NYC COP KILLINGS

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

[email protected]

Choir Loft
Apr 2, 2009
West Central Florida
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
What black racists(1) do not understand is that sympathy for racial issues, or any public issue, cannot be generated by means of violence.

Violence in Ferguson and assassination style violence in NYC will only cause the general population to stand behind the authorities. This action and reaction is not conducive to the resolution of important issues such as police procedures and public reaction to perceived injustice.

Rev. Martin Luther King, Jr., who practiced non-violent protest, won support from every corner of American society because he brought issues into the public eye by exercise of restraint. Violence begets violence and hatred. No one can create or maintain public sympathy for a cause by the use of violence. In Rev. Kings' writings he acknowledged that his own people didn't understand what he was doing. "They simply trusted me and followed me," he wrote.

When Rev. King died, the United States lost an extremely valuable resource as well as a light of wisdom.

Has wisdom departed from America's leaders and our people? Once gone where can we find it again?

Or do we just retreat into our electronic toys and deny that anything is wrong?
The latter seems to be the case more and more often these days.

What are your thoughts on the proper exercise of public protest and methods available for bringing an issue into public awareness?

and that's just me, hollering from the choir loft....

(1) "There is no such thing as a black racist."
- Jesse Jackson

Either Mr. Jackson is totally out of touch with reality or he is a political opportunist. Either way his words carry no meaning as they are disconnected with true events and attitudes on both sides of the racial fence.

"Who defines terrorists? Today's terrorist is tomorrow's friend."
- Al Sharpton

"If you play the theatrics too much, you get in the way of your own cause."
- Al Sharpton

I don't think I need to make any comments here about Al Sharpton, except to say that his own words describe his mind too well.