No More Death

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Once again your claim that there is "Two" future resurrection 1,000 years apart is "False"

It is not false as Rev 20 shows just that, two separated resurrections. "the rest of the dead lived not until..." That will always be a thorn in the side of Amill. Why anyone believes the opposite of scripture is beyond me.

• Love
Reactions: GRACE ambassador

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is not false as Rev 20 shows just that, two separated resurrections. "the rest of the dead lived not until..." That will always be a thorn in the side of Amill. Why anyone believes the opposite of scripture is beyond me.
Your Claim Is "False"

There are (Two) resurrections on the (Last Day) the righteous are blessed to be in the (First Resurrection) to eternal life, on such the (Second Death) resurrection has no power.

1.) (First Resurrection) To Life
2.) (Second Death) Resurrection To Damnation

Revelation 20:6KJV
Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

The (Last Day) Resurrection Of All Below

Daniel 12:1-2KJV
1 And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people: and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time: and at that time thy people shall be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book.
2 And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt.

John 5:28-29KJV
28 Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,
29 And shall come forth;
they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

John 6:39-40KJV
39 And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing,
but should raise it up again at the last day.
40 And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

1 Corinthians 15:21-24KJV
21 For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead.
22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.
23 But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.
24 Then cometh the end,
when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.

The (Last Day) Judgement

John 12:48KJV
48 He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your Claim Is "False"

Your copy and paste spam is false.

Rev 20 says this happens BEFORE the thousand years.

Rev 20 says this happens AFTER the thousand years.

Obviously there are not two resurrections after the thousand years.

Rev 20:6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

That happens BEFORE the thousand years.

Rev 20:7 And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,
Rev 20:8 And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.
Rev 20:9 And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.
Rev 20:10 And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.
Rev 20:11 And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.
Rev 20:12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.

That happens AFTER the thousand years.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your copy and paste spam is false.

Rev 20 says this happens BEFORE the thousand years.

Rev 20 says this happens AFTER the thousand years.

Obviously there are not two resurrections after the thousand years.

Rev 20:6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

That happens BEFORE the thousand years.

Rev 20:7 And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,
Rev 20:8 And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.
Rev 20:9 And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.
Rev 20:10 And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.
Rev 20:11 And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.
Rev 20:12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.

That happens AFTER the thousand years.

Both the righteous and wicked are resurrected on the same (Last Day) "All" that are in the Graves will come forth "All" not "Some" as you falsely claim of a 1,000 year gap

Once again,
Your Claim Is "False"

There are (Two) resurrections on the (Last Day) the righteous are blessed to be in the (First Resurrection) to eternal life, on such the (Second Death) resurrection has no power.

Revelation 20:6KJV
Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

The (Last Day) Resurrection Of All Below

Daniel 12:1-2KJV
1 And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people: and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time: and at that time thy people shall be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book.
2 And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt.

John 5:28-29KJV
28 Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,
29 And shall come forth;
they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

John 6:39-40KJV
39 And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing,
but should raise it up again at the last day.
40 And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

1 Corinthians 15:21-24KJV
21 For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead.
22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.
23 But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.
24 Then cometh the end,
when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.

The (Last Day) Judgement

John 12:48KJV
48 He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For all who do "have the mind of Christ" within them, We must stop thinking as how men think, and think from the perspective of how God thinks.

Of all places in the universe, this global earth included, where and in what does God, who is Spirit, desire most to dwell in?
Is it ON the Earth, or IN that which is made of earth? Do try to think this through by the mind of Christ.

Though many here won't be able to handle this, I am thinking that the grave as not being "on" and "in" this global earth, but rather God is speaking of our "earthen vessels" [our mortal bodies] in which we all live and die in, whether we are saved now, or remain unsaved upon our mortal death. Gen. 2:7, 2 Cor. 4:7
John 5[25] Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the DEAD shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live.

Rev. 3[20] Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

Because of Col. 2:13, I believe that both verses above are saying the same thing, which is that we all are physically born DEAD to God and are in desperate need of God's forgiveness and the indwelling of His Holy Spirit, the Gift of eternal life. 1 John 5:12-13.

To God, we all are born as GRAVES, being full of dead men's bones. Mat.23:27
Col. 2[13] And you, being  DEAD in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;

Reactions: VictoryinJesus

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:
Though he were dead, yet he shall live:
(makes me think of)
Galatians 2:19 For I through the law am dead to the law, that I might live unto God.

Galatians 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ lives in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

…the life I now live…
Death will have been completely vanquished, upon that day, "when He shall come to be glorified in His saints"

1 Corinthians 6:19-20 What? know you not that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit which is in you, which you have of God, and you are not your own? [20] For you are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.

Last edited:
Reactions: Earburner

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the DEAD shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live.
See “the grave” the same as you. I don’t think your perspective is strange. “They that hear shall live” to me speaks of: they that hear shall be resurrected unto Light and Life. Having passed from death and darkness unto the Light which is Christ. Paul spoke (I think) on no more death when he said what he received of God was given for edification and not for destruction.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you are not risen with Christ now (as Paul implies), it is impossible for you to be a partaker of His divine nature.

Mark 10:26-27 And they were astonished out of measure, saying among themselves, Who then can be saved? [27] And Jesus looking upon them said, With men it is impossible, but not with God: for with God all things are possible.

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mark 10:26-27 And they were astonished out of measure, saying among themselves, Who then can be saved? [27] And Jesus looking upon them said, With men it is impossible, but not with God: for with God all things are possible.
Rom. 8:1-11 is plainly spoken.

[8] So then they that are in the flesh [only] cannot please God.
[9] But ye [who are born again] are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you.
Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.
See also 1 John 5:12-13 and Rev. 3:20.

Reactions: VictoryinJesus

rwb

Nov 11, 2022
Branson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
''It is not true for anyone. The first death is death of the body and all Christians have died.

Only the second death will not be experienced by saved Christians.

It seems you don't believe Christ! Since Christ says whosoever lives and believes in Him shall never die, how does the death of the body of the faithful saints of Christ prove there is no more life in them? Paul indicates that even after his body has died, he will be present with the Lord. How could Paul be present with the Lord, which he says is far better, if physical death for him was cessation of life? Paul writes that while in his mortal body he is not physically present with the Lord. Of course he is spiritually with the Lord in life, because he has partaken of resurrection spiritual life through Christ being born again of the Spirit.

2 Corinthians 5:1 (KJV) For we know that if our earthly house of this tabernacle were dissolved, we have a building of God, an house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens.

2 Corinthians 5:2-8 (KJV)
For in this we groan, earnestly desiring to be clothed upon with our house which is from heaven: If so be that being clothed we shall not be found naked. For we that are in this tabernacle do groan, being burdened: not for that we would be unclothed, but clothed upon, that mortality might be swallowed up of life. Now he that hath wrought us for the selfsame thing is God, who also hath given unto us the earnest of the Spirit. Therefore we are always confident, knowing that, whilst we are at home in the body, we are absent from the Lord: (For we walk by faith, not by sight:) We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord.

This is the place Paul longed to go after his body died so he could be with the Lord in heaven. Not as dead but spiritually alive through the Spirit of God in him.

John 14:2 (KJV) In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.
John 14:3 (KJV) And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

Paul understood and with earnest expectation and hope in all boldness he proclaimed "to life is Christ, and to die is gain." Why would Paul say "to die is gain" if physical death is the cessation of life? Paul desired to depart from this life, which he says is far better than physical life. This proves Paul anticipated that death would not prevent him from being spiritually alive with Christ in heaven after death. Since in life Paul had risen with Christ spiritually, he has indeed overcome death, because death of his body is not death of his spirit, and since in life he was risen in Christ (first resurrection) neither shall the second death harm him.

Philippians 1:20-24 (KJV) According to my earnest expectation and my hope, that in nothing I shall be ashamed, but that with all boldness, as always, so now also Christ shall be magnified in my body, whether it be by life, or by death. For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain. But if I live in the flesh, this is the fruit of my labour: yet what I shall choose I wot not. For I am in a strait betwixt two, having a desire to depart, and to be with Christ; which is far better: Nevertheless to abide in the flesh is more needful for you.

rwb

Nov 11, 2022
Branson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"your mortal flesh dies"

All Christians die, as I said.

Your lack of faith, inability to believe Christ is on display here! Why do you not believe Christ when He tells us "whosoever lives and believes in Me shall NEVER die"?

Reactions: WPM

rwb

Nov 11, 2022
Branson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There will be a resurrection for the "just" and another resurrection for the "unjust". They will be separated by at least 1,000 years. And when all those who are in Hades will be cast into the Lake of Fire, that will be the end of death on earth. And since there will no longer be any need for Hades, Death and Hades will be metaphorically cast into the Lake of Fire. Following that the earth and its atmosphere will be totally and supernaturally burned up. Then God will repopulate the New Earth with saved nations (which will also have New Heavens). Thus there will never again be death on earth.

There is only one physical resurrection in an hour that is coming where ALL that are in the graves shall be resurrected to life or damnation. John proves there is no separation of one thousand years for the resurrection of ALL in the graves. John proves there shall be only one physical resurrection from the graves. There will not be another one thousand years of more time given this earth, because John writes in chapter 6 that all who belong to Him will be raised up on the "last day" of this age of time, which a thousand years represents.

John 5:28-29 (KJV) Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice, And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

rwb

Nov 11, 2022
Branson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your Claim Is "False"

Your claim is false!

There is only ONE bodily resurrection on the last day at the hour coming, when ALL that are in the graves shall be resurrected to either life or damnation. Where do we see two resurrections from the grave with one of them being the first resurrection man MUST partake of before death in this passage below? Man has part in the resurrection life through Christ in life, after death it is too late to have part of resurrection life (the first resurrection) in Christ.

John 5:28-29 (KJV) Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice, And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

rwb

Nov 11, 2022
Branson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No. My claim is true and "the last day" is a long period of time. Show me in Revelation 20 where the righteous dead are resurrected and go to Heaven along with the raptured saints! The righteous dead are resurrected long before Rev 20 at the Resurrection/Rapture (1 Thess 4 and 1 Cor 15) even before the Tribulation. If you are unable to rightly interpret Scripture, do not call the proper interpretation "false".

Every physically dead human (good & evil) will be physically resurrected from the graves in the hour that shall come. Before arguing 'hour' is also a long period of time, the definition shows otherwise: day, hour, instant, season, × short, (even-)tide, (high) time.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Never mind the handful of one generation, who will be physically alive on earth upon His return, but rather how many generations that have died in faith for the past 2023 years.
So, I ask again:
Does the Holy Spirit die with you [the inner man], when your mortal flesh dies,
or does He live on, taking your inner man (you) with Him to be with Christ?
Dear Earburner,
Do you believe this?

JESUS says: Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in Me, though he may die, he shall live.
And whoever lives and believes in Me shall never die. Do you believe this?

Those who are in Christ can never die = JESUS is speaking only of their Reborn spirit/soul

JESUS clearly said we will die = physical death/body = "though he may die"

Do you believe this?

Reactions: Truth7t7

rwb

Nov 11, 2022
Branson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Yes Rev 20 does show two separate resurrections, however it does NOT show two bodily resurrections separated by one thousand years. Amil does not deny two resurrections are shown in Rev 20, quite the opposite.

We believe John is showing whosoever lives and reigns with Christ in time, likened to a thousand years are of the "first resurrection" that MUST precede man's physical death. John also shows what shall become of the "rest of the dead" who NEVER, before physical death, have part in the first resurrection. They are "the dead" who shall be resurrected at the end of time, likened a thousand years, to stand before God at the GWTJ and be cast into the lake of fire that is the second death. In Rev 20 John shows (1) resurrection in time, a thousand years before physical death (2) bodily resurrection after time, a thousand years are finished the dead resurrected to eternal judgment & second death.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your claim is false!

There is only ONE bodily resurrection on the last day at the hour coming, when ALL that are in the graves shall be resurrected to either life or damnation.

My claim is factually true, there are two completely different resurrection on the last day, the first to eternal life, the second to eternal damnation, just as scripture teaches below

The dead in Christ shall rise "FIRST"

1 Thessalonians 4:16KJV
16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

Reactions: David in NJ

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No. My claim is true and "the last day" is a long period of time. Show me in Revelation 20 where the righteous dead are resurrected and go to Heaven along with the raptured saints! The righteous dead are resurrected long before Rev 20 at the Resurrection/Rapture (1 Thess 4 and 1 Cor 15) even before the Tribulation. If you are unable to rightly interpret Scripture, do not call the proper interpretation "false".
There is only One Resurrection of the Just.

Please show from Scripture TWO SEPARATE Resurrections of the JUSTIFIED Saints.

1 Thess 4:13-18 is the First Resurrection of Revelation ch20

Reactions: Truth7t7

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Resurrection of the JUST includes Saints all the way back to Genesis = JESUS said so...........

Matthew 8:10-11
When Jesus heard it, He marveled, and said to those who followed, “Assuredly, I say to you, I have not found such great faith, not even in Israel! And I say to you that many will come from east and west, and sit down with Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob in the kingdom of heaven.

Matthew 22:29-33
Jesus answered and said to them, “You are mistaken, not knowing the Scriptures nor the power of God. For in the resurrection they neither marry nor are given in marriage, but are like angels of God in heaven. But concerning the resurrection of the dead, have you not read what was spoken to you by God, saying, ‘I am the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob’? God is not the God of the dead, but of the living.” And when the multitudes heard this, they were astonished at His teaching.