No other President of the USA has gotten such acclaim by so many

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Abraham NEVER said, she was NOT his wife.

I was saying what I really meant.
I do not believe he lied.
Abraham said Sarah was his sister.
Sarah was his sister.

Gen 2
[12] And yet indeed she is my sister; she is the daughter of my father, but not the daughter of my mother; and she became my wife.

Glory to God,
Taken
I'll give you credit, you are trying hard to make the Bible say what you want it to say. But, ABRAHAM LIED, plain and simply. Start reading Genesis 18, and see who The Lord said Sarah was.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'll give you credit, you are trying hard to make the Bible say what you want it to say. But, ABRAHAM LIED, plain and simply. Start reading Genesis 18, and see who The Lord said Sarah was.

Give the CREDIT TO SCRiPTURE.
Scripture says....
Sarah was Abrahams WIFE.
Sarah was Abrahams SISTER.

YOU CLAIMED...

he flat out lied

WHERE is the Scripture of Abraham...
FLAT OUT LYING...as you claimed?

WHERE did Abraham EVER FLAT OUT SAY...

Sarah was "NOT" his wife?

Glory to God,
Taken

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Give the CREDIT TO SCRiPTURE.
Scripture says....
Sarah was Abrahams WIFE.
Sarah was Abrahams SISTER.

YOU CLAIMED...

WHERE is the Scripture of Abraham...
FLAT OUT LYING...as you claimed?

WHERE did Abraham EVER FLAT OUT SAY...
Sarah was "NOT" his wife?

Glory to God,

Taken

God did not tell Abraham, "I will return in a year, and your SISTER will become pregnant." Abe knew she was his wife when he lied to both of those rulers to keep them from killing him to get her.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In many senses I agree with you. And does not the RCC display all those characteristics you describe here? The CC is both conservative and liberal...depending on circumstances and what favours the Vatican at the time.

No, God blessed you nation for His own purpose. His purpose was to bring those founding fathers to America to establish a place whereby people would be relatively free to express and share the gospel without hindrance from either church or state. BTW, many of those founding fathers had morals of a reprobate, but were used nevertheless. America was founded principally on freemasonry but God for the sake of the gospel in America and elsewhere, all things worked together for good for them that loved God and who were called according to His purpose. Romans 8:28

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In many senses I agree with you. And does not the RCC display all those characteristics you describe here? The CC is both conservative and liberal...depending on circumstances and what favours the Vatican at the time.

The AC is a person, not an organization.

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He told the truth that she was his sister.
No, he lied. God said to him, three times, I believe, that she was his wife.
Just because you went to school with Joe...… and then go into business with him.... you would be deliberately telling a lie if the police, investigating that business, asked you if Joe was your partner, and you tried to claim he was just an old school mate. Both are facts, Joe is an old school mate... but he is now also, and primarily, your business partner.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God did not tell Abraham, "I will return in a year, and your SISTER will become pregnant."
Abe knew she was his wife when he
AND knew she was his sister, when He said she was HIS Sister.

lied to both of those rulers

He did not lie. You simply refuse to accept the WHOLE Truth.

to keep them from killing him to get her.

Why is irrelevant.

The fact is she was his sister long before she was his wife....and marrying her did not change the fact she was his sister...
Which you are calling him a liar Because he stated a True Fact.

Scripture does Not Say Pick and choose Which Scripture TO BELIEVE.
It's All True...

You calling Abraham a liar is False...Scripture itself says Sarah was his Sister.

Why do you not believe Scripture?

Glory to God,
Taken

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I voted for Trump because I knew he would put in a conservative justice in place of Scalia; for the sake of the abortion issue.

I considered him to be kind of proud and did not like the scandals that were coming out on his character, but overlooked those hings for the sake of the children that can be born.

As for the issue of Bible classes, doctrines can be taught objectively in a curriculum that identifies the doctrine and what Bible verses teach it and are against it; and the student can make up his own mind as to what he will believe. Perhaps tests can be done as essay questions that are not graded on the rightness or wrongness of what the student says in his essay, but rather on how well he understands the doctrines that he is writing about.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I feel that in the recent State of the Union Address, Trump showed more humility (i.e. "IN MY OPINION") than at other times. The Lord has been working on his heart. I have certainly been praying that the Lord will give him wisdom.

Last edited:
Reactions: Acolyte

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In Bible classes, students could be required to go to Christian Message Boards and do a report on any thread question that suits their fancy. It should probably be limited to questions that aren't foolish; but other than that it would be a class that has to do with learning and understanding about Bible questions.

Assignments could be to read portions of the Bible (especially the New Testament) over a period of time.

Test Grades could be given based on how well the student backs up their pov with scripture and other means in their essay. Extra points being given for using Old Testament scriptures and statements throughout church history to back up the pov (since OT reading and the other would not be required, but would be extra-credit).

A B would be given in the class if everything is done well w/o extra-credit, an A if everything is done well with extra-credit.

There could also be a section of the class in which the students discuss the doctrines on a message board fashioned to the class.

I think that such a class as this could be tailored to Jr. High School or higher.

Last edited:

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just because you went to school with Joe...… and then go into business with him.... you would be deliberately telling a lie if the police, investigating that business, asked you if Joe was your partner, and you tried to claim he was just an old school mate. Both are facts, Joe is an old school mate... but he is now also, and primarily, your business partner.

Poor analogy. Abraham did not say...
She is just my sister.

Say a man had an Uncle who was also his step-father.

Do you believe the man is lying to call the Uncle....Uncle OR Call step-Dad ...Dad?

Both relationships are Legal AND Religously Lawful Relationships....

Who are YOU to dictate What Abraham Should have Declared?

Neither Sarah being his Sister and Wife had one iota to do with YOU.

You are beginning to sound like BOL....
Declaring Scriptures Not TRUE...

Yipes!

Taken

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

She was both his wife and his sister.

So he told the truth on that and was silent on the other point.

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
She was both his wife and his sister.

So he told the truth on that and was silent on the other point.
The "silence" was deliberately lying to save his own skin by giving his own wife to the kings. And the Bible clearly tells us right there when he lied, that the reason he did it was to keep from getting killed.

Reactions: Acolyte

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The "silence" was deliberately lying to save his own skin by giving his own wife to the kings. And the Bible clearly tells us right there when he lied, that the reason he did it was to keep from getting killed.

Yes the silence was to save both of them. Him from death and her from them.

Being silent on something is not a lie. It is a nonanswer.

Here are some interesting examples of people telling lies in the Bible that were not held against them.
Good Lies?

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes the silence was to save both of them. Him from death and her from them.

Being silent on something is not a lie. It is a nonanswer.

Here are some interesting examples of people telling lies in the Bible that were not held against them.
Good Lies?
What does THAT mean? Abraham gave his wife to be taken to bed and to be installed in those king's harems as wives. She wasn't being saved from anything.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What does THAT mean? Abraham gave his wife to be taken to bed and to be installed in those king's harems as wives. She wasn't being saved from anything.

Polygamy was normal at that time in history.

Abraham had one child by Sarah and one by Sarah's slave, who Sarah sent to him to get pregnant. Another practice of the time.

You are trying to judge things that happened then by today's thinking.

Last edited:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Arguing over such a peripheral issue as whether Abraham lied, to me seems very trivial.

There are bigger fish to fry in the arena of doctrine than this.

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Polygamy was normal at that time in history.

Abraham had one child by Sarah and one by Sarah's slave, who Sarah sent to him to get pregnant. Another practice of the time.

You are trying to judge things that happened then by today's thinking.
How ridiculous! Polygamy is NOT giving your wife away to keep someone from killing you for her.