Not faith alone?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How can you become a disciple by faith alone?
Luke 7:29 - When all the people and the tax collectors heard this, they justified God/acknowledged God's justice, (signified by) having been baptized with the baptism of John. 30 But the Pharisees and the lawyers rejected God's purpose for themselves, (signified by) not having been baptized by John. Baptism did not magically make them become disciples, but their decision to become disciples was signified in baptism.

Becoming a disciple is a heart decision made through faith prior to receiving water baptism. One is saved the moment that one believes the gospel prior to receiving water baptism. (Romans 1:16; Acts 10:43-47) Baptism does not cause you to believe the gospel, but signifies that you do believe the gospel and are saved.

Reactions: BloodBought 1953

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If just believing save us why the world so bad? Where are these believers?
That salvation is by grace through faith and is not by works (Ephesians 2:8,9) is not hard to understand. It's just hard for many people to ACCEPT. It's a shame that human pride will not allow such people to believe the gospel and be saved. (Romans 1:16; 2 Corinthians 4:3,4) Their hands are full of their works and they will not let go in order to receive Christ through faith.

Oct 30, 2020
Marksville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That salvation is by grace through faith and is not by works (Ephesians 2:8,9) is not hard to understand. It's just hard for many people to ACCEPT. It's a shame that human pride will not allow such people to believe the gospel and be saved. (Romans 1:16; 2 Corinthians 4:3,4) Their hands are full of their works and they will not let go in order to receive Christ through faith.
The law isn't a work until you do what's in the law. Faith is believing. What do you believe in? You believe in God so what? The devil believes in God too. You people are liars. Y'all just like to live a sinful lifestyle. Faith is trusting and believing. I believe Jesus will save me thru grace so what? You have to be holy to get in heaven. Holiness is righteousness. Revelation 19 speaks of it

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The law isn't a work until you do what's in the law. Faith is believing. What do you believe in?
Galatians 2:16 - knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law but by faith in Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Christ Jesus, that we might be justified by faith in Christ and not by the works of the law; for by the works of the law no flesh shall be justified.

Oct 30, 2020
Marksville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you became saved..don't mean we keep sinning after

Oct 30, 2020
Marksville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Galatians 2:16 - knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law but by faith in Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Christ Jesus, that we might be justified by faith in Christ and not by the works of the law; for by the works of the law no flesh shall be justified.
Then what is justification to you? Like I said righteousness is obedience. The bible only has ten commandments. How hard is it to keep ten commandments? If you love God you will do everything he says...Why did the laws stop anyway? What happened to the laws because Jesus taught about it too.? He said until one jot or pen. Jesus didn't ambolish the laws he fulfilled it with two commandments. Love God and thy neighbor to make it easier to obey the law cause nobody likes to follow rules but "love." You know the bible says man love creation more then God? (The creator).

Last edited:
Oct 30, 2020
Marksville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Luke 7:29 - When all the people and the tax collectors heard this, they justified God/acknowledged God's justice, (signified by) having been baptized with the baptism of John. 30 But the Pharisees and the lawyers rejected God's purpose for themselves, (signified by) not having been baptized by John. Baptism did not magically make them become disciples, but their decision to become disciples was signified in baptism.

Becoming a disciple is a heart decision made through faith prior to receiving water baptism. One is saved the moment that one believes the gospel prior to receiving water baptism. (Romans 1:16; Acts 10:43-47) Baptism does not cause you to believe the gospel, but signifies that you do believe the gospel and are saved.
So just because someone forsakes disciplineship the law was done away with? Discipleship is hard. Nobody wants to go thru that but some people have to take the narrow road. There's more then one way to be saved thru Jesus Christ. Mmmm It would be hypocritical though if someone took the law away cause it was broken by someone else just to save that person or people.

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That isn't what that verse says.

Rom 5:19, For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

Where is faith mentioned in that verse (as a result of Christ's obedience)?

You are reading into the text what isn't there.

That's called eisegesis.
The just shall live by faith. The obedience of Christ made them just or righteous Rom 5 19

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I will give one biblical perspective and allow you to present the opposite if it exists in holy scripture.

Eze 33:11, Say unto them, As I live, saith the Lord GOD, I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked; but that the wicked turn from his way and live: turn ye, turn ye from your evil ways; for why will ye die, O house of Israel?
Eze 33:12, Therefore, thou son of man, say unto the children of thy people, The righteousness of the righteous shall not deliver him in the day of his transgression: as for the wickedness of the wicked, he shall not fall thereby in the day that he turneth from his wickedness; neither shall the righteous be able to live for his righteousness in the day that he sinneth.
Eze 33:13, When I shall say to the righteous, that he shall surely live; if he trust to his own righteousness, and commit iniquity, all his righteousnesses shall not be remembered; but for his iniquity that he hath committed, he shall die for it.
Eze 33:14, Again, when I say unto the wicked, Thou shalt surely die; if he turn from his sin, and do that which is lawful and right;
Eze 33:15, If the wicked restore the pledge, give again that he had robbed, walk in the statutes of life, without committing iniquity; he shall surely live, he shall not die.
Eze 33:16, None of his sins that he hath committed shall be mentioned unto him: he hath done that which is lawful and right; he shall surely live.
Eze 33:17, Yet the children of thy people say, The way of the Lord is not equal: but as for them, their way is not equal.
Eze 33:18, When the righteous turneth from his righteousness, and committeth iniquity, he shall even die thereby.
Eze 33:19, But if the wicked turn from his wickedness, and do that which is lawful and right, he shall live thereby.
Eze 33:20, Yet ye say, The way of the Lord is not equal. O ye house of Israel, I will judge you every one after his ways.

This scripture passage appears to give a singular answer to your question, @Blood Bought 1953, and I will let the reader interpret this scripture for himself.

Now I know that there may even be an opposite answer that is substantiated by holy scripture; but I will leave it up to you to present that opposing viewpoint; understanding that the following scripture is true:

Pro 27:17, Iron sharpeneth iron; so a man sharpeneth the countenance of his friend.
This is for national Israel under the old covenant. Has nothing to do with righteousness in Christ which is a everlasting righteousness.

Oct 30, 2020
Marksville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is for national Israel under the old covenant. Has nothing to do with righteousness in Christ which is a everlasting righteousness.
So does that mean Isreal was separated from the people under the new covenant? Because if I'm not mistaken Isreal is still under the new covenant. The house of Isreal and the house of judah will be united again in the last days it says. And what's this everlasting righteousness?

Oct 30, 2020
Marksville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The just shall live by faith. The obedience of Christ made them just or righteous Rom 5 19
Faith is believing and trusting. Do you know what faith is? Let me give you an example. Say someone drugged your food and you had nothing to eat all day but that food..you know how you will use your faith in that..you will eat that food cause you are starving and have nothing else to eat. Let me give you another example. Go sleep on the side of a building in the cold and rainy weather. We use our faith during dire circumstances..faith is to believe God will bring you out of it while waiting thru such crisis. If you was captive in a dungeon by snakes and what not with food.. you will use your common sense and faith in that. Remember Jesus said faith can move mountains. If we have faith or a belief inside us and believe with all our hearts it will happen, it will be ok and God is with you then that faith will move...it will work..cause you believe and trust God is with you and will help you..that's what it is to believe and have faith..I probably gave bad examples but I'm sure you get it. Faith is to keep going and not giving up no matter the circumstances you in...

Oct 30, 2020
Marksville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Faith doesn't mean I believe in Jesus so I can keep sinning cause Jesus will forgive me cause I'm saved by grace. Grace is not an excuse to sin anytime you want just because it's grace. That would be careless acts. Are you saying Jesus died for nothing? Did Jesus die in vain?

Oct 30, 2020
Marksville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If Isreal was separated then was it because isreal was under the law? Was Isreal kicked out or something cause Isreal didn't fit in? It seems like all God's prophets are killed off because of the law. Maybe that's why people don't like God's prophets. Was Jesus lawless? I mean if Isreal was removed why was Isreal separated from Jesus righteousness? That would make Jesus lawless but that's weird cause Jesus taught about the law and prophets too.

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So does that mean Isreal was separated from the people under the new covenant? Because if I'm not mistaken Isreal is still under the new covenant. The house of Isreal and the house of judah will be united again in the last days it says. And what's this everlasting righteousness?
It means God dealt with Israel nationally and physically. Had nothing to do with Salvation through Jesus Christ and His everlasting righteousness.

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Faith is believing and trusting. Do you know what faith is? Let me give you an example. Say someone drugged your food and you had nothing to eat all day but that food..you know how you will use your faith in that..you will eat that food cause you are starving and have nothing else to eat. Let me give you another example. Go sleep on the side of a building in the cold and rainy weather. We use our faith during dire circumstances..faith is to believe God will bring you out of it while waiting thru such crisis. If you was captive in a dungeon by snakes and what not with food.. you will use your common sense and faith in that. Remember Jesus said faith can move mountains. If we have faith or a belief inside us and believe with all our hearts it will happen, it will be ok and God is with you then that faith will move...it will work..cause you believe and trust God is with you and will help you..that's what it is to believe and have faith..I probably gave bad examples but I'm sure you get it. Faith is to keep going and not giving up no matter the circumstances you in...
I know what faith is. It's promised the just shall live by faith. Those Christ obeyed for are made just or righteous. They all will be born again and given the gift of faith.

Reactions: Jennifera198337