On Dying

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Maybe the neurons in my brain aren't firing off and making connections as they should because I can't seem to grasp what you're saying.
it is a "this looks like that" thing, and your story just made clear, um...a new believer will have a different interpretation of who goes where in Romans 8 the more...born they get, births they have, the more relaxed they get, the more forgiveness they are able to manifest, forgiveness being the opposite of angst here.

and the exegesis (that i took down) is loaded with spots to interpret no ones and someones into, the text...suggestively allowing you to make assumptions, if that makes any sense--i'm not putting that right; one is led into adopting assumptions about who is who in Romans 8, and these are revealing, and should change as one grows into more understanding
I would say that I knew nothing about childbirth the first time and didn't know what to do or what to expect. But the second one, yes, I knew somehow what I should do to make it a much less painful experience. Part of that was to pay attention to my body and to understand what it was trying to accomplish with the birth process so I decided to not fight against that like I did with the first childbirth and sort of let the natural thing occur
i mean voila`
this is all encoded in the labor pains birth of Romans 8, it's all in there, the predestination is the angst part, causes angst see, division, a Very Important Concept to a newbie, always comes up early right, try to find a newbie who has ever even heard of Nehushtan and you'll be looking for 100 years lol, but Predestination? this...esoteric concept that really has no bearing whatsoever on one's walk? no prob, we're on that one by like day 3 lol

Last edited:
Reactions: truthquest

truthquest

May 23, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
it is a "this looks like that" thing, and your story just made clear, um...a new believer will have a different interpretation of who goes where in Romans 8 the more...born they get, births they have, the more relaxed they get, the more forgiveness they are able to manifest, forgiveness being the opposite of angst here.

and the exegesis (that i took down) is loaded with spots to interpret no ones and someones into, the text...suggestively allowing you to make assumptions, if that makes any sense--i'm not putting that right; one is led into adopting assumptions about who is who in Romans 8, and these are revealing, and should change as one grows into more understanding
i mean voila`
this is all encoded in the labor pains birth of Romans 8, it's all in there, the predestination is the angst part, causes angst see, division, a Very Important Concept to a newbie, always comes up early right, find a newbie who has ever even heard of Nehushtan and you'll be looking for 100 years lol, but Predestination? this...esoteric concept that really has no bearing whatsoever on one's walk? 3rd day, right
I've never heard of Nehushtan. Perhaps you can explain that.
But for some reason what you said there in the post, takes me back to a time when I would wonder what if I was on the brink of death. And I'm sure there are others here who have been on the brink of death as well. So I would wonder, if I was on the brink of death, what would I be thinking about in those last moments. Would I be thinking of the mistakes I've made, the regrets, the doubts, the fear of death and what comes after, ; or would I be at peace and even looking forward to death and knowing in every part of my being that God would be there with me to the very end and beyond and would carry me to a place that would surpass in majesty and beauty and love and peace so far beyond anything I could even imagine.
Well the day came when I was on the brink of death. I wasn't thinking about the mistakes, the regrets, the doubts, the fear. All I could think about and was aware of was this overwhelming love that enveloped me, such intense peace and happiness and joy. I could no longer even feel my body but the me who I was felt more alive than at any other time in my life. My senses were magnified to such a degree that I just can't fathom....then came the yearning to reach out and go beyond what I saw in front of me, people that I couldn't quite make out, just vague outlines as if beckoning me to come forward and as everything in the room slowly disappeared and I was just totally captivated in that moment, I didn't want anybody or anything to disturb that moment or try to remove me from it....Then much to my dismay and broken heart, I heard the paramedics screaming because I wasn't reacting to them and really their voices before seemed so distant and I was just too distracted by something else and I was totally captivated by it and didn't want to let go of it. That moment was the most beautiful, loving, peaceful, safe, happy, joyous, incredibly powerful and moving moment that I have ever experienced in my life. That was the best I ever felt in my entire life.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Maybe the neurons in my brain aren't firing off and making connections as they should because I can't seem to grasp what you're saying.
ah, you are just the victim of a discussion i am having with Scott about a diff subject, sorry, suffice it to say that changing your mind is a function of time, and you just presented a great example of Romans 8, a pivotal chapter, if you will, about labor pains and being born again, which after all is the whole point, right.

the point about Romans 8 is who one puts where, a la
1Therefore, no condemnation now exists for those in Christ Jesus,
lol, as if, right, who are those, i've yet to meet one of those, who have no condemnation? whatsoever?
Met a lot of ppl claiming to be one, i prolly like to imagine i am one, too...and like that

So see that connecting the dots to your own first birth experience and Romans 8 is not really any reply meant for you, sorry, and i might be able to actually expand in your direction now, prolly over the next day or so maybe.

Gotta ask when it was you changed your mind, during the second pregnancy, was it an epiphany, or just you realized one day 'hey, i'm not plexed,' or what? oh, nevermind,
I would say that I knew nothing about childbirth the first time and didn't know what to do or what to expect. But the second one, yes, I knew somehow what I should do to make it a much less painful experience. Part of that was to pay attention to my body and to understand what it was trying to accomplish with the birth process so I decided to not fight against that like I did with the first childbirth and sort of let the natural thing occur, which usually works unless there are unexpected complications.
ok, and we won't even mess with stillbirths, but see how your description again mirrors our experience, i mean you were surrounded by older women who should have been able to counsel you, prolly did, yet you state "I knew nothing about childbirth the first time and didn't know what to do or what to expect," so no previous experience at someone else's birth or anything? no anecdotal stories even? Stories, but they served to make things worse rather than better, for the first time? Farm girls famously have easier labors and births, i guess

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I've never heard of Nehushtan. Perhaps you can explain that.
But for some reason what you said there in the post, takes me back to a time when I would wonder what if I was on the brink of death. And I'm sure there are others here who have been on the brink of death as well. So I would wonder, if I was on the brink of death, what would I be thinking about in those last moments. Would I be thinking of the mistakes I've made, the regrets, the doubts, the fear of death and what comes after, ; or would I be at peace and even looking forward to death and knowing in every part of my being that God would be there with me to the very end and beyond and would carry me to a place that would surpass in majesty and beauty and love and peace so far beyond anything I could even imagine.
Well the day came when I was on the brink of death. I wasn't thinking about the mistakes, the regrets, the doubts, the fear. All I could think about and was aware of was this overwhelming love that enveloped me, such intense peace and happiness and joy. I could no longer even feel my body but the me who I was felt more alive than at any other time in my life. My senses were magnified to such a degree that I just can't fathom....then came the yearning to reach out and go beyond what I saw in front of me, people that I couldn't quite make out, just vague outlines as if beckoning me to come forward and as everything in the room slowly disappeared and I was just totally captivated in that moment, I didn't want anybody or anything to disturb that moment or try to remove me from it....Then much to my dismay and broken heart, I heard the paramedics screaming because I wasn't reacting to them and really their voices before seemed so distant and I was just too distracted by something else and I was totally captivated by it and didn't want to let go of it. That moment was the most beautiful, loving, peaceful, safe, happy, joyous, incredibly powerful and moving moment that I have ever experienced in my life. That was the best I ever felt in my entire life.
the literal accounts, "Heaven is Real," etc, always seem to become suspect (the kid recanted), but this aspect seems to be universal, ya

truthquest

May 23, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ah, you are just the victim of a discussion i am having with Scott about a diff subject, sorry, suffice it to say that changing your mind is a function of time, and you just presented a great example of Romans 8, a pivotal chapter, if you will, about labor pains and being born again, which after all is the whole point, right.

So see that connecting the dots to your own first birth experience and Romans 8 is not really any reply meant for you, sorry, and i might be able to actually expand in your direction now, prolly over the next day or so maybe.
Well, I can see how it could relate to being born again in that throughout my life beginning as a young child, I had great love for God and strong faith. Especially as a child when things were more simple and less complicated. That childlike faith made me feel very closely connected to God who I always viewed and referred to as my Father or heavenly Father.
I lived in the country so I would take walks in the woods and sometimes I would see something that was like God's way of communicating with me. I remember one time I was walking in the woods and saw the sunlight streaming down through the trees. It was so beautiful. I stretched out my hand into it and smiled as I was amazed and I was thinking, Father, you made this and it is so beautiful. I could feel his love for me and feel it all around me. And I saw so many flowers of different colors and animals like rabbits and deer, squirrels, and some of them would even let me touch them. I was so happy and I knew that God loved me.
But things changed as I grew up and got older. The things I was being taught in churches made it all so complicated and I found it harder to feel that closeness to God and harder to feel his love for me. So in that way I guess I was resisting and making it hard on myself feeling like I wasn't worthy to be loved, that I wasn't good enough, that no matter what I did it just wasn't enough. And I wasn't viewing God as a loving heavenly Father anymore.....But eventually I was able to regain some of that childlike faith and view of God that I had as a child. I had to just let go of some things that built walls and separated me from God. Then I found peace and then I knew once again how loved I am by our heavenly Father. And those walls came down.

Gotta ask when it was you changed your mind, during the second pregnancy, was it an epiphany, or just you realized one day 'hey, i'm not plexed,' or what? oh, nevermind,
ok, and we won't even mess with stillbirths, but see how your description again mirrors our experience, i mean you were surrounded by older women who should have been able to counsel you, prolly did, yet you state "I knew nothing about childbirth the first time and didn't know what to do or what to expect," so no previous experience at someone else's birth or anything? no anecdotal stories even? Stories, but they served to make things worse rather than better, for the first time? Farm girls famously have easier labors and births, i guess
I was young, 19 when I had my first child. No I didn't really have any older women advising me. The nurses in the hospital weren't very helpful. The weren't explaining very much. That was a difficult labor and very long hours. I was afraid, didn't know what to do, and the pain was almost unbearable. So with the second childbirth, I decided to not be afraid, to relax, not to fight against the contractions by tensing up each time I felt one. At one point a nurse was looking at the monitor showing the contractions and looked at me and I was smiling. She said, don't you feel that? I said yes and smiled again.

Reactions: Helen and bbyrd009

truthquest

May 23, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the literal accounts, "Heaven is Real," etc, always seem to become suspect (the kid recanted), but this aspect seems to be universal, ya
Well, my husband had a very beautiful and interesting NDE. :)

Reactions: bbyrd009

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Well, I can see how it could relate to being born again in that throughout my life beginning as a young child, I had great love for God and strong faith. Especially as a child when things were more simple and less complicated. That childlike faith made me feel very closely connected to God who I always viewed and referred to as my Father or heavenly Father.
ha, remember what you thought life would be like, when you were a little kid? (Heaven, First Love)
Of course grownups seek some other venue for heaven, huh? (Esau, despising his birthright)

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I lived in the country so I would take walks in the woods and sometimes I would see something that was like God's way of communicating with me. I remember one time I was walking in the woods and saw the sunlight streaming down through the trees. It was so beautiful. I stretched out my hand into it and smiled as I was amazed and I was thinking, Father, you made this and it is so beautiful. I could feel his love for me and feel it all around me. And I saw so many flowers of different colors and animals like rabbits and deer, squirrels, and some of them would even let me touch them. I was so happy and I knew that God loved me.
bears will play with you, even, believe it or not; don't try it when they're moaning and groaning though lol, they aren't in the mood when they're hungry lol. i have a hard blue like toy bowling ball that they found irresistible :)

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
But things changed as I grew up and got older. The things I was being taught in churches made it all so complicated and I found it harder to feel that closeness to God and harder to feel his love for me. So in that way I guess I was resisting and making it hard on myself feeling like I wasn't worthy to be loved, that I wasn't good enough, that no matter what I did it just wasn't enough. And I wasn't viewing God as a loving heavenly Father anymore
"OT"
But eventually I was able to regain some of that childlike faith and view of God that I had as a child. I had to just let go of some things that built walls and separated me from God. Then I found peace and then I knew once again how loved I am by our heavenly Father. And those walls came down.
"NT"

right

truthquest

May 23, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
bears will play with you, even, believe it or not; don't try it when they're moaning and groaning though lol, they aren't in the mood when they're hungry lol. i have a hard blue like toy bowling ball that they found irresistible :)
No, if I see a bear I'm going to run like the wind. :)

truthquest

May 23, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
imo you should have participated in several other births at that point, but of course we leave that to the...figurative priests now/here, huh. Why mom doesn't break this tradition, i could not even guess
No I hadn't participated in other births. I hadn't even seen any other births at that point.

Reactions: bbyrd009