No one reigns and rules with Christ today

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There Will Be No 1,000 Year Millennial Kingdom Upon This Earth

“And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.” (Revelation 20:4)

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it.

I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

The obvious problem with claiming to 'reign and rule' with Christ today, is that it negates NT doctrine of losing all our rule and reigning on earth, even our own lives.

If we have any rule and reigning ourselves in this time of grace, then we're not yet crucified with Christ, and are still holding to our own 'part' headship in life.

Let no man beguile you of your reward in a voluntary humility and worshipping of angels, intruding into those things which he hath not seen, vainly puffed up by his fleshly mind,

And not holding the Head, from which all the body by joints and bands having nourishment ministered, and knit together, increaseth with the increase of God.

All this 'reigning and ruling' stuff of saints on earth, especially including heaven, is nothing but a bunch of self-angel worship, and claims of co-ruling with Jesus in our own lives.

Since we ought not be 'reiging and ruling' in our own lives, in some sort of co-Headship, how then can we possibly being doiing so over angels in heaven, and nations on earth?

There is no doctrine of Christ by the apostles, that ever speaks of Christians today 'reiging and ruleing' with Christ on earth, beinging with our own lives.

The only mention of ruling with Christ over the earth, (And never in heaven), is only prophetic at His second coming and resurrection from the dead.

If we suffer, we shall also reign with him: if we deny him, he also will deny us:

And he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations: And he shall rule them with a rod of iron; as the vessels of a potter shall they be broken to shivers: even as I received of my Father.

And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth.

Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

These are all future prophecy of promise to the saints, that are blessed to be first resurrected from the dead in Jesus likeness. Nowhere does any doctrine of Christ speak of any of His saints on earth now 'reigning and ruling', not in our own lives, and certainly over the nations. We don't even have any reign nor rule over our own bodies but Christ the Lord over His own body and temple on earth.

Jesus is the only Head of His body and temple on earth. There are no co-heads in the body of Christ, but only members holding to the Head.

For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ.)

That as sin hath reigned unto death, even so might grace reign through righteousness unto eternal life by Jesus Christ our Lord.

The only reigning in our lives at this time, when being saved by grace, is Christ, His righteousness, and His grace. Christians do not have any rule over anything in our lives, other than allowing Christ to do all the ruling and reigning over us, when we lose our life for His sake, that we might find His life ruling over us.

Now we are slaves and servants to our Master, Lord, and Christ Jesus. Then only after the resurrection unto life, we shall be judges and rulers with Him over the nations of the earth.
Proclaiming the good news is probably more appropriate for netting fish instead of promoting hell for sinners. Either might yield fish, but hellfire probably much less I might think.

Anyways, people have already posted the proper scriptures that contradict your OP so I won't echo what they have already posted. But saying Jesus has no power on this earth is like saying he has no authority and that is just wrong. Jesus knows how to persuade people thru the Holy Spirit. And he does just that with many. At times he may leave them to the devil and so they can see where that takes them, which is into unhappiness. And then perhaps he can give them contrast into happiness with the Holy Spirit.

Jesus is in the Throne with all power and glory for he has overcome evil and sin.

Revelation 5

Worthy Is the Lamb​

8 Now when He had taken the scroll, the four living creatures and the twenty-four elders fell down before the Lamb, each having a harp, and golden bowls full of incense, which are the prayers of the saints. 9 And they sang a new song, saying:

“You are worthy to take the scroll,
And to open its seals;
For You were slain,
And have redeemed us to God by Your blood
Out of every tribe and tongue and people and nation,
10 And have made us kings and priests to our God;
And [c]we shall reign on the earth.”

11 Then I looked, and I heard the voice of many angels around the throne, the living creatures, and the elders; and the number of them was ten thousand times ten thousand, and thousands of thousands, 12 saying with a loud voice:

“Worthy is the Lamb who was slain
To receive power and riches and wisdom,
And strength and honor and glory and blessing!”

13 And every creature which is in heaven and on the earth and under the earth and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, I heard saying:

“Blessing and honor and glory and power
Be to Him who sits on the throne,
And to the Lamb, forever and ever!”

14 Then the four living creatures said, “Amen!” And the twenty-four elders fell down and worshiped Him who lives forever and ever.

Last edited:

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Truth7t7

I’m not interested in cut and paste unbiblical ideas erroneously using scripture citations.
Biblical truth you can't refute

Revelation 20:1-6 is 100% in the Lord's spiritual realm, no kingdom or mortals on this earth are seen "None"

Jesus returns in fire and final judgement (The End) there won't be a millennial kingdom on this earth as many claim

Jesus Is The Lord

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is all fiction. You cannot support your opinions with hard Scripture. It is all in your head.
At least I will do the word I prophecy. You just sit back and let someone else do all the heavy lifting alone.

It's called back seat drivers, and rear echelon warriors.

Like all petty tyrants of history, that want all their enemies destroyed, they send out others to do the dirty work.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But saying Jesus has no power on this earth is like saying he has no authority and that is just wrong.
I don't bother correcting purposed misrepresentation of what I teach. Your inability to be instructed by others, blinds you to what you read from them.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Utter nonsense.
Who has ever kept the law except Christ Jesus???
Plenty of people keep the law outwardly and are not blamed. Your manner of spirit and unjust judgment forbids you acknowledging the obvious.

It is only in Christ, that we can we keep the commandment to love God inwardly with a pure heart.

Jesus commending the Samaritan, as a good example of neighborliness to His own disciples, debunks your prophecy. That's why you avoid it.

11 Because of this God will send upon them a misleading influence, [an activity of error and deception] so they will believe the lie, 12 in order that all may be judged and condemned who did not believe the truth [about their sin, and the need for salvation through Christ], but instead took pleasure in unrighteousness.
True. Open willful law breakers, that love sinning with the devil, who are a scourge to law-abiding citizens.

The delusion is sent to Christian hypocrites, the same way the lying spirit was sent by God to king Ahab for his own destruction.

13 But we should and are [morally] obligated [as debtors] always to give thanks to God for you, believers beloved by the Lord, because God has chosen you from the beginning for salvation through the sanctifying work of the Spirit [that sets you apart for God’s purpose] and by your faith in the truth [of God’s word that leads you to spiritual maturity]. 14 It was to this end that He called you through our gospel [the good news of Jesus’ death, burial, and resurrection], so that you may obtain and share in the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ.
True. Once the warmakers and the goats are done away with, then only the sheep receiving His Spirit of grace will receive Jesus as Lord, God, and King over all nations.

The Spirit of grace being poured out again by the Lord, beginning in Jerusalem as before, is the end of your global genocide prophecy of another christ.

And no one is ruling with Christ on earth today, except they are double hearted Christians still retaining some rule over their own lives.

Otherwise, the unbelievers are ruling entirely over their own lives. But no man on earth today is ruling with Christ the Head and Lord.

This thread shows these 'spirit-rulers' have been silence. I haven't seen any of them still claiming to be a co-ruler with Christ in their own lives, much less over nations.

Last edited:

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Plenty of people keep the law outwardly and are not blamed.

Very true.

“There was in the days of Herod, the king of Judaea, a certain priest named Zacharias, of the course of Abia: and his wife was of the daughters of Aaron, and her name was Elisabeth. And they were both righteous before God, walking in all the commandments and ordinances of the Lord blameless.” (Luke 1:5-6)

WPM

May 10, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
At least I will do the word I prophecy. You just sit back and let someone else do all the heavy lifting alone.

It's called back seat drivers, and rear echelon warriors.

Guilty! Jesus did all the heavy lifting for me, and continues to do so, and will do so till His climactic return. And yes, I am in the back seat. He drives the car, and i refuse to fight over the steering wheel. Legalists do not get this. That is why they built their hope on themselves.

Thanks for the complement!

WPM

May 10, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Very true.

“There was in the days of Herod, the king of Judaea, a certain priest named Zacharias, of the course of Abia: and his wife was of the daughters of Aaron, and her name was Elisabeth. And they were both righteous before God, walking in all the commandments and ordinances of the Lord blameless.” (Luke 1:5-6)

Hello! This is talking about the old covenant arrangement - namely the requirements attached to the Judaic sacrifice system. No man apart from Christ could perfectly keep the moral Law. If you think you can, you are deceived. You are not getting what salvation is.

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is talking about the old covenant arrangement - namely the requirements attached to the Judaic sacrifice system

:IDK:

“And they were both RIGHTEOUS before God, walking in ALL the commandments and ordinances of the Lord blameless.” (Luke 1:6)

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Very true.

It's a common characteristic for those not living blameless, but justifying themselves by their own faith alone, to condemn all others not believing like themselves, even when living within the law.

The Jews did the same. They were holders of the oracles of God, but did not keep the law themselves, and yet despised all others as filth, including those that kept the law naturally.

(For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified.

For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves:

Which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another.

These genocidal prophets first think they are assured of the first resurrection by their faith alone, and then condemn all others to destruction without judgement.

It's the manner of spirit where people take pride in what they believe, and yet can't justify how they live.

Reactions: Michiah-Imla

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Guilty! Jesus did all the heavy lifting for me, and continues to do so, and will do so till His climactic return. And yes, I am in the back seat. He drives the car, and i refuse to fight over the steering wheel. Legalists do not get this. That is why they built their hope on themselves.

Thanks for the complement!
My pleasure. It's good to hear you're not currently reigning with Him like some Co-Head or Co-Ruler.

The back seat you say you will take, is when your prophesied christ begins a world genocide campaign.

WPM

May 10, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My pleasure. It's good to hear you're not currently reigning with Him like some Co-Head or Co-Ruler.

The back seat you say you will take, is when your prophesied christ begins a world genocide campaign.

Why are you full of such hate?

Spiritual Israelite

Apr 13, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As you quote, we are kings and priests serving the Head only, as members of His body.

We don't even rule over our own lives anymore, much less over the nations of the earth.

That is prophecy to come only.

Declaring His praises is not ruling over nations.

You add 'reigning now' to the Scriptures, of being priestly kings and servants only now.

You prove by absence of any quote of Scripture, that any saint, king, and priest of God on earth now, is reigning now.

Any Christian still ruling over anything, is not yet fully crucified with Christ, and taken up our own cross.

No man reigns and rules with a cross, but only a rod of iron.

Jesus came with a cross the first time, and comes with rod of iron the second. We have our own cross to bear, even as He did on earth, before we will ever rule with Him on earth with rod of iron.

Your reigning and ruling saints on earth today, rejects the gospel of the cross today.
Your understanding of what it means to reign is flawed. That's all there is to it. I backed up my belief with scripture. You....just spout a bunch of opinions without any scripture, which isn't going to convince anyone of anything.

Reactions: WPM

Spiritual Israelite

Apr 13, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Do you not believe that Christ will destroy His enemies when He returns? Is this passage in your Bible:

2 Thess 1:6 God is just: He will pay back trouble to those who trouble you 7 and give relief to you who are troubled, and to us as well. This will happen when the Lord Jesus is revealed from heaven in blazing fire with his powerful angels. 8 He will punish those who do not know God and do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus. 9 They will be punished with everlasting destruction and shut out from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of his might 10 on the day he comes to be glorified in his holy people and to be marveled at among all those who have believed. This includes you, because you believed our testimony to you.

Can you show me where Paul taught here or anywhere else that Jesus would be reigning over His enemies on the earth after He returns rather than destroying them when He returns? How will any unbeliever who doesn't know God and obey the gospel survive His return?

What about what Jesus Himself taught?

35 Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away. 36 “But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father. 37 As it was in the days of Noah, so it will be at the coming of the Son of Man. 38 For in the days before the flood, people were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, up to the day Noah entered the ark; 39 and they knew nothing about what would happen until the flood came and took them all away. That is how it will be at the coming of the Son of Man.

He taught here that a day is coming, the timing of which no one knows but the Father, when heaven and earth will pass away and where He will come and destroy all unbelievers just as the flood did in Noah's day. So, who exactly are these people you think He will rule over after He returns?

Spiritual Israelite

Apr 13, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I’m not interested in cut and paste unbiblical ideas erroneously using scripture citations.
His post consisted mostly of scripture passages. You expected him to type them all out? Why don't you tell us how those passages should be interpreted if you think he is interpreting them wrongly?

You could start with the first one:

2 Peter 3:10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up. 11 Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness, 12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?
13 Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why don't you tell us how those passages should be interpreted if you think he is interpreting them wrongly?

You could start with the first one:

But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise

Somewhere between here:

“And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.” (Revelation 21:1)

And here:

“Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.” (Revelation 20:6)

“The secret things belong unto the LORD our God: but those things which are revealed belong unto us and to our children for ever…” (Deuteronomy 29:29)

Spiritual Israelite

Apr 13, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Somewhere between here:

“And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.” (Revelation 21:1)

And here:

“Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.” (Revelation 20:6)

“The secret things belong unto the LORD our God: but those things which are revealed belong unto us and to our children for ever…” (Deuteronomy 29:29)
I don't understand what you're trying to say here. Can you elaborate and be more specific? Are you saying you believe Revelation 21:1 occurs before Revelation 20:6?

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why are you full of such hate?
Famous last words of failed doctrine, prophecy, and arguments.

Unto the pure all things are pure: but unto them that are defiled and unbelieving is nothing pure; but even their mind and conscience is defiled.

The only hate here, is small souls that hate correction.

Correction is grievous unto him that forsaketh the way: and he that hateth reproof shall die.

WPM

May 10, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Yes, I am, and God's people are. You may not be, but that is more about you than anything else. Listen to what Paul teaches in Romans 8:16-17: "The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God: And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together."

Being “joint-heirs with Christ” means that we enjoy the benefits and privileges of what He won for us through His sinless life, His atoning death, and His victorious resurrection. What is more, as "joint-heirs with Christ" we reign because He reigns.

When we put on Christ in salvation we entered into His kingdom and therefore came under His kingship, which resulted in us being placed in heavenly authority with kingly robes. The elect of God today “are ambassadors for Christ” (2 Corinthians 5:20). The reason being, “he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him” (2 Corinthians 5:21).

The Greek word for “heir” is kleronomos meaning ‘getting by apportionment’, it can be interpreted ‘an inheritor or a possessor’. This is what happens upon salvation, we were adopted into the family of God and became one with Christ, whereupon, through Christ, we assumed a heavenly inheritance.

Christians do not lose any of their spiritual power when they die, they continue to reign "in Christ" because they are one with Him. They rule because He rules. It is Premil that always wants to diminish the power and authority of Christ and His Church in life and in death. They present a BIG devil, and a small god, instead of a small devil and a BIG God.

• Love
Reactions: Spiritual Israelite