OFFENSIVE CHRISTMAS FARE EXPLODES

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
WAR ON CHRISTMAS

November
Springhill, LA – The Springhill Branch Library banned a living nativity scene that was to be portrayed by a First Assembly of God youth group because library officials disallowed anything with “religious tones” on library grounds. As a result, the living nativity scene was moved to elsewhere in town.

November-December
Freedom From Religion Foundation sought to counter the display of a nativity scene in Athens, Texas with one of its mocking statements.. Similarly, hundreds of residents in Ellwood City, Pennsylvania turned out to rally in support of their crèche.

The bottom line was unmistakable. In every instance when the people got mobilized, they did so in support of Christmas. There was not a single example to the contrary: the anti-Christmas folks amount to nothing more than a few atheist organizations and their lawyers.

November 30
In Wisconsin, for the first time in years, they reverted back to calling the Capitol Rotunda Christmas tree a Christmas tree: it was called a Christmas tree for 70 years until it was renamed a Holiday tree in the mid-1980s...

In a South Carolina cancer center, a 67-year-old volunteer Santa was evicted because of the “different cultures and beliefs of the patients we care for”; it later reversed its decision. In an elementary school in Stockton, California, poinsettias were banned but somehow snowmen were permitted; they justified their censorship by saying there was a Sikh temple in the city (note: there is no evidence that Sikhs are offended by poinsettias.)

many more stories here

Reactions: amadeus and Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
yes, sure. And no, depending upon one's definitions. If "Christian" is defined as "someone who believes that Jesus died for their sins, and all they have to do is believe that in order to be qualified to attend a Big Party in the Sky after all of the Bad People get dumped into Eternal Fire, which starts with Rapture, any minute now," then no, even if that is the def i started with myself

I know that...and you know that I do not believe that.
But, what I am saying is that "those" who hate us will NOT make that difference when lumping us all together as " Christians".
Why you mean by it, what I mean by it, and what "they" mean by it is very different!!! They will not separate us at that time. God may, and will, but "they" wont.

Reactions: amadeus

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
I know that...and you know that I do not believe that.
But, what I am saying is that "those" who hate us will NOT make that difference when lumping us all together as " Christians".
Why you mean by it, what I mean by it, and what "they" mean by it is very different!!! They will not separate us at that time. God may, and will, but "they" wont.
do you vote, and pay taxes? these must be considered as indications of allegiance, imo, that i guess God will recognize and honor.
meaning that they are not "bad" per se, but that if one legitimizes a Power, they should at least not be blind to all that power represents. There is a diff in obeying the law and relying on the law, iow

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@bbyrd009 Well with the beginning of all this anti-christian hype coming out of the woodwork...I does rejoice my heart that they are so afraid of God and His people that they must shut them up or destroy them.
I notice that China is 'running scared' again...and turning the clock back to the days of Mao once more. Banning home prayer meetings, raiding churches that have not been 'approved'. In fact bring in laws again, to stop Christians meeting. Also tightening the noose around Christians school. And throwing out pf the country any who do not comply to their rules (by giving out bibles.) I have an inside track on this..they are westerners ( been there 25 years) who have to live with their cases pack in case it is their turn with the midnight know on the door and told to be gone within 24 hours.

The "world" is running scared...they are going to be fighting tooth and nail to shut the mouths of believers..which includes the carnal Christians along with the dedicated Christians. And those who are "christians " by name only!!

Reactions: amadeus

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
do you vote, and pay taxes? these must be considered as indications of allegiance, imo, that i guess God will recognize and honor.
meaning that they are not "bad" per se, but that if one legitimizes a Power, they should at least not be blind to all that power represents. There is a diff in obeying the law and relying on the law, iow
or put another way, we cannot very well condemn pastors on another thread for upholding the status quo if we do this now, can we

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Well with the beginning of all this anti-christian hype coming out of the woodwork...I does rejoice my heart that they are so afraid of God and His people that they must shut them up or destroy them.
I notice that China is 'running scared' again...and turning the clock back to the days of Mao once more. Banning home prayer meetings, raiding churches that have not been 'approved'. In fact bring in laws again, to stop Christians meeting. Also tightening the noose around Christians school. And throwing out pf the country any who do not comply to their rules (by giving out bibles.)
this is your perspective, but in another light who can blame them, witnessing the mess we are in, see

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I have an inside track on this..they are westerners ( been there 25 years) who have to live with their cases pack in case it is their turn with the midnight know on the door and told to be gone within 24 hours.
well, our perspectives are different here, i would no more tolerate them than i would Muslims being mixed with Christians, mixing cultures is just a bad idea imo. Border stones should not be moved.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is offensive and who is offended?

"Woe unto the world because of offences! for it must needs be that offences come; but woe to that man by whom the offence cometh!" Matt 18:7

"And blessed is he, whosoever shall not be offended in me." Matt 11:6

"Peter answered and said unto him, Though all men shall be offended because of thee, yet will I never be offended.
Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, That this night, before the cock crow, thou shalt deny me thrice." Matt 26:33-34

"And Jesus said unto him, Forbid him not: for he that is not against us is for us." Luke 9:50

So now I can go ahead and set up my traditional crèche in my own yard so long no one passing is able to see it as they pass and be thereby offended...

God help us all in that we cannot even discuss the problems seen with what should be easily as a common enemy without bickering among ourselves! Help us dear Lord!

Reactions: Helen

liafailrock

Jul 4, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have an "us vs them" mentality that is not biblical.
I said it at least twice, Christmas is a secular holiday and a Christian celebration. If you want to call secular "worldly", its not worth discussing. Here you accuse me of being in bondage for observing certain holy days. Show me a verse that says all practices, devotions and even doctrines must be found explicitly in scripture to be valid. You can't. No such verse exists. It's a man made legalistic tradition. You appear to be bound to the letter.

I wasn't accusing you. I was quoting scripture that Paul stated that seemed to fit your situation, so I already showed you a verse. But then again, maybe my assessment of your situation is wrong. As for the feasts I enjoy them, and the Sabbath, so when anyone comes to me saying I deal with the letter, I will say with Paul,

Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days: Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.

because these are the times and seasons God set by His authority. When the end times comes, and they will come, I assure you it won't be at Christmas or Easter, or All Saint's day or any of those. But for those who don't know the times, they will be taken by surprise.

Watch and pray.... that you may be considered worthy to escape.....

You can have your Christmas, but at least seriously watch the days of Leviticus 23 if you want real timing of future events in the same manner the past was likewise fulfilled.

Richard_oti

Mar 17, 2008
Exactly, the legalist's on here would tell you otherwise.

Did you call? <chuckle>

They would rather tie the rope of the old mosaic law observances around our necks and claim that we are not to worship on Sunday for instance.

Actually, I have no issue with the gathering together upon the first day of the week. It is a good thing. But also, "remember".

I would truly like to see how they view Christmas, just to see how double minded they really are. I'm sure many of these hypocrites the world over are perfectly fine with Christmas.

Well, much to my friends and families chagrin, I have nothing to do with it. However, I don't hold anything against nor judge those who observe it.

Reactions: bbyrd009

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
“CRUCIFIED SANTA” ARTIST EXPLOITS CHRISTMAS

ce.png

Catholic League president Bill Donohue comments on a portrait of Santa crucified that was shown on Christmas Eve:

I recently had an exchange with Robert Cenedella, the artist who created “The Presence of Man”; it depicts Santa crucified. After being mildly critical of his work some 20 years ago, I came to the conclusion that his intent is sincere: it is a statement on the commercialization of Christmas.

But now Cenedella has taken his work to a new level, one that is indefensible: he stood outside of St. Patrick’s Cathedral on Christmas Eve showing his portrait to the faithful as they exited Mass.

This is grandstanding, and it is also exploitative. Children are not capable of processing his message, and Cenedella knows it. Does he expect parents to spend Christmas Eve discussing his real intent? If so, that smacks of narcissism. And one does not have to be a child to take affront at this stunt: there is a time and a place for everything, and this was certainly not the right place.

Cenedella’s prank does not speak well for him. It appears that the only way he can generate discussion is to be in-your-face. That is a sign of weakness, not strength.

New Front Page

Reactions: amadeus and Helen

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@kepha31
So many terrible things in the minds of men these days. More prayer is needed to be certain.

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“CRUCIFIED SANTA” ARTIST EXPLOITS CHRISTMAS
Catholic League president Bill Donohue comments on a portrait of Santa crucified that was shown on Christmas Eve:

I recently had an exchange with Robert Cenedella, the artist who created “The Presence of Man”; it depicts Santa crucified. After being mildly critical of his work some 20 years ago, I came to the conclusion that his intent is sincere: it is a statement on the commercialization of Christmas.

But now Cenedella has taken his work to a new level, one that is indefensible: he stood outside of St. Patrick’s Cathedral on Christmas Eve showing his portrait to the faithful as they exited Mass.

This is grandstanding, and it is also exploitative. Children are not capable of processing his message, and Cenedella knows it. Does he expect parents to spend Christmas Eve discussing his real intent? If so, that smacks of narcissism. And one does not have to be a child to take affront at this stunt: there is a time and a place for everything, and this was certainly not the right place.

Cenedella’s prank does not speak well for him. It appears that the only way he can generate discussion is to be in-your-face. That is a sign of weakness, not strength.

a picture in this case is media and media is propaganda promoting a view of some human activity, he's not doing anything no one else does. actually its no different then a political cartoon. evangelists like say apostle Paul did the same to sinners as far as getting the message out where the sinners are.

you want to speak to some one you have to go where they are.

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
a picture in this case is media and media is propaganda promoting a view of some human activity, he's not doing anything no one else does. actually its no different then a political cartoon. evangelists like say apostle Paul did the same to sinners as far as getting the message out where the sinners are.
Santa on the cross is no different than what Paul did??? It's not an outreach art-piece, it's an in-your-face insult.

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Santa on the cross is no different than what Paul did??? It's not an outreach art-piece, it's an in-your-face insult.

so was Paul's preaching in synagogues to where they sot to kill him or have the authority imprison him. so yes Paul was in their face, and it not only insulted them but enraged them to even seek his death. don't you read the bible? if you did, you would know that.

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
so was Paul's preaching in synagogues to where they sot to kill him or have the authority imprison him. so yes Paul was in their face, and it not only insulted them but enraged them to even seek his death. don't you read the bible? if you did, you would know that.
Paul preached Jesus Christ crucified, not Santa Claus crucified. don't you read the bible? if you did, you would know that.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
gn.png

Catholic League president Bill Donohue comments on the rash of offensive Christmas fare:

It’s not even December, and the Christmas haters are already out in force.

In addition to those who want to censor Christmas, such as the D.C. Metro Area Transit Agency, there are those who prefer to trash the Christian holiday by using obscene sex-themed depictions.

There is a homosexual nativity scene in Los Angeles, courtesy of comedian Cameron Esposito, that has caught the eye of many; it features two Josephs. We looked to find a homosexual depiction of the birth of Muhammad, but we came up empty.

There appears to be an explosion of homosexual Christmas fare this season. There are homosexual T-shirts, Christmas trees, ornaments, wreaths, and cards. Also available online are “Sick and Twisted Christmas Cards” and “Perverted Christmas Cards.” There is a card that features a reindeer with blue xxxxxxxxx and one that depicts Santa performing xxxx xxx on a bear.

The Christmas haters are not new, are not confined to the U.S., and are not the exclusive work of atheists. Five years ago a wacko Anglican church in New Zealand featured a billboard of a homosexual baby Jesus.

One of the most offensive “holiday cards” online has nothing to do with homosexuality or obscenity. It shows a picture of Osama bin Laden with an inscription dated 12-25-01 (the first Christmas after 9/11) that says:

YOU CAN NOT STOP US
WE HAVE THIS ANTHRAX
YOU DIE NOW
ARE YOU AFRAID?
DEATH TO AMERICA
DEATH TO ISRAEL
ALLAH IS GREAT
MERRY CHRISTMAS
Most Americans, whether religious or not, are good people. They want nothing to do with these kinds of offensive attacks on the meaning of Christmas. On the other side, however, there are those—and they are not a tiny minority—who are engaged in cultural cleansing, seeking to rid our society of its Judeo-Christian heritage.
OFFENSIVE CHRISTMAS FARE EXPLODES

Rom 1:29
Being filled with all unrighteousness...

Rom 1:32
Who knowing the judgement of God that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same,
But have pleasure in them that do them.

God Bless,
Taken