On How to be saved

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hebrews 13:9, Be not carried about with divers and strange doctrines. For it is a good thing that the heart be established by grace, not with meats, which have not profited them that have been occupied therein.

D

Dave L

Paul's 7 Acts books (Rom, Cor, Thess, Gal) aren't written TO us or ABOUT us today. They are written to an past ALL-ISRAEL ACTS CHURCH containing Jews and Gentiles that, being grafted into Israel, were all part of Israel. Everything Paul taught in Acts was based on Moses and the Prophets, Acts 26:22. The Hope for both Jews and Gentiles, those found in Paul's Acts books, is the New Jerusalem, which will be attached to the New Earth.

On the other hand,

Paul's last 7 books (Eph, Phil, Col, 1&2Tim, Titus, Phile), all written after Acts, ARE the only books in the Bible that are TO us or ABOUT anyone living today. We are a purely Gentile Church, under pure Grace, with absolutely NO association with ANYTHING Israel. EVERYTHING in these 7 books of Paul was hid in God since before the ages, Eph 3:9, Col 1:26. It is therefore impossible that ANY DOCTRINE after Acts can merge with any doctrine during Acts, or before. The Hope for us today is to be resurrected directly to God's abode in the Highest Heaven, where Christ now sits at God's right hand, Eph 1:20, Eph 2:6. We Gentiles, today, are the only people in the Bible that will go to Heaven.
This is nothing more than a "Texas Chainsaw Massacre" of the bible.:D

Reactions: Helen

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
sure seems to have "go team" written all over it to me to
Who are these snakes? Some of those beasts [Job 18:3, Ecc 3:18]that need to be killed or? I speak not of the little reptiles slithering around here and there but the beasts that Solomon writes that wisdom has killed [Prov 9:1-2]. So then are the not snakes among those beasts of Solomon's writings that need to be killed? Do we have the wisdom to accomplish it in ourselves? Do we have something real to confront the beasts [snakes] or is it only another Nehushtan?
Hebrews 13:9, Be not carried about with divers and strange doctrines.
Death, more abundantly is prolly the strange doctrine wadr, but what is bugging you about that up there, if i may ask? ty

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
sure seems to have "go team" written all over it to me to

Death, more abundantly is prolly the strange doctrine wadr, but what is bugging you about that up there, if i may ask? ty
Again some are truly spreading death around when they open their mouths...! Is it directed by God or is it a random killing?

"Thou shalt not kill." Exodus 20:13

That Exodus verse does not elaborate much even if you replace "kill" with "murder" or with "dash to pieces". Who or what should be purposely killed [murdered?] and how?

People oft times speak strongly against taking up guns against others, but what about using a sword to kill people as in...?

"Arise, O LORD, disappoint him, cast him down: deliver my soul from the wicked, which is thy sword:" Psalm 17:13

Should or could any of us, labeled Christians, as the wicked become a sword in the left hand of God?

"My soul is among lions: and I lie even among them that are set on fire, even the sons of men, whose teeth are spears and arrows, and their tongue a sharp sword." Psalm 57:4

But then...

"If any man among you seem to be religious, and bridleth not his tongue, but deceiveth his own heart, this man's religion is vain." James 1:26

"But the tongue can no man tame; it is an unruly evil, full of deadly poison." James 3:8

Who is the only proper and real tamer of the tongue/mouth... unless we happen to be a horse... another one of those beasts to be killed [ Prov 9:1-2 ]?

"Be ye not as the horse, or as the mule, which have no understanding: whose mouth must be held in with bit and bridle, lest they come near unto thee." Psalm 32:9

"Because that he had been often bound with fetters and chains, and the chains had been plucked asunder by him, and the fetters broken in pieces: neither could any man tame him." Mark 5:4

"To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:" Ecc 3:1
"A time to kill, and a time to heal;..." Ecc 3:3

There certainly a time to take up the "sword" and kill, isn't there?

"And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:" Eph 6:17

But can man do it God's Way?

"O LORD, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it is not in man that walketh to direct his steps." Jerem 10:23
"O that my ways were directed to keep thy statutes!" Psalm 119:5

Ac28

May 18, 2016
Arkansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is nothing more than a "Texas Chainsaw Massacre" of the bible.:D
Call it what you like. We are commanded to rightly divide, "make a straight CUT, correctly CUT", God's Word in 2Tim 2:15. If you don't do this, you are NOT approved unto God and have need to feel ashamed - see 2Tim 2:15. Since this appears in Paul's post-Acts books, it was part of the Mystery hid in God before age-times. It therefore must be used to divide away all the earthly Jewish baggage you and the rest of Christendom carry around. According to Colossians 3:2 you are to NOT focus on earthly things, which includes everything (except Christ) in the other 59, 100% Earthly, 100% Jewish books.

Last edited:
D

Dave L

Call it what you like. We are commanded to rightly divide, "make a straight CUT, correctly CUT", God's Word in 2Tim 2:15. If you don't do this, you are NOT approved unto God and have need to feel ashamed - see 2Tim 2:15
Not with a chainsaw............

Ac28

May 18, 2016
Arkansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not with a chainsaw............
You're not big on the use of scripture, are you? If you don't have a Bible, you should get one.

No chainsaws, but one single, sharp, straight cut with a big imaginary knife, all the way though God's Word is what the Greek tends to suggest. Between Acts and Ephesians, is the only place in the Bible where it is 100% Israel on one side of the cut (59 books) and 100% Gentiles on the other side (7 books) of the cut. Then, as far as things pertaining directly to you or things about your future, dump the Israel part. You won't miss it or need it at all, with the exception of what's written about Christ and His Passion. Of course, those 59 Israel books aren't lost, since they are valuable for your learning. They just aren't written TO you or ABOUT you. Most everything in them contradicts the Real Truth For Today, as found ONLY in Paul's 7 post-Acts books.

D

Dave L

You're not big on the use of scripture, are you? If you don't have a Bible, you should get one.

No chainsaws, but one single, sharp, straight cut with a big imaginary knife, all the way though God's Word is what the Greek tends to suggest. Between Acts and Ephesians, is the only place in the Bible where it is 100% Israel on one side of the cut (59 books) and 100% Gentiles on the other side (7 books) of the cut. Then, as far as things pertaining directly to you or things about your future, dump the Israel part. You won't miss it or need it at all, with the exception of what's written about Christ and His Passion. Of course, those 59 Israel books aren't lost, since they are valuable for your learning. They just aren't written TO you or ABOUT you. Most everything in them contradicts the Real Truth For Today, as found ONLY in Paul's 7 post-Acts books.
John said if you do not have the doctrine of Christ, that is, the Sermon on the Mount, you do not have God. What more is there to argue?

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where in the Bible does it say that we are to only follow seven books of the Bible?

This is a strange and divers doctrine that is not found in the Bible; it comes directly from the flesh of man; it is heresy.

For it is contradicted by 2 Timothy 3:16-17: if 59 books of the Bible are not about us or for us or to us, then they do not apply to our lives; and therefore they are not profitable for reproof, for instruction, for correction, for training in righteousness; because if I determine that the scripture does not apply to me, then the same scripture cannot be used for my benefit in order to sanctify me (although the Holy Spirit uses the word as a sword, and if someone says, that sword isn't sharp; the wielder of the sword need only use it against that person in order to demonstrate that it is truly sharp).

Reactions: Dave L

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
This is a strange and divers doctrine that is not found in the Bible; it comes directly from the flesh of man; it is heresy.
True. Ultra- or Hyper-Dispensationalism is heresy since it turns Scripture on its head.

Ac28

May 18, 2016
Arkansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John said if you do not have the doctrine of Christ, that is, the Sermon on the Mount, you do not have God. What more is there to argue?
A lot. John was an apostle to Israel ONLY and there is no instance where he EVER ministered to a Gentile. Nothing I know of that was EVER given to Israel was also given to us Gentiles, except Christ, the Salvation of God. The word Gentile doesn't occur in 1John.

I believe the doctrine (teaching) of Christ is all truth. I'm just 100% positive that His teaching isn't TO or ABOUT me or you, since neither of us were a Jew living in Jerusalem, or thereabouts in 26-64AD.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Where in the Bible does it say that we are to only follow seven books of the Bible?

For it is contradicted by 2 Timothy 3:16-17: if 59 books of the Bible are not about us or for us or to us, then they do not apply to our lives; and therefore they are not profitable for reproof, for instruction, for correction, for training in righteousness; because if I determine that the scripture does not apply to me, then the same scripture cannot be used for my benefit in order to sanctify me (although the Holy Spirit uses the word as a sword, and if someone says, that sword isn't sharp; the wielder of the sword need only use it against that person in order to demonstrate that it is truly sharp).
Yes, strange idea... :confused:

D

Dave L

A lot. John was an apostle to Israel ONLY and there is no instance where he EVER ministered to a Gentile. Nothing I know of that was EVER given to Israel was also given to us Gentiles, except Christ, the Salvation of God. The word Gentile doesn't occur in 1John.

I believe the doctrine (teaching) of Christ is all truth. I'm just 100% positive that His teaching isn't TO or ABOUT me or you, since neither of us were a Jew living in Jerusalem, or thereabouts in 26-64AD.
Do you belong to the Way International?

Ac28

May 18, 2016
Arkansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you belong to the Way International?
I'm a Bible Believer. I have never belonged to anything since getting saved, about 35 years ago. Praise God, the last time I went to Church (Gentile synagogues) was at least 10 years ago, and before that, another 10 years. Staying out of Churches has enabled me to see the truth of the NT. The only function of churches is to dumb people down and, with Satan's assistance, they do a beautiful job of it.

Last edited:
D

Dave L

I'm a Bible Believer. I have never belonged to anything since getting saved, about 35 years ago. Praise God, the last time I went to Church (Gentile synagogues) was at least 10 years go, and before that, another 10 years. Staying out of Churches has enabled me to see the truth of the NT. The only function of churches is to dumb people down and, with Satan's assistance, they do a beautiful job of it.
What books do you draw from?

Ac28

May 18, 2016
Arkansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What books do you draw from?

The Only 7 Bible books written TO us or ABOUT us, today, are Eph, Phil, Col, 1&2Tim, Titus, and Philemon. Some include John, because the statement in Jn 20-31 is Universal. It was also likely to have been written after Acts, so John knew about Israel being set aside and Paul's dispensation for the brand new Heavenly Church, found only in those epistles above.

Jn 20-31
But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.

Or did you mean books about the Bible?

D

Dave L

The Only 7 Bible books written TO us or ABOUT us, today, are Eph, Phil, Col, 1&2Tim, Titus, and Philemon. Some include John, because the statement in Jn 20-31 is Universal. It was also likely to have been written after Acts, so John knew about Israel being set aside and Paul's dispensation for the brand new Heavenly Church, found only in those epistles above.

Jn 20-31
But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.

Or did you mean books about the Bible?
But Paul and James rely heavily on the Sermon on the Mount. apart from which you do not know Christ and are lost.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

And yet somehow John manages to say this...

John 1:29The next day he saw Jesus coming toward him, and said, “Behold, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world!

Did he say the sin of Israel...or the world?

John the apostle confirms this when he says that Jesus died for the sins of the whole world.

TruthBeliever

Nov 29, 2018
Alameda Count
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Psalm 91:14-16 KJV
Because he hath set his love upon me, therefore will I deliver him: I will set him on high, because he hath known my name. [15] He shall call upon me, and I will answer him: I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him, and honour him. [16] With long life will I satisfy him, and shew him my salvation.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
If you want to take chances for your own soul...
The truth had been delivered...
The Book of Romans was written to the believers who were already repented, baptized in Jesus name and received the Holy Ghost.
The Word of God is not changed. It had been true from the beginning...
I don't see baptismal regeneration in the Scriptures. In Ac 2.41, ppl were baptized who had already gladly received his word; they were not baptized supposedly to become believers.