No Salvation Without Works

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is impossible to be saved and obtain eternal salvation at the end of this life without obeying God with the heart and doing His righteousness even as He is righteous.

The false doctrine is thinking to be saved 'first' by faith before and apart from obeying Him.

It is the carnal minded reasoning of them that think believing is inward only, and obeying is outward only. They have not the Spirit to understand that believing and obeying begin in the heart, and neither is ever without the other.

The first and great commandment is to love God with all the heart, which is to purify our hearts with faith, even as He is pure: faith is not in the heart, until the heart is obeying the faith to purify itself of the lust of the world.

1. Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment.

There is no salvation of God before and apart from obeying the first great commandment of God.

2. My little children, let us not love in word, neither in tongue; but in deed and in truth.

There is no salvation of God before and apart from loving God in deed and in truth.

Faith only before and apart from deeds is not in deed and in truth.

3. Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only.

There is no salvation of God before and apart from being justified with God in deed and in truth.

4. For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified.

There is no salvation of God before and apart from doing the word.

5. Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you.

To eat and drink is to do His word and obey Him. Faith only is the Bread of Life uneaten.

There is no salvation of God before and apart from having His life in us.

6. Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

Opening the door is obeying the voice of the Lord. Hearers only hear the knocking, but obeyers open the door.

There is no salvation of God before and apart from supping with Him in an obedient heart.

7. And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?

The Lord is only the Lord of them that obey Him.

No man can call Him Lord, much less be saved by him, until He obeys the Lord.

There is no salvation of God before and apart from obeying the Lord as Lord.

8. Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

Coming to the Lord is obeying the Lord. No man is being saved before and separate from coming unto the Lord, but only when obeying Him as Lord.

Faith only comes to nothing.

There is no salvation of God before and apart from coming unto the Lord.

9. Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.

Taking up the cross and following Him is only by obeying Him.

Faith only takes up nothing.

10. And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.

No man knows the Lord, until he obeys the Lord.

Faith only knows nothing but what is heard only, and nothing of what is done.

There is no salvation of God before and apart from knowing the Lord.

11. Such an high priest became us, who is holy, harmless, undefiled, separate from sinners, and made higher than the heavens.

Unholy, defiled, sinners of lust in the heart are separated from the Lord.

Faith only has repented of nothing and done nothing good.

There is no salvation of God before and apart from being reconciled to the Lord.

12. And these are they which are sown on good ground; such as hear the word, and receive it, and bring forth fruit, some thirtyfold, some sixty, and some an hundred.

The good ground is only that which receives the word to obey it in the heart. No ground is good, until the word is obeyed and produces purity and righteousness of heart.

There is no salvation of God before and apart from producing good fruit of the Lord.

Last edited:
Reactions: dev553344 and Titus

Bruce Atkinson

Sep 25, 2021
Western MA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Seeing that all your scriptural references are from the 4 Gospels, the natural response is that works are first required to 'earn' salvation, then faith. But that applied to Israel only, and only in the old testament. Now take a look at Hebrews 11, especially verse 6:

Heb 11: 6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him. (KJV)

One must ask...which came first, faith? (believing God and His Word), or works? Why would someone start doing 'Godly works' without faith? Faith starts with believing that God exists. WIthout faith, how does one know whether they are doing works 'in the spirit' or 'in the flesh'? Noah believed God, then followed Gods' instruction to build an ark. Abraham believed God when he was told to 'get out of thy country' and packed up everything and went where God told him.

From the time Jesus was baptized and clearly stated by Peter when Jesus asked 'whom do ye say I am?' in Matthew 16, Peters' very specific answer was that He (Jesus) was the Son of the living God. Period. Not a word about the cross. Not a word about Jesus death for our sins. Not a word about His resurrection. Peter believed nothing more, nor nothing less than Jesus WAS the promised Messiah.

Matthew16:15-16 (KJV)
15 He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am?
16 And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.

Up to that point in time, how many 'works' had the 12 done, other than following Jesus?

The only requirement for the 'salvation' of Israel duering Jesus' ministry and until the destruction of the temple in 70 AD and scattering of the Jews was that they believe Jesus IS/WAS the promised Messiah. Period. Had the nation done that, He would have set up the Kingdom on Earth right then and there. But it didn't happen.

It should be noted, too, that with only a few exceptions, Jesus ministered ONLY to the nation of Israel. One of those exceptions was the Canaanite woman in Matthew 15. She exemplified true faith in Him. But he also told her quite succinctly:

Matthew 15:24 But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel. (KJV)

Even in Acts, Peter and the 10 are generally dealing only with Jews, as per Jesus' instructions prior to Acts 1:8 was they go NOT into the way of the Gentiles. Look at the difficulty with his Jewish teachings/laws that Peter had before going to the house of Cornelius in Acts 10.

Even Paul, after his encounter with Jesus while on the road to Damascus, did a 180 from persecuting Jews that believed Jesus was the Messiah to going to the temples declaring that Jesus truly IS the Messiah! It was several years later (3-7, it's not completely clear in Gods' Word) that Peter was directed to go into the desert where by revelation, Jesus Himself revealed multiple mysteries (things not previously disclosed by God) that HE died for the sins of the world, was buried, and rose again on the 3rd day according to scripture (1 Corinthians 15:1-4). It was only to Paul that Jesus revealed that Gentiles that believe that in their heart are 'the body of Christ'.

Romans 10:9-10 (KJV)
9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Romans 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God. (KJV)

There's far more than just the 4 Gospels in the Bible that we Gentiles need to read, consider, and 'hear'. Taking a verse here and there is neither 'reading' nor 'hearing' the Bible. Read each of the 66 books from start to end. I promise you that His Word will change your life!

Last edited:

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello Robert,

Robert from what you are sharing it looks to me like an list of demands, (which it may not be but it is you sharing your perspective and I respect that), to adhere to in order to first be made right with God.

When it is faith in Jesus that comes by hearing the word needs to be fed to others and others may seek and learn and grow in the knowledge of God. (Jesus is the one who allows us to have access to the Father, and citizenship into heaven, he also gives the Holy Spirit.)

(Romans 5:1-5) Therefore justified in faith.

Which considering they now believe the Gospel of Christ, they are given the Holy Spirit of God that will start work on their heart and mind as the individually seek him God in faith, by the spirit, and by praying, by using the Bible.

(just my two cents I could be wrong)

In Christ,
Matthew Gallagher

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Seeing that all your scriptural references are from the 4 Gospels, the natural response is that works are first required to 'earn' salvation, then faith. But that applied to Israel only, and only in the old testament. Now take a look at Hebrews 11, especially verse 6:

Heb 11: 6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him. (KJV)

One must ask...which came first, faith? (believing God and His Word), or works? Why would someone start doing 'Godly works' without faith? Faith starts with believing that God exists. WIthout faith, how does one know whether they are doing works 'in the spirit' or 'in the flesh'? Noah believed God, then followed Gods' instruction to build an ark. Abraham believed God when he was told to 'get out of thy country' and packed up everything and went where God told him.

From the time Jesus was baptized and clearly stated by Peter when Jesus asked 'whom do ye say I am?' in Matthew 16, Peters' very specific answer was that He (Jesus) was the Son of the living God. Period. Not a word about the cross. Not a word about Jesus death for our sins. Not a word about His resurrection. Peter believed nothing more, nor nothing less than Jesus WAS the promised Messiah.

Matthew16:15-16 (KJV)
15 He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am?
16 And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.

Up to that point in time, how many 'works' had the 12 done, other than following Jesus?

The only requirement for the 'salvation' of Israel duering Jesus' ministry and until the destruction of the temple in 70 AD and scattering of the Jews was that they believe Jesus IS/WAS the promised Messiah. Period. Had the nation done that, He would have set up the Kingdom on Earth right then and there. But it didn't happen.

It should be noted, too, that with only a few exceptions, Jesus ministered ONLY to the nation of Israel. One of those exceptions was the Canaanite woman in Matthew 15. She exemplified true faith in Him. But he also told her quite succinctly:

Matthew 15:24 But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel. (KJV)

Even in Acts, Peter and the 10 are generally dealing only with Jews, as per Jesus' instructions prior to Acts 1:8 was they go NOT into the way of the Gentiles. Look at the difficulty with his Jewish teachings/laws that Peter had before going to the house of Cornelius in Acts 10.

Even Paul, after his encounter with Jesus while on the road to Damascus, did a 180 from persecuting Jews that believed Jesus was the Messiah to going to the temples declaring that Jesus truly IS the Messiah! It was several years later (3-7, it's not completely clear in Gods' Word) that Peter was directed to go into the desert where by revelation, Jesus Himself revealed multiple mysteries (things not previously disclosed by God) that HE died for the sins of the world, was buried, and rose again on the 3rd day according to scripture (1 Corinthians 15:1-4). It was only to Paul that Jesus revealed that Gentiles that believe that in their heart are 'the body of Christ'.

Romans 10:9-10 (KJV)
9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Romans 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God. (KJV)

There's far more than just the 4 Gospels in the Bible that we Gentiles need to read, consider, and 'hear'. Taking a verse here and there is neither 'reading' nor 'hearing' the Bible. Read each of the 66 books from start to end. I promise you that His Word will change your life!
Seeing that all your scriptural references are from the 4 Gospels.

Actually 6 from the gospels and 6 from Romans, Hebrews, James, 1 John, Revelation.

Since you start off on such a bad footing, then obviously the rest of your many words, including no less the Greek (impressive), will be nothing but self-justifying faith only, before and apart from obeying the great commandment and loving God with all the heart.

The natural response is that works are first required to 'earn' salvation, then faith.

And so not surprisingly the natural response of the carnal mind certainly is to follow up not seeing what is there, with putting in something that is not there, in order to avoid the simple truth of what is there.

Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded.

Seeing ye have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit unto unfeigned love of the brethren, see that ye love one another with a pure heart fervently.

Flee also youthful lusts: but follow righteousness, faith, charity, peace, with them that call on the Lord out of a pure heart.

So, how's that faith only working for you? You calling upon the Lord from a pure heart with clean hands yet?

Or, are you still a heart of lust with sins of the flesh on your mind and hands?

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello Robert,

Robert from what you are sharing it looks to me like an list of demands, (which it may not be but it is you sharing your perspective and I respect that), to adhere to in order to first be made right with God.

When it is faith in Jesus that comes by hearing the word needs to be fed to others and others may seek and learn and grow in the knowledge of God. (Jesus is the one who allows us to have access to the Father, and citizenship into heaven, he also gives the Holy Spirit.)

(Romans 5:1-5) Therefore justified in faith.

Which considering they now believe the Gospel of Christ, they are given the Holy Spirit of God that will start work on their heart and mind as the individually seek him God in faith, by the spirit, and by praying, by using the Bible.

In Christ,
Matthew Gallagher
Hello Matthew. Because of your sincerity, I will make a sincere response to build up what you already have: to make you strong in overcoming the wicked one.

I write unto you, young men, because ye have overcome the wicked one.

I will therefore challenge you in the faith.

With all the things you said that sound so good, you can judge it for yourself.

In all of the feeding, growing in knowledge, access, citizenship, praying and using the Bible:

Do you have a pure heart? A purified soul from lust of the world?

Seeing ye have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit unto unfeigned love of the brethren, see that ye love one another with a pure heart fervently.

Do you call upon the Lord from a pure heart?

Flee also youthful lusts: but follow righteousness, faith, charity, peace, with them that call on the Lord out of a pure heart.

Do you love God with all your pure heart?

No man loves God at all, who thinks to love God with all his unclean heart.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is impossible to be saved and obtain eternal salvation at the end of this life without obeying God with the heart and doing His righteousness even as He is righteous.

The false doctrine is thinking to be saved 'first' by faith before and apart from obeying Him.

It is the carnal minded reasoning of them that think believing is inward only, and obeying is outward only. They have not the Spirit to understand that believing and obeying begin in the heart, and neither is ever without the other.

The first and great commandment is to love God with all the heart, which is to purify our hearts with faith, even as He is pure: faith is not in the heart, until the heart is obeying the faith to purify itself of the lust of the world.

1. Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment.

There is no salvation of God before and apart from obeying the first great commandment of God.

2. My little children, let us not love in word, neither in tongue; but in deed and in truth.

There is no salvation of God before and apart from loving God in deed and in truth.

Faith only before and apart from deeds is not in deed and in truth.

3. Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only.

There is no salvation of God before and apart from being justified with God in deed and in truth.

4. For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified.

There is no salvation of God before and apart from doing the word.

5. Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you.

To eat and drink is to do His word and obey Him. Faith only is the Bread of Life uneaten.

There is no salvation of God before and apart from having His life in us.

6. Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

Opening the door is obeying the voice of the Lord. Hearers only hear the knocking, but obeyers open the door.

There is no salvation of God before and apart from supping with Him in an obedient heart.

7. And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?

The Lord is only the Lord of them that obey Him.

No man can call Him Lord, much less be saved by him, until He obeys the Lord.

There is no salvation of God before and apart from obeying the Lord as Lord.

8. Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

Coming to the Lord is obeying the Lord. No man is being saved before and separate from coming unto the Lord, but only when obeying Him as Lord.

Faith only comes to nothing.

9. Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.

Taking up the cross and following Him is only by obeying Him.

Faith only takes up nothing.

10. And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.

No man knows the Lord, until he obeys the Lord.

Faith only knows nothing but what is heard only, and nothing of what is done.

There is no salvation of God before and apart from knowing the Lord.

11. Such an high priest became us, who is holy, harmless, undefiled, separate from sinners, and made higher than the heavens.

Unholy, defiled, sinners of lust in the heart are separated from the Lord.

Faith only has repented of nothing and done nothing good.

There is no salvation of God before and apart from being reconciled to the Lord.

12. And these are they which are sown on good ground; such as hear the word, and receive it, and bring forth fruit, some thirtyfold, some sixty, and some an hundred.

The good ground is only that which receives the word to obey it in the heart. No ground is good, until the word is obeyed and produces purity and righteousness of heart.

There is no salvation of God before and apart from producing good fruit of the Lord.

Excellent post Rob, so obvious, yet several will argue with you, which really means they are arguing against the very passages you posted sir, isn't that amazing?

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Excellent post Rob, so obvious, yet several will argue with you, which really means they are arguing against the very passages you posted sir, isn't that amazing?
One thing I can certainly say about you, is that you are no hypocrite at all.

Faith only salvation is the strong delusion sent by God to them that think they are no more judged for their sins, while they in truth are more condemned than them that have not heard.

But I say unto you, That it shall be more tolerable for the land of Sodom in the day of judgment, than for thee.

Hearers only are them that have heard and yet do not: they have yet to obey God with the heart to purify our hearts from the lust of the world.

Hearers only are those who have yet to be born of the word in their hearts, because the seed is taken away from their hearts immediately after hearing only and not obeying.

But that on the good ground are they, which in an honest and good heart, having heard the word, keep it, and bring forth fruit with patience.

Even them that have heard and obeyed will not obtain eternal salvation, except we keep obeying unto the end, much less them trusting in a faith for salvation that never obeys at all.

Reactions: Robert Gwin

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And if a man also strive for masteries, yet is he not crowned, except he strive lawfully.

There is no running the race of eternal life before and apart from running it.

There is no salvation for not running the race lawfully, much less for them that have not even begun to run obediently.

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

What is amazing is that you agree with him. You're both wrong. Have you noticed how few "likes" your posts and his posts get?

I am dead to sin and alive to God in Christ Jesus. (Romans 6:11) That is all that counts.

Last edited:
Reactions: GRACE ambassador

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Romans 11:5-6 (NET v2.1), "So in the same way at the present time there is a remnant chosen by grace. And if it is by grace, it is no longer by works, otherwise grace would no longer be grace."

Reactions: ByGraceThroughFaith

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is amazing is that you agree with him. You're both wrong. Have you noticed how few "likes" your posts and his posts get?

I am dead to sin and alive to God in Christ Jesus. (Romans 6:11) That is all that counts.
For do I now persuade men, or God? or do I seek to please men? for if I yet pleased men, I should not be the servant of Christ.

Have you noticed how few "likes" your posts and his posts get?

No. I haven't even thought to look. But you obviously do.

I am dead to sin and alive to God in Christ Jesus.

So, you have obeyed the commandment and purified your heart as He is pure.

Good.

I just don't understand why the doctrine of purity of heart would offend you.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One thing I can certainly say about you, is that you are no hypocrite at all.

Faith only salvation is the strong delusion sent by God to them that think they are no more judged for their sins, while they in truth are more condemned than them that have not heard.

But I say unto you, That it shall be more tolerable for the land of Sodom in the day of judgment, than for thee.

Hearers only are them that have heard and yet do not: they have yet to obey God with the heart to purify our hearts from the lust of the world.

Hearers only are those who have yet to be born of the word in their hearts, because the seed is taken away from their hearts immediately after hearing only and not obeying.

But that on the good ground are they, which in an honest and good heart, having heard the word, keep it, and bring forth fruit with patience.

Even them that have heard and obeyed will not obtain eternal salvation, except we keep obeying unto the end, much less them trusting in a faith for salvation that never obeys at all.

Yes sir to the end, but technically there will be no end for Christians, as we signed on for an eternity Rob. Thanks for your kind comment as well, I do try to conduct myself honestly in all things, and to practice what I preach, but of course all of us will agree on some things, and disagree on other things, so when we butt heads on something sir, I hope you still think of me the same way. ;)

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Thanks for your concern Jim, it is true we all have the desire to be liked, but at what sacrifice sir? Jesus clearly stated that the world hated him, which is very true, and as his followers he said the same of us. If we are friends of those who reject Bible teachings simply to have friends, or to be liked, we would not really be living up to our dedication as Jesus' disciples. I hope you understand. But remember Jesus' promise, we might even lose family members perhaps our own mother and father would turn on us, but we become a part of a much larger family, with everlasting life as a prospect. Yes sir it hurts not being liked, but I guess Ricky Nelson summed it up best, You can't please everyone, so you got to please yourself.

Obey Jesus sir, and you can never go wrong.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Romans 11:6

And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then it is no more grace: otherwise work is no more work
When hearers-only learn the difference between obeying God by grace through faith, and obeying works of their own righteousness, they will understand the difference between doing the righteousness of God by grace, and doing their own righteousness by their own will.

Being saved by grace through faith is obeying Him by grace through faith.

The problem of course is that people must be willing to convert from being hearers and talkers to doers of the word.

Hearing only requires no sacrifice of the soul, and obeying in the heart is greater than any sacrifice of the lips:

Hath the LORD as great delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices, as in obeying the voice of the LORD? Behold, to obey is better than sacrifice, and to hearken than the fat of rams.

Last edited:

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel

Still preaching the Cross denying gospel of Works, Robert?

Then you stay here..... Galatians 1:8

Listen, the only WORKS that God accepts, so that He will accept you is the finished WORK of Jesus on the Cross.
So, isnt it time you stop pretending you can work your way into heaven?
See, your LEGALISM gospel is offensive to the Cross of Christ, and you keep preaching it publicly....

You should stop while you can.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks for your concern Jim, it is true we all have the desire to be liked, but at what sacrifice sir? Jesus clearly stated that the world hated him, which is very true, and as his followers he said the same of us. If we are friends of those who reject Bible teachings simply to have friends, or to be liked, we would not really be living up to our dedication as Jesus' disciples. I hope you understand. But remember Jesus' promise, we might even lose family members perhaps our own mother and father would turn on us, but we become a part of a much larger family, with everlasting life as a prospect. Yes sir it hurts not being liked, but I guess Ricky Nelson summed it up best, You can't please everyone, so you got to please yourself.

If we are friends of those who reject Bible teachings simply to have friends, or to be liked.

It is something to see 'Christians' show their carnal mindedness so openly. They say things that are so plainly counter to the word of God, that they confirm they do not read the words on the pages as being God's truth to obey, but are only ideals to think about and perhaps approximate from time to time.

When someone actually tries to condemn a teaching of Scripture, because it's not very popular, we are taken aback, because such a concern never occurred to us.

Being popular with sinners is not assurance of salvation at all.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Then you stay here..... Galatians 1:8

Listen, the only WORKS that God accepts, so that He will accept you is the finished WORK of Jesus on the Cross.
So, isnt it time you stop pretending you can work your way into heaven?
See, your LEGALISM gospel is offensive to the Cross of Christ, and you keep preaching it publicly....

You should stop while you can.

If I were preaching working our way to heaven by our own works of righteousness, I would say so, and do so better than hearers-only such as yourself.

Honestly, I do not see your purpose here. It can't be sincere for my sake, since you never address any actual point being made, but only default to your own false conclusions.

Until you do so, you are not taken seriously by me.

What you need to consider is that at every opportunity possible, you condemn and argue against doing righteousness of God at all times with a pure heart.

I would certainly rather risk the legalism of seeking to do right from the heart at all times, than the open hypocrisy of seeking heaven without needing to do right at all.

But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

You can of course judge for yourself, which path obeys the doctrine of Christ:

I have obeyed the Scripture to purify MY heart from lust and cleanse my hands of the sins of the flesh.

And you? Is your heart pure, or do you still have the same lust of the world we all had before hearing the gospel of the cross?

Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Until you do so, you are not taken seriously by me.

You just wrote a Cross denying Thread that tries to "add to" the Blood of Jesus, your filthy self righteous "works".

See the TITLE of your THREAD for an UPDATE..... Mr Legalism

God told you that your works are as a "filthy rag" and here you are comparing them to the Cross of Christ, as if they are EQUAL to Christ's Sacrifice.

Now, as this is true that ive stated about you, why would i want to take you seriously, except for the purpose of making an example ?
Who are you kidding, but yourself, Robert.
Listen, the only reason i pay attention to the self righteous legalist's who infect this Forum with the Devil's gospel, is for the sake of a New Believer who might show up on such a Thread as this one, and be Faith destroyed by someone like you.

Got that?
Is that clear enough, as i certainly dont want to be Obscure.

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

This is a Christian forum so most of the participants are Christians. The "likes" indicate how many of the participants agree with your posts. It is a reasonable indication of the acceptance of your position by other Christians. You're twisting the discussion to "those who hated Jesus will also hate me". That is a straw man argument.