On the 5th day, did God make birds out of water, air, or earth?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

TonyChanYT

Sep 13, 2023
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
In the 2nd account of creation, Genesis 2:

19a So the LORD God formed out of the ground every wild animal and every bird of the sky
Let proposition P1 = God made birds from the earth on the ground.

In the 1st account, Genesis 1:

20 Then God said, “Let the water swarm with living creatures, and let birds fly above the earth across the expanse of the sky.” 21So God created the large sea-creatures and every living creature that moves and swarms in the water, according to their kinds. He also created every winged bird according to its kind. And God saw that it was good. 22So God blessed them, “Be fruitful, multiply, and fill the waters of the seas, and let the birds multiply on the earth.” 23Evening came and then morning: the fifth day.
There is nothing in the 1st account that contradicts P1. I think P1 is true.

I read both accounts according to first-order logic literally. There is no FOL contradiction here.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I read both accounts according to first-order logic literally. There is no FOL contradiction here.
Putting 2:19 into context,

Genesis 2:15-20 KJV
15) And the LORD God took the man, and put him into the garden of Eden to dress it and to keep it.
16) And the LORD God commanded the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat:
17) But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.
18) And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him.
19) And out of the ground the LORD God formed every beast of the field, and every fowl of the air; and brought them unto Adam to see what he would call them: and whatsoever Adam called every living creature, that was the name thereof.
20) And Adam gave names to all cattle, and to the fowl of the air, and to every beast of the field; but for Adam there was not found an help meet for him.

After creating the land and sea and air creatures, AFTER, God created Man. After Man's creation, God then formed out of the ground every beast and bird, bringing them to the Man to be named.

Does your logic tell you that God brought the abundance of birds to the Man, all of them?

These were two creations, one preceding, and one following the creation of the Man. And the fact is, that while the second creation is specified as being from the ground, the first makes no such statement.

For myself, I think that where the Bible is silent we should be silent.

Much love!

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Yes, not a contradiction at all. The logic in this is that creatures are made of the same material as the earth, and return to that "dust" when they die. The water teems with fish, and the sky teems with birds, but their bodies are of the same material as the earth, and to that they'll return when they die.

Reactions: TonyChanYT