Once saved, always saved is a myth.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mr mxyzptlk

Aug 15, 2023
Northeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My own answer would be I own myself. Without God in the picture and being a slave towards him. I’m a slave to my “self” by the flesh. Meaning my own soul, (mind/will/emotions) and life have been my own responsibility to take care of: whether it’s for myself or towards God if he is there in one’s life.

What would you answer ?
I was under the impression that God owns everything.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
HOW can we NOT WARN and remind the church TO CONTINUE IN HIM TO THE END . THAT BE THE FAR BETTER question .
JESUS DID , the apostels warned about it too . SO WHY DONT WE . exactly . SOMETHING is going wrong sister .
ITS NOT A SIN , is not a lack of faith IN JESUS to use HIS WARNINGS
and to use the warnings of the apostels . THEY SAID IT , HE SAID IT . I TRUST IN WHAT JESUS SAID
not men . Be encouraged dear sister . you are not being attacked . I just write this to MAKE YOU REALLY THINK .
SO lets us all ask ourselves a question .
ARE WE TRULY TRUSTING IN JESUS , OR are we trusting in men .
ARE WE TRULY TAKING JESUS AT HIS EVERY WORD or are we gonna allow men to omit THEM warnings and take MEN at their word .
ARE WE T RULY trusting in the SPIRIT INSPIRED DOCTRINE left to us by the apostles , OR are we trusting in mens acroynms
their teachings .
THINK about that my dear sister . as for me , IF JESUS or the apostels wrote it , I JUST BELIEVE IT , HEED IT
and REMIND ALL TO DO THE SAME .
So, you aren’t answering my questions.....sorry, a Born Again can never lose their salvation.....show me where Gods word says a “ Born Again “ can lose their salvation?

As His word says, a Born Again has been Born Again of imperishable/ incorruptible seed that “ Liveth “ and “ Abideth “ forever......I believe the “ Living “ word of God....

If you have been Born Of The Spirit......then your saved for eternity.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you sure you're taking into account everything the Bible has to say about rewards?
There's no such thing as "unearning."
By ultimately rejecting salvation, the wages of sin are earned, which is death.
He who believes is not condemned

He who does not believe is condemned already (They were not condemned, then not condemned, then back into condemnation)

Salvation is not a reward, it is a gift we are saved by Grace..,

Reactions: mailmandan

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is not being saved from death hades and satan to be saved into the kingdom of God?

Again, this makes no sense.
i have watched mathew for a long time . he believes some things that are truly dead wrong .
Feel free to ask him some questions .
Its almost like watching an inclusive preterist at work . but then HE DOES BELIEVE PRETERISM .
they dont even think SATAN is still in this world . and some other things too .
I have tried to help mathew .

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sure sounds like he did imply it:

“They on the rock are they, which, when they hear, receive the word with joy; and these have no root, which for a while believe, and in time of temptation fall away.” (Luke 8:13)
Luke 8:13 KJV
They on the rock are they, which, when they hear, receive the word with joy; and these have no root, which for a while believe, and in time of temptation fall away.

Look at the parallel passage:

Matthew 13:5 KJV
Some fell upon stony places, where they had not much earth: and forthwith they sprung up, because they had no deepness of earth:

And now Jesus' explanation:

Matthew 13:20-21 KJV
20) But he that received the seed into stony places, the same is he that heareth the word, and anon with joy receiveth it;
21) Yet hath he not root in himself, but dureth for a while: for when tribulation or persecution ariseth because of the word, by and by he is offended.

"and immediately with joy receives it (the word)" . . . an emotional reception. But there is no root, and when affliction comes, that's it.

This is not a converted person. This is a person happy to hear the Gospel, but doesn't take it in, to take root, and grow.

Much love!

mr mxyzptlk

Aug 15, 2023
Northeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
we were under the power of satan .
but let no man or woman fool themselves .
WHO WE SERVE IS WHOSE WE ARE . LIP service means and meant nothing IF THE HEART DONT MATCH the lips .
Too many are serving a jesus who honors certain sins
a jesus who has made the path to GOD very broad by saying muslims and others are on it too .
IT AINT JESUS , ITS THE DEVIL USING the name of JESUS to gather all under a false love . DAMNED TO PERIDTION THEY WILL BE .
we better LEARN JESUS CHRIST and to do so , OPEN UP THE BIBLE for ourselves and get busy learning .
cause far too many are following another jesus , another gospel . AND PERDITION COMETH AT THE END OF THAT TRAIL .
I've served Satan but he didn't create me so he never owned me.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
IT AINT JUDGING . this is the problem . You think ITS JUDGING if ones sin is exposed .
BUT IT AINT . ITS NECESSARY .
we have been taken for a ride my dear friend .
and its not a good ride either .
THEY try and make us feel guilty , or feel like we are judging if we expose sins in the church .
THAT WAS SUPER SLICK what they did . and it worked too . NO WONDER THE SIN has taken the churches captive to a lie .
LEAVEN left uncorrected WILL DO That .
If you go to a gay person and scream at them they have to repent if they want to go to heaven

You are judging them

They need to be saved BEFORE they can overcome their sin.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i have watched mathew for a long time . he believes some things that are truly dead wrong .
Feel free to ask him some questions .
Its almost like watching an inclusive preterist at work . but then HE DOES BELIEVE PRETERISM .
they dont even think SATAN is still in this world . and some other things too .
I have tried to help mathew .
yes, we got into it yesterday about matt 24.. it is sad

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

Romans 8

King James Version

8 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.
3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:
4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
5 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.
6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.
8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.
9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.
10 And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.
11 But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.
12 Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh.
13 For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.
14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.
15 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.
16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:
17 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.
18 For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.
19 For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.
20 For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope,
21 Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.
22 For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now.
23 And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body.
24 For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for?
25 But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it.
26 Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.
27 And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God.
28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.
29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.
30 Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.
31 What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?
32 He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?
33 Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth.
34 Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.
35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?
36 As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.
37 Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.
38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Citing passages doesn’t mean much without the whole of scripture to consider anyway. It’s just differing views that are at play. Here are my verses to justify my stance, here are other verses which refute the stance.

The over all point is that, once saved always saved is not true.

A person has to pick up there cross daily, and rise with Christ and allow God to produce fruit within them. Therefore, the day on your death bed, perhaps one will be grateful for all God did through them; while one may say look what I did for you God; while one may say … who knows perhaps nothing?

Salvation is a given to all, Jesus saved all from death, hell, sin, and Satan. The only thing is, people aren’t saved to the Kingdom of God which of course is by faith. People in their day, the elect are even to said to become deceived.

Therefore… once saved always saved is manmade tradition…

It’s not based on works - works are based on God working through you to love.
I keep hearing salvation by works (at least in part) in your posts. Does the Lord preserve His saints forever or did He lie? (Psalm 37:28) Does Jesus give His sheep eternal life and they shall never perish or be plucked out His hand or did He lie? (John 10:27,28) Are believers sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise until the redemption of the purchased possession/unto the day of redemption or did Paul lie? (Ephesians 1:13,14; 4:30) ..and whom he justified, these he also glorified. ALL of them. (Romans 8:30)

In regard to Matthew 24:24, as Greek scholar AT Robertson explains - These charlatans will be so skillful that they will, if possible (ei dunaton), lead astray the very elect. The implication is that it is not possible.

• Love
Reactions: Eternally Grateful

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matthew 13:20-21 KJV

This is not a converted person.

It is a converted person.

Stop trying to take yourself out of unsavory Bible passages.

“And the ones on the rock are those who, when they hear the word, receive it with joy. But these have no root; they believe for a while, and in time of testing fall away.” (Luke 8:13)

Are you going to tell me that believing doesn’t save now???

Because the scripture says:

“…God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth…” (2 Thessalonians 2:13)

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I keep hearing salvation by works (at least in part) in your posts. Does the Lord preserve His saints forever or did He lie? (Psalm 37:28) Does Jesus give His sheep eternal life and they shall never perish or be plucked out His hand or did He lie? (John 10:27,28) Are believers sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise until the redemption of the purchased possession/unto the day of redemption or did Paul lie? (Ephesians 1:13,14; 4:30) ..and whom he justified, these he also glorified. ALL of them. (Romans 8:30)

In regard to Matthew 24:24, as Greek scholar AT Robertson explains - These charlatans will be so skillful that they will, if possible (ei dunaton), lead astray the very elect. The implication is that it is not possible.

Your not paying attention,

I’m saying faith produces works of love in people who are believers. They allow God to work in and through them. They put the flesh to death and allow the spirit to help them, asking the Father while I know I am evil and produce no good what so ever.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have not said anything of salvation is required on our part in fulfilling the law, if you see me say that you know I done lost my mind @mailmandan

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I see that you have no rebuttal to the multiple passages of scripture that I cited which refute your biased interpretation.

You wrote multiple paragraphs of your own giving alternate meanings to the scripture citations you peppered in between your many words.

And furthermore I am not the one replying with long posts containing interpretive commentary; you are.

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is a converted person.

Stop trying to take yourself out of unsavory Bible passages.

“And the ones on the rock are those who, when they hear the word, receive it with joy. But these have no root; they believe for a while, and in time of testing fall away.” (Luke 8:13)

Are you going to tell me that believing doesn’t save now???

Because the scripture says:

“…God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth…” (2 Thessalonians 2:13)
In James 2:19, we see that the demons believe "mental assent" that "there is one God" but they do not believe in the Lord Jesus Christ abd are not saved. (Acts 16:31) The Greek word for "believe" in both verses is "pisteuo." Not all belief is saving belief.

Status
Not open for further replies.