Not by works - but by faith

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How do you walk in purity and holiness?
By being engaged in relationship with our Heavenly Father right now.

By enjoying His presence, and His love, right now. By remembering that He has done all that needed to be done so that we are able to be with Him, alive in Him, righteous and holy - Right Now.

"Positionally Righteous", words I've Never Read in the Bible.

'Positionally righteous', or 'positionally holy' only tells half the truth.

We are adopted, and positionally righteous, but we are also born of God, and therefore holy and righteous by our nature, the new nature.

We are justified, and therefore judicially innocent, but we are also a new creation in which is no sin, and are therefore innocent.

"The life I live, I live by the faith of the Son of God . . ."
"for your life is hid with Christ in God. When Christ, who is our life . . ."

"For me, to live is Christ . . ." Can we rightfully say that?

We live by Him living in us.

"This is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, Whom You have sent".

Our eternal life, now, is knowing God.

How do we walk in purity and holiness? Seek Him. You will find Him. And in finding Him, you will find all else.

In Christ is no sin. Enjoy your relationship with God, and you will simply find that sin is very far away from you.

When we sin is when we forget, and we lose sight of Him.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But holiness, we cannot do or be except if that grace is given to us to walk in the Spirit rather than just be led by the Spirit.
That grace is given to all who believe, and I think it will be unto you according to your faith.

Much love!

Faither

Jul 28, 2019
Usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
By being engaged in relationship with our Heavenly Father right now.

By enjoying His presence, and His love, right now. By remembering that He has done all that needed to be done so that we are able to be with Him, alive in Him, righteous and holy - Right Now.

"Positionally Righteous", words I've Never Read in the Bible.

'Positionally righteous', or 'positionally holy' only tells half the truth.

We are adopted, and positionally righteous, but we are also born of God, and therefore holy and righteous by our nature, the new nature.

We are justified, and therefore judicially innocent, but we are also a new creation in which is no sin, and are therefore innocent.

"The life I live, I live by the faith of the Son of God . . ."
"for your life is hid with Christ in God. When Christ, who is our life . . ."

"For me, to live is Christ . . ." Can we rightfully say that?

We live by Him living in us.

"This is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, Whom You have sent".

Our eternal life, now, is knowing God.

How do we walk in purity and holiness? Seek Him. You will find Him. And in finding Him, you will find all else.

In Christ is no sin. Enjoy your relationship with God, and you will simply find that sin is very far away from you.

When we sin is when we forget, and we lose sight of Him.

Much love!

But if I ask how you fulfilled NT pisteuo that results in recieving the Spirit of Christ, would you be able to answer that?

Faither

Jul 28, 2019
Usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Faither,

How has your 33 years' study of pisteuo affected your behavior towards others? Would you say that you have more or less contempt?

I really don't think much about how people feel about me or how I behave towards them. My complete focus is trying to break through the lifetimes of backwards teaching people are buried under. I know that when we all meet on the other side, people will chastise me for not pushing them harder. I treat everyone the same in the sense of giving them the opportunity to truly connect with the living God, our creator, by Faith.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But if I ask how you fulfilled NT pisteuo that results in recieving the Spirit of Christ, would you be able to answer that?
I'd say ask a more Scriptural question. Fulfilled NT pisteuo? What does that question mean to you?

I believed. I received. I was reborn. What exactly would you like to know?

Much love!

Faither

Jul 28, 2019
Usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'd say ask a more Scriptural question. Fulfilled NT pisteuo? What does that question mean to you?

Much love!

There's no such thing as believing and recieving in anything that will result in recieving the Spirit of Christ.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I really don't think much about how people feel about me or how I behave towards them. My complete focus is trying to break through the lifetimes of backwards teaching people are buried under. I know that when we all meet on the other side, people will chastise me for not pushing them harder. I treat everyone the same in the sense of giving them the opportunity to truly connect with the living God, our creator, by Faith.

Do you really think that people will be talking to you about how you were in this world once we are in the kingdom to come? I don't.

Well, there is the judgment by Jesus. And He will know exactly why I said such and such on that certain day.

You and I are, I believe, engaged in the same task, undoing years of wrong teachings, to show how we are actually called to, and can live holy lives.

But I think that this pursuit must be done in holiness and righteousness, or else it's a work of the flesh. Just my 2 cents.

Much love!

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

Faither

Jul 28, 2019
Usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Much love!

So highlighting a word that used 248 times in the NT is scriptural enough?

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There's no such thing as believing and recieving in anything that will result in recieving the Spirit of Christ.
You'll need to explain that a little for me to understand what you mean. I mean, I already expected that you were planning to refute any answer I gave, I just get that sense, but I was hoping that you would be a bit more forthcoming, and not simply chop me down.

John 1
10 He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.
11 He came unto his own, and his own received him not.
12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I really don't think much about how people feel about me or how I behave towards them.

And those passages such as, "let your moderation be known to all", are these to point to the need to regulate our presentation towards others?

Much love!

Faither

Jul 28, 2019
Usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You'll need to explain that a little for me to understand what you mean. I mean, I already expected that you were planning to refute any answer I gave, I just get that sense, but I was hoping that you would be a bit more forthcoming, and not simply chop me down.

John 1
10 He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.
11 He came unto his own, and his own received him not.
12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

First, let's see if you can accept the mountain of facts one at a time as I share them with you?

1) Pistis is the Greek word where we get our English word Faith, a noun used 245 times.
2) pisteuo is the corresponding verb to the noun Pistis, and is used 248 times in the NT.
3) The English language doesn't have a corresponding verb to the noun Faith like the Greek does for the noun Pistis.
4) the words believe, believer, and believing are corresponding verbs to the noun"Belief" , not the noun Faith.
Do you agree with these first 4 facts?

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The problem is

you could be wrong and need to be pushed harder

when you think you are right, and you must push, but do not allow people to push you

you become a hypocrite.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
First, let's see if you can accept the mountain of facts one at a time as I share them with you?

1) Pistis is the Greek word where we get our English word Faith, a noun used 245 times.
2) pisteuo is the corresponding verb to the noun Pistis, and is used 248 times in the NT.
3) The English language doesn't have a corresponding verb to the noun Faith like the Greek does for the noun Pistis.
4) the words believe, believer, and believing are corresponding verbs to the noun"Belief" , not the noun Faith.

You are parsing being faith and belief. What do you see to be the difference between these two English words?

You write, "believe" is the corresponding verb to belief, not faith. Which particular Greek words are you illustrating here? Pistis and Pisteuo?

If so, what do you understand to be the difference between these Greek words, other than that one is a noun form, and one is the verb?

What exactly do pisteuo and pistis mean to you?

Much love!

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

john 3: 16 whoever believes

Pisteuo, Pistis - πιστεύωb; πίστιςb, εως f: to believe to the extent of complete trust and reliance—‘to believe in, to have confidence in, to have faith in, to trust, faith, trust.’

both words are used to denote that someone has complete trust and reliance, confidence in, have real biblical,faith

faith. Noun, an indwelling trust and confidence one has in someone or something else.

Believe verb, the act of trusting or having faith, in or having confidence/faith in someone or something else.

your point number 4 is wrong, as shown in the Greek.
Are you willing to learn?