No Righteousness of Obeying The Ten Commandments

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When you get your sinning tootsies stepped on, a simple ouch will suffice.

The great prophet for future sinning has such strange fire.

Occult? Obtaining the Christ Spirit?

Sounds like stuff from Davy Jone's locker

I somehow think you WELL KNOW what I'm pointing to with that occult thinking of being your 'own' Christ. Your denial of it isn't going to remove your words that show belief in their theories.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As followers of Jesus and partakers of the redemption price he paid for ALL sins, we no longer concern ourselves of the 613 laws given to the Israelite. Nor in my opinion the 10 commandments, for Jesus himself said this
Mark 12:30-31
And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all your heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength; this is the first commandant.
And the second is like ,namely this Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself
THERE IS NONE OTHER COMMANDMENT GREATER THAN THESE
And no adulterer, drunkard, theif, idolator, etc... is keeping them. Nor born of God.

Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

Christians only concern themselves with the law of Christ written for us by His apostles.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I somehow think you WELL KNOW what I'm pointing to with that occult thinking of being your 'own' Christ. Your denial of it isn't going to remove your words that show belief in their theories.

You are false prophet of future sinning, and you are a sinner declaring all men to still be sinning, just because you are.

All have sinned and come short, not all are sinning and coming short.

You prophecy and teach for another christ, not Jesus Christ of Scripture.

When you learn to quote Scripture accurately, then you may try and teach it truly.

Until then, I'll not bother with you:

A man that is an heretick after the first and second admonition reject; Knowing that he that is such is subverted, and sinneth, being condemned of himself.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of course I agree with that. If anyone has received the Holy Spirit but does nothing to love (assist) their neighbor then they are just being selfish. However, "works" are not a requirement if one can't do them.

Actually you don't agree with the Scripture, except in theory only, else you would not be arguing against it, as 'impractical'.

Instead we should rather believe the Scripture with the heart, and seek to understand what it is saying to the spirit first: the letter of the law kills, but the Spirit gives it life and practical application at all times.

Think of people in nursing homes, for example. They are at the end of their lives. What "works" should they be doing?

Whatever good works come to hand, such as blessing the helpers, rather than cursing them.

The error is seeing the law of Christ as carnal only, and not spiritually first, that it may become righteousness bodily: works of faith are done within first, that they may be outwardly also:

Thou blind Pharisee, cleanse first that which is within the cup and platter, that the outside of them may be clean also.

The first works of the believers are to purify and guard our hearts from the lust of unrighteous thoughts and vain imagination.

Remember therefore from whence thou art fallen, and repent, and do the first works; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will remove thy candlestick out of his place, except thou repent.

So long as we can think, intend, and imagine, whether at home or in the field, the devil is tempting us to lust and think unrighteously and uncharitably within the heart: the good fight of enduring such temptation to the end, is the first works of the saints that love God with all the heart and mind and strength.

The works of the body are simply outward proof of the inward works.

O generation of vipers, how can ye, being evil, speak good things? for out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh.

For from within, out of the heart of men, proceed evil thoughts, adulteries, fornications, murders...

Once we read the law and works of faith in Scripture as spiritual first, then we understand how Christ justifies us by our works in the Spirit.

Being pure of heart in the Spirit first, is the only way to walk after the Spirit in the flesh.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In rom 7:14-24 the man mentioned walked in his flesh all the time, he was a slave to it, a slave to sin. There was no victory in those verses, only sin and defeat
He spoke of walking in the flesh at any given time.

It is at the time of finding ourselves double minded, that we are without victory and a slave to sin: neither yesterday nor tomorrow matters.

At any time is all the time, so far as our relationship with God matters, whether good or evil.

The mercy of God is giving us space to repent, before the body dies.

Paul was able to empathize with them of double heart, because he was no doubt at some point in time convicted of such.

The solution to the wretchedness is in Jesus Christ, to purify our hearts of lust for sin: he declares that the law is spiritual, therefore, the keeping of the law must be spiritual first.

The double minded are simply them that find they have recieved lust for sin within their own hearts again, so that they are fighting a losing battle with the flesh.

Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded.

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually you don't agree with the Scripture, except in theory only, else you would not be arguing against it, as 'impractical'.

Instead we should rather believe the Scripture with the heart, and seek to understand what it is saying to the spirit first: the letter of the law kills, but the Spirit gives it life and practical application at all times.

Whatever good works come to hand, such as blessing the helpers, rather than cursing them.

The error is seeing the law of Christ as carnal only, and not spiritually first, that it may become righteousness bodily: works of faith are done within first, that they may be outwardly also:

Thou blind Pharisee, cleanse first that which is within the cup and platter, that the outside of them may be clean also.

The first works of the believers are to purify and guard our hearts from the lust of unrighteous thoughts and vain imagination.

Remember therefore from whence thou art fallen, and repent, and do the first works; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will remove thy candlestick out of his place, except thou repent.

So long as we can think, intend, and imagine, whether at home or in the field, the devil is tempting us to lust and think unrighteously and uncharitably within the heart: the good fight of enduring such temptation to the end, is the first works of the saints that love God with all the heart and mind and strength.

The works of the body are simply outward proof of the inward works.

O generation of vipers, how can ye, being evil, speak good things? for out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh.

For from within, out of the heart of men, proceed evil thoughts, adulteries, fornications, murders...

Once we read the law and works of faith in Scripture as spiritual first, then we understand how Christ justifies us by our works in the Spirit.

Being pure of heart in the Spirit first, is the only way to walk after the Spirit in the flesh.

Actually, I do agree with Scripture. If you think I don't it's due to your misunderstanding.

Once you read the contents of Scripture as spiritual first, then you might understand how Christ justifies us by the Spirit without regards to our "works".

Here is some Scripture for you to read over and over until you understand it (if that is at all possible)...

"For by grace you are saved through faith, and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God; it is not from works, so that no one can boast." Ephesians 2:8-9

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually, I do agree with Scripture. If you think I don't it's due to your misunderstanding.

Once you read the contents of Scripture as spiritual first, then you might understand how Christ justifies us by the Spirit without regards to our "works".

Here is some Scripture for you to read over and over until you understand it (if that is at all possible)...

"For by grace you are saved through faith, and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God; it is not from works, so that no one can boast." Ephesians 2:8-9
You're not understanding what I offer. You can try again if you like.

"Actually you don't agree with the Scripture, except in theory only, else you would not be arguing against it, as 'impractical'."

If we trust the Scriptures as written, then we would not judging them by our own understanding of life.

Salvation is not from works, but with works, and justification is by works:

"Works of faith are done within first, that they may be outwardly righteous also:

The first works of the believers are to purify and guard our hearts from the lust of unrighteous thoughts and vain imagination."

The carnal mind understands works to that are physical only, not the spiritual first works hidden with the heart and mind.

Our first works of faith are what we do by the power of the Spirit: to purify and cleanse our hearts and minds and keep ourselves spiritually pure from thoughts, intents, and imagination for sins:

Having therefore these promises, dearly beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God.

Last edited:

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Please explain how someone showing their love for another is legalism?

Is a Christian free to lie, steal, murder have sex with who they like, get drunk/high, blasphmem etc etc
Is a christian who does none of those things legalistic?
Legalism to these people is not what it used to mean.

Legalism in the past was obeying only the letter, without any Spirit nor charity of heart.

Legalism to these people is imposing any written law on them: they are lawless and a law unto themselves, by perverting dying to the law into the law being dead once for all.

The rotten seed of their lawlessness is the ideology of loving God and neighbors 'with the heart', but not necessarily in the flesh.

It's the process of degeneration.

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

"Actually you don't agree with the Scripture, except in theory only, else you would not be arguing against it, as 'impractical'."

If we trust the Scriptures as written, then we would not judging them by our own understanding of life.

"Works of faith are done within first, that they may be outwardly righteous also:

The first works of the believers are to purify and guard our hearts from the lust of unrighteous thoughts and vain imagination."

The carnal mind understands works to that are physical only, not the spiritual first works hidden with the heart and mind.

Our first works of faith are what we do by the power of the Spirit: to purify and cleanse our hearts and minds and keep ourselves spiritually pure from thoughts, intents, and imagination for sins:

Having therefore these promises, dearly beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God.

Believe what you will; I believe what Scripture clearly says. Justification is never by works. If that was the case, Jesus died for nothing.

Galatians 2:16-17, " yet we know that no one is justified by the works of the law but by the faithfulness of Jesus Christ. And we have come to believe in Christ Jesus, so that we may be justified by the faithfulness of Christ and not by the works of the law, because by the works of the law no one will be justified."

Reactions: L.A.M.B.

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Legalism in the past was obeying only the letter, without any Spirit nor charity of heart.

Legalism to these people is imposing any written law on them: they are lawless and a law unto themselves, by perverting dying to the law into the law being dead once for all.

The rotten seed of their lawlessness is the ideology of loving God and neighbors 'with the heart', but not necessarily in the flesh.

Saying "The rotten seed of their lawlessness is the ideology of loving God and neighbors 'with the heart', but not necessarily in the flesh" is madness!

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

So, according to you, Christ died for nothing.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Justification is never by works. .
Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only.

I choose James, not you.

Saying "The rotten seed of their lawlessness is the ideology of loving God and neighbors 'with the heart', but not necessarily in the flesh" is madness!

Yes, it is. I agree. But, no one ever said delusional hypocrites were sane, much less sensible.

I mean, who sits there and just plainly contradicts what God says on paper?

You'd think they really don't care what's written in Scripture, but only what they like to think is written in their own minds.

So, according to you, Christ died for nothing.

Not entirely. He died for hypocrites too, but with them it is for nought, since they will not be saved from their sins, but only with sinning.

They choose the blood of a bull or a goat, over that of the Lamb of God, since they only want their sins covered while doing them, and not washed away and so not do them.

They want forgiveness for sinning, not deliverance from sinning. "You can take me to heaven, just don't take my sinning away while on earth."

Nor do they want others to be delivered from sinning, which is why they accuse all men of still being sinners.

It really is the classic childish judgement of transferring their manners to all others, in order to justify themselves.

"You're just as much a sinner as me and everyone else I know, so don't you deny it!"

For we dare not make ourselves of the number, or compare ourselves with some that commend themselves: but they measuring themselves by themselves, and comparing themselves among themselves, are not wise.

I.e. since they are committed to still doing it, and say it is impossible not to, then it must be the same for all others:

Unto the pure all things are pure: but unto them that are defiled and unbelieving is nothing pure; but even their mind and conscience is defiled.

Last edited:

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Being justified by the law is doing the law without the Spirit and not by grace.

Those transgressing the law have neither grace nor Spirit of God.

And if the righteous scarcely be saved, where shall the ungodly and the sinner appear?

Not in Christ in this life, nor in glory in the next.

Liberal christians not only hate doing the law of God outwardly, they hate the law of God itself.

Flee forincation and fornicators that say they are saved by grace and do not the law of Jesus Christ.

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Being justified by the law is doing the law without the Spirit and not by grace.

Those transgressing the law have neither grace nor Spirit of God.

And if the righteous scarcely be saved, where shall the ungodly and the sinner appear?

Not in Christ in this life, nor in glory in the next.

Liberal christians not only hate doing the law of God outwardly, they hate the law of God itself.

Flee forincation and fornicators that say they are saved by grace and do not the law of Jesus Christ.

Do you know how ridiculous this sounds?

Particularly "Liberal christians [sic] not only hate doing the law of God outwardly, they hate the law of God itself."

Your obvious intolerance of other Christians shows your true character. If I were you -- and I'm glad I'm not -- I would ask God for forgiveness.

2 Corinthians 3:5-6, "Not that we are adequate in ourselves to consider anything as if it were coming from ourselves, but our adequacy is from God, who made us adequate to be servants of a new covenant not based on the letter but on the Spirit, for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life."

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
There is nothing here (or anywhere in the Bible) that says that Jesus (the Son) gave the ten commandments.

God the ather is a spirit, he cannot be seen, infact the bible says even if it were possible to see God no one who did so could live.
Isaiah sees a vantasic vission of God which Jesus says was a vission of him.
Jesus is also discribed as the one who created, who did everything.

Because of this theologians have a term, theophany, meaning a pre encarnation appearance of Jesus, often assumed when the 'Spirit of the Lord' or 'angel of the lord' is used to mean Jesus.

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

Who are you talking about?

I don't know of any church group that believes salvation is through obedience to the ten commandments.
Sects like JW and mormons demand obedience to there laws, Christians are as you know saved through faith, by the gift of God, not there works.
An individuals attempts at keeping the ten commandments is there responce to being saved and an act of love.

Reactions: Jim B

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who are you talking about?

I don't know of any church group that believes salvation is through obedience to the ten commandments.
Sects like JW and mormons demand obedience to there laws, Christians are as you know saved through faith, by the gift of God, not there works.
An individuals attempts at keeping the ten commandments is there responce to being saved and an act of love.
Note: “Mormons” believe that salvation comes through faith. Following Christ’s laws is done out of love, as He said “If you love me, keep my commandments “.

-Written by an actual “Mormon”.

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God the ather is a spirit, he cannot be seen, infact the bible says even if it were possible to see God no one who did so could live.
Isaiah sees a vantasic vission of God which Jesus says was a vission of him.
Jesus is also discribed as the one who created, who did everything.

Because of this theologians have a term, theophany, meaning a pre encarnation appearance of Jesus, often assumed when the 'Spirit of the Lord' or 'angel of the lord' is used to mean Jesus.

Aside from abysmal English, your reply has nothing to do with my post: there is nothing here (or anywhere in the Bible) that says that Jesus (the Son) gave the ten commandments.

Try using a spell checker!

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are false prophet of future sinning, and you are a sinner declaring all men to still be sinning, just because you are.

All have sinned and come short, not all are sinning and coming short.

Nice try at that attempt to PROJECT your... thoughts onto me, but it won't work. I KNOW better because I KEEP God's Word as written, you do not!

You wrongly think you can be perfect while in this flesh, and even what you said above in red proves that very point!

Rom 3:23
23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;
KJV

Might want to read that above by Apostle Paul again; it means we ALWAYS come short of the glory of God! To think otherwise is the very following of the OCCULT LIARS who are antichrists!