that is regenerated, battles with the CARNAL mind that is trying to keep Law .

When you do that, you are here.

"that which i would do i can't and that which i hate, i do".

So, Paul continued to explain that trying to be righteous based on law or commandments is "dung"..

= Useless.
well, that entire post = useless.

because in Acts 21:24 Paul is referred to by the elders as a regular "Keeper of the Law".

that blows a majority of all that you teach here out of the proverbial water.