"O Canada.."

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

junobet

May 20, 2016
Germany
Thanks for sharing many of your fiends are commies. Not an interest to me, but I'm sure Clinton appreciated their vote.
My communist friends wouldn’t have given Clinton their vote because they regard her as a neoliberal capitalist in bed with wall street – a quite accurate observation. if you ask me.

Also they couldn’t have voted for Clinton, because none of my Commie-friends is from the US. I’m from Germany, Taken: when I grew up, half of my country was communist including parts of my family, and even here in the West you’d read the Communist Manifesto in school and discuss Marx no end in universities. You can trust that I’ve got a pretty good idea of what communism is. The US-Democrats are far from holding any such ideology.

So why resort to such a ridiculous misrepresentation? Ignorance or malice?

I fear such misrepresentations and declaring the other a mental case are often used when one doesn’t even want to have a look at the other’s political arguments. Maybe because one fears that one’s own arguments might in fact be weaker. That’s neither in the spirit of democracy, nor in the Spirit of Christ, is it?

Reactions: bbyrd009 and aspen

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My communist friends wouldn’t have given Clinton their vote because they regard her as a neoliberal capitalist in bed with wall street – a quite accurate observation. if you ask me.

Also they couldn’t have voted for Clinton, because none of my Commie-friends is from the US. I’m from Germany, Taken: when I grew up, half of my country was communist including parts of my family, and even here in the West you’d read the Communist Manifesto in school and discuss Marx no end in universities. You can trust that I’ve got a pretty good idea of what communism is. The US-Democrats are far from holding any such ideology.

So why resort to such a ridiculous misrepresentation? Ignorance or malice?

I fear such misrepresentations and declaring the other a mental case are often used when one doesn’t even want to have a look at the other’s political arguments. Maybe because one fears that one’s own arguments might in fact be weaker. That’s neither in the spirit of democracy, nor in the Spirit of Christ, is it?

You are missing the point.

Spouting openly one is a communist in the US, is unflattering.

Communism oppresses the people at large, and exalts the "rulers" in charge.

Those who have the same ideology as a communist, simply change their name tag,
Seemingly having progressively evolved to having two mouths to;
effect their ideology through deceptive and corrupt ways.

Listen to their political arguments? Ha!
The results of their political agenda and actions has been endlessly observed, from cradle to death.

God Bless,
Taken

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The results of their political agenda and actions has been endlessly observed, from cradle to death.

God Bless,
Taken

Yes.....because Americans have been taught to mistake depotism for communism.

Reactions: bbyrd009

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks for laying it all out for us Taken.....

You make an easy addition to my ignore list

Welcome!

Welcome to your ignore list?

Kudos. An outstanding example Liberal double talk.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes.....because Americans have been taught to mistake depotism for communism.

No. What they are taught is not so complicated, requiring them to know the difference between all the -isms of political governments.

It's rather on a toddler and juvenile scale that begins with the toddler and juvenile;
Daddy, or Mommy, or Government are their life long caretakers.

junobet

May 20, 2016
Germany

God Bless,
Taken
No Taken, it is you who’s missing the point. The point is that US-Amercan liberals are no more communists than US-American conservatives are fascists. You very rightly complained of having been called a fascist here. But it seems you have forgotten what the Bible tells us about not repaying evil with evil and being measured by the same measure that we measure others with. No surprise if Trump is your role-model: 5 Things Donald Trump Attacked Hillary Clinton Over—But Is Currently Doing Himself

However, obviously you’re not interested in a serious discussion led with intellectual honesty. So this is indeed getting pointless. Take care.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No Taken, it is you who’s missing the point. The point is that US-Amercan liberals are no more communists

Liberalism has a wide range, and some absolutely lean on communistic views.

than US-American conservatives are fascists.

Nothing about a conservative promotes a government to rule everything and everyone.

Bible tells us about not repaying evil with evil and being measured by the same measure that we measure others with.

No surprise if Trump is your role-model:

LOL. role-model? Surely you must know you are talking to adults. What a weird thing to say.

However, obviously you’re not interested in a serious discussion led with intellectual honesty.

People have different things they believe and is their truth. Arguing over what other people believe is pointless.

God Bless,
Taken

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Since Monday 230 people got killed, among them 60 children, in East-Ghuta near Damascus alone. And at least 700 people got injured. Assad won’t allow for any humanitarian aid to reach these people.

And the Christian answer to such suffering is to post defaming bile against refugees and those who are willing to offer them shelter?
Her post wasn't "bile" against anybody. - except for, maybe a biased Prime Minister.

She is simply showing the inequity of her government that shows complete intolerance for Christianity and Judaism while catering to radical Islam.

Pay attention . . .

junobet

May 20, 2016
Germany
Liberalism has a wide range, and some absolutely lean on communistic views.
Sure, liberalism has a wide range, so has conservatism. And communists represent US-liberalism no more (or even less these days) than fascists represent US-conservatism. And of course there are fascists in the US. Or what would you call the thugs that waved Swastika-flags in Charlottesville? “Good people”?

Nothing about a conservative promotes a government to rule everything and everyone.
Conservatives would never attempt to rule over women's bodies, over who's allowed to marry who, which toilets people can go to and which drugs people shoud be allowed to take?

LOL. role-model? Surely you must know you are talking to adults. What a weird thing to say.

People have different things they believe and is their truth. Arguing over what other people believe is pointless.

God Bless,
Taken
And herein lies the problem: truth and facts have become utterly subjective in your mind. So yes, having a sensible discussion with such mindset is impossible.

junobet

May 20, 2016
Germany
Her post wasn't "bile" against anybody. - except for, maybe a biased Prime Minister.

She is simply showing the inequity of her government that shows complete intolerance for Christianity and Judaism while catering to radical Islam.

Pay attention . . .
If you paid attention, you would have noticed by now that nobody is catering to radical Islam, maybe with exception of President Trump et al. when on state visit to Saudi Arabia in the hope of a good weapon’s deal.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you paid attention, you would have noticed by now that nobody is catering to radical Islam, maybe with exception of President Trump et al. when on state visit to Saudi Arabia in the hope of a good weapon’s deal.
Wrong.

Not only did Obama and the Democrats cater to Radical Islam - he wouldn't even use that term "Radical Islamic Terrorists" for fear of offending them. They fought for the release of terrorists at Guantanamo Bay, who later returned to their terrorist activities.

Anyway - that is beside the point.
I called you out for misrepresenting ByGrace's OP - which you did.

junobet

May 20, 2016
Germany
Wrong.

Not only did Obama and the Democrats cater to Radical Islam - he wouldn't even use that term "Radical Islamic Terrorists" for fear of offending them. They fought for the release of terrorists at Guantanamo Bay, who later returned to their terrorist activities.
I’m sorry to have to put it that bluntly: but that’s hogwash. As Trudeau Obama had the intellectual ability and integrity not to equate all of Islam with its radical terrorist fringes. But he certainly did not cater to the latter. The man ordered more drone strikes against Islamic terrorists than Bush did. One thing I would accuse him of is that just as detention in Guantanamo such drone strikes violate the right to a fair trial.

Anyway - that is beside the point.
I called you out for misrepresenting ByGrace's OP - which you did.
ByGrace posted a pamphlet that she got from God knows which far-right side, which did indeed misrepresent Trudeau’s policies and stirred up resentment against refugees. Aren’t you Catholic, Bread of Life? Maybe you should listen to what your Pope has to say about refugees rather than succumbing to right-wing punditry:

“Pope Francis called for people around the world to “embrace” migrants and refugees in his annual World Day for Peace address.
(…)
Francis reiterated his advocacy for “all those fleeing from war and hunger, or forced by discrimination and persecution, poverty and environmental degradation to leave their homelands.”
(…)
Francis called on political, educational, and religious institutions alike to “make the effort to assure refugees and migrants, to everyone, a peaceful future. (…) We ask the Lord to work in this new year with generosity to achieve a world that is more empathetic and welcoming,” he said.
Francis also addressed what he described as a rise of anti-immigration rhetoric globally, suggesting that people who “foment fear of migrants instead of building peace,” possibly to achieve political ends, “are sowing violence, racial discrimination and xenophobia.””

Pope Francis Makes New Year Appeal to Welcome Migrants

Reactions: aspen and bbyrd009

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I’m sorry to have to put it that bluntly: but that’s hogwash. As Trudeau Obama had the intellectual ability and integrity not to equate all of Islam with its radical terrorist fringes. But he certainly did not cater to the latter. The man ordered more drone strikes against Islamic terrorists than Bush did. One thing I would accuse him of is that just as detention in Guantanamo such drone strikes violate the right to a fair trial.
First of all - Obama refused to use the words "Islamic Terrorism" - which MANY Muslims wished he would.

There are Muslims and then, there are Muslim extremists. I heard MANY Imams state that they wish he would have differentiated the two because in Obama's politically-correct mind, there was only ONE kind of Muslim.
ByGrace posted a pamphlet that she got from God knows which far-right side, which did indeed misrepresent Trudeau’s policies and stirred up resentment against refugees. Aren’t you Catholic, Bread of Life? Maybe you should listen to what your Pope has to say about refugees rather than succumbing to right-wing punditry:

“Pope Francis called for people around the world to “embrace” migrants and refugees in his annual World Day for Peace address.
(…)
Francis reiterated his advocacy for “all those fleeing from war and hunger, or forced by discrimination and persecution, poverty and environmental degradation to leave their homelands.”
(…)
Francis called on political, educational, and religious institutions alike to “make the effort to assure refugees and migrants, to everyone, a peaceful future. (…) We ask the Lord to work in this new year with generosity to achieve a world that is more empathetic and welcoming,” he said.
Francis also addressed what he described as a rise of anti-immigration rhetoric globally, suggesting that people who “foment fear of migrants instead of building peace,” possibly to achieve political ends, “are sowing violence, racial discrimination and xenophobia.””

You are once again dishonestly misrepresenting ByGrace's OP.
She stated her displeasure in the fact that Muslim prayer is allowed in schools while Christian and Jewish prayer is banned.

A government that places anybody OVER its own citizens has abandoned their responsibility.

Last edited:

junobet

May 20, 2016
Germany
First of all - Obama refused to use the words "Islamic Terrorism" - which MANY Muslims wished he would.

There are Muslims and then, there are Muslim extremists. I heard MANY Imams state that they wish he would have differentiated the two because in Obama's politically-correct mind, there was only ONE kind of Muslim.
Sorry, but I've got no idea what you are on about.
You are once again dishonestly misrepresenting ByGrace's OP.
She stated her displeasure in the fact that Muslim prayer is allowed in schools while Christian and Jewish prayer is banned.
Yeah, that sounds terrible, doesn't it? But it turn's out it’s just one of the many misrepresentations in the OP’s pamphlet:

Trudeau has been in office since 2015.

It’s more than 15 years ago that the Peel District School Board allowed for Muslim children to attend voluntary (!) Friday prayer sessions on school grounds, because “Under the Ontario Human Rights Code all school boards in the province are required to reasonably accommodate the faith needs of their students.” (Why was Koran ripped up at school meeting?). And it was in the 80ies that Canadian School Boards finished compulsory(!) Christian prayer in schools. (School prayer - Wikipedia)

A government that places anybody OVER its own citizens has abandoned their responsibility.
You forgot that Canada has not just Christian and Jewish citizens, but also atheist, Muslim, Hindu, Buddhist … citizens, all of whom want to have their needs met.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No. What they are taught is not so complicated, requiring them to know the difference between all the -isms of political governments.

It's rather on a toddler and juvenile scale that begins with the toddler and juvenile;
Daddy, or Mommy, or Government are their life long caretakers.

Yes, the defense department is a 1000 pound baby and thrives on the majority of the budget

Reactions: truthquest

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, the defense department is a 1000 pound baby and thrives on the majority of the budget

Actually there was no provision for the US Government to devise a Budget.

They had full authority to spend, all they received, via the LIMITS of those things Constitutionally outlined, which they were authorized to receive.

God Bless,
Taken

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry, but I've got no idea what you are on about.
Then, apparently, you've been living under a rock for the last 10 years - or your just dishonest.
Yeah, that sounds terrible, doesn't it? But it turn's out it’s just one of the many misrepresentations in the OP’s pamphlet:

Trudeau has been in office since 2015.

It’s more than 15 years ago that the Peel District School Board allowed for Muslim children to attend voluntary (!) Friday prayer sessions on school grounds, because “Under the Ontario Human Rights Code all school boards in the province are required to reasonably accommodate the faith needs of their students.” (Why was Koran ripped up at school meeting?). And it was in the 80ies that Canadian School Boards finished compulsory(!) Christian prayer in schools. (School prayer - Wikipedia)
Sooooo, Christian and Jewish prayers are allowed in Canada schools?
You forgot that Canada has not just Christian and Jewish citizens, but also atheist, Muslim, Hindu, Buddhist … citizens, all of whom want to have their needs met.
You're changing the subject.
I was talking about the Islamic refugees and any other non-citizen.

junobet

May 20, 2016
Germany
Then, apparently, you've been living under a rock for the last 10 years - or your just dishonest.
Well, for the past ten years I read the newspaper almost daily, but of course it’s possible that I missed out on some vital news there. So care to enlighten me then what event you were referring to?

Sooooo, Christian and Jewish prayers are allowed in Canada schools?
I should think the Ontario Human rights code covers all religions. However schools don’t need to especially accommodate Jewish and Christian religious needs, because - supposing that there is no school in Canada on Saturdays and Sundays – they already see to it that school doesn't interfere with typical Jewish and Christian prayer times.

I was talking about the Islamic refugees and any other non-citizen.
As I saw it I just replied to a remark you made about Muslims in Canada in general, you know, those who are allowed to pray in school on Fridays .

Concerning refugees: if you check them out you’ll find that all of the points about refugees in the OP’s pamphlet are either very distorted or plainly wrong. For example: Fact check: Do refugees get more financial help than Canadian pensioners?
All in all the OP is exactly the kind of thing your Pope meant when he talked about “anti-immigration rhetoric” Don't fall for it.

I’m first and furthermost a citizen of God’s Kingdom and as such it is my responsibility to speak out for "the least" in any given society. Holding the passport of a Western democracy I don’t want my government to be just concerned about the well-being of its own citizens, but also to uphold universal human rights. Whenever my government abandons those it doesn't have my support.

Reactions: bbyrd009