Not faith alone?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are 6 differences between God laws and Mosaic Law.

If a person fails to differentiate these laws, s/he gets confused with which part of the law applies to him/her.

God laws are the Ten Commandments found in Exodus 20 while Mosaic Law are all other Old Testament laws found in the Torah or Pentateuch books (first five books of the bible).

6 Differences between God laws and Mosaic Law
The 6 differences are; –

1. God laws were audibly spoken by God at Mount Sinai Ex 19:9, 20:1 And the LORD said to Moses, Lo, I come to you in a thick cloud, that the people may hear when I speak with you, and believe you for ever. And God spoke all these words, saying… While Moses laws were not given audibly but given to Moses privately.
  2. God laws were directly written by the figure of God on table stones Ex 31:18: And he gave to Moses, when he had made an end of communing with him upon mount Sinai, two tables of testimony, tables of stone, written with the finger of God, while the Law of Moses was not written by God but by Moses inspired by God Deut 31:9 And Moses wrote this law.
  3. It is God who commanded His laws in Mount. Sinai Deut 4:13-14: And he declared unto you his covenant, which he commanded you to perform, even ten commandments; and he wrote them upon two tables of stone. And the LORD commanded me at that time to teach you statutes and judgments, that you might do them in the land which you go over to possess it. While Moses commanded his laws (the statutes and judgments) to the children of Israel. Notice the two different commanders of the two laws.
  4. The law of God was preserved uniquely inside the ark of covenant Ex 25:16: And you shall put into the ark the testimony which I shall give you, while the Law of Moses was place on the side of the ark Deut 31:24-26: And it came to pass, when Moses had made an end of writing the words of this law in a book, until they were finished, that Moses commanded the Levites, which bear the ark of the covenant of the LORD, saying, take this book of the law, and put it in the side of the ark of the covenant of the LORD your God, that it may be there for a witness against you.
  5. 2Ki 21:8: Neither will I make the feet of Israel move any more out of the land which I gave their fathers; only if they will observe to do according to all that I have commanded them, and according to all the law that my servant Moses commanded them. From this verse we see also that there are two different laws. God uses the words ‘I have commanded them’ meaning the Ten Commandments while ‘The laws that my servant Moses commanded them’ meaning the laws of Moses.
  6. Daniel revealed this difference between these laws. Dan 9:11: Yea, all Israel have transgressed your law, even by departing, that they might not obey you voice; therefore the curse is poured upon us, and the oath that is written in the law of Moses the servant of God, because we have sinned against him. ‘Your law’ referring to God laws; the Ten Commandments while ‘the law of Moses’ referring to the Mosaic Law.
A Christian has to differentiate these two laws because God’s law (the Ten Commandments) applies to all people at all times while the Law of Moses is specifically for the Jewish people.

This are the 6 differences between God laws and Mosaic Law

God bless

Reactions: Jennifera198337
Oct 30, 2020
Marksville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You will be called great in the kingdom if you do and teach the least of the commandments (Matthew 5:17-20). I believe that this refers to those also outside of the ten that were written on the stone tables.
No those 613 laws are only for the isrealites because they are to stay clean and obey the law. Etc. I think. And those 613 laws don't apply anymore unless God has to go back in those 613 laws for people's crucial behavior.

Oct 30, 2020
Marksville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe that it is Saturday; but to each his own.

"Let every man be fully convinced in his own mind." (Romans 14:5).
It's Sunday lol people don't work on Sunday. Think of a surgeon. If someone got shot in the head on Sunday and needed an operation how would he get operated with no surgeon there on Sunday. Hence man better then a sheep. You would have to find a samaritan then or call the surgeon on his cellphone Lol

Last edited:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Mosaic law (the 613) is binding on those who seek to be justified by the law (Galatians 3:10, James 2:10, Matthew 5:48). Be sure to look up the verses; they really do say what I am saying.

Also, again, Matthew 5:17-20.

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Righteousness is obedience. We are disciplined when we fall off the wagon knowingly being in Christ now. Jesus covers us in his righteousness after we are accepted and become believers. He protects us now. That's why we need the armour of God and stuff. There is no condemnation for those in Christ remember. When we become saved we are under the Lord's protection thereafter. He don't forgive us unless we repent. You can't be forgiven of something unless you repent first. He more like discipline us when we fail to put and keep us on the right path again. We are covered in his blood being in his body hence body of Christ. He said he would not forsake or cast out anyone especially his own. He said the father gave him everything. No one can snatch us out of his hand period.
In Rom 5:19 how are the many made righteous ? How many obedience's does it say ?

Oct 30, 2020
Marksville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In Rom 5:19 how are the many made righteous ? How many obedience's does it say ?
Adam and Eve failed in the garden and cursed the ground hence fallen mankind. Jesus died on the cross hence by obeying father. we are made right thru Christ righteousness. He protects us after we are saved because we are his sheep now. We are God's, remember Abba Father. God protects his children. We are made right because Jesus makes us right. But it doesn't end after the cross it just begans. Jesus puts us thru disciplineship and purification..hence the baptism of water and fire.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Through the obedience of Christ...

1) in that His obedience unto death procured His blood, by which we are sanctified (Hebrews 13:12, Hebrews 10:29) and cleansed from all sin (1 John 1:7); and,

2) in that He has come to live in us and through us (Ephesians 3:17, Colossians 1:27, Galatians 2:20) so that His obedience makes us righteous (in the practical sense) in that He is living an obedient life in us and through us.

Last edited:
Oct 30, 2020
Marksville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Through the obedience of Christ...

1) in that His obedience unto death procured His blood, by which we are sanctified (Hebrews 13:12, Hebrews 10:29) and cleansed from all sin (1 John 1:7); and,

2) in that He has come to live in us and through us (Ephesians 3:17, Colossians 1:27, Galatians 2:20) so that His obedience makes us righteous (in the practical sense) in that He is living an obedient life in us and through us.
Besides anyone who is born of God don't sin because his seed remain in them. If we are now in Christ and Christ is sinless how could we sin after being born again unless it's willful sin believers are capable of becoming overcomers in Christ for now being born in Christ and God's spirit. Just by faith you are on point.

Reactions: justbyfaith

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then what is justification to you?
To be justified is to be declared legally righteous.

Like I said righteousness is obedience.
Faith is believing, trusting, relying in Jesus Christ for salvation and obedience which “follows“ is works/works of righteousness.

The bible only has ten commandments. How hard is it to keep ten commandments?
It depends on what you mean by “keep” the commandments. The Greek word for “keep” is “tereo” which means guard, observe, watch over. If you mean sinless, perfect obedience to the 10 commandments under the law 100% of the time, then only Jesus Christ has accomplished that.

If you love God you will do everything he says...Why did the laws stop anyway? What happened to the laws because Jesus taught about it too.? He said until one jot or pen. Jesus didn't ambolish the laws he fulfilled it with two commandments. Love God and thy neighbor to make it easier to obey the law cause nobody likes to follow rules but "love." You know the bible says man love creation more then God? (The creator).
Are you under the law or under grace? Do you do absolutely everything that Jesus says 100% of the time? Do you claim to be sinless,without fault or defect, flawless, 100% of the time?

Last edited:
Reactions: BloodBought 1953

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So just because someone forsakes disciplineship the law was done away with? Discipleship is hard. Nobody wants to go thru that but some people have to take the narrow road. There's more then one way to be saved thru Jesus Christ. Mmmm It would be hypocritical though if someone took the law away cause it was broken by someone else just to save that person or people.
You people are liars? Say what? o_O The narrow way is through faith in Jesus Christ. (John 10:9; 14:6; Galatians 2:16; Ephesians 2:8,9; Philippians 3:9 etc..). Why do you keep bringing up the law? Are you seeking to be justified by the law?

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To be justified is to be declared legally righteous.

Right...and it is impossible for the Lord to lie (Titus 1:2, Hebrews 6:18). Therefore God calls those things which be not as though they are, thus creating a new reality (Romans 4:17) that you are truly righteous (see 1 John 3:7).

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you mean sinless, perfect obedience to the 10 commandments under the law 100% of the time, then only Jesus Christ has accomplished that.

We can accomplish that from the point of our conversion, with the help of the Holy Spirit.

Are you under the law or under grace? Do you do absolutely everything that Jesus says 100% of the time? Do you claim to be sinless,without fault or defect, flawless, 100% of the time?

Grace is the enabling power of God.

And I know that I have sinned before being converted the third time.

And I do not "claim" to be 100% sinless, without fault or defect, flawless, 100% of the time. That would be foolish.

But that such a thing is possible is evident in such verses as Jude 1:24, 2 Peter 1:10, and 1 John 2:10.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because I hate sin. And crimes.

And I hate when people boast about their sinful lifestyle and don't think about God.

Amen sister.

It seems to me that some people take the grace of our Lord way out of context...they really do turn it into a license for sinning...which is the transgression of the law.

We need to be balanced and realize that the love shed abroad in our hearts motivates us towards real holiness and behaviour/fruit that no law will ever condemn (Galatians 5:22-23, Romans 3:21).

Reactions: Jennifera198337

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Gentiles are under the law of Moses, as I have explained to you (Not faith alone?). And I am not (Romans 6:14).
Did you even read Rom 6:14
Romans 6:14 (NKJV)
14 For sin shall not have dominion over you, for you are not under law but under grace.

If you are under the Law of Moses you MUST obey all of the Law. And you CAN'T!
Galatians 5:1-4 (NKJV)
1 Stand fast therefore in the liberty by which Christ has made us free, and do not be entangled again with a yoke of bondage. 2 Indeed I, Paul, say to you that if you become circumcised, Christ will profit you nothing. 3 And I testify again to every man who becomes circumcised that he is a debtor to keep the whole law. 4 You have become estranged from Christ, you who attempt to be justified by law; you have fallen from grace.