On Dying

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

truthquest

May 23, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
wow, both of you have? interesting. both had NDEs, but no 'near birth experiences,' at least for you as a 19 year old? pretty well describes me too lol

telling, imo. but don't take that wrong
Well my husband went much further in his NDE than I did. It took the doctors thirty minutes to get his heart to beat again. With me, my blood pressure crashed down extremely low so they had to get it back up.

Last edited:

truthquest

May 23, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ha, that just happens to be an area i'm strong in i guess, dad got squirrels to come sit in his lap wherever we lived, etc. Bears are harmless if they aren't hungry or pissed
Bears are always hungry just like sharks. :)

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Bears are always hungry just like sharks. :)
ya, well, they'll never turn down a meal, sure, and candy omg a bear will be your bi...a bear turns into a puppy for candy lol, but i wouldn't be feeding bears either that can complicate things, but the point is that a bear not moaning and groaning is a bear not starving, and sharks can be petted too, there's YT for both i think
petting sharks - YouTube
see the bear's react to the changed mind, see, and good luck hitting this guy or hurting him while a bear is around, too lol

unfortunately as the vid makes clear, this is not the initial meeting, which goes differently. If you are going to feed a bear be prepared to give him all of the food, and i don't recommend this thing going on here fwiw, letting bears associate ppl with food is a bad idea imo

Last edited:

truthquest

May 23, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ya, death we are fascinated with, right; birth, not so much
I don't remember my birth but according to my mother, it wasn't a very pleasant experience. I was born at home. It was pouring down rain and very cold. It took a while to get a doctor there. Then the doctor lost his scissors.

Reactions: Helen

truthquest

May 23, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ya, well, they'll never turn down a meal, sure, and candy omg a bear will be your bi...a bear turns into a puppy for candy lol, but i wouldn't be feeding bears either that can complicate things, but the point is that a bear not moaning and groaning is a bear not starving, and sharks can be petted too, there's YT for both i think
petting sharks - YouTube
see the bear's react to the changed mind, see, and good luck hitting this guy or hurting him while a bear is around, too lol

unfortunately as the vid makes clear, this is not the initial meeting, which goes differently. If you are going to feed a bear be prepared to give him all of the food, and i don't recommend this thing going on here fwiw, letting bears associate ppl with food is a bad idea imo
Nope, not my kind of pets. :)

truthquest

May 23, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
so her mom did the same to her i guess, and you were her first?
indian girls report a completely diff first birth experience, see
No actually I was the youngest by my father. Then my mother had five more children with my stepfather. But I wasn't around because I went into foster care at a young age.

truthquest

May 23, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
petting sharks - YouTube

That's sort of like people here in the South feeding alligators and some people keep them as pets. There's no way that I'm getting anywhere near an alligator and if I do then I'm going to run as fast as I can.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
There's no way that I'm getting anywhere near an alligator and if I do then I'm going to run as fast as I can.
hmm, the cold-blooded i just don't interact with, other than the lizards in the garden, who have i guess just gotten used to me or whatever, they mostly no longer run for cover (that i provided, might be why, dunno). it's a stack of little recycled pvc-like tubes (from old driveway lights, the ones with black plastic bodies and hollow little poles), that the chickens were able to upset, so i had to anchor the stack better, etc, not sure how much a reptile brain can associate with "friend" there. But they don't run from me (or any ppl, in my garden), and they scatter when chickens show up lol, so they get it on some level i guess

but i don't fear alligators; they just generally run themselves at my approach
them i would feed, if i had any desire to befriend them, not sure how i could explain why them and not bears though lol

truthquest

May 23, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
hmm, the cold-blooded i just don't interact with, other than the lizards in the garden, who have i guess just gotten used to me or whatever, they mostly no longer run for cover (that i provided, might be why, dunno). it's a stack of little recycled pvc-like tubes (from old driveway lights, the ones with black plastic bodies and hollow little poles), that the chickens were able to upset, so i had to anchor the stack better, etc, not sure how much a reptile brain can associate with "friend" there. But they don't run from me (or any ppl, in my garden), and they scatter when chickens show up lol, so they get it on some level i guess

but i don't fear alligators; they just generally run themselves at my approach
them i would feed, if i had any desire to befriend them, not sure how i could explain why them and not bears though lol
But if you fed them they wouldn't run from you. The problem with feeding them makes them lose their fear of people but they're still dangerous.

Reactions: Helen and bbyrd009

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Love to you, Helen. :)

I seem to have missed some posts on this fast moving thread.
I totally missed this one. I just mentioned in the music thread ..saying, why didn't you say that this was you?

I did not even get a clue from you one-liner quoted post...
1) I never saw it..
2) I still wouldn't clue in.

Have you changed you avatar today? Now this one I have sen before..the other one...never.
So glad to see you back and posting again. Keep it up...(don't hide away in the music...that is an order. I think I am older than you? :) )
hugs...H

Reactions: truthquest

truthquest

May 23, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I seem to have missed some posts on this fast moving thread.
I totally missed this one. I just mentioned in the music thread ..saying, why didn't you say that this was you?

I did not even get a clue from you one-liner quoted post...
1) I never saw it..
2) I still wouldn't clue in.

Have you changed you avatar today? Now this one I have sen before..the other one...never.
So glad to see you back and posting again. Keep it up...(don't hide away in the music...that is an order. I think I am older than you? :) )
hugs...H
Well I didn't realize you were on this forum at first. Then I saw your picture and people calling you Helen, so then I knew.
Yes you're older than me. I'll be 61 in February.
Yes I changed my avatar today to my favorite avatar. :)
You know I'll be posting music in the Christian music section but I'll try not to hide there. :)

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Well I didn't realize you were on this forum at first. Then I saw your picture and people calling you Helen, so then I knew.
Yes you're older than me. I'll be 61 in February.
Yes I changed my avatar today to my favorite avatar. :)
You know I'll be posting music in the Christian music section but I'll try not to hide there. :)

It was the avatar ( changed one) I recognizes first today, as familiar...but there I was posting to you, yet not knowing it was 'you'...ha!
Yes indeed, I didn't know that I was almost 15 years older than you! :eek:
Hugs..Helen x

Reactions: truthquest

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
again i am hearing Paul, even if Peter did come to this later. Peter stands out imo as the one who so easily takes his eyes from Christ, as a leader; who interfered in the Arrest, after having been told in plain language what was coming--no parables. And who so quickly denied Christ in the moment; three times (heart, mind, gut)

not meaning to dis Peter though, don't get me wrong. I had to renovate my beliefs @ Paul, lol, prolly i just haven't done this for Peter yet. Where is his best foot forward, in your opinion? i never spent much time in Peter the Book, i guess

Consider also what happened to Peter and others in Acts chapter 2. He not only stood his ground but opened his mouth as for example:

"Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.
Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?
Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.
And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying, Save yourselves from this untoward generation." Acts 2:36-40

He was no longer exactly the same man who had denied Christ three times, was he?

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
death comes to us all, but i am seeing that it is really about how much life we actually lived before then that is telling. An active 90 year old, still got their juice, dying in their sleep, peacefully, just presents a different image than...the physical deaths that are becoming more prevalent today, and the lives that predicated those deaths, imo.

Iow the actual death is not relevant--except to us--as physical death is meaningless to God; it is the life that should be relevant, even the life of the flesh. Flesh is not evil, as is broadly believed; flesh thinking is. This pov that we are all going to be able to walk through walls in the New Jerusalem is misguided, imo
The trouble with the flesh is it contains the world of the old man still and until all of that is dead, even an old man of 90 can still be affected adversely:

"For all that is in the world, the (1) lust of the flesh, and the (2) lust of the eyes, and the (3) pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world." I John 2:16

When a man believes the first two are under control than he will find the third one, [perhaps the worst of the three], pride in his Christianity and/or his righteousness [so easily become self-righteousness] on the attack.

Then you may hear Paul's words:

"When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things." I Cor 13:11

But what does Jesus say?

"Verily I say unto you, Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child shall in no wise enter therein." Luke 18:17

On the one hand indeed come to Him as a child, but on the other hand do not remain childish. In other words we need to have the empty mind and heart of an untarnished child, but don't bring all of our toys and children's games along with us when we come unto him...

Some of us at times apparently don't know that we still emphasize too much our childish ways that we have never left behind. What are they? Can even a 90 year old man have retained childish ways for all of those years?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Consider also what happened to Peter and others in Acts chapter 2. He not only stood his ground but opened his mouth as for example:

"Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.
Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?
Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.
And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying, Save yourselves from this untoward generation." Acts 2:36-40

He was no longer exactly the same man who had denied Christ three times, was he?
no, guess he got pricked himself huh. :)

that's the best way to 'convert' someone i guess, let them watch you 'get crucified' or 'go down in flames' for sticking to the truth and getting basted for it by everyone concerned, while they, one or two, knew they should have witnessed for you at the time