Once in Heaven, can you lose your salvation?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

verzanumi24

Advanced Member
Aug 17, 2007
New Yonk City
I can't speak to heaven not having a ground of some type. Revelation in particular seems to at least imply otherwise as there is a "sea of glass" in the midst of Gods throne with the saints standing on it. You also have Jesus stating that the Father has a house with many mansions, so I wouldn't rule out heaven having some type of ground to stand on. Beyond this though, I don't understand how they equate heaven itself as a place of peace and tranquility, and without sin, yet the first sinner to ever exist was Satan, Gods "anointed Cherub". You also have war breaking out in heaven as well in Revelation, so heaven is certainly not what most Christians assume it is.

That scripture you are refering to is not a description of Heaven, but represents the Nations. It's symbolically describing a time in which all the Nations will be at perfect peace with each other. The saints standing on it represents them rulling over the Nations as kings over the Earth.

verzanumi24

Advanced Member
Aug 17, 2007
New Yonk City
No they dont, and what do you expect to be here, electricity, computers, youtube, cinemas, nah be just lie kit was in teh beginning as it was meant to be. ANd I dont know because I have not being told, seems to God it isnt that important not as much as Faith in Him.

The reason why you don't know that the saints know they will be ruling as kings over the Earth, is because you are not one of them. I have provided several scriptures to prove my point, but all you can do is refute them with your own opinion.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't understand the love affair many Christians have for heaven. Its as if they believe their salvation in Jesus depends on it yet Moses and Elijah was revealed to be already there long before Jesus met his fate on the cross. Our focus should be on Jesus Christ, not what our final destination ends up being, because the two have absolutely zero to do with each other when it comes down to it. Scripture plainly states that the new earth is our final destination, but many Christians are dead set on it being heaven. They mix God and heaven as if they are synonymous without any justification given in scripture. Heaven is heaven, hell is hell, sin is sin, Satan is Satan, earth is earth, and God is God as far as scripture is concerned. I guess they believe the new earth is created just for the animals or something, which sounds like a huge waste of time. I think you are the only other person besides me with this viewpoint on our final destination.

The love affair men have with heaven....

Hinges on men not understanding the basics.

God Gives gifts and blessing to ALL.
God Also PROVIDES gifts and blessings that require a man to TAKE.
Men who TAKE CERTAIN gifts become men who THEN receive PARTICULAR gifts that make Great Changes TO CERTAIN PARTS of the man.

Men SPEAK of CERTAIN PARTS of the man, but then IGNORE the mans CERTAIN PARTS, and simply call the WHOLE of the man, a man.

A natural man IS, body, soul, spirit.
Each PART of the man CAN receive gifts.
However Each PART of the man MUST "TAKE" Certain Gifts, TO receive GIFTS that Forever Change the man.

Bodies of men, NEVER go to Heaven.
Bodies of men were created out of their own habitat, and created to OCCUPY their habitat;
AND forever they SHALL OCCUPY their habitat...as dust, flesh, glorified, or ash.

Bodies of men, are dust, shall be flesh, shall live in their flesh, shall die, shall return to dust, shall for some become Changed and become glorified, THAT; they are prepared; to Occupy the Earth; WHEN HEAVEN and Earth merge.

Bodies DO NOT GO TO Heaven, Heaven SHALL come to Glorified men.

Souls came from God, Souls like the body, are a type of vessel. Any vessel that has LIFE from God IN IT, IS a living vessel.

All souls ARE Living, regardless of WHERE they are. All souls Have "the Breath of God" IN them, NOT the SPIRIT of God, the BREATH of God.

All spirits of man Begin Natural. A spirit of man, is simply the mans Natural Truth, in his heart. His Truth, in his heart, NOT his MIND.

That Natural Truth (spirit) of a man, SHALL die with the natural body.

However a man Can receive BY TAKING, the gift of God, to have his "natural spirit" BORN AGAIN from Gods Seed....or not.

Once a man TAKES from God, His SEED, the mans Natural spirit, becomes a forever living spiritual spirit; never subject to death.

The living soul, that IS SAVED, shall return to heaven, (when the natural body's LIFE ends).
A mans natural body's LIFE ends, WHEN his own LIFE, (BLOOD) stops flowing.

Breathing, car accidents, diseases, etc....do not end a mans bodies life.....It is the ceasing of his blood flowing that ends a mans body physical life.

The Living soul departs a physically dead body....and Does go to Heaven WITH God...
"IF" is "IS" saved.

The Natural spirit of a man shall DIE with the body and return to dust....
"UNLESS" the natural spirit of a man HAS BECOME BORN AGAIN....in that case, the mans spirit SHALL depart his dead body, and RETURN to God, in Heaven.

If a man DOES not comprehend what exactly is the WHOLE of his body, or what it does receive, or that he must agree to take what is provided as a Gift to Him....and simply speak in GENERAL terms, "the man", without consideration of "each" PART...his own dialogue will be without clear meaning.

As so ALSO, a man will not understand, what Applies to the man, and each part of him, IS the SAME that applies to God, who has Parts of Him, that effect and do CERTAIN Things, which BTW, God has given NAMES and TITLES, to HIS PARTS....which reveals to man, what PART of God is DOING WHAT.

When Scripture says; "God said"....that IS Gods Voice, Gods Word, God Named Jesus, Gods said to call Him The Son of God, The Lord, The Teacher, The Savior, The Prince of Peace, ..... etc.

Men do the same thing..."my word ON this forum is called "Taken"....and at home my word is called something else...and at work, at my bank, at my neighbors, at my families homes.....etc.......MY WORD is called by OTHER NAMES. We mimic What God does.

It is the lackadaisical way men ARE taught, BECAUSE men have NO PATIENCE and DEMAND everything be quick, instant, convenient.....then they argue and fight over their limited knowledge and understanding.

It's like a sixteen yr old who wants to argue with his parents....because we all know KIDS are smarter than their parents....Al Gore told them so! Those videos are on the internet; It must be true! LOL

God Bless,
Taken

Reactions: Helen

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
(John 14:2-3) "In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for, you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also."

Yep, a Prepared Place for you, IN one of the many mansions.

Why MANY mansions?
Why the Father's House?
....The Father's HOUSE, is exclusive for those WHO are "WITH" Him.
Why MANY MANSIONS?
....Because the Greatest (saved man) to the Least (saved man) SHALL occupy the Mansion Prepared FOR, the Greatest to the Least.

For example....
a Great man...Billy Graham
a Least man...man on death row who accepts God a few minutes before he dies.

Both restored and saved souls AND both quickened spirits born of God....SHALL occupy a Mansion IN Heaven.

And both glorified bodies SHALL occupy a mansion on Earth, WHEN Heaven comes TO Earth in Christ's Kingdom.

Jesus Christ prepares a place for His people where He went to when He left the earth. Our place is in Heaven. We can come back to and from to the earth anytime with Christ. But our place is in Heaven.

Actually EVERYTHING, that..SHALL BE, already IS DONE. Men simply, WAIT TO SEE.

A mans Saved Living soul, has a Waiting Place IN Heaven, that is currently separated from Earth.

A mans Quickened born again spirit, has a Waiting Place IN Heaven, that is currently separated from Earth.

A mans BODY, Never "GOES" to Heaven. Bodies of saved and born again men, WAIT ON earth, for Heaven to COME to EARTH.

God Bless,
Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The word Heaven by definition means an expanse. This is why the sky and where the plants and stars are, are also called heaven.

Agree.
There is always an order regarding spiritual things.

And there is always a glimpse of "something" a man CAN SEE, to help a man believe and comprehend what he CAN NOT SEE.

The stars, sky's, sun, moon, clouds, etc. are glimpses of heaven that MEN CAN SEE.

The celestial beings, have their estate in heaven, above the heavens that terrestrials can NOT see. (And the same place, where saved living souls go, which are departed out of saved physically dead bodies)

And Gods Estate is HIGH Heaven; Above all the created celestrials and terrestrials estates.

God Bless,
Taken

Last edited:
Reactions: verzanumi24

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The celestial beings, have their estate in heaven, above the heavens that terrestrials can NOT see. (And the same place, where saved living souls go, which are departed out of saved physically dead bodies)

Your opinion.
Also no references.
Dream on.....

Hopefully you'r not like my brother in law who said he went on a flight in a spaceship and was force to have sex with celestial beings.................

Last edited:

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your opinion.
Also no references.
Dream on.....

Celestrial and Terestrial got your comic book mind jumping into sci-fi ....? LOL

1 Cor 15:40
But that is probably beyond your grasp to comprehend.

Hopefully you'r not like my brother in law who said he went on a flight in a spaceship and was force to have sex with celestial beings.................

Ha, I see, the sci-fi is a family thing with you.... save it. I'm not interested in your families weird notions.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The reason why you don't know that the saints know they will be ruling as kings over the Earth, is because you are not one of them. I have provided several scriptures to prove my point, but all you can do is refute them with your own opinion.
You really have no idea what you are taking about, proves nothing.
Act 7:48 Howbeit the most High dwelleth not in temples made with hands; as saith the prophet,
Act 7:49 Heaven is my throne, and earth is my footstool: what house will ye build me? saith the Lord: or what is the place of my rest?

we can do this all day

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Why MANY mansions?
Why the Father's House?
Why MANY MANSIONS?
....Because the Greatest (saved man) to the Least (saved man) SHALL occupy the Mansion Prepared FOR, the Greatest to the Least.

In my studies I have found that "Many mansions" means many places, many levels, within God, He is the only House...

This is the goal...this is what Paul "pushed toward" ...The High Calling...

That is what I saw as I studied " Mansions" . Not some big private house , one for each of us!!!!
Nothing is separate from God Himself.

Reactions: Taken

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yep, a Prepared Place for you, IN one of the many mansions.

Why MANY mansions?
Why the Father's House?
Why MANY MANSIONS?

For example....
a Great man...Billy Graham
a Least man...man on death row who accepts God a few minutes before he dies.

Both restored and saved souls AND both quickened spirits born of God....SHALL occupy a Mansion IN Heaven.

And both glorified bodies SHALL occupy a mansion on Earth, WHEN Heaven comes TO Earth in Christ's Kingdom.

Actually EVERYTHING, that..SHALL BE, already IS DONE. Men simply, WAIT TO SEE.

A mans Saved Living soul, has a Waiting Place IN Heaven, that is currently separated from Earth.

A mans Quickened born again spirit, has a Waiting Place IN Heaven, that is currently separated from Earth.

A mans BODY, Never "GOES" to Heaven. Bodies of saved and born again men, WAIT ON earth, for Heaven to COME to EARTH.

God Bless,
Taken

As usual, so much talk and yet so little substance.

"Our Father which art in Heaven...." (Matt. 6:9) (John 20:17) "Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father;...I ascend unto my Father, and your Father...."

(Acts 1:11) "Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven."

(John 14:2-3) "...I go to prepare a place for you...I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am there ye may be also."

Stranger

verzanumi24

Advanced Member
Aug 17, 2007
New Yonk City
I asked "how do you know.
And I asked for references.

You did not answer my question.

Isaiah 66:1 (KJV)

1 Thus saith the LORD, The heaven is my throne, and the earth is my footstool: where is the house that ye build unto me? and where is the place of my rest?

Heaven
Hebrew Word:
‏שָׁמֶה‎
Transliteration: shâmeh
Phonetic Pronunciation: shaw-meh'

Root: from an unused root meaning to be lofty

Cross Reference: TWOT - 2407a

Part of Speech: n m

Vine's Words: Heavens

dual of an unused singular shameh, shaw-meh'; from an unused root meaning to be lofty; the sky (as aloft; the dual perhaps alluding to the visible arch in which the clouds move, as well as to the higher ether where the celestial bodies revolve) :- air, × astrologer, heaven (-s).

Strong's Talking Greek & Hebrew Dictionary.

verzanumi24

Advanced Member
Aug 17, 2007
New Yonk City
You really have no idea what you are taking about, proves nothing.
Act 7:48 Howbeit the most High dwelleth not in temples made with hands; as saith the prophet,
Act 7:49 Heaven is my throne, and earth is my footstool: what house will ye build me? saith the Lord: or what is the place of my rest?

we can do this all day
What is your point?

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In my studies I have found that "Many mansions" means many places, many levels, within God, He is the only House...

This is the goal...this is what Paul "pushed toward" ...The High Calling...

That is what I saw as I studied " Mansions" . Not some big private house , one for each of us!!!!
Nothing is separate from God Himself.

Exactly! And while works do not save a mans soul or quicken a mans spirit...the Works a man DOES do to glorify Gods Name on earth...
WILL effect his position in heaven...
Always with a 'job well done" comes more responsibility and a greater position.

We even have a glimpses of that, concerning the OT faithful, ie the awesome Promise to Abraham; and the NT disciples: ie John what a great responsibility to pen Revelations!

God Bless,
Taken

Reactions: Helen

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As usual, so much talk and yet so little substance.

"Our Father which art in Heaven...." (Matt. 6:9) (John 20:17) "Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father;...I ascend unto my Father, and your Father...."

(Acts 1:11) "Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven."

(John 14:2-3) "...I go to prepare a place for you...I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am there ye may be also."

Stranger

And? Does that somehow UNDO, anything I said? LOL