On Dying

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
So I would wonder, if I was on the brink of death, what would I be thinking about in those last moments. Would I be thinking of the mistakes I've made, the regrets, the doubts, the fear of death and what comes after, ; or would I be at peace and even looking forward to death and knowing in every part of my being that God would be there with me to the very end and beyond and would carry me to a place that would surpass in majesty and beauty and love and peace so far beyond anything I could even imagine.

Agree, I've been at the brink twice, neither time was I in a panic..both time a kind of 'letting go' with much peace and just trusting.
No fear of failure or "Should I have done better?" Just just a knowing that -"This was it and I was leaving this realm."
It does take away the great fear of death itself...there is nothing to fear.
( Now Pain is a whole different story.. :D)

Reactions: truthquest

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I was young, 19 when I had my first child. No I didn't really have any older women advising me. The nurses in the hospital weren't very helpful. The weren't explaining very much. That was a difficult labor and very long hours. I was afraid, didn't know what to do, and the pain was almost unbearable. So with the second childbirth, I decided to not be afraid, to relax, not to fight against the contractions by tensing up each time I felt one. At one point a nurse was looking at the monitor showing the contractions and looked at me and I was smiling. She said, don't you feel that? I said yes and smiled again.

Well done Cathey. You learned something..
I also was 19 with my first, and 20 for my second.

I was not smiling at all! lol
I had both my babies at home, we did back then, it was the norm.
I learned nothing about relaxing after my first baby...in fact I was F-ing off my poor doctor during both deliveries, I remember yelling- " Who is having the &%$#@ baby you or me?... so just shut up and get this thing out of me because I am not doing any more pushing." Then I tuned faced the wall.

I guess I was nothing but a pouty silly child. All my mother had ever told me was, " It is a pain which is unimaginable." Not very helpful. :rolleyes:
My husband learned something though. For our first baby he sat with me and let me bite his shoulder whenever I had a pain, that helped me a bit.
But with our second baby he sat in the kitchen and just quietly read a cowboy book! :D
At least being born again was much less painful...and hopefully, if God is gracious to us, so will our passing into the next realm be. ✟

Reactions: truthquest

truthquest

May 23, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well done Cathey. You learned something..
I also was 19 with my first, and 20 for my second.

I was not smiling at all! lol
I had both my babies at home, we did back then, it was the norm.
I learned nothing about relaxing after my first baby...in fact I was F-ing off my poor doctor during both deliveries, I remember yelling- " Who is having the &%$#@ baby you or me?... so just shut up and get this thing out of me because I am not doing any more pushing." Then I tuned faced the wall.

I guess I was nothing but a pouty silly child. All my mother had ever told me was, " It is a pain which is unimaginable." Not very helpful. :rolleyes:
My husband learned something though. For our first baby he sat with me and let me bite his shoulder whenever I had a pain, that helped me a bit.
But with our second baby he sat in the kitchen and just quietly read a cowboy book! :D
At least being born again was much less painful...and hopefully, if God is gracious to us, so will our passing into the next realm be. ✟
No you weren't a pouty silly child. Women who have given birth know how painful it is.
When I had my third child, I knew something was wrong. I was in the hospital and the doctor came in telling me everything was fine and I told him that he would have to do a C-section. He said, "why would you want a C-section? That's major surgery." I said it isn't exactly what I want but that's what will have to be done. Then I said, I know something is wrong. He said, no nothing is wrong. You're just having a long labor. So long story short, later that day, the doctor came in and checked me and said, her cervix is closing, prep her for surgery. Why don't doctors listen?

truthquest

May 23, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Agree, I've been at the brink twice, neither time was I in a panic..both time a kind of 'letting go' with much peace and just trusting.
No fear of failure or "Should I have done better?" Just just a knowing that -"This was it and I was leaving this realm."
It does take away the great fear of death itself...there is nothing to fear.
( Now Pain is a whole different story.. :D)
Yes pain is a whole different story. It's one thing to be in your nice cozy bed and die peacefully without pain and suffering. It's quite another thing to die a horrific painful death.

Reactions: Helen