On Dying

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
yes, pain is not the natural state, and should be understood for what it is, a sign that change is needed

:D yes, Like "Oh Lord take it away or get me the....out of here!!!"

truthquest

May 23, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@amadeus Thank you for the info I will check it out for sure...it may come in handy at some point...it never hurts to have some extra weapon at hand. :)
I can see now why I yelled, cried, and moaned through out my babies births back in the sixties... I had not heard of any of those techniques!
I yelled and cried with the first childbirth. But the second one I learned that if I could relax my whole body as completely and totally as possible, that the pain was much more bearable, sort of like mind over matter.
The tensing up that we tend to do when we feel the pain actually makes the pain worse during childbirth. The tensing up works against and slows down the whole process of childbirth.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@amadeus Thank you for the info I will check it out for sure...it may come in handy at some point...it never hurts to have some extra weapon at hand. :)
I can see now why I yelled, cried, and moaned through out my babies births back in the sixties... I had not heard of any of those techniques!
You should talk to my wife about it sometime. She is really our family doctor for her and me. She really should have gone to medical school except it probably would have ruined her. She can diagnose better than most of the medical doctors available from what I have been able to see unless it is something simply where any wise person can do it. But... if medicine is really needed while she may know what is the best thing to take, they won't let her prescribe. Something about a license.

Reactions: Helen

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
death comes to us all, but i am seeing that it is really about how much life we actually lived before then that is telling. An active 90 year old, still got their juice, dying in their sleep, peacefully, just presents a different image than...the physical deaths that are becoming more prevalent today, and the lives that predicated those deaths, imo.
Without a doubt. People may realize that an overlapping or shadow effect or whatever that exists between our carnal life of flesh and bone versus the new Life that Jesus brought. But often it seems that they want to draw too sharp of a line between here [present time & place of the flesh] and there [somewhere in an afterlife over yonder] without no necessary building or growing phase in between.

In a sense the line is that sharp, but really the two are closer together than that, at least in how we should be considering them and living them. Even if we have met Jesus, we still must fulfill our obligation here in order to finally cross over. Some people will condemn this as works but I see it as part of God's plan for those who are to make to the "face to face" point. If we don't do it, we never truly be able to say "it is finished" for ourselves and we really should never expect to hear the words "Well done, thou good and faithful servant".

Iow the actual death is not relevant--except to us--as physical death is meaningless to God; it is the life that should be relevant, even the life of the flesh. Flesh is not evil, as is broadly believed; flesh thinking is. This pov that we are all going to be able to walk through walls in the New Jerusalem is misguided, imo

Yes, the natural death is relevant to us, but while God does also recognize that He is not likely to interfere with the primary working of His plan for our benefit. He does at times intervene and at times answers prayers for physical healing and even for things which looked at things really objectively [if anyone can do that], we would wonder why He would do that? Still anyone who has unanswered important prayers [important to them anyway] must eventually come to realize that there really is a much bigger plan in the works than any of us is able to comprehend. Some even who read these words, or me as well, may still ask for things that He simply is not going to allow. What is amiss [as per James 4:3]?

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
see, i perceive that you got a lot of likes for this, but imo "the flesh will die" is being looked forward to, a la "we are confident, i tell you, and wish that we were already dead and partying with Jesus," when the "flesh" was sposed to "die" way before the physical death, see. The New Man should be providing us with opportunities to live "life, more abundantly" right now, imo.

We mouth that we do not know what we will become, see, but we really believe that we know what we will become, in that pov, imo
Amen to that! Even those who have seen some of this will still act at times as if they did not. Yours truly will likely also be guilty. We have a preconceived notion at least in part as to what is good, but we really do not know. While the old man lives at all in us, we can quench the Holy Spirit and walk down our own pathway.

Reactions: bbyrd009

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good post.
I can't say I am looking to the flesh physically dying...if it's quick I would fight it at my age.
My dad was 90, sick with his heart and very much looking forward to be able to breath again ( however or if ever one breathes when the flesh has gone)

I can 'see' the old man ( literal flesh) getting weaker...and I can get all religious about 'the inner spiritual man hopefully getting stronger'
But, because I am honest I cannot in all truth see that my spiritual man has increased, and my flesh ( old) man has decreased since 1964!

They are good words...and words that we all as christians know should be experiencing to be happening...but in truth, I can't see it in myself, or in others!!! We all seem as we have always been.
There, ...I've said it!

But... I have seen it Helen in you. You are perhaps looking in the wrong places and with the wrong eyes. Sometimes I believe God will keep the blinders on us for His purposes. Maybe it is for your own good. Many people focus on a time soon coming when people will be healing regularly physical problems like what we think we see when we read the four gospel accounts.

Don't concern yourself on what you cannot see or understand, but simply continue to seek what you are supposed to continue to seek. Leave the rest in His hands and simply allow yourself to always be available to Him if and when He should call on you:

"But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.
Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof." Matt 6:33-34

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
I yelled and cried with the first childbirth. But the second one I learned that if I could relax my whole body as completely and totally as possible, that the pain was much more bearable, sort of like mind over matter.
The tensing up that we tend to do when we feel the pain actually makes the pain worse during childbirth. The tensing up works against and slows down the whole process of childbirth.
worth a review, ya

34Who then is the one who condemns?
speaks to this maybe

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
People may realize that an overlapping or shadow effect or whatever that exists between our carnal life of flesh and bone versus the new Life that Jesus brought.
ha, no one is talking about two sticks being joined yet, or at least if they are i can't find them, i read they are perpendicular, i read they are joined in E's hand in a line, i read all kindsa things lol

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
"eager to do it my way" is what i get from Peter...Paul is who you are describing more to me

Peter, like all of us had to learn what God wanted of him and to learn how to do it.
He shows that God uses all of us not just the clever, controlled planners but the implusive, the shy and the ordinary.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Can you elaborate on that?
ha ya, sry, barely made sense to me too lol.

um, briefly, your first birth is a proxy for the labor pains of Romans 8, which is in code for a reason, but suffice it to say perhaps that there is no one, the same person who caused you all the stress, which nonetheless comes from someone, right

Last edited:
Reactions: truthquest

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ha, no one is talking about two sticks being joined yet, or at least if they are i can't find them, i read they are perpendicular, i read they are joined in E's hand in a line, i read all kindsa things lol
We read many things in scripture and so do other people. Reading sometimes even from the same translations two people still disagree. In spite of this few are willing to admit that they might wrong and the other guy right. Maybe both are wrong and then again maybe both are right. How can we know? If we can it is because God lets us know:

"And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.
And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven." Matt 16:16-17

A lot of people have read the same thing about Jesus in scripture, but still would not or could not give witness to as Peter did. Yet, people keep on insisting that the resolution to the difficulties or differences between people is in the written scriptures. It may be there but so are other possibilities and thus we see a multitude of contradictory beliefs all based on scripture.

Reactions: mjrhealth

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Yet, people keep on insisting that the resolution to the difficulties or differences between people is in the written scriptures.
ha, hilarious, innit. "Here is a sword, to resolve all our differences" kinda has a poetic truth to it though anyway, huh.

Of course the resolution is in There too i guess
It may be there but so are other possibilities and thus we see a multitude of contradictory beliefs all based on scripture.
ha, cue @mjrhealth

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country

worth a review, ya

34Who then is the one who condemns?
speaks to this maybe
ah so the change you experienced between 1 and 2 is a proxy, ya ya you changed your mind
and Romans 8 (labor pains) is a formula, see, is what it is

interpret Romans 8 for someone, and you aRE oops laid open
by where you put...no one and some one

Last edited:
Reactions: truthquest

truthquest

May 23, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ah so the change you experienced between 1 and 2 is a proxy, ya ya you changed your mind
and Romans 8 (labor pains) is a formula, see, is what it is

interpret Romans 8 for someone, and you aRE oops laid open
by where you put...no one and some one
Maybe the neurons in my brain aren't firing off and making connections as they should because I can't seem to grasp what you're saying.
I would say that I knew nothing about childbirth the first time and didn't know what to do or what to expect. But the second one, yes, I knew somehow what I should do to make it a much less painful experience. Part of that was to pay attention to my body and to understand what it was trying to accomplish with the birth process so I decided to not fight against that like I did with the first childbirth and sort of let the natural thing occur, which usually works unless there are unexpected complications.

Reactions: Helen