Not drinking

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hinestly, lucky charms lol but I usually go straight for the frosted wheaties for the fiber! It makes me feel like I have more energy during the day. I used to skip breakfast but since I'm trying to gain weight, I've been having cereal almost every morning.

Honestly I'm not that much of a breakfast person because there's not a lot that I like to eat for breakfast.

Reactions: DuckieLady

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can't even begin to read a thread like that. I can see how it can be triggering. Best thing to combat them feelings is the GOS-PILL. Hehe. Get it? Garments of praise and worship. How I got out of my tiff...but was a bit melodramatic. I should have had some cereal. :)
You're right! I like that.. GOS-PILL. I need to do that. I'm gonna do it.

Reactions: Mayflower

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We could do another group youversion study. Maybe something on fighting bad habits. I'll go looking. :)
Sounds like a good idea! Would be easier for me to do now since I have a smartphone. It's easier to have mini computer in my pocket in between chores and running around.

Reactions: Mayflower

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Five years sober - no alcohol. I guess I was triggered in a bad untampered usually kept safe place cause I keep wanting a bottle of wine and I've been holding back tears for a while and trying to hide it, but they keep flowing anyway so i turned the lights off so nobody would notice.

I just felt like if I told someone it would help.

I'm not going to do anything. The thought just keeps coming up. I had two bowls of cereal instead. I might have a third. I might have four. I should have the whole box. Throw the whole thing in there. I'm mad at myself for not getting the kind with marshmallows.
I'm 35 years sober. I've past the alcohol cravings, thankfully, but yesterday I sure had the carb cravings! I was licking granola from the tupperware. Grilled cheese was the menu for dinner. More granola piled on my ice cream, and then some squares of dark chocolate.

Sometimes, a good cry can be just the thing!

Much much love!

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It wasn't going too well, and I might have finally figured out why. I had to wait to quit due to hormonal issues so I'm using science and I am quitting on Sunday!

Yay!! Great job just keep on rocking!! :D (Sorry, I was listening to a song from the end of my story Rock God when I was typing this. XD)

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Honestly, lucky charms lol but I usually go straight for the frosted wheaties for the fiber! It makes me feel like I have more energy during the day. I used to skip breakfast but since I'm trying to gain weight, I've been having cereal almost every morning.
For me, it's Fruit Loops or Frosted Flakes.

:)

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm 35 years sober. I've past the alcohol cravings, thankfully, but yesterday I sure had the carb cravings! I was licking granola from the tupperware. Grilled cheese was the menu for dinner. More granola piled on my ice cream, and then some squares of dark chocolate.

Sometimes, a good cry can be just the thing!

Much much love!
35 years! Wow! That's awesome. ALL of that sounds good, too!

Reactions: marks and Mayflower

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lol "the hard stuff" I never get the kind I want, I just get the cheapest according to ounces so it lasts longer.

Cheapskate. :p
I almost didn't click the link because it had a tiger but I did it and I didn't die

You're afraid of a tiger?!... Beside myself. I think you need to eat Wheaties, not Frosted Flakes. Or do they even sell those anymore? Maybe when Bruce Jenner went full on woman they decided enough was enough and pulled the plug.
And April made me promise to not disappear on her again on Twitter so I am on extra exposure mode so that's four wins. Plus my mom told me to knock it off with the disappearing on the internet all of the time so I'm being extra held to it.

Ok... LoL. I avoid all mediums except here, and CF occasionally. But that's me.
Slowly flourishing
Like a tree in bloom
Or something like that

That's pretty. I have this analogy I run through my head. I bought this navel orange tree to plant in the ground many years ago, only I decided to put it in a large pot instead. Well, that didn't work so well. It never took off. But it did manage to stay alive through numerous winters. So I just kept it alive and it kept doing it's thing every year: surviving, but never bearing any fruit. Well, I am now doing work in the back yard this year, and everything I attempted to grow in the past (some with success) I am doing again now. Blueberries, tomatoes, I'm also adding a blackberry and a banana, and soon I am putting that orange tree in the ground finally, and it is going to grow and produce fruit like I intended so long ago.

The orange tree is me. I have spent many years slowly growing, but never really producing anything; just sort of surviving year after year. But those times are changing now. I can see that my life is going to start producing fruit, and "blossoming" as you say.

So whoever wrote or spoke that over you, it is beautiful. It parallels my own life in many ways I think.

Last edited:

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Honestly, lucky charms lol but I usually go straight for the frosted wheaties for the fiber! It makes me feel like I have more energy during the day. I used to skip breakfast but since I'm trying to gain weight, I've been having cereal almost every morning.

So you DO eat Wheaties!

Well good. Problem solved then, LoL.

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Cheapskate. :p

You're afraid of a tiger?!... Beside myself. I think you need to eat Wheaties, not Frosted Flakes. Or do they even sell those anymore? Maybe when Bruce Jenner went full on woman they decided enough was enough and pulled the plug.

Ok... LoL. I avoid all mediums except here, and CF occasionally. But that's me.

That's pretty. I have this analogy I run through me head. I bought this navel orange tree to plant in the ground many years ago, only I decided to put it in a large pot instead. Well, that didn't work so well. It never took off. But it did manage to stay alive through numerous winters. So I just kept it alive and it kept doing it's thing every year: surviving, but never bearing any fruit. Well, I am now doing work in the back yard this year, and everything I attempted to grow in the past (some with success) I am doing again now. Blueberries, tomatoes, I'm also adding a blackberry and a banana, and soon I am putting that orange tree in the ground finally, and it is going to grow and produce fruit like I intended so long ago.

The orange tree is me. I have spent many years slowly growing, but never really producing anything; just sort of surviving year after year. But those times are changing now. I can see that my life is going to start producing fruit, and "blossoming" as you say.

So whoever wrote or spoke that over you, it is beautiful. It parallels my own life in many ways I think.
I have senseless phobias ... Lol

I spoke it over me (MAYBE IDK), through me, definitely, whatever, and didn't really know what it meant but I did know that you would know what it meant (LOL) so waited for you to bring it up.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Best thing to combat them feelings is the GOS-PILL. Hehe. Get it? Garments of praise and worship. How I got out of my tiff...but was a bit melodramatic. I should have had some cereal. :)

Maybe we should all start eating these right here:

4902f9791d1cdc15e06229b4f94770fe.jpg