Once in Heaven, can you lose your salvation?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pipiripi

Feb 27, 2018
Oranje stad
Faith
Christian
Country
Aruba
this to me is like saying "if i consider a perspective i am unfamiliar with, even for a second, it will magically turn into a belief."

"open mind" does not imply "don't think" or "don't question" or even "don't be skeptical," imo

after all, your mind was open enough to accept that pagan strange gospel of party in the afterlife, right? we suck right up to that one, huh
Yes my friend you have to ask God to open your mind so you can understand the differents between the truth and the false doctrine. Pray now asking God for open your mind.

Reactions: bbyrd009

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Salvation is loving perfectly and being exactly where you are created to be within the Body of Christ. Could you give up your salvation? I guess, but who wants to go back to crapping in their pants after they are potty trained.

Last edited:

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
this to me is like saying "if i consider a perspective i am unfamiliar with, even for a second, it will magically turn into a belief."

No, just my anti-virus scanner detecting any attempts to infect my mind with malicious software, like the idea of an afterlife being "pagan" in origin. :rolleyes:

Pipiripi

Feb 27, 2018
Oranje stad
Faith
Christian
Country
Aruba
Many Christians get the light and return to darkness. Item some who has born in the family Christians. And I know a lot. Is better you never know the word of God, then turn your back of it.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Many Christians get the light and return to darkness. Item some who has born in the family Christians. And I know a lot. Is better you never know the word of God, then turn your back of it.

I have faith that God will not lose even one sheep.....despite our best efforts

Reactions: Godssrvr

Pipiripi

Feb 27, 2018
Oranje stad
Faith
Christian
Country
Aruba
Noby entered God KINGDOM by efforts. Efforts means only trough work. To enter God's kingdom is by obedience, obedience means keep God commandments and have the faith of Jesus Christ.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Noby entered God KINGDOM by efforts. Efforts means only trough work. To enter God's kingdom is by obedience, obedience means keep God commandments and have the faith of Jesus Christ.

Yes. And what does keeping God’s commandments mean?

Pipiripi

Feb 27, 2018
Oranje stad
Faith
Christian
Country
Aruba
Keeping God's commandments means: That they are 10. Don't break them. Live by them. That is a command written with God own finger.

Godssrvr

Jan 16, 2018
South East/Tuscaloosa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Keeping God's commandments means: That they are 10. Don't break them. Live by them. That is a command written with God own finger.

Galatians 2:16
Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

Reactions: aspen

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Jesus tells us that the sum of the law is love. Keeping the 10 commandments is the first step towards loving our neighbor. Our sanctification is practicing the art of loving others with Christ.....led on by the Holy Spirit. There are infinite ways to practice love!

I tend to believe modern Christianity has fixated on the idea that faith and works are incompatible. In reality, faith and works go hand in hand - Jesus and Paul were addressing the Jewish Temple leadership who were not teaching about faith at all. Should we brag about our efforts? No! But we should continue to practice our faith with a humble heart.

Reactions: APAK

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good conversation!

Godssrvr

Jan 16, 2018
South East/Tuscaloosa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I tend to believe modern Christianity has fixated on the idea that faith and works are incompatible

They are incompatible, but only in the context of justification. Once saved we no longer follow the law written on "tables of stone, but in fleshy tables of the heart." "The letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life."

2 Corinthians 3:3-6
3 Forasmuch as ye are manifestly declared to be the epistle of Christ ministered by us, written not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God; not in tables of stone, but in fleshy tables of the heart.

4 And such trust have we through Christ to God-ward:

5 Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think any thing as of ourselves; but our sufficiency is of God;

6 Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They are incompatible, but only in the context of justification. Once saved we no longer follow the law written on "tables of stone, but in fleshy tables of the heart." "The letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life."

2 Corinthians 3:3-6
3 Forasmuch as ye are manifestly declared to be the epistle of Christ ministered by us, written not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God; not in tables of stone, but in fleshy tables of the heart.

4 And such trust have we through Christ to God-ward:

5 Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think any thing as of ourselves; but our sufficiency is of God;

6 Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.

Yeah, I agree with you. God had to make the first move - our ego just could not handle attempting the reconciliation. Only through Christ’s willingness to be vulnerable and do what we could not, can we have the opportunity to be vulnerable ourselves.

I think people do go overboard, however and often apply it to sanctification as well as justification.

Reactions: Godssrvr

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well we know that Jesus Christ descends from heaven to rule during the millennial period. The Father himself makes an appearance immediately after this period, sitting on his throne to judge those of the second Resurrection. His me're appearance on the scene causes both heaven and earth to pass away. This is of course unlike the appearance of Jesus Christ where no such thing occurs.

After this we get the new heaven and earth, the Fathers house descending from heaven, and there is a further distinction made between Jesus and the Father described as simply "God" and the "Lamb". God will have his throne, and the Lamb will have his own, as plainly stated throughout both old and new testament of Jesus Christ sitting on the right hand of the Father. There is no reason to believe this set up suddenly changes on earth.

The Father "God" is the one that gives light to the city, and Jesus Christ the "Lamb" is the light of his Father. This is quite obviously referring to two different entities.

Last I recall, Jesus is God also. And, The Father has committed all judgement to the Son. (John 5:22) "For the Father judgeteh no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son:" It is Jesus Christ that is on the throne at the Great White Throne judgment. I am sure the Father will be there, but it is Jesus who is on the throne and judging.

The earth and heaven fled away for the grave action that is getting ready to take place. Jesus Christ sitting as a judge and not as Saviour. And this judgment has already been passed. The dye is cast. There is no more hope. No one wants to be there. And those judged will be facing the one they rejected, ridiculed, blasphemed, etc. etc. No wonder heaven and earth fled away.

Stranger

Pipiripi

Feb 27, 2018
Oranje stad
Faith
Christian
Country
Aruba
Galatians 2:16
Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.
James 2:18.....'Yes, a man say, thou hast faith, I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works.
James 2:20.....'But Wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?
James 2:26.....'For as the body without the Spirit is dead, so
faith without works is dead also

Reactions: aspen

Pipiripi

Feb 27, 2018
Oranje stad
Faith
Christian
Country
Aruba
Last I recall, Jesus is God also. And, The Father has committed all judgement to the Son. (John 5:22) "For the Father judgeteh no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son:" It is Jesus Christ that is on the throne at the Great White Throne judgment. I am sure the Father will be there, but it is Jesus who is on the throne and judging.

The earth and heaven fled away for the grave action that is getting ready to take place. Jesus Christ sitting as a judge and not as Saviour. And this judgment has already been passed. The dye is cast. There is no more hope. No one wants to be there. And those judged will be facing the one they rejected, ridiculed, blasphemed, etc. etc. No wonder heaven and earth fled away.

Stranger
If Jesus is not a saviour, when someone became a Christian, Christian mean disciple of Jesus. In which name they will be saved as Jesus is not a SAVIOUR? ?? Friend is time to let the Holy Spirit guide you. Jesus is here down with us by HIS Holy Spirit. Not an other person.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If Jesus is not a saviour, when someone became a Christian, Christian mean disciple of Jesus. In which name they will be saved as Jesus is not a SAVIOUR? ?? Friend is time to let the Holy Spirit guide you. Jesus is here down with us by HIS Holy Spirit. Not an other person.

At present Jesus Christ is seated at the right hand of God as our intercessor and advocate. (Mark 16:19), (Heb. 7:25), ( 1 John 2:1) He left in (Acts 1:9). He will call out His Church to Himself at the rapture at a future date. (1 Thess. 4:16-17) He will return to the earth to set up the kingdom some time after that. (Rev. 19:11-16)

At this present time we have Christ in us. (Col. 1:27)

Stranger

Reactions: forrestcupp

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
No, just my anti-virus scanner detecting any attempts to infect my mind with malicious software, like the idea of an afterlife being "pagan" in origin. :rolleyes:
well, understand what i mean there is "a preconceived idea" ok, i don't mean that there is no resurrection; i mean that all of the methods used to predict our future state end in -mancy, and anyone telling you that you (meaning 'your soul' nominally, but of course they all really mean 'your ego' right) are going to heaven to be with Jesus when you die are -mancers, and of course money is always involved with this perspective

fwiw you surely are not going to Asgaard to hang out with Odin, either, ok, and anyone who imagines that they are are under strong delusions, not God's Wing. Of course the spirit goes back to God Who gave it, etc, but Christians now mostly assert that their egos are what get "saved," and this is a lie from hell.
Run that through your scanner :)

Last edited: