Officials Can Forcibly Remove Underwear

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Australian state law empowers officials to forcibly remove underwear to administer vaccine

Law enforcement has the legal power 'to remove anything (including underwear) that the relevant person is wearing' if it's determined that that person must be vaccinated.

WESTERN AUSTRALIA, September 24, 2020 (LifeSiteNews) — The state of Western Australia has legislated to allow police officers or other “authorised officers” to restrain individuals and, if deemed necessary, forcibly remove their underwear in order to administer a vaccine.

LifeSiteNews recently became aware of the legislation and is in communication with a number of residents of Western Australia who, until recently, were unaware of the extraordinary powers granted to the government in state law.

The so-called “reasonable force” includes the powers to:

(a) to apprehend and detain the person to whom the direction applies (the relevant person) and take the relevant person to a place where the person is required to undergo medical observation, medical examination or medical treatment or to be vaccinated in accordance with the direction; and

(b) to detain the relevant person at the place where he or she is required to undergo medical observation, medical examination or medical treatment or to be vaccinated in accordance with the direction; and

(c) to restrain the relevant person —

(i) to enable a medical observation, medical examination or medical treatment to be carried out; or

(ii) to enable the relevant person to be vaccinated;​
(d) to remove anything (including underwear) that the relevant person is wearing, if —

(i) the removal of the thing is reasonably necessary to enable a medical examination or medical treatment to be carried out or, as the case requires, to enable the person to be vaccinated; and

(ii) the relevant person is given a reasonable opportunity to remove the thing himself or herself, and refuses or fails to do so.​

On the Western Australia government website showing “Original Acts as passed” for Western Australian legislation, the text is included in the original 2016 Public Health Act. An updated version of the act as of September 12, 2020 is also available on the government website and includes the same text.

An Australian Broadcasting Corporation (ABC) “fact check” article on the issue was published in June this year when some social media–users first became aware of the legislation and raised alarm online.

The ABC article states that “[t]hese powers are only enforceable under a public health state of emergency, as was declared in Western Australia on 23 March 2020, in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.”

Dr. Rocco Loiacono, senior lecturer at the Curtin Law School in Western Australia, told LifeSiteNews that “there is no basis for any public health emergency since there has not been any community transmission of the virus in WA since early April!”

“The government should have declared the emergency over months ago,” Loiacono said, “but of course they will not now relinquish these newfound powers.”

Last month, Australian prime minister Scott Morrison announced that his government had made an agreement with the British pharmaceutical company Astrazeneca to supply Australians with their coronavirus vaccine for free, providing that the vaccine passes clinical trials. A few weeks after Morrison’s statement, worldwide trials for Astrazeneca’s coronavirus vaccine, which uses cell lines from an aborted baby, were temporarily stopped after a U.K. trial participant was taken ill.

Shortly after announcing the agreement with Astrazeneca, Morrison first said a coronavirus vaccine will be made “as mandatory as you can possibly make it” before quickly walking back the comments somewhat and saying the vaccine “is not going to be compulsory” and that “we can’t hold someone down and make them take it.”

Source: Australian state law empowers officials to forcibly remove underwear to administer vaccine

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Australian state law empowers officials to forcibly remove underwear to administer vaccine

Law enforcement has the legal power 'to remove anything (including underwear) that the relevant person is wearing' if it's determined that that person must be vaccinated.

WESTERN AUSTRALIA, September 24, 2020 (LifeSiteNews) — The state of Western Australia has legislated to allow police officers or other “authorised officers” to restrain individuals and, if deemed necessary, forcibly remove their underwear in order to administer a vaccine.

LifeSiteNews recently became aware of the legislation and is in communication with a number of residents of Western Australia who, until recently, were unaware of the extraordinary powers granted to the government in state law.

The so-called “reasonable force” includes the powers to:

(a) to apprehend and detain the person to whom the direction applies (the relevant person) and take the relevant person to a place where the person is required to undergo medical observation, medical examination or medical treatment or to be vaccinated in accordance with the direction; and

(b) to detain the relevant person at the place where he or she is required to undergo medical observation, medical examination or medical treatment or to be vaccinated in accordance with the direction; and

(c) to restrain the relevant person —

(i) to enable a medical observation, medical examination or medical treatment to be carried out; or

(ii) to enable the relevant person to be vaccinated;​
(d) to remove anything (including underwear) that the relevant person is wearing, if —

(i) the removal of the thing is reasonably necessary to enable a medical examination or medical treatment to be carried out or, as the case requires, to enable the person to be vaccinated; and

(ii) the relevant person is given a reasonable opportunity to remove the thing himself or herself, and refuses or fails to do so.​

On the Western Australia government website showing “Original Acts as passed” for Western Australian legislation, the text is included in the original 2016 Public Health Act. An updated version of the act as of September 12, 2020 is also available on the government website and includes the same text.

An Australian Broadcasting Corporation (ABC) “fact check” article on the issue was published in June this year when some social media–users first became aware of the legislation and raised alarm online.

The ABC article states that “[t]hese powers are only enforceable under a public health state of emergency, as was declared in Western Australia on 23 March 2020, in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.”

Dr. Rocco Loiacono, senior lecturer at the Curtin Law School in Western Australia, told LifeSiteNews that “there is no basis for any public health emergency since there has not been any community transmission of the virus in WA since early April!”

“The government should have declared the emergency over months ago,” Loiacono said, “but of course they will not now relinquish these newfound powers.”

Last month, Australian prime minister Scott Morrison announced that his government had made an agreement with the British pharmaceutical company Astrazeneca to supply Australians with their coronavirus vaccine for free, providing that the vaccine passes clinical trials. A few weeks after Morrison’s statement, worldwide trials for Astrazeneca’s coronavirus vaccine, which uses cell lines from an aborted baby, were temporarily stopped after a U.K. trial participant was taken ill.

Shortly after announcing the agreement with Astrazeneca, Morrison first said a coronavirus vaccine will be made “as mandatory as you can possibly make it” before quickly walking back the comments somewhat and saying the vaccine “is not going to be compulsory” and that “we can’t hold someone down and make them take it.”

Source: Australian state law empowers officials to forcibly remove underwear to administer vaccine

So many people, Christians included have no idea how terrible marshal law can be...God give us strength!

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
From what the article says, officials there called a public health state of emergency. I'm not sure if this includes marshal law.
Sure sounds like it. not to mention all the other things happening in Melbourne and Vitoria, or 'had' happened when they called a state of emergency a couple months back. Someone shared a video on here about what they were doing. Needed no warrants, even "no knock". Was about a pregnant woman, about to leave for an ultra sound (her husband caught it all on his phone), three or 4 guys just walked in and put her under arrest because of something she wrote on Facebook. Cuffed and taken away, was hard to watch and frightening.

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sure sounds like it. not to mention all the other things happening in Melbourne and Vitoria, or 'had' happened when they called a state of emergency a couple months back. Someone shared a video on here about what they were doing. Needed no warrants, even "no knock". Was about a pregnant woman, about to leave for an ultra sound (her husband caught it all on his phone), three or 4 guys just walked in and put her under arrest because of something she wrote on Facebook. Cuffed and taken away, was hard to watch and frightening.
This is very sad. I've read of similar things in the U.S.

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

That was Canada where the lady was arrested, they are idiots too

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is very sad. I've read of similar things in the U.S.
Kentucky Couple Under House Arrest After Testing Positive for Coronavirus
KYLE MORRIS 19 Jul 2020

A Kentucky couple has been placed on house arrest and made to wear ankle monitors after the wife tested positive for coronavirus and refused to sign papers that stated she would self-quarantine, according to multiple reports.

As a precaution before traveling to visit her parents in Michigan, Elizabeth Linscott said she was tested for the coronavirus. Linscott tested positive for the virus but exhibited no symptoms.

Read the rest of the article here: Kentucky Couple Under House Arrest After Testing Positive for COVID-19

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

So many people, Christians included have no idea how terrible marshal law can be...God give us strength!

Hello

I am frustrated that all of the above comments have come from people who have nothing to do with the situation in Australia but who feel the need to comment and express their opinions about something that they have no ability to change. I believe that as I do not live in the US, that I should not comment on what is happening in the US out of respect for the people in the US. I just wish that the people in the US would show the same respect for the people in Australia and not comment or give their opinions on the respective subject matter.

This is what I have found on this topic concerning what is best described as reported fake news.

Here is the link to the article: - We fact checked claims on forced vaccination in WA. Here's what we found to verify the validity of what you have posted on this subject matter.

Shalom

Last edited:

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello

I am frustrated that all of the above comments have come from people who have nothing to do with the situation in Australia but who feel the need to comment and express their opinions about something that they have no ability to change. I believe that as I do not live in the US, that I should not comment on what is happening in the US out of respect for the people in the US. I just wish that the people in the US would show the same respect for the people in Australia and not not comment or give their opinions on the respective subject matter.

This is what I have found on this topic concerning what is best described as reported fake news.

Here is the link to the article: - We fact checked claims on forced vaccination in WA. Here's what we found to verify the validity of what you have posted on this subject matter.

Shalom

Sorry Jay, no disrespect meant. I thought it was a legit story. And yeah, you are right...I live far from there.

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello

I am frustrated that all of the above comments have come from people who have nothing to do with the situation in Australia but who feel the need to comment and express their opinions about something that they have no ability to change. I believe that as I do not live in the US, that I should not comment on what is happening in the US out of respect for the people in the US. I just wish that the people in the US would show the same respect for the people in Australia and not not comment or give their opinions on the respective subject matter.

Shalom

Than go somewhere else. It's called a discussion broad stop being a dolt

Reactions: Bobby Jo and APAK

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Than go somewhere else. It's called a discussion broad stop being a dolt

I have no problems with you calling me a "stupid person" by saying that I am a "dolt," as you have shown that you lack the wisdom, to know who is being stupid in this thread.

A wise person would be a lot more cautious and consider whether or not they should post in a fake news thread.

Reactions: bbyrd009

Sabertooth

Sep 17, 2019
Northern Wisconsin
transcendiary.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's called a discussion broad...[?]
full
(I am sure that you must have meant "discussion board." Discussion broad means something else entirely... :confused:)

Reactions: Nancy

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Reactions: Bobby Jo

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello

I am frustrated that all of the above comments have come from people who have nothing to do with the situation in Australia but who feel the need to comment and express their opinions about something that they have no ability to change. I believe that as I do not live in the US, that I should not comment on what is happening in theThis US out of respect for the people in the US. I just wish that the people in the US would show the same respect for the people in Australia and not not comment or give their opinions on the respective subject matter.

Shalom

I'm not sure that I understand your frustration. I don't have a problem being alerted by others about U.S. laws that I'm not aware of. I don't like it when people who have never lived in the U.S. come across as experts on America, but hey, if there's a problematic law passed in the U.S., by all means, post an article about it!

It seems to me that the link you provided supports the article that I posted in the OP. This is what the link you provided states:

The Public Health Act 2016, however, does set out powers that allow an authorised emergency officer to direct a person, including a child, to be tested and vaccinated under a public health state of emergency.​

The act also gives emergency officers the power to use "reasonable force to ensure that the direction is complied with" including the removal of underwear if necessary.
BTW, @Jay Ross , no offense intended, but if I find other articles that talk about what's happening in Australia that I think may help the people there, I will post them.

Last edited: