NOAH sounds like a good movie

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is a good story......

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
Apparently they are hoping to get a non-religious audience as well

They have added some content not found in the bible but stayed true to the essence of the Noah story

I haven't gone to a movie in a long time but plan to see this one when it comes to our theater.

Suhar

Mar 28, 2013
Western WA
Do not fool yourselves. The only reason why Hollywood would make that movie is to portray God as evil mass murderer who hates people, those that came out from under his dictatorial rule.

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
Suhar said:
Do not fool yourselves. The only reason why Hollywood would make that movie is to portray God as evil mass murderer who hates people, those that came out from under his dictatorial rule.
HUH ????

I would think it was the other way around .... the movie will show how God got rid of rampant evil in the world back then

Mr.Bride

Jan 31, 2013
The Southern Carolinas
Suhar said:
Suhar, how I look at it is it is for believers. Unbelievers are gonna mock anyway. Hollywood is probably looking at making this movie as a way to make a huge amount of money off a Bible story. A lot of people probably saw The Passion of the Christ as God letting a man endure horrible torture. They can't see. What Hollywood(the devil) means for evil God is gonna turn it around for our good. I see what you're saying though. Yeah, they'll be those mockers say "See how evil God is" but that their part in this story. They're gonna mock God and His people and send their own selves to hell. I don't watch t.v. or dabble in Hollywood but things like this I'll check out but I'm a big critic. Watch as well as pray. I'm guarding my heart. Blessings

Anybody seen Son of God?

Suhar

Mar 28, 2013
Western WA
Arnie Manitoba said:
HUH ????

I would think it was the other way around .... the movie will show how God got rid of rampant evil in the world back then
What you see as "rampant evil" is nothing more then "freedom of expression" to those who made that movie. They made that movie to re-enforce their belief in evil God. It may re-enforce your belief in just God but do not expect to see any converts won by this movie.

Pilgrimer

Jun 20, 2013
Mobile, Alabama
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've heard there was some controversy about the movie and the producers were forced to issue a clarification that the movie was not actually "based on" the account in the Bible but was "inspired by" the Biblical account, which is usually a nice way of saying they put some kind of spin on the story that takes it out of the realm of a Biblically-based narrative and into the realm of an interpretive work. I'll wait until it's been out and hear the reviews before I decide whether or not to support by purchasing a ticket.

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As with any movie based on a Bible story, there has been plenty of controversy.

I was somewhat surprised to see Rick Warren come out against it. He catches a lot of flak, but he tends to be a moderate when it comes to bridging divides. However, he posted this on Facebook a little bit ago:

The Director of new “Noah” movie calls it “The LEAST biblical film ever made. Anything you’re expecting,you’re f—ing wrong.”
Thanks for the warning Mr. Director. You just saved me from wasting my money.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think the idea depicted in the movie that Noah considers murdering his family rather than building the Ark is why many Christians are opposed to the film.

Suhar

Mar 28, 2013
Western WA
aspen said:
I think the idea depicted in the movie that Noah considers murdering his family rather than building the Ark is why many Christians are opposed to the film.
Good for Christians. I am glad you are trying to think and figure them out.

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
I haven't seen the movie yet but hopefully it gets a lot more people to read the real Noah story

I am sure I will find some things to criticize Hollywood for.

There is only one thing worse , and that is when Christians try to make a movie

Two things happen :

1. Hardly anyone goes to see it
2. The ones that see it let out a big yawn and fall asleep

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Noah is not just unbiblical, it deliberately draws not from the Midrash tradition that the director says, but instead draws directly from the Kabbalah. It's a piece of gnostic art.

If you have seen this movie, contemplating this movie, or just if you are Christian in general, then you need to read this review:
http://drbrianmattson.com/journal/2014/3/31/sympathy-for-the-devil

Long story short, Noah is identified with the serpent, he takes on homicidal aspects, and all of this is to mirror the creator god of Kabbalistic tradition.
[EDIT]

In fairness, here is a counter to the aforementioned article.

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/filmchat/2014/04/no-noah-is-not-gnostic-say-that-ten-times-fast.html

It would seem the truth is to be found somewhere in the middle.

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada

I should probably keep my comments to myself until I actually see the movie

...... but it dawned on me that there are a lot of Christians who do not even believe the biblical account of Noah and a worldwide flood

Oh the irony !!!!!! :)

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
good point, Arnie