Non-christian reacts to "The Chosen" - Season 1, Episode 1

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I tried to get the app but it went to purchases, but would not tell me how much it would cost. So I didn’t proceed......I would prefer to know how much I will be charged before agreeing to download the app.

Rita

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I just started watching it on live stream on you tube, they are streaming the whole of season one xx

Reactions: TLHKAJ

Tone

Dec 24, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Last edited:

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not talking about the movie here, but I tried to give you the true meaning about what is exactly the term "the chosen".
Many religious leaders were seen "the chosen" as the most powerful person and also the most strong man that will stand for God. But many of those suburbans leaders that always seek a position, rank, or prestige in society always seek a self esteem in religious only to get promoted as being the most holy among others and always showing their virtues & prayer to be seen in front of people to gain applause, that's why Jesus don't like the kind of people like this as they don't want to know the true of God and their heart is not loving God and using God for their own glory (Luke 18:11-12).
The term "the chosen" is not what you think as becoming noble leader, rather as the person who elected by God to get a salvation and protection from the devil and evil forces of this world. To be truly protected is not easy as many people thought, when history told that many people were dead when delivered on the exodus from egypt. You will encountered a storm on your body & your soul to be able to delivered out from egyptian rulers. So, Abraham was the chosen one and that means he will be protected by God mercy and compassion that he will gave his promise to Abraham and all of his family & offspring to be redeemed from the underworld/Hades/Egyptian gods. Becoming the chosen is not easy as he/she will have to encounter many torturement from the devil as the world were still put the circumcision as their most priority criteria to get into salvation (Galatians 6:11-13; Acts of the apostles 15:1; John 7:22-23) and the hereditary habit of circumcision is not from Moses but from fore fathers of Terah that worship gods of Eupherates/Ifrit/Ba'al (Joshua 24:2-3). Circumcision is the devil test to pass thru fire/cherubim (Leviticus 18:21) and to force people to endure on heavy torturement before accepted in a spiritual group as this customs was used since ishmael (Genesis 17).
This is best discussed in a thread of its own..please stay with the OP content.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Titus 1:15
Unto the pure all things are pure: but unto them that are defiled and unbelieving is nothing pure; but even their mind and conscience is defiled.
KJV Isaiah 5:20-23
20 Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!
21 Woe unto them that are wise in their own eyes, and prudent in their own sight!
22 Woe unto them that are mighty to drink wine, and men of strength to mingle strong drink:
23 Which justify the wicked for reward, and take away the righteousness of the righteous from him!

Satan will work with all his deceptive power to influence the heart and becloud the understanding, to make evil appear good, and good evil. The stronger and purer the faith of God's people, and the firmer their determination to obey Him, the more fiercely will Satan strive to stir up against them the rage of those who, while claiming to be righteous, trample upon the the moral standard and lower it to suit their carnal nature.

Tone

Dec 24, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Last edited:

Tone

Dec 24, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Last edited:

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Titus 1:15
Unto the pure all things are pure: but unto them that are defiled and unbelieving is nothing pure; but even their mind and conscience is defiled.
Grace is not a license to do just anything that pleases your flesh.

Romans 6:12-16 (KJV) ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯ ¹² Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof. ¹³ Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God. ¹⁴ For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace. ¹⁵ What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid. ¹⁶Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?

Please stop derailing, @Tone. This is not about you or your agenda to insert other content that doesn't apply to the OP. If you can't stomach watching a Christian Bible based movie and come here and comment on "The Chosen" movie series then please don't comment at all.....

Last edited:

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You can also watch on your phone, there is app just for The Chosen called "The Chosen"
I tried to get the app but it went to purchases, but would not tell me how much it would cost. So I didn’t proceed......I would prefer to know how much I will be charged before agreeing to download the app.

Rita

Yes. I didn't mention the app bc I never used it. My husband does though. He wouldn't be using it if it wasn't free. (Lol) I just subscribed to their YouTube channel. So I get notifications when they put out new content.

https://youtube.com/c/TheChosenSeries

I'm planning to go into their merch store and buy some shirts or something to help them fund production of more episodes.

Reactions: Rita

Tone

Dec 24, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Last edited:

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'll respond to any post I see fit.

I've reported your post as it is clearly against the spirit this forum promotes.

I'd like you to know that I am grieved by your interaction with me.

If I offended you I am sorry, because this is not my intent.

I won't comment on this thread again, and I also request that you not continue to stir it up. I am near to putting you on ignore, but I believe in giving others the opportunity to make amends..

Again, if you feel like I am making personal attacks against you, I am sorry, but I have no agenda to do so.
My comment on getting drunk (etc) is based on what I've seen and read on another thread you are participating in.

I have asked repeatedly for you to stick with the OP and you persist on attacking me. I have stated the truth. You wouldn't hear me unless I speak plainly. I'll say it again... please leave my thread unless you can stay with the OP.

About responding to any post you see fit, you are a bit out of line going over Admin's head and persisting here, after @Heart2Soul stated that everyone needs to stick with the OP.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nancy

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Yes. I didn't mention the app bc I never used it. My husband does though. He wouldn't be using it if it wasn't free. (Lol) I just subscribed to their YouTube channel. So I get notifications when they put out new content.

I'm planning to go into their merch store and buy some shirts or something to help them fund production of more episodes.
I have brought the study guide for the series, but could not buy it through them as the postage was three times the price of the book !! ( got it on Amazon )
I like some of the slogans they have on the clothing.
I have watched two episodes, quite impressed with it. Also they have used a culturally relevant Jesus, not a tall white guy !! Lol

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have brought the study guide for the series, but could not buy it through them as the postage was three times the price of the book !! ( got it on Amazon )
I like some of the slogans they have on the clothing.
I have watched two episodes, quite impressed with it. Also they have used a culturally relevant Jesus, not a tall white guy !! Lol
Your comment about them not using a tall white guy made me laugh. I agree! :) They have tried to stay with a portrayal of truth.

I haven't purchased the study guide yet. I'm sorry you had to find ways around the postage issues. Glad you were able to get it on Amazon, though! :D

Reactions: Nancy and Rita

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Hmm, I actually didn't know it was on youtube too, before you mentioned it. :p

Azim

Sep 25, 2020
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Happy to see others are watching this series. Its really well made. The quality of the show, in terms of writing and filmmaking, compares easily to the production quality of high budget worldly shows.

One thing I've been enjoying is how you'll hear scripture being used in regular dialogues between characters, which are not recorded in the Gospels. A good way to make as much of the show meaningful.

Starting with the 4th episode of Season 2, they will not be live streaming on youtube anymore. You will have to download their app, which is free. I believe the only cost is if you want to own a hard copy or digitial copy of the episodes. The makers are releasing the show for free, as it is crowd funded. Season 3 is already being funded.

Jostler

Oct 23, 2020
God's green earth
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm pretty sure "The Chosen" in this series is referring to the men (and women)Jesus chose to follow Him as disciples.
It's an amazing serves. I highly recommend it...but be sure to view season 1 before you start viewing season 2. I suspect you will find it worth your time.

Reactions: TLHKAJ and Azim

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In fact, if you do start with episode 1, season 1, I'd put high odds on you deciding to binge the whole season, it's that good. :)
Exactly what happened with me! :D
I'm glad you kept telling me about it till I finally watched it. :)

Reactions: Azim and Jostler