Not by works - but by faith

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1) Jesus died once for the sinner. If they fall away they cannot be brought back to repentance again, because to their loss they are crucifying the Son of God all over again and subjecting him to public disgrace.” Heb 6:4

2) I have given Jesus my all, for all time.

Just to add, this is about apostasy and not about whether we stray from the fold.

To note, Jesus Gave His Blood for Forgiveness; and His Bodily Life Once, as an Offering, TO Any and All who elect to Accept His Offering.

The Acceptance IS a man giving his own Bodily Life Once.

That is precisely About a man becoming Spiritually Bodily crucified (dead), Spiritually Soul restored, Spiritually
1) Jesus died once for the sinner. If they fall away they cannot be brought back to repentance again, because to their loss they are crucifying the Son of God all over again and subjecting him to public disgrace.” Heb 6:4

2) I have given Jesus my all, for all time.

Just to add, this is about apostasy and not about whether we stray from the fold.

So your answers are:

Jesus gave His life once.
And you gave your life once.

See, the Highlight? ONCE...OSAS.

Glory to God,
Taken

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Sheffield, Yorkshire, home of Robin Hood.
robinhood-loxley.weebly.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
To note, Jesus Gave His Blood for Forgiveness; and His Bodily Life Once, as an Offering, TO Any and All who elect to Accept His Offering.

The Acceptance IS a man giving his own Bodily Life Once.

That is precisely About a man becoming Spiritually Bodily crucified (dead), Spiritually Soul restored, Spiritually

So your answers are:

Jesus gave His life once.
And you gave your life once.

See, the Highlight? ONCE...OSAS.

Glory to God,
Taken
Yes we are saved Once and Once only, with no guarantee on the "always."

Some people have left these qualities behind and have turned to fruitless discussion. (1 Timothy 1:6)

For some are already turned aside after Satan. (1 Timothy 5:15)

But they that will be rich fall into temptation and a snare, and into many foolish and hurtful lusts, which drown men in destruction and perdition. (1Timothy 6:9)

For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows. (1Timothy 6:10)

O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called: (1Timothy 6:20)

Which some professing have erred concerning the faith. (1Timothy 6:21)

Not forgetting those scriptures already posted of which Heb 6:4 is only one.

Hebrews 6:4It is impossible for those who have once been enlightened, who have tasted the heavenly gift, who have shared in the Holy Spirit, who have tasted the goodness of the word of God and the powers of the coming age, if they fall away, to be brought back to repentance, because to their loss they are crucifying the Son of God all over again and subjecting him to public disgrace.”

Last edited:

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

No?
So the Lord God:
Crucifies the Body, washes it in Jesus' blood, Justifies the persons body to be RAISED in glory and immortal, restores a man's soul, circumcised the man's heart, gives the man a new heart, enters the man, plants His SEED in a man's new heart, biriths the man a spiritual spirit, Sanctifies the man, as set apart, seals the man unto Himself, records the man's name in the Lambs book of Life, SAYS He Will dwell with that man FOR EVER...
And...you think that can all become Undone?

Where is the Having Received those things and THEN losing those things taught?

It is impossible for those who have once been enlightened, who have tasted the heavenly gift, who have shared in the Holy Spirit, who have tasted the goodness of the word of God and the powers of the coming age, if they fall away, to be brought back to repentance, because to their loss they are crucifying the Son of God all over again and subjecting him to public disgrace.”

Enlightenment is simply receiving Knowledge.
Men receiving Enlightenment About God...by His Grace are also receiving measures of faith....
That is not a person making a commitment or receiving Salvation.

You keep ignoring the "VOW of Heartful Commitment"
^^^ Without ^THAT^...anyone can hear, learn, follow, believe one day, doubt the next, that is Not A true Vow of Confession.

That ismerely being introduced, and learning...and Absolutely...they are "Tasting", getting a sample of OF Gods Grace Offered them...
And Absolutely at any time...
Without a Vow of Heartful Confession, THEY Can Fall Away "from Faith"...
^ That man has to rely on his OWN weak natural power, (easily influenced by the World), to keep faithful to God...and it's a Fail!

A person who Has Made a Vow of Confession, can Never Fall from Faith...
Why? Because it is Gods Indwelling Power (the man Received), That Keeps that man Faithful to The Lord God Almighty For Ever.

ONCE Saved established...Always Saved...is For ever, and Applies to A man who Has made a Heartful Confession to the Lord God, and THROUGH His Grace and By His Power...

John 10:
  1. [28] And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.
  2. [29] My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.
Glory to God,
Taken

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Some people have left these qualities behind and have turned to fruitless discussion. (1 Timothy 1:6)

But they that will be rich fall into temptation and a snare, and into many foolish and hurtful lusts, which drown men in destruction and perdition. (1Timothy 6:9)

For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows. (1Timothy 6:10)

O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called: (1Timothy 6:20)

Hebrews 6:4It is impossible for those who have once been enlightened, who have tasted the heavenly gift, who have shared in the Holy Spirit, who have tasted the goodness of the word of God and the powers of the coming age, if they fall away, to be brought back to repentance, because to their loss they are crucifying the Son of God all over again and subjecting him to public disgrace.”
In other words we have conditional life not eternal Life

john said people who claimed to be saved and departed from the church as unbelievers were never if ya period

you can ignore people who are not afraid to call you out but you can not ignore the word

Reactions: mailmandan

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is true for those who run the race to the end.

This is typical of what the cults do, while rejecting the scriptures they find embarrassing. You prove my point about osas being a cult.
I bid you goodbye.

This dude is not sincere her ignored everyone who disagrees with him

time for everyone to call him out or ignore him altogether.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is true for those who run the race to the end.

This is typical of what the cults do, while rejecting the scriptures they find embarrassing. You prove my point about osas being a cult.
I bid you goodbye.

No problem. Scripture said there would be them without understanding.

Glory to God,
Taken

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
www.personal-communication.org.nz
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Some people turn be faithful into salvation by works, yet others, turn it into continuing in faith. Permanently fall away from the Lord, yet saved regardless? I would not equate that with salvation through faith.
It all depends on the foundation of a person's faith. If it is faith in the person's own religious, or even Christian performance, then it is faith in self, and when self fails, as it usually does, then the person falls away because the foundation of their faith fails. So, when you see a professing believer falling away through persecution, problems, and discouragement, or just plain laziness to keep on going, you can safely assume that they are a performance-based religious person and not a grace-based genuine believer.

Faith plus works based is performance-based Christianity, and while the person's faith in based on their own performance as Christians, it blocks the Holy Spirit from making the necessary changes according to God's will for that person. What releases the Holy Spirit's workmanship in a person is faith in Christ alone apart from self-imposed works.

The reason I say "self imposed works" is that the good works that we are to do are those which God has pre-ordained for us and are activated in us by the Holy Spirit. Therefore, surrender to God's will for us, and a dependence on the Holy Spirit to work within us, will produce the good works that God intends for us, which may be quite different from those that we impose on ourselves, or other impose upon us.

The outcome may be the same in either case, but the difference will be that the good works will be done in us by the working of the Holy Spirit as we cooperate with Him in what we do and say. If we self-impose good works, we may achieve some success, but we may be tempted to boast that "I did it by myself", implying that success will come without needing Christ at all. Such people give lip service to a Christ of their own imagination and not the Christ of the Bible.

But when a person maintains total faith in Christ, and the Holy Spirit makes significant changes from the works of the flesh to the fruit of the Spirit in the way the believer conducts him or herself, then the believer will give glory to God, saying, "I couldn't have done this by myself, and I give glory to Christ that through His grace and mercy these changes have occurred within me."

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OSAS being a cult is extreme. I know multiple believers in the OSAS camp who attend various Christian churches, yet there are multiple false religions and cults that strongly oppose OSAS, so should we say that NOSAS is a cult?

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand

Anyone can cobble a few random verses together to make the Bible say what they want it to say.

1 John 1:9 says that if we confess our sin, He will cleanse us from all unrighteousness. This means past, present, and future, otherwise it is not all sin. Also, if it is all sin, then Jesus is just a partial Saviour, not a complete one.
"But because Jesus lives forever, He has a permanent
priesthood. Consequently, he is able to save to the uttermost those who draw near to God through him, since he always lives to make intercession for them"
(Hebrews 7:24-25).

So, if God forgives just past and present sins and not future ones, Jesus cannot save those who draw near to Him to the uttermost. He can saved them only if they never sin again. This means that Jesus is not always living to make intercession for us, but only if we can remain sinlessly perfect.

I would rather believe that Jesus saved me totally from all sin, past, present and future, making me a grace-based believer, and not a performance-based one who is mixing belief with works into order to continue being acceptable to God.

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Anyone can cobble a few random verses together to make the Bible say what they want it to say.

1 John 1:9 says that if we confess our sin, He will cleanse us from all unrighteousness. This means past, present, and future, otherwise it is not all sin. Also, if it is all sin, then Jesus is just a partial Saviour, not a complete one.
"But because Jesus lives forever, He has a permanent
priesthood. Consequently, he is able to save to the uttermost those who draw near to God through him, since he always lives to make intercession for them"
(Hebrews 7:24-25).

So, if God forgives just past and present sins and not future ones, Jesus cannot save those who draw near to Him to the uttermost. He can saved them only if they never sin again. This means that Jesus is not always living to make intercession for us, but only if we can remain sinlessly perfect.

I would rather believe that Jesus saved me totally from all sin, past, present and future, making me a grace-based believer, and not a performance-based one who is mixing belief with works into order to continue being acceptable to God.

default_hmm.gif
I always ask opponents of the OSAS doctrine what happens to the saint that's still alive who sins just before the resurrection. Does that suddenly make him no longer saved? You see, when Jesus said that not one iota of the law passes away until heaven and earth passes away, people don't realize just how profound that statement really is, considering that he already fulfilled the law. As Paul explained, sin was always present in the world from Adam to the establishment of the law on Mount Sinai. However, sin was not imputed until the law came into being. It shines the light on our sin, shows our transgressions. So the far reaching implications of what Jesus was saying is that as long as this world exists, so will the law, because as long as this world exists, so will sin. Therefore, he didn't fulfill the law to make it null and void, otherwise his sacrifice was in vain. He fulfilled the law so that it can be established, or written on our hearts, to quote Jeremiah who Paul quoted quite often. Its no longer just a external code of ethics to be obeyed, but an inner force shaping our character from within.

(Jeremiah 31:31-34) "¶ Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah: {32} Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD: {33} But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people. {34} And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more."

(Romans 3:25-31) "Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God; {26} To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus. {27} Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith. {28} Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law. {29} Is he the God of the Jews only? is he not also of the Gentiles? Yes, of the Gentiles also: {30} Seeing it is one God, which shall justify the circumcision by faith, and uncircumcision through faith. {31} Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law."

In other words, our faith in Jesus establishes the law in our hearts, making us 'justified', once and for all in the eyes of God. This cannot possibly be true since it is claimed by the anti OSAS crowd that my future sins aren't covered. If my future sins aren't covered, then that means the very law Jesus allegedly fulfilled has not been established in my heart, which means he cannot claim to be our high priest.

Faither

Jul 28, 2019
Usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
default_hmm.gif
I always ask opponents of the OSAS doctrine what happens to the saint that's still alive who sins just before the resurrection. Does that suddenly make him no longer saved? You see, when Jesus said that not one iota of the law passes away until heaven and earth passes away, people don't realize just how profound that statement really is, considering that he already fulfilled the law. As Paul explained, sin was always present in the world from Adam to the establishment of the law on Mount Sinai. However, sin was not imputed until the law came into being. It shines the light on our sin, shows our transgressions. So the far reaching implications of what Jesus was saying is that as long as this world exists, so will the law, because as long as this world exists, so will sin. Therefore, he didn't fulfill the law to make it null and void, otherwise his sacrifice was in vain. He fulfilled the law so that it can be established, or written on our hearts, to quote Jeremiah who Paul quoted quite often. Its no longer just a external code of ethics to be obeyed, but an inner force shaping our character from within.

In other words, our faith in Jesus establishes the law in our hearts, making us 'justified', once and for all in the eyes of God. This cannot possibly be true since it is claimed by the anti OSAS crowd that my future sins aren't covered. If my future sins aren't covered, then that means the very law Jesus allegedly fulfilled has not been established in my heart, which means he cannot claim to be our high priest.

How do you see that Faith in Jesus fulfilled?

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
default_hmm.gif

Jesus fulfilled the Law in Himself. He was totally righteous and kept the Law without fault. Because He did what no sinful human could do, He could be the perfect sacrifice for sin. When He died on the cross He died as us, taking our penalty for all the sins we have and will commit. This means that the guilt and power of sin has been totally removed from us. Because He, being totally innocent, died as us sinful people, upon being converted to Him, we become as Him as far as God is concerned. Jesus took our sinfulness from us, and exchanged it for His righteousness. This is a complete righteousness as an unearned gift, and will remain in us until we see Him face to face. The only way one will lose his righteous standing with God will be if he turns right away from Christ and declares himself an atheist. Although this is possible, it is not probable for the vast majority of genuinely converted believers, because the Holy Spirit won't give a person up without a fight.

But we must remember that while we are in our mortal bodies, the presence of sin is still with us, and so we must control our bodies so that our faith will not be hindered. This is not to make us acceptable to God, because we already are. If we do succumb to temptation, and the devil drops a condemnation bomb on us, then we have open access to God's throne of grace to find mercy and grace to help in our time of need. When we succumb to temptation, it is not God who condemns us because there is no condemnation for those in Christ as the Scripture says. What kicks the foundation out from the devil's condemnation attack is that we have gone to God's throne of grace, and Jesus goes to the Father and intercedes for us as our great High Priest. He tells the Father that the person is righteous and one of His that the Father has given Him. In other words, Jesus says to the Father, "This person is My brother!". Then the Father tells the devil to lay off the condemnation, and the devil has to obey, knowing that genuine converted believers are out of range of his condemnation bombs.

Faither

Jul 28, 2019
Usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have answered that in my previous post. What do you think Jesus is doing and saying when He is ever living to intercede for those who are His?

It's not a long answer.
What is your specific understanding of how Faith is applied that results in recieving the Spirit of Christ.

From the beginning, when we are called by the Father.

Faither

Jul 28, 2019
Usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Simple, justification by faith in Jesus establishes the law in our hearts. This is how Paul explains our relationship with the law in a nutshell.

What do we do to be justified?
Explain " by Faith".