No one can see the Kingdom of God unless...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Can you see the Kingdom of God in your midst?

• Yes I can

Votes: 7 53.8%
  • No I cant

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • I dont understand the question

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • The kingdom has not fully come in yet

Votes: 2 15.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jenniferdiana3637

Dec 24, 2019
Marksville
www.jenaugustine.simplesite.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You may be thinking of:

Hebrews 2:9 But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man.

In my mind, Jesus laid aside all his glory and became a man. He did it to show God's creation of man could be a success. If we say Jesus was God in his life as Jesus, then "man" didn't succeed. God had to "cheat" a little. People are also apt to excuse themselves by saying, "I can't be like Jesus. He was God and I'm not." That's a horrible statement to me. It implies Jesus had an unfair advantage over us. He didn't -- and he still succeeded. Therefore we are without excuse when we fail and we need to correct things as soon as we see we erred.

Of course, Hebrews gives the other angle too:

1:4 Being made so much better than the angels, as he hath by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they.
So who is like Jesus? Is there a person on earth you can show me who is like Jesus? Since God made his name above all names?

Jenniferdiana3637

Dec 24, 2019
Marksville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, He was begotten of God, but He existed with God before He was begotten of God in flesh. God wrapped in the weakness of human flesh is still God.

It is not to deny that Jesus is the Messiah, the Savior of the world, to say that He is God.

As strange as it sounds, when God wrapped Himself in flesh, He emptied Himself and then had to depend completely on Himself, the Holy Spirit. God is Spirit who wrapped Himself in flesh along with all the dependencies and weaknesses of human flesh. And He did all of this to buy us back from Satan, the God of this world.
You mean he emptied his spirit in Jesus...

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
...not plan, decree, plan, the final point was plan, decree, God. As the plan or decree is God. That's what John is saying. But yes, it is circular, and that's the effect, or art of the poetic form that he's using.
But, understand that each usage does not have to have an entirely different meaning, just a different emphasis or effect than the adjacent use i.e. just not used in the exact same way that it was before...
...but, the meaning is understood, Jesus was not an afterthought, it was designed from the beginning, and all this was God's intent as that is who and what God is, wisdom, love and sovereign.
It can be said in a variety of ways, and is repetitive, but that's for the sake of emphasis. But, appreciate when John said this, in the 1st century, so to us, what I'm stating is obvious and sounds mundane, but at that time, it was extremely revelatory, and profound.
I'm just saying, reading it in a hyper-literal fashion does not do justice to the thought of John or what he's trying to convey. It actually does the opposite, you end up with an absurd and irresolvable conclusion, i.e. god-man, triunity, redundancy in the Godhead, an inefficacious atonement, etc...

Actually, in my case, not Triune really. I see God as Spirit. I don't see God and the Holy Spirit as separate as the creed states. I don't see God as a different Spirit and the Holy Spirit as a different Spirit.

Reactions: Helen

Jenniferdiana3637

Dec 24, 2019
Marksville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually, in my case, not Triune really. I see God as Spirit. I don't see God and the Holy Spirit as separate as the creed states. I don't see God as a different Spirit and the Holy Spirit as a different Spirit.
Of course they are not because it is God's spirit, the one Jesus also was born of and inherited by the father...though the spirit is invisible the spirit dwells between the father and son...and embody within and outside of them...

Reactions: stunnedbygrace

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You mean he emptied his spirit in Jesus...

I guess the way I see it And grasp it is that He emptied Himself and gave up all He'd had with God to become flesh. Then He was completely dependant on the Holy Spirit, just as we are. (Sorry for any mistakes, sitting in waiting room, forgot my glasses!)

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
So who is like Jesus? Is there a person on earth you can show me who is like Jesus? Since God made his name above all names?
the most common name on the planet then, right, so that must needs be read with one eye two imo. Anyway, according to the same Jesus our Jesus cults all apparently worship no end out of complete ignoramce and selfishness, little children are?

Jenniferdiana3637

Dec 24, 2019
Marksville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the most common name on the planet then, right, so that must needs be read with one eye two imo. Anyway, according to the same Jesus our Jesus cults all apparently worship no end out of complete ignoramce and selfishness, little children are?
You people have a problem..yall defend one another cause yall are like one another...you are all just like the pharisees ..claiming to know God but rejecting the one... (Hypocrites}

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I guess the way I see it And grasp it is that He emptied Himself and gave up all He'd had with God to become flesh. Then He was completely dependant on the Holy Spirit, just as we are. (Sorry for any mistakes, sitting in waiting room, forgot my glasses!)
sbg, you dont have to die in religious misunderstanding unless you want to, imo
i wish you the best ok

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
You people have a problem..yall defend one another cause yall are like one another...you are all just like the pharisees ..claiming to know God but rejecting the one... (Hypocrites}
well, my apologies, i dont claim to know God, and didnt mean to offend you either. Who am i defending btw? again? ty, and again sorry ok

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
lol, guess that didnt come out so good? You dont gotta change any for me ok, long as you are happy

Lol. I think it came out fine Bbyrd. You think I have some sort of misunderstanding and you think I don't have to die with the misunderstanding. I understood what you said.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Maybe everlasting to God includes before time and everlasting to you has a beginning...
I can only rely on the words I read and assume the words were chosen correctly.

Did you see the passage that says Jesus must reign "till" he put all enemies under his feet. Then the end. Thus Jesus is also called the beginning and the end elsewhere.

God is eternal. God is incomprehensible to us. He is not limited by time or space.
God could not be contained in time or space.

There is a way He relates to the universe that exists in time and space. The "manifestation" of God exhibited in the universe is a minute fraction of God. Call that the "Logos" or the "Word."

We may say that God is in Heaven; but that is only approximately correct. How could that be totally right? Solomon said:

2 Chronicles 6:18 But will God in very deed dwell with men on the earth? behold, heaven and the heaven of heavens cannot contain thee; how much less this house which I have built!

It is foolish to think that God could be contained in a building or a human body. What we learn after Solomon finished his prayer is that God can "fill" a "temple" with His Glory.

7:1 Now when Solomon had made an end of praying, the fire came down from heaven, and consumed the burnt offering and the sacrifices; and the glory of the Lord filled the house.

God glorified Jesus, too, so much so that nothing else existed in him. God would like to fill all the saints with His Glory too. Indeed someday God will fill the whole universe so all things manifest His Glory. But nothing inside time and space should be equated to God. A man can be filled with God and even called "a god", but a man cannot be God.

Numbers 23:19 God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do it? or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good?

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
so, what i meant to say is that theoretically anyway we are reading a book, a spiritual Book, that seems religious bc science used to be like magic to ppl, and was wholly in the realm of priests and writing which seems mundane now but was once a very serious undertaking, ppl like us would be killed for even attempting it, etc, but anyway i guess these guys, "Paul of Tarsus" etc didnt go by surnames then, but by their school names, Paul being of the school of Tarsus iow, and "Jesus," spelled exactly like Joshua, the most common name in the known world then, "of Nazareth," likely amounts to a dialectic way of saying "John Doe, from Nowhere."

so, you, iow. Strangely, not me, bc then i might get ideas i guess? But for sure "you" ok, and i dont hardly ever say stuff like "for sure" much anymore bc i dont know lesss every day now seems like, but i got Quotes, "I said 'you are elohim'" so best wishes to you ok

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Lol. I think it came out fine Bbyrd. You think I have some sort of misunderstanding and you think I don't have to die with the misunderstanding. I understood what you said.
imo we all have plenty of misunderstandings, hell i cant even feed myself lol
Maybe everlasting to God includes before time and everlasting to you has a beginning...
zing!