Oldest and Best, Really??

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Rockerduck

Nov 7, 2022
Marietta, Georgia.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello,
I used the Scofield KJB for many years and I saw many not understanding it when read. I spent more time explaining the scripture in bible studies; only to get confronted with " my bible version says this". Wasting time. I finally got the NKJ bible, and It a great translation. I wrote the KJ notes in the margin. If someone has a KJ bible they read from, I can follow it fine in the NKJ. In Sunday school classes women will most often use the ESV or NLT.

Reactions: RLT63

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello,
I used the Scofield KJB for many years and I saw many not understanding it when read. I spent more time explaining the scripture in bible studies; only to get confronted with " my bible version says this". Wasting time. I finally got the NKJ bible, and It a great translation. I wrote the KJ notes in the margin. If someone has a KJ bible they read from, I can follow it fine in the NKJ. In Sunday school classes women will most often use the ESV or NLT.
I agree it’s a great translation.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I’ve found the NET Bible full notes edition is a great study Bible. The notes are the most extensive I’ve ever seen.
What text source(s) did its translators use? I find it difficult to discover that bit of info.

That is one of the hidden deceptions about the NKJV. The publishers reveal its New Testament source was 'NU', which means the Nestle-Aland text (of which there have been 28 editions showing corruption of the text), and the 'U' stands for the United Bible Studies translation, both of which are based on Wescott and Hort's new Greek text of 1881, and NOT the Traditional Majority text which the ORIGINAL KJV used.

That is why the NKJV reads differently in many places compared to the original KJV, and also why the NKJV omits... many words and phrases that are in the Majority Greek texts used for the original KJV. This means the NKJV is basically hoax. It's not even a translation from the SAME texts used for the original KJV Bible!

So I suspect likewise for the NET Bible, it's just another Bible like the many later Bible versions that use Wescott and Hort's corrupt Greek text of 1881.

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What text source(s) did its translators use? I find it difficult to discover that bit of info.

That is one of the hidden deceptions about the NKJV. The publishers reveal its New Testament source was 'NU', which means the Nestle-Aland text (of which there have been 28 editions showing corruption of the text), and the 'U' stands for the United Bible Studies translation, both of which are based on Wescott and Hort's new Greek text of 1881, and NOT the Traditional Majority text which the ORIGINAL KJV used.

That is why the NKJV reads differently in many places compared to the original KJV, and also why the NKJV omits... many words and phrases that are in the Majority Greek texts used for the original KJV. This means the NKJV is basically hoax. It's not even a translation from the SAME texts used for the original KJV Bible!

So I suspect likewise for the NET Bible, it's just another Bible like the many later Bible versions that use Wescott and Hort's corrupt Greek text of 1881.
The Textus Receptus was the source for the NT in the NKJV. New King James Version - Wikipedia

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Textus Receptus was the source for the NT in the NKJV. New King James Version - Wikipedia
Wikipedia is a secular educational website. Their sources are going to be biased or uninformed at times that would attack the true Word of God (Seeing the spirit behind Wikipedia is one of this world and not of God) (Important Note: The founder of Wikipedia named Jimmy Wales is an atheist, who has been divorced two times, and he is considered one of the top influencers in the world). Anyways, the alterations in the NKJV are gross and wrong and they DO favor the Modern versions (Which are based on the Critical Text and not the Textus Receptus).

Again, this article below here refutes your favoring the NKJV as your base (Along with your looking to the Majority Text). The main editor of the NKJV (Who is passed away) held to the Majority Text position. But he was not faithful to the Textus Receptus by any means and he points to the NU (Nestle & Aland Critical Text) in the NKJV.

Again, I beg of you to read this article very carefully and put aside your beliefs for a moment and just be objective with the facts.

©1982 NKJV actually encourage their readers to alter it as they see fit. Here’s what they said:

It was the editors’ conviction that the use of footnotes would encourage further inquiry by readers. They also recognized that it was easier for the average reader to delete something he or she felt was not properly a part of the text, than to insert a word or phrase which had been left out by the revisers.[15]

So… you can become God in being able to edit God’s Word as you see fit (Deleting and or adding as you see fit) involving God’s Word. This right here should make you throw your NKJV if you rely on it as your base. It’s not trustworthy for this reason.

Also, check out this article here:

Side Note:

I actually, don’t have much of an opinion about the Majority Text. Some KJB Onlyists like David W. Daniels believe the Majority Text is a fake or fraud. You can read the article here as to why he believes so. He says this is tied to those who are for the NKJV.

Like Davy in the OP: Dr. Gene Kim believes the Majority Text is just another name for the Byzantine Text or the line of manuscripts that was used in the translation of the King James Bible. Some may think it was used by Erasmus, and others believe it was used by the translators of the KJB.

Dr. Gene Kim’s explanation in this video is best, though.

Side Note:

Perhaps Dr. Gene Kim is arguing for the TRUE Majority Text or Received Text and not the one mentioned by Textual Critics.

Last edited:

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@RLT63

I do realize that there are KJB Onlyists that I disagree with strongly on other things. Some I consider to be overly hateful and or extremely unloving (Which to me means they have not been born again or they have lost their way). But I have seen this in the Modern Translation or Textual Critic camp, too. I am also not KJB Only in the sense that I tell others not to read other Modern Translations. I actually believe a Christian MUST use Modern Translations to update the archaic wording in the KJB. But seeing there are a lot of false doctrines and errors in Modern Bibles, they cannot be a believer’s final word of authority. This would unfortunately include the corrupted NKJV translation, as well. The KJB is my core foundation or base. It is my final Word of authority, and I believe it to be the perfect Word of God for today. Hence, why I prefer to call myself “Core KJB” and not KJB Only.

Anyways, I believe the Core KJB position in my view is true because…

#1. Having a perfect Bible that is preserved for all generations can be supported biblically (And we see copies of Scripture were preserved as mentioned in the book of Jeremiah, and in Deuteronomy).
#2. Changes are for the worse and not for the better when comparing Modern Bibles vs. the KJB.
#3. The unique time in history and the blood of the saints led to the KJB which is unlike Modern Bibles.
#4. Biblical numerics confirm the divine nature of the KJB just like it does with the copies of manuscripts in the original languages (Which are not found in Modern English bibles).​

So I see the ignoring of the supremacy or at least the unique high position of the KJB as burying one’s hand in the sand (Especially when we carefully look at all the facts objectively instead of latching on to the minds of Textual Critics instead).

There are going to be people who just have a hate on for the KJB for their own personal reasons and so they will set out to attack it for those reasons and they close their mind to any evidence presented.

Last edited:

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@RLT63

I think there are two versions (or viewpoints) of what makes up the Majority Text. The real Majority Text would be the Byzantine Text that aligns with the KJB. It would be the many manuscripts that support the KJB. When you talk to a Critical Text Proponent, they look at the Majority Text as being something else (That favors Textual Criticism).

Will Kinney (Brandplucked) refutes the false version of the Majority Text put forth by Textual Critics.

But again, I think there are two Majority Texts. One that is traditional and the other one that is more recently invented to favor the Textual Critic camp.

David Cloud (Textus Receptus Only Proponent) says:

“The fact is that the Received Text underlying the esteemed and mightily used Reformation Bibles is represented in the majority of existing Greek manuscripts, quotations from ancient church leaders, and ancient Bible translations. This is why the Received Text has commonly been called the “majority text” (though that term has been usurped in recent years by the Hodges-Farstad-Thomas Nelson Greek New Testament of 1982). Textual authorities admit that of the more than 5,200 existing Greek manuscripts, 99% contain the common traditional ecclesiastical or Received Text.”

Source:

David Cloud had read hundreds of books on the KJB vs. the Textual Criticism issue. So he is really well read and learned on this topic. He views the KJB as the closest we have to a perfect Bible and it should be taught from with authority.

Last edited:

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wikipedia is a secular educational website. Their sources are going to be biased or uninformed at times that would attack the true Word of God (Seeing the spirit behind Wikipedia is one of this world and not of God) (Important Note: The founder of Wikipedia named Jimmy Wales is an atheist, who has been divorced two times, and he is considered one of the top influencers in the world). Anyways, the alterations in the NKJV are gross and wrong and they DO favor the Modern versions (Which are based on the Critical Text and not the Textus Receptus).

Again, this article below here refutes your favoring the NKJV as your base (Along with your looking to the Majority Text). The main editor of the NKJV (Who is passed away) held to the Majority Text position. But he was not faithful to the Textus Receptus by any means and he points to the NU (Nestle & Aland Critical Text) in the NKJV.

Again, I beg of you to read this article very carefully and put aside your beliefs for a moment and just be objective with the facts.

©1982 NKJV actually encourage their readers to alter it as they see fit. Here’s what they said:

So… you can become God in being able to edit God’s Word as you see fit (Deleting and or adding as you see fit) involving God’s Word. This right here should make you throw your NKJV if you rely on it as your base. It’s not trustworthy for this reason.

Also, check out this article here:

Side Note:

I actually, don’t have much of an opinion about the Majority Text. Some KJB Onlyists like David W. Daniels believe the Majority Text is a fake or fraud. You can read the article here as to why he believes so. He says this is tied to those who are for the NKJV.

Like Davy in the OP: Dr. Gene Kim believes the Majority Text is just another name for the Byzantine Text or the line of manuscripts that was used in the translation of the King James Bible. Some may think it was used by Erasmus, and others believe it was used by the translators of the KJB.

Dr. Gene Kim’s explanation in this video is best, though.

Side Note:

Perhaps Dr. Gene Kim is arguing for the TRUE Majority Text or Received Text and not the one mentioned by Textual Critics.

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This article prefers the NKJV and NAS95. However, the article does not address the gross errors of the NKJV that I presented in my article (even though it admits that the NKJV is not even a perfect translation). But again, the article does not explain the gross misleading errors in the NKJV that is false doctrine that can lead a person to think the wrong thing about the faith. The article also appears to refer to the originals were perfect, and inspired. So according to this article: There is no perfect Bible today. Therefore, the READER has to decide what the Word of God is to fill in the gaps based on what they believe is the best manuscripts when the reader cannot really possibly know Biblical Hebrew and Biblical Greek like original authors did. The article is basically saying no perfect Bible exists and it can only exist by your own human effort to piece together what God possibly said.

The article does not also address the problem of the footnotes in the NKJV, as well (Which can mislead a person to trust the Nestle & Land text - Critical Text). The article fails to understand that even the NKJV subtly favors the Critical Text not only by doing this with the footnotes but it also does so in the text itself (Departing from the Tradition Text, i.e. Received Text, or the Textus Receptus).

Berean Patriot Article said:
Textual Criticism” is the art of reconstructing a lost manuscript from multiple surviving copies of the original manuscript.

Please show me in God’s Word where the prophets and the apostles thought the same way. They didn’t. God’s people according to Scripture never sought to compile the lost words of God in order to have a perfect Word. They already had the perfect words from God and they just believed them. In fact, God’s Word says that His words would not pass away. In one form or another we always had His words that would be perfect. Every word of God is pure. The problem with Textual Criticism thinking (that says only the originals were perfect) is that you can spend your whole life trying to reconstruct what God said by trying to learn the languages and trying to find the best manuscripts when God would rather have you to get busy believing what His Word says and in obeying what it says. This is the deception of Textual Criticism in that it wastes your time to find the Bible when we already have it.

Life is short and don’t waste your time trying to piece together what God said.
Just as God’s people in Scripture are recorded as having His word, we should expect God does not change and is not a respecter of persons and He provided His words for us today, too.

In addition, the KJB says His words are in a book on multiple occasions.
This means His Word is not existing in thousands of manuscripts.
The Bible does not teach His Word exists amongst piecing together thousands of manuscripts.
Again, YOU the reader must decide what is true and what is not true in God’s Word.
YOU become the authority ultimately when you are trying to piece together what God said.

Berean Patriot Article said:
The best Bible translation is the one that changes God’s words the least in the translation process.

But how would you know which translation changes God’s Word the least if you don’t have a perfect Bible to compare it with?
So the reasoning in this point is flawed.

The Berean Patriot article also mentions a Bible Translation Philosophies Chart that points to the differences between a word for word translation, a thought for thought translation, and a paraphrase translation.

While I am aware there do appear to be these differences, the chart is ultimately a pointless exercise because this is man’s way or approach still of trying to find the Word of God when we already have it. There is no need to try and piece together what God said and waste our entire lives in that process when we should be busy simply in believing God’s Word by faith and obeying it.

The Berean Patriot also criticizes the KJB based on its presupposition that there is no perfect Bible in existence:
Again, if you have no perfect Bible, then how do you know what is correct or wrong to begin with?

The article criticizes the KJB for using “sons” instead of “children.”
But sons and children mean the same thing.
So this is what I would call straining out gnats.
But the article favors the NKJV when there are again vomit worthy changes in the NKJV as shown in the article I provided (that Berean Patriot does not address).

The Berean Patriot article also criticizes the KJB for not using the word “hades.”
However, word hades is actually defined as a mythical place.

Again, this article addresses this.
(Note: Again, keep in mind that I do not share Will Kinney’s viewpoint that the Lake of Fire as being a place of eternal punishment).

The Berean Patriot article also addresses the KJB’s archaic language as being a problem.

But Jesus spoke in parables and He said, “Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given.” (Matthew 13:11).

In fact, Jesus opened the understanding of the Scriptures to the two disciples on the road to Emmaus.
Why would Jesus need to do that if clarity of the Scriptures was to be read like a novel or children’s book?

Yes, I believe God wants us to use Modern English Translations so as to help update the 1600’s English in the KJB, but yet the Modern bibles cannot be our final word of authority because they change doctrines, and water down the deity of Christ, the blood atonement, etcetera. It is also equally problematic to go on quest to act like you know the original languages or to find the right manuscripts to piece together God’s Word wasting your whole life in search for His perfect Word when again… you can just live by faith in His Word today.

The Berean Patriot article also recommends or praises the NASB 95 as being one of the best translations.
However, they are being contradictory by saying this. How so?
Well, the author appears to favor 1 John 5:7 (of which he supported in another article he wrote), and yet 1 John 5:7 is the only one that explains the Godhead (Trinity) which is removed in the NASB 95. The NASB is also based on the Critical Text or the Nestle and Aland Text. This is within the sea of the other Modern Translations that all corrupt God’s Word on a massive and sick level. Please refer back to my Post #820 of the other thread to see what doctrines are changed in Modern Bibles (That you did not address). You act like the NASB and NKJV are free from error, and yet they are not. The textual basis upon which they rest is corrupt.

These are big elephants in the room that the Berean Patriot article is not addressing.
They do not even know that the translations they think are best are based on corrupted work by those who were into Catholicism.
The Nestle and Aland was supervised by the Vatican. A FACT (you can check for yourself).
The Nestle and Aland is based to a great degree on Westcott and Hort’s work.
Westcott and Hort had expressed their disdain for evangelicalism and their favor of Catholic practices.
Alexandrian manuscripts were used for most all Modern Translations.
Alexandria is the birth place of Arianism (Which is why we see an attack on the Trinity and the deity of Christ in Modern Bibles).

Last edited:

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This article prefers the NKJV and NAS95. However, the article does not address the gross errors of the NKJV that I presented in my article (even though it admits that the NKJV is not even a perfect translation). But again, the article does not explain the gross misleading errors in the NKJV that is false doctrine that can lead a person to think the wrong thing about the faith. The article also appears to refer to the originals were perfect, and inspired. So according to this article: There is no perfect Bible today. Therefore, the READER has to decide what the Word of God is to fill in the gaps based on what they believe is the best manuscripts when the reader cannot really possibly know Biblical Hebrew and Biblical Greek like original authors did. The article is basically saying no perfect Bible exists and it can only exist by your own human effort to piece together what God possibly said.

The article does not also address the problem of the footnotes in the NKJV, as well (Which can mislead a person to trust the Nestle & Land text - Critical Text). The article fails to understand that even the NKJV subtly favors the Critical Text not only by doing this with the footnotes but it also does so in the text itself (Departing from the Tradition Text, i.e. Received Text, or the Textus Receptus).

Please show me in God’s Word where the prophets and the apostles thought the same way. They didn’t. God’s people according to Scripture never sought to compile the lost words of God in order to have a perfect Word. They already had the perfect words from God and they just believed them. In fact, God’s Word says that His words would not pass away. In one form or another we always had His words that would be perfect. Every word of God is pure. The problem with Textual Criticism thinking (that says only the originals were perfect) is that you can spend your whole life trying to reconstruct what God said by trying to learn the languages and trying to find the best manuscripts when God would rather have you to get busy believing what His Word says and in obeying what it says. This is the deception of Textual Criticism in that it wastes your time to find the Bible when we already have it.

Life is short and don’t waste your time trying to piece together what God said.
Just as God’s people in Scripture are recorded as having His word, we should expect God does not change and is not a respecter of persons and He provided His words for us today, too.

In addition, the KJB says His words are in a book on multiple occasions.
This means His Word is not existing in thousands of manuscripts.
The Bible does not teach His Word exists amongst piecing together thousands of manuscripts.
Again, YOU the reader must decide what is true and what is not true in God’s Word.
YOU become the authority ultimately when you are trying to piece together what God said.

But how would you know which translation changes God’s Word the least if you don’t have a perfect Bible to compare it with?
So the reasoning in this point is flawed.

The Berean Patriot article also mentions a Bible Translation Philosophies Chart that points to the differences between a word for word translation, a thought for thought translation, and a paraphrase translation.

While I am aware there do appear to be these differences, the chart is ultimately a pointless exercise because this is man’s way or approach still of trying to find the Word of God when we already have it. There is no need to try and piece together what God said and waste our entire lives in that process when we should be busy simply in believing God’s Word by faith and obeying it.

The Berean Patriot also criticizes the KJB based on its presupposition that there is no perfect Bible in existence:
Again, if you have no perfect Bible, then how do you know what is correct or wrong to begin with?

The article criticizes the KJB for using “sons” instead of “children.”
But sons and children mean the same thing.
So this is what I would call straining out gnats.
But the article favors the NKJV when there are again vomit worthy changes in the NKJV as shown in the article I provided (that Berean Patriot does not address).

The Berean Patriot article also criticizes the KJB for not using the word “hades.”
However, word hades is actually defined as a mythical place.

Again, this article addresses this.
(Note: Again, keep in mind that I do not share Will Kinney’s viewpoint that the Lake of Fire as being a place of eternal punishment).

The Berean Patriot article also addresses the KJB’s archaic language as being a problem.

But Jesus spoke in parables and He said, “Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given.” (Matthew 13:11).

In fact, Jesus opened the understanding of the Scriptures to the two disciples on the road to Emmaus.
Why would Jesus need to do that if clarity of the Scriptures was to be read like a novel or children’s book?

Yes, I believe God wants us to use Modern English Translations so as to help update the 1600’s English in the KJB, but yet the Modern bibles cannot be our final word of authority because they change doctrines, and water down the deity of Christ, the blood atonement, etcetera. It is also equally problematic to go on quest to act like you know the original languages or to find the right manuscripts to piece together God’s Word wasting your whole life in search for His perfect Word when again… you can just live by faith in His Word today.

The Berean Patriot article also recommends or praises the NASB 95 as being one of the best translations.
However, they are being contradictory by saying this. How so?
Well, the author appears to favor 1 John 5:7 (of which he supported in another article he wrote), and yet 1 John 5:7 is the only one that explains the Godhead (Trinity) which is removed in the NASB 95. The NASB is also based on the Critical Text or the Nestle and Aland Text. This is within the sea of the other Modern Translations that all corrupt God’s Word on a massive and sick level. Please refer back to my Post #820 of the other thread to see what doctrines are changed in Modern Bibles (That you did not address). You act like the NASB and NKJV are free from error, and yet they are not. The textual basis upon which they rest is corrupt.

These are big elephants in the room that the Berean Patriot article is not addressing.
They do not even know that the translations they think are best are based on corrupted work by those who were into Catholicism.
The Nestle and Aland was supervised by the Vatican. A FACT (you can check for yourself).
The Nestle and Aland is based to a great degree on Westcott and Hort’s work.
Westcott and Hort had expressed their disdain for evangelicalism and their favor of Catholic practices.
Alexandrian manuscripts were used for most all Modern Translations.
Alexandria is the birth place of Arianism (Which is why we see an attack on the Trinity and the deity of Christ in Modern Bibles).
Thank you for taking the time to read the article and address it.

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
New Age Teachings are Taught in Modern Bibles:

#1. God is a Spirit is changed to God is Spirit.

John 4:24 KJB
“God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.”

John 4:24 NKJV
“God is Spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth.”

In the KJB, God is A Spirit. God is a Spirit being. He is a Spirit above all spirit beings. But in Modern bibles, this is changed to how God is like the essence of all Spirit or all spiritual things by removing the indefinite article of “a” in the KJB. This kind of thinking is more in line with the New Age in that God is like some kind of spiritual force and not a person (sort of like the force in Star Wars).

#2. A divine sentence is in the lips of the king is changed to: Divination is on the lips of a king.

Proverbs 16:10 KJB
“A divine sentence is in the lips of the king: his mouth transgresseth not in judgment.”

Proverbs 16:10 NKJV
“Divination is on the lips of the king; His mouth must not transgress in judgment.”

#3. A precious stone is changed to a magic stone or lucky charm.

Proverbs 17:8 KJB
“A gift is as a precious stone in the eyes of him that hath it: whithersoever it turneth, it prospereth.”

Proverbs 17:8 ESV
“A bribe is like a magic stone in the eyes of the one who gives it; wherever he turns he prospers.”

Proverbs 17:8 NLT
“A bribe is like a lucky charm; whoever gives one will prosper!”

#4. A sound heart (i.e. right heart) is changed to a tranquil mind or a quiet mind.

Proverbs 14:30 KJB
“A sound heart is the life of the flesh: but envy the rottenness of the bones.”

Proverbs 14:30 NASB
“A tranquil mind gives life to the body, but jealousy rots the bones.”

Proverbs 14:30 BBE (Bible in Basic English)
“A quiet mind is the life of the body, but envy is a disease in the bones.”

#5. The Spirit of adoption is changed to “a spirit of adoption.”

Romans 8:15 (KJB)
“For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.”

Romans 8:15 NASB 1995
“For you have not received a spirit of slavery leading to fear again, but you have received a spirit of adoption as sons by which we cry out, “Abba! Father!”

#6. Matthew 11:3, & Luke 7:19 refer to the New Agers “The Coming One.”

Matthew 11:3 (KJB)
“And said unto him, Art thou he that should come, or do we look for another?”

Matthew 11:3 (NKJV)
“and said to Him, “Are You the Coming One, or do we look for another?””

Luke 7:19 (KJB)
“And John calling unto him two of his disciples sent them to Jesus, saying, Art thou he that should come? or look we for another?”

Luke 7:19 (ISV)
“and sent them to the Lord to ask, "Are you the Coming One, or should we wait for someone else?"”

The New Age Movement and the occult are longing for one called the Maitreya. New Ager’s refer to him as the “the Coming One” - AND SO DOES THE NKJV and ISV! In Luke 7:19-20 (see also Matt 11:3) John told his disciples to ask Jesus: “Are You THE COMING ONE. . .” In the “The Great Invocation,” a “prayer” highly reverenced among New Agers and chanted to “invoke” the Maitreya, says, “Let Light and Love and Power and Death, Fulfill the purpose of the Coming One.”

Side Note 1:

Some of my fellow KJV Only brethren will bring up how the word “Godhead” is changed to “Divine Nature” in Acts 17:29, Romans 1:20, and Colossians 2:9 in attempt to say that this is referring to the “divine nature” in the New Age Movement. In fact, at one point in time, I also believed this way, too; However, God brought to my attention a particular verse that refutes this line of thinking. Again, while I believe it is wrong that these verses are changed in the Bible (the KJB), the words, “divine nature” do appear in 2 Peter 1:4. So this is not a good argument to say that these verses are referring exclusively to the New Age (Seeing the King James Bible also has these words, too).

Side Note 2:

Also, the MSG Translation (Message Bible) pushes the New Age big time.

Psalms 8:5 in the Message Bible says, “Yet we’ve so narrowly missed being gods,…” (Psalms 8:5) (MSG).
However, the King James Bible correctly says,
“For thou hast made him a little lower than the angels,…” (Psalms 8:5) (KJB).
This is a Messianic reference and the Message Translation obviously blows it big time pushing it’s New Age agenda.

Colossians 2:10 in the Message Bible says,
“You don’t need a telescope, a microscope, or a horoscope to realize the fullness of Christ” (Colossians 2:10) (MSG).
However, the King James Bible correctly says,
“And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power:” (Colossians 2:10) (KJB).
Adds the word “horoscope” as if it was similar to a telescope and or microscope. Again, there is nothing in Scripture to say that it is wrong to use a telescope or microscope. Yet, we know that horoscopes are of the New Age. So the Message Bible is trying to blur the lines of truth here.

Last edited:

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have been lied to. The original Word of God does... exist. And I will doubt anyone's sincerity who thinks differently, because thinking God didn't preserve His Word like He said He would is only trying to create a way to try and change His Word, and that is exactly what modern NT revisers like Wescott and Hort meant with claiming God's Word is not verbally inspired.
You are seriously mistaken and believe the propaganda about the KJV, and Wescott and Hort. That arguement has been disproved over and over. We have a wonderful choice of many excellent translations today, most of them based on the best available texts -- more than existed in the early 1600s -- as well as excellent work by groups of qualified scholars.

Why not join the 21st Century in your approach to God's word and stop the false self-righteousness associated with a single translation created to bolster a secular king's authority?

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are seriously mistaken and believe the propaganda about the KJV, and Wescott and Hort. That arguement has been disproved over and over. We have a wonderful choice of many excellent translations today, most of them based on the best available texts -- more than existed in the early 1600s -- as well as excellent work by groups of qualified scholars.

Why not join the 21st Century in your approach to God's word and stop the false self-righteousness associated with a single translation created to bolster a secular king's authority?
Why does it have to be one or the other? Why can’t we like the KJV and the many other translations?

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
While I believe Christians should use Modern Translations to help update what the KJB says at times, the Modern Bibles cannot be our final Word of authority because they change doctrines. Only ONE Bible can be our final word of authority and not many. Also, because Modern Bibles change doctrine, they are by default not good translations.

The NKJV actually encourages the reader to add or delete something he or she felt was not properly a part of the text.

Here is page 1235 in the 1982 NKJV Edition.

full

Notice what it says above on the page. It says that it leaves it up to the reader to decide to delete something he or she felt was not properly a part of the text. So the reader gets to decide in altering God's Word? Really? :rolleyes: Revelation 22:18-19 warns against adding or taking away from God's words. Do the editors of the NKJV who wrote this even know this passage? o_O Note: Even if you wanted this to apply to the book of Revelation alone, this still does not help you because Modern bibles remove and add words from the book of Revelation.

Last edited:

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
While I believe Christians should use Modern Translations to help update what the KJB says at times, the Modern Bibles cannot be our final Word of authority because they change doctrines. Only ONE Bible can be our final word of authority and not many. Also, because Modern Bibles change doctrine, they are by default not good translations.

The NKJV actually encourages the reader to add or delete something he or she felt was not properly a part of the text.

Here is page 1235 in the 1982 NKJV Edition.

full

Notice what it says above on the page. It says that it leaves it up to the reader to decide to delete something he or she felt was not properly a part of the text. So the reader gets to decide in altering God's Word? Really? :rolleyes: Revelation 22:18-19 warns against adding or taking away from God's words. Do the editors of the NKJV who wrote this even know this passage? o_O Note: Even if you wanted this to apply to the book of Revelation alone, this still does not help you because Modern bibles remove and add words from the book of Revelation.
I have never read anything in the NKJV that I would consider deleting. Unlike other modern versions they included verses that are in dispute and provided footnotes to explain what was disputed. I don’t think more information is a bad thing.