Officials Can Forcibly Remove Underwear

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
full
(I am sure that you must have meant "discussion board." Discussion broad means something else entirely... :confused:)

Oops, thanks

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I finally got the time to finish watching the video posted with the article in the OP. All I can say is how frightening it is to see such dictatorial tactics used on the citizens of a democratic nation such as Australia! And if this can happen in one democratic nation, it can happen in any nation! We have seen some of this happening in the U.S. I urge everyone to watch this video! Be informed!

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's another violation against Christianity to force someone to be given a vaccine. But more it's just criminal. Who's to say the vaccine is safe?

Oh, but I see there is a question to the validity of the news, sorry. But yeah, a lot of dictatorship going on here in the USA. So it's somewhat believable.
Actually, the validity of this report was questioned, but the report was not shown to be in error.

Reactions: dev553344

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
In the OP link there is a video linked to the article that links WA to Vic where the distance between Melbourne and Perth is over 3,400 kms if you drive and over 2700 kms if you fly. The video in that can be viewed on the linked web page is focused on Melbourne.

WA imposed a locked border approach to control the pandemic as well as other restrictions and has only recorded 684 positive covid19 tests, while Victoria has had 20,169 recorded positive tests.

The parties in government in both states are Labour and are considered as being on the left of politics and would be aligned with the Democratic Party Leftist policies.

Australia has always been heavy handed with regards to implementation of control measures with respect to vaccinations like, if a child is not vaccinated it is not allowed into Child care. Australia has had restrictive immigration policies. States have had restrictive border controls to stop fruit from moving from one state to another which in its day was effective to stop the the transmission of diseases with respect to fruit trees and banana trees. In Qld there are still restrictions which limits the transfer of cane plants and banana suckers from one area to another to protect food production.

But when measures are put in place to control a pandemic, and the people of the respective states comply with those directives, the covid19 virus infection rates in the respective states has been low and the restrictive directives have now been relaxed.

These are the current stats for the Australian states with respect to recorded positive tests.

upload_2020-10-1_7-50-36.png

The Laws being objected to were with respect to the vaccination of children in response to the antivac advocators within WA and was introduced in 2016 nearly four years before the pandemic and the complaint is that this measure to ensure that people are vaccinated in compliance with the state legislation should now be removed.

To me it seems that there are two issues being attacked in the OP article.

For me the Op was presenting "fake" news based on a "truthful" fact in the article but in a biased way, heavily negative, to support the views of the news presenter. I question what his motive was in this presentation.

Last edited:

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Australian state law empowers officials to forcibly remove underwear to administer vaccine

Law enforcement has the legal power 'to remove anything (including underwear) that the relevant person is wearing' if it's determined that that person must be vaccinated.

WESTERN AUSTRALIA, September 24, 2020 (LifeSiteNews) — The state of Western Australia has legislated to allow police officers or other “authorised officers” to restrain individuals and, if deemed necessary, forcibly remove their underwear in order to administer a vaccine.

LifeSiteNews recently became aware of the legislation and is in communication with a number of residents of Western Australia who, until recently, were unaware of the extraordinary powers granted to the government in state law.

The so-called “reasonable force” includes the powers to:

(a) to apprehend and detain the person to whom the direction applies (the relevant person) and take the relevant person to a place where the person is required to undergo medical observation, medical examination or medical treatment or to be vaccinated in accordance with the direction; and

(b) to detain the relevant person at the place where he or she is required to undergo medical observation, medical examination or medical treatment or to be vaccinated in accordance with the direction; and

(c) to restrain the relevant person —

(i) to enable a medical observation, medical examination or medical treatment to be carried out; or

(ii) to enable the relevant person to be vaccinated;​
(d) to remove anything (including underwear) that the relevant person is wearing, if —

(i) the removal of the thing is reasonably necessary to enable a medical examination or medical treatment to be carried out or, as the case requires, to enable the person to be vaccinated; and

(ii) the relevant person is given a reasonable opportunity to remove the thing himself or herself, and refuses or fails to do so.​

On the Western Australia government website showing “Original Acts as passed” for Western Australian legislation, the text is included in the original 2016 Public Health Act. An updated version of the act as of September 12, 2020 is also available on the government website and includes the same text.

An Australian Broadcasting Corporation (ABC) “fact check” article on the issue was published in June this year when some social media–users first became aware of the legislation and raised alarm online.

The ABC article states that “[t]hese powers are only enforceable under a public health state of emergency, as was declared in Western Australia on 23 March 2020, in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.”

Dr. Rocco Loiacono, senior lecturer at the Curtin Law School in Western Australia, told LifeSiteNews that “there is no basis for any public health emergency since there has not been any community transmission of the virus in WA since early April!”

“The government should have declared the emergency over months ago,” Loiacono said, “but of course they will not now relinquish these newfound powers.”

Last month, Australian prime minister Scott Morrison announced that his government had made an agreement with the British pharmaceutical company Astrazeneca to supply Australians with their coronavirus vaccine for free, providing that the vaccine passes clinical trials. A few weeks after Morrison’s statement, worldwide trials for Astrazeneca’s coronavirus vaccine, which uses cell lines from an aborted baby, were temporarily stopped after a U.K. trial participant was taken ill.

Shortly after announcing the agreement with Astrazeneca, Morrison first said a coronavirus vaccine will be made “as mandatory as you can possibly make it” before quickly walking back the comments somewhat and saying the vaccine “is not going to be compulsory” and that “we can’t hold someone down and make them take it.”

Source: Australian state law empowers officials to forcibly remove underwear to administer vaccine

According to Snopes, LifeSiteNews is "a known purveyor of misleading information."[13] The Associated Press described the website as "ultraconservative."[14] In May 2019, Philip Pullela, in a Reuters article, wrote that the website "often is a platform for attacks on [Pope Francis]."[15] The LGBT magazine The Advocate has described LifeSiteNews as an anti-LGBT outlet, and criticised it for articles blaming clerical sex abuse, including that of children, on homosexuality.[16]Research has shown no evidence that sexual orientation affects the likelihood of a person's abusing children.[17][18]

Reactions: Jay Ross

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
According to Snopes, LifeSiteNews is "a known purveyor of misleading information."[13] The Associated Press described the website as "ultraconservative."[14] In May 2019, Philip Pullela, in a Reuters article, wrote that the website "often is a platform for attacks on [Pope Francis]."[15] The LGBT magazine The Advocate has described LifeSiteNews as an anti-LGBT outlet, and criticised it for articles blaming clerical sex abuse, including that of children, on homosexuality.[16]Research has shown no evidence that sexual orientation affects the likelihood of a person's abusing children.[17][18]
I don’t trust Snopes. Sounds like a liberal smear campaign against a conservative news site.

Tell us what the article I posted got wrong. Let’s hear it!

Last edited:
Reactions: historyb

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Last edited:
Reactions: historyb

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For me the Op was presenting "fake" news based on a "truthful" fact in the article but in a biased heavily negatively to support the views of the news presenter. I question what his motive was in this presentation.
I just now saw this post. I’m not being alerted to all the posts on this thread.

You say the article I posted in the OP is fake news, but you’re still not telling us SPECIFICALLY what the article got wrong about the law, which was passed in 2016 and updated on September 12, 2020. I gave you a link to the updated version of the law.

Here are some quotes from the updated version of the law called the Public Health Act, which was updated September 12, 2020, just like the article states. Read the law for yourself. The quotes from the law below sound like authority is given to law enforcement for forced vaccination of any citizen!!

Link to updated version:
https://www.legislation.wa.gov.au/legislation/prod/filestore.nsf/FileURL/mrdoc_43155.pdf/$FILE/Public Health Act 2016 - [00-k0-00].pdf?OpenElement

***I copied and pasted this from pages 101-102 of the updated Public Health Act (I added bolding, underlining and colors):

158. Enforcement of requirement to undergo medical observation, medical examination

(1) If an authorised officer gives a direction to a person under section 157(1)(j) to undergo medical observation, medical examination or medical treatment or to be vaccinated, an authorised officer or police officer may use reasonable force to ensure that the direction is complied with, including, if necessary —

(a) to apprehend and detain the person to whom the direction applies (the relevant person) and take the relevant person to a place where the person is required to undergo medical observation, medical examination or medical treatment or to be vaccinated in accordance with the direction; and

(b) to detain the relevant person at the place where he or she is required to undergo medical observation, medical examination or medical treatment or to be vaccinated in accordance with the direction; and

(c) to restrain the relevant person —

(i) to enable a medical observation, medical examination or medical treatment to be carried out; or

Version 00-k0-00 page 101 Published on www.legislation.wa.gov.au

As at 12 Sep 2020

Public Health Act 2016

Part 11 Division 2 s. 158

Serious public health incident powers Serious public health incident powers

(ii) to enable the relevant person to be vaccinated; and

to remove anything (including underwear) that the relevant person is wearing, if —

(i) the removal of the thing is reasonably necessary to enable a medical examination or medical treatment to be carried out or, as the case requires, to enable the person to be vaccinated; and

(ii) the relevant person is given a reasonable opportunity to remove the thing himself or herself, and refuses or fails to do so.

@Jay Ross

Based on this info from the law itself, would you like to retract what you said in this earlier post of yours?

The Laws being objected to were with respect to the vaccination of children in response to the antivac advocators within WA and was introduced in 2016 nearly four years before the pandemic and the complaint is that this measure to ensure that people are vaccinated in compliance with the state legislation should now be removed.

To me it seems that there are two issues being attacked in the OP article.

For me the Op was presenting "fake" news based on a "truthful" fact in the article but in a biased heavily negatively to support the views of the news presenter. I question what his motive was in this presentation.

Last edited:

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I just now saw this post. I’m not being alerted to all the posts on this thread.

I am sorry but I posted this comment in the thread and it is your responsibility to read my post and not mine or the administrators of this thread to notify you of that fact.

What you are indicating in your posts is that you want to be in control of your life and what happens around you.

This speaks volumes to those of us who have laughing matter to discern the bull from the reality, in this case, yours.

You are one of the reasons why people knock the USA and have no respect for the country or the people as a whole.

America has exported its immoral values, highly held within your country, around the world and then wonder why people cheered initially while they watching the televised 9/11 event nearly twenty years ago. That was the reaction I was told about in the third world country that I regularly visit. Sadly, I do not think it has changed much lately.

Twenty years ago, the Christian values being exported by the "American misfits/missionaries," was that the devil and his demons were hiding behind every rock and door and people had to be careful where they stepped because the devil and his demons could get them. They prayed a lot because of this fear that they had. They were even telling God what to do. They even asked God about me, but did not understand what God had told them, at that time, as to who I was in Christ.

Even though I have meet some great American people over the years, people like you, undo their work, in Christ, very quickly.

Now I am not the only one who has called the "News" site a bogus news source.

Good day Sir.

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am sorry but I posted this comment in the thread and it is your responsibility to read my post and not mine or the administrators of this thread to notify you of that fact.

What you are indicating in your posts is that you want to be in control of your life and what happens around you.

This speaks volumes to those of us who have laughing matter to discern the bull from the reality, in this case, yours.

You are one of the reasons why people knock the USA and have no respect for the country or the people as a whole.

America has exported its immoral values, highly held within your country, around the world and then wonder why people cheered initially while they watching the televised 9/11 event nearly twenty years ago. That was the reaction I was told about in the third world country that I regularly visit. Sadly, I do not think it has changed much lately.

Twenty years ago, the Christian values being exported by the "American misfits/missionaries," was that the devil and his demons were hiding behind every rock and door and people had to be careful where they stepped because the devil and his demons could get them. They prayed a lot because of this fear that they had. They were even telling God what to do. They even asked God about me, but did not understand what God had told them, at that time, as to who I was in Christ.

Even though I have meet some great American people over the years, people like you, undo their work, in Christ, very quickly.

Now I am not the only one who has called the "News" site a bogus news source.

Good day Sir.
Wow, this makes no sense whatsoever! Did you intend to post this in another thread???

Last edited:
Reactions: Brakelite

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Wow, this makes no sense whatsoever! Did you intend to post this in another thread???

I am not interested in your agenda or need to waste my time on your ignorance and bull as you have a flaw in your laughing matter which does not help you, at all.

Good Day Sir

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am not interested in your agenda or need to waste my time on your ignorance and bull as you have a flaw in your laughing matter which does not help you, at all.

Good Day Sir

Why are you being so hateful about my quoting from a dangerous law? I want to know about the laws of the U.S. I welcome info like this.

Good day to you, ma'am!

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Can I lift a quote from the series "Hogan's heroes," "Who is this man/woman." They are so annoying with their justifying bull of righteousness.

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can I lift a quote from the series "Hogan's heroes," "Who is this man/woman." They are so annoying with their justifying bull of righteousness.
Wow, Jay, I'm not sure how you can use the word "bull" with the word "righteousness." Or do you not know what that means?

Man, I honestly think you need help and I pray that you get it.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@Prayer Warrior

Thanks for helping me to pump up my number of posts. A little "trick" that I have learnt from another member, keep posting no matter what.

Do you know what I mean?

I think that it is time for this thread to be closed even though I did not start it, before it gets real silly.

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Prayer Warrior

Thanks for helping me to pump up my number of posts. A little "trick" that I have learnt from another member, keep posting no matter what.

Do you know what I mean?

I think that it is time for this thread to be closed even though I did not start it, before it gets real silly.
And how do you plan to close it, pray tell?? :)

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Prayer Warrior

Do you know what I mean?

Too late!

:p

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Interesting post. If it's fake news I think the masks with the compass and square symbol were a nice touch. I remember a news story from some time before the pandemic about a protest in Washington DC which was covered by US news outlets. However I needed to watch a foreign news outlet's report (I think it was BBC news) in order to see that the protesters were carrying banners that had pro communist and anti capitalist slogans. I heard no mention from the U.S. Outlets that the protest was communist sponsored. There's definitely a lot of filtering going on in our media, but I haven't a clue who is behind it. I've also been following Corona virus statistics closely since July on the Bing web pages. While I suppose that it's possible for new cases to spike for inexplicable reasons, the national data changed suddenly within the last few weeks, not just for that time period but for the previous two months, and without explanation. I don't believe that it's a coincidence given that our Democratic party decided to make the pandemic a political issue that they could lay at the feet of our current President, but then again, I do love a good conspiracy theory involving the ruler of this world and spiritual wickedness in high places.
People abroad may not be aware of it, but US news outlets have almost completely discontinued world news on television. Those of us who care about what's happening in the world have to search for overseas news on line and how exactly do you determine what's real and what isn't? I've tried using snopes to verify stories, but have found them incredibly unreliable. It seems that if something actually happened they have no information on it, but only have information on hoaxes. How is it that fact checking sites only have information on "fake news"?
Did you folks overseas know that the rioting and looting in America is being blamed upon our current President, yet the same activity is going on all over the world? Is it all Donald Trump's fault? Is he that much of an influence on the Earth's population? Or are we being conned on a monumental scale?
Do you folks overseas know that his political opponent promised in our presidential debate to use his executive powers to force other nations to comply with his idea of correct environmental accords?
I'd like to ask you all, " whose responsibility is it to expose the hidden things of darkness? " is it the news media? Is it our goverments? Is it kids in the streets with smart phones?
I've come to understand that some Christians here think that their God given purpose is to believe the Lord and be a well behaved spectator in life. Is that what it means to walk in good works prepared beforehand by the Lord?
When I was young and more than a little foolish I enlisted in the military and took an oath before God that I'm not inclined to willingly break, so it's fair to say that I have divided allegiances, but where is your allegiance? Who has the priority of your devotion, your strength, your mind? Is it your family, your friends or associates, your nation, or your God? I'm asking this rhetorically, not really for responses, but it seems like a time to have your priorities in order, to know who you believe and to believe who you know.
This weekend is a special Holy day, the beginning of sukkot or the feast of tabernacles. It's the only feast spoken of to be observed diligently in the "latter days. " It begins Friday at sundown and actually goes on for 10 days. In the law it was an observance of remembrance of Israel's deliverance from Egypt, their days spent dwelling in tents or booths in the wilderness. Perhaps it would be a good idea to spend some time in prayer and remembrance this weekend on our own deliverance from sin, from the life we lived before we called upon our Savior to deliver us, and the cost to Him. Just saying, it couldn't hurt.
Lord, let your Spirit be poured out upon your people in full measure, like the former and latter rains fill us with your Spirit in your grace and let your word blossom in our souls. Amen.

Reactions: Jay Ross