Nothing much left to say

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Keturah

Dec 19, 2022
Here
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Everything I think of talking about sounds contrived and laboured(Well put some energy into it!) Let me be flat out honest with the people on this forum. Your rat-bags(Are they carry bags made from rats?) Your faith in Jesus makes you think your privileged and entitled to step on each other(Literally)
I concur that is the appearance of some to think themselves " elitists" bc of their " faith". I also concur that this thought causes the stepping on of others.
I apologize for my part in partaking of this behaviour that causes a smear against the purpose of the Saviour, Jesus !

JOHN 3:16 KJV
"For God so loved the  world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that  whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."

Keturah

Dec 19, 2022
Here
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Belief or rather what we place our beliefs in is rather like this old game. Everyone is all tangled up trying to get the correct answer !
Screenshot_20230507-152304~2.png

Keturah

Dec 19, 2022
Here
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Imagine what it's like trying to describe the colors of the rainbow to a blind person.
That's the same as trying to explain spiritual things to carnally minded people.
They just can't see it.
Hugs
:Zek:

Keturah

Dec 19, 2022
Here
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I love Jesus because he helps me take my eyes off ME and help other people and make them feel good.
You should try it sometime.

I made a small one egg cheese omelet with a spoon of tomatoes and an english muffin.
He ate the whole thing.
He didn't eat before we left the hospital last night (shepherds pie) can't say I blame him, it looked like slop.
When we got home he wan't hungry. And before breakfast he was feeling nauseous.

But he looks better having eaten and had a good nights rest.
He's watching his westerns now and he looks good.

I feel like I've just entered another new chapter of my life. Or should I say, another pair of shoes... right Forrest?

You all have a great day, and for pity sake I.O.U try to smile for once.
You are loved whether you like it or not.

Hugs
Thank you.
You express your heart so eloquently ❤️

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
I concur that is the appearance of some to think themselves " elitists" bc of their " faith". I also concur that this thought causes the stepping on of others.
I apologize for my part in partaking of this behaviour that causes a smear against the purpose of the Saviour, Jesus !

JOHN 3:16 KJV
"For God so loved the  world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that  whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Where's that got you as a society? I can't see the benifits here. I do see how people treat each other via their beliefs. This theory about beliefs is the holy grail of psychology. Because so far most of the information we derive about human behaviours are addressing the effects of believing itself.
The fact is everybody believes in something. The benefit of believing the bible is that it is based on truth. It testifies to something that is eternal...unchanging. Without that point of reference there is simply chaos. So then the religion of Judaism or Christianity is a necessary "evil" (because it is administered by sinful men) that keeps an even greater evil at bay.

If you cast out one demon...7 more wicked demons come into play.

Look at the world now...as people cast off religious constraints...chaos takes over. And its going to get a lot worse.

The bible is true and correct in every way. It is the administrations of men that cause the evil associated with it.

And we see that same evil on the forum..whereby people try to appropriate the truth for themselves...rather than submitting themselves to God in humility and godly fear.

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
The fact is everybody believes in something. The benefit of believing the bible is that it is based on truth. It testifies to something that is eternal...unchanging. Without that point of reference there is simply chaos. So then the religion of Judaism or Christianity is a necessary "evil" (because it is administered by sinful men) that keeps an even greater evil at bay.

If you cast out one demon...7 more wicked demons come into play.

Look at the world now...as people cast off religious constraints...chaos takes over. And its going to get a lot worse.

The bible is true and correct in every way. It is the administrations of men that cause the evil associated with it.

And we see that same evil on the forum..whereby people try to appropriate the truth for themselves...rather than submitting themselves to God in humility and godly fear.
I've heard this line of reasoning before. If we only had the right belief it would make all the difference. Although, this is not how it plays out even among the body of Christians who believe the Biblical accounts of Jesus. As for those non-believers you point out who exhibit dysfunction behaviour, that behaviour is caused by a cultivation of their own beliefs. Either way you slice the cake, you are taking a piece of the belief pie.

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
Besides: How does a belief understand how something really is?

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
We have given great power to people with great beliefs, and I think we all see where that is leading us.

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
No one would apply a belief to solving how to prevent a asteroid hurtling to earth. So why do we apply beliefs to a society that is hurtling out of control?

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
I can't think of anything that believing has ever given me. Other that some personal meaning about reality, and pain, awful pain.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
No one would apply a belief to solving how to prevent a asteroid hurtling to earth. So why do we apply beliefs to a society that is hurtling out of control?
Mmm. Either you would trust NASA or a group of astrophysicists or some other individual scientists or a government or non government body to save your life, but either way you would be believing in their expertise to save your life. I think your non belief thesis has some holes.

Reactions: Laurina

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
Mmm. Either you would trust NASA or a group of astrophysicists or some other individual scientists or a government or non government body to save your life, but either way you would be believing in their expertise to save your life. I think your non belief thesis has some holes.
Why can't I kill people like you, why!

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
Unbeknownst to the believing community they are creating the sick people they've been trying to save. It will never end going around this twisted cycle until belief end's. Or. You can get rid of me and get back to your believing. Won't change anything, but at least I won't be around yapping anymore.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Unbeknownst to the believing community they are creating the sick people they've been trying to save. It will never end going around this twisted cycle until belief end's. Or. You can get rid of me and get back to your believing. Won't change anything, but at least I won't be around yapping anymore.
Why qualify yourself as rocky soil?
Conformity to the status quo hardly has one giving ones life for another
Jesus never approved the status quo so why identify him with it?

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Because you need someone to expose the fallacies of your beliefs.
However, that is just a shallow throw away intellectual argumentative response that contributes nothing. The real reason why you cannot kill me, even though you might like to, is because our society is built on a foundation of morality which is intrinsically a part of the nature of God, as we were created in His image. There have been of course those who fought against such moral scruples, denying their existence and refusing to recognize them as being of any value to society. Those people become a law into themselves and reflect the teachings of Luciferians and satanists... Do what thou wilt.
So our laws, at least up till now (and this could change at any time) reflect that inherent moral compass that has guided the majority of human beings, to a more or less extent, for 6000 years, and in a more direct way are but a residual reflection of the Ten Commandments.
Why "thou shalt not kill"? Because God knows there is great value on every human life. Even He set that value when He paid the price of our redemption.

Reactions: Keturah

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
Why qualify yourself as rocky soil?
Conformity to the status quo hardly has one giving ones life for another
Jesus never approved the status quo so why identify him with it?
I qualify for nothing. I don't even like my lot in life. I got everything I want, but nothing I need.