Nothing much left to say

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
No he isn't.

He stated the "truth" or rather the biblical message. God/Jesus supposedly knows everything and everyone, their every deed and thought. So he already has total intimacy with everyone whether they like it or not. According to the Bible and the dogma, everything is known to God at all times. So he's watching/knowing every time you have sex, every time you go to the toilet, every time people pleasure themselves, every time you have a bath etc. You can't get more intimate than that really.

And therein lies a key problem with the entire Christian dogma. You can't have a true relationship with someone who is already forcibly in every aspect of your life whether you want it or not. That's like having to submit to an uber stalker.

Equally as has been highlighted numerous times, you can't have any kind of true relationship with someone who forces it psychologically through threat of violence or death in varying measures. i.e. worship me or face a fiery lake and eternal damnation. The fundies who really think this is the case are imo some of the most misguided individuals on the planet and often some of the most gutless.

We should all of us be free. We are not free while ever our lives and futures are being controlled by other people/entities.

God needs to set people free, properly free, to live as they please, or else stop pretending that he isn't an Authoritarian dictator.
So you set your dog free like you want for yourself?

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
No he isn't.

He stated the "truth" or rather the biblical message. God/Jesus supposedly knows everything and everyone, their every deed and thought. So he already has total intimacy with everyone whether they like it or not. According to the Bible and the dogma, everything is known to God at all times. So he's watching/knowing every time you have sex, every time you go to the toilet, every time people pleasure themselves, every time you have a bath etc. You can't get more intimate than that really.

And therein lies a key problem with the entire Christian dogma. You can't have a true relationship with someone who is already forcibly in every aspect of your life whether you want it or not. That's like having to submit to an uber stalker.

Equally as has been highlighted numerous times, you can't have any kind of true relationship with someone who forces it psychologically through threat of violence or death in varying measures. i.e. worship me or face a fiery lake and eternal damnation. The fundies who really think this is the case are imo some of the most misguided individuals on the planet and often some of the most gutless.

We should all of us be free. We are not free while ever our lives and futures are being controlled by other people/entities.

God needs to set people free, properly free, to live as they please, or else stop pretending that he isn't an Authoritarian dictator.
I will exclude you from the generalization I made in the post previous to the one above. You seem to be the exception, recognizing how the world is progressing without God's laws, but not wanting a solution, or thinking it doesn't need one. In fact, you would rather double down and want those who do surrender themselves to His laws and do obey them to the best of their power, should take a hike and let the rest of the world get on with life. Without Christians in the world I will give the world 15 minutes to survive.
90% of the world doesn't give a toss for God or His laws, and anyone can look around and see the results. Disease, violence, selfishness, tyranny, corruption, murder, theft, rape, and destruction. What's with the mass murders in schools? What's with wrapping barbed wire around the brushes in car washes and ripping paintwork to shreds? What's with people who kill and destroy without any thought of compassion or love. They're not even angry at those who suffer. Just cold lawlessness. And this is a good thing?

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
You're guessing.
Exsqueeze me @Brakelite why do I have to trust what you say? Then: Why do you have to trust what I say? If none of us trust each other's side of the argument, what will be the trustworthy yardstick to prove who's argument measures up. If I don't trust your belief and you don't trust my non-belief then what is the go between? This seems like a feedback loop that will never end.

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
I will exclude you from the generalization I made in the post previous to the one above. You seem to be the exception, recognizing how the world is progressing without God's laws, but not wanting a solution, or thinking it doesn't need one. In fact, you would rather double down and want those who do surrender themselves to His laws and do obey them to the best of their power, should take a hike and let the rest of the world get on with life. Without Christians in the world I will give the world 15 minutes to survive.
90% of the world doesn't give a toss for God or His laws, and anyone can look around and see the results. Disease, violence, selfishness, tyranny, corruption, murder, theft, rape, and destruction. What's with the mass murders in schools? What's with wrapping barbed wire around the brushes in car washes and ripping paintwork to shreds? What's with people who kill and destroy without any thought of compassion or love. They're not even angry at those who suffer. Just cold lawlessness. And this is a good thing?

(Disease, violence, selfishness, tyranny, corruption, murder, theft, rape, and destruction. What's with the mass murders in schools? What's with wrapping barbed wire around the brushes in car washes and ripping paintwork to shreds? What's with people who kill and destroy without any thought of compassion or love. They're not even angry at those who suffer. Just cold lawlessness. And this is a good thing?)

It's a belief thing. You want all those problems to be resolved? Then every human being has to learn to stop believing.

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
Do you understand what I am saying? If we keep fighting for our rights to believe what we want, then it's going to get worse and worse.

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
Why do people still smoke cigarettes even after they have knowledge of what harm cigarettes do? Because they're using a belief to continue the habit, they can disregard the facts of nicotine by sticking with what they believe.

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
I was never arguing solely against religious beliefs. All believing itself. That's our downfall. Like I said: Believing wreaked my life, and I only got out of the hole I was in when (yes) that thing about belief again.

Last edited:

FlySwatter

Apr 28, 2023
Somewhere
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United Kingdom
Without Christians in the world I will give the world 15 minutes to survive.

The world survived a very long time before Christians existed thanks. It will last a very long time without them and crucially thee quality of life of many will be vastly improved through not having wicked people preying on their vulnerabilities with psychological oppression.

90% of the world doesn't give a toss for God or His laws, and anyone can look around and see the results. Disease, violence, selfishness, tyranny, corruption, murder, theft, rape, and destruction.

You're seriously suggesting that people's beliefs are the cause of disease? Not much can be said to that. It's ridiculous.
Of course I guess we have to gloss over the fact that millions of "Christians" took the vaccine for Covid instead of trusting in their god to protect them. I guess walking the walk is harder than talking the talk eh? Ah but then we can weasel our way out of that problem by saying go rerated the vaccines and that medicine is part of gods plan etc etc. And so it goes on. When it's convenient it's part of god's work and plan.

Your supposedly loving deity is clearly very happy to stand by whilst all that "violence, selfishness, tyranny, corruption, murder, theft, rape, and destruction" go on. Probably because as the OT explains, he's no stranger to violence and tyranny and murder and destruction himself.

What's with the mass murders in schools? What's with wrapping barbed wire around the brushes in car washes and ripping paintwork to shreds? What's with people who kill and destroy without any thought of compassion or love. They're not even angry at those who suffer. Just cold lawlessness. And this is a good thing?

It's the result of inequality of which Christians share the blame as much as anyone else. Maybe you should all go and do what Jesus commanded. Give up all you have and go follow him and rely on him to see you through. I have never ever met a single Christian that gave up all they had. Not once. Go figure !

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Exsqueeze me @Brakelite why do I have to trust what you say? Then: Why do you have to trust what I say? If none of us trust each other's side of the argument, what will be the trustworthy yardstick to prove who's argument measures up. If I don't trust your belief and you don't trust my non-belief then what is the go between? This seems like a feedback loop that will never end.
The final authority on all faith and practise is the word of God.

• Love
Reactions: Keturah

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I was never arguing solely against religious beliefs. All believing itself. That's our downfall. Like I said: Believing wreaked my life, and I only got out of the hole I was in when (yes) that thing about belief again.
My faith isn't in a belief. It is in a living risen savior, Jesus Christ. My faith isn't in what people teach concerning Jesus Christ, it is in the written word of God, Who has Himself verified His word as trustworthy.
KJV Isaiah 46:9-10
9 Remember the former things of old: for I am God, and there is none else; I am God, and there is none like me,
10 Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure:

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
My faith isn't in a belief. It is in a living risen savior, Jesus Christ. My faith isn't in what people teach concerning Jesus Christ, it is in the written word of God, Who has Himself verified His word as trustworthy.
KJV Isaiah 46:9-10
9 Remember the former things of old: for I am God, and there is none else; I am God, and there is none like me,
10 Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure:
Great, just great. I can't have a open exchange of ideas if that's your stance. Sorry I'm not going to stress myself any more than necessary here.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The world survived a very long time before Christians existed thanks.
God has had His people representing Him since creation.
Your supposedly loving deity is clearly very happy to stand by whilst all that "violence, selfishness, tyranny, corruption, murder, theft, rape, and destruction" go on
Look up the internet for presentations on theodicy.
It's the result of inequality of which Christians share the blame as much as anyone else.
Oh please. Inequality to blame for cold heartless rampant mass murders...... Like several every week?
You're seriously suggesting that people's beliefs are the cause of disease?
No. Unbelief.
Of course I guess we have to gloss over the fact that millions of "Christians" took the vaccine for Covid instead of trusting in their god to protect them.
Possibly in order to maintain their family's home and income, they thought the vaccine wasn't a hill worth dying on. God can defend them against any adverse effects from the vaccine.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Great, just great. I can't have a open exchange of ideas if that's your stance. Sorry I'm not going to stress myself any more than necessary here.
I'm not here to exchange philosophical ideas that change with the weather. I'm here to testify of a risen person whom I have met and who guides, protects, and provides for every day.
Do you understand what I am saying? If we keep fighting for our rights to believe what we want, then it's going to get worse and worse.
What's the alternative? Faith is a necessary component to every day life. When you trip the switch inside the door to your house, you have faith it will bring light to your kitchen. Same with the ignition system on your car. And what is that faith founded on? First, the word of previous occupants or owners, then personal experience yes? Same with my faith in God. Testimony of previous men and women of God who were willing to die horrible deaths at the hands of others whose 'beliefs' were different. Then, my experience in discovering that the God of the Bible is totally real, and keeps His promises.
wicked people preying on their vulnerabilities with psychological oppression.
I am sorry you feel psychologically oppressed. In which case you misunderstand the nature of the God I know.
KJV 2 Timothy 1:7
7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind

FlySwatter

Apr 28, 2023
Somewhere
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United Kingdom
God has had His people representing Him since creation.

An omnipotent being has no need for anyone to represent him

Look up the internet for presentations on theodicy.

Evasion

Oh please. Inequality to blame for cold heartless rampant mass murders...... Like several every week?

Yep. Force people into a corner and keep doing so making their lives perpetually intolerable and you become the ones that create the hatred and violence that ensues. Keep trotting off to your lavish churches, eating your Sunday roast dinners, dressed in your Sunday best finery. Meanwhile those in poverty continue to struggle. Life is survival of the fittest and always has been. The resources are limited and have long since been taken and controlled by large organised groups who are now all interconnected.

No. Unbelief.

So science and biology and virology don't exist then? Disease springs up magically out of thin air as a result of people refusing to believe your dogma? This is fantasy. Dangerous ideology. So in your eyes the people who are ill, which includes millions of Christians, are ill because of their own fault! They failed to believe and so are afflicted. This is medieval nonsense I'm afraid.
Covid took the lives of millions of people worldwide and didn't care if they were Christian or not.
Belief in invisible entities doesn't protect people from disease. Nor any other danger.

Lest you believe otherwise I invite you to go stand in the fast lane of your nearest freeway/motorway. See how your ideology stands up there.

Possibly in order to maintain their family's home and income, they thought the vaccine wasn't a hill worth dying on. God can defend them against any adverse effects from the vaccine.

God isn't defending Christians against the adverse effects of the vaccines. People are dying in droves, excess deaths (non-Covid) are off the charts. Christians and non-Christians alike.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
An omnipotent being has no need for anyone to represent him
Unless He chooses to.
Yep. Force people into a corner and keep doing so making their lives perpetually intolerable and you become the ones that create the hatred and violence that ensues. Keep trotting off to your lavish churches, eating your Sunday roast dinners, dressed in your Sunday best finery. Meanwhile those in poverty continue to struggle. Life is survival of the fittest and always has been. The resources are limited and have long since been taken and controlled by large organised groups who are now all interconnected.
Some highly selective reasoning there. You don't think many Christians struggle as much as their neighbors? Never mind the hypocrisy of the mega church pastors, everyone knows they are the exception. Ignore the fact that over 90% of soup kitchens, food banks etc are operated by Christian volunteers.
So science and biology and virology don't exist then?
I have never been overly enthusiastic about a medical industry that keeps people in a controlled state of sickness to maintain its own existence. Particularly in the light of the fact that...
People are dying in droves, excess deaths (non-Covid) are off the charts. Christians and non-Christians alike.

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
What does a narcissist sing in the shower?

How sweet it is to be loved by me.

• Haha
Reactions: Keturah