Once saved, always saved is a myth.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
so it is not because God said to love others. and out of your love, You decide not to take what is theirs?

You just trying to follow some law??
Paul often used the law as a method of correction and etc .
How often did he warn the church NOT to do such things . A LOT .
what the law CANNOT be used for is to JUSTIFY ONESELF .
but as for correction , OH YEA . it sure can be .
Look at all those reminders paul , peter and others made .
Look at how often they warned not to be partakers of any ones sins .
rather TO EXPOSE .
Its neither a sin to remind folks about the grace and love of GOD
nor to correct rebuke any who does err within the church .
Its not a sin to preach about the goodness of GOD
its not a sin to preach about the severity of GOD .
ALL MUST BE DONE . And its not a sin for one to continually
plead and beg with all and to all to get their faces LOOKING RIGHT BACK INTO the BIBLE AGAIN .
Do be encouraged my friend . But its time and its high time
we make biblical correction GREAT AGAIN in them churches , OR THEY JUST AINT GONNA MAKE IT . and we sure
dont desire their destruction . B eye B LE . its dire for the peoples to get back IN IT .

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
People can hinder Gods will by the nature of the flesh. That is why Paul writes a lot about the flesh (our souls (mind/will/emotions which are created in Gods image) and the spirit.
I don’t believe it’s the flesh that hinders the will of God...I believe it to be the old mindset, that has to be renewed, in order for us to come inline with the will of God..

We learn in the Spirit therefore are taught by the Spirit of God who indwells And has taken up residence in our spirit.

In other words Gods in control most definitely...and I don’t mean he controls us like a robot, his Spirit works in us, to get us inline with his will....it’s a process....the sanctification process I believe.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was just asking. You would be surprised how many people who oppose OSAS and teach salvation by works believe that these were genuine believers who lost their salvation for working iniquity.

What was God's will for these many people in Matthew 7:22 that they failed to do which would have saved them from God's wrath?
Depart from me Ye who worked inquity , I NEVER KNEW YOU .
Many who still love their sin , many who now embrace the inclusive diversity love , DO NOT KNOW HIM .
and as for your last question . HIS WILL . WHAT IS THE WILL OF GOD . TO BELIEVE ON JESUS CHRIST .
so do remember that well my dear friend the next time one comes a preach this other love
that tries to say muslims and other religoins , athiests serve and know the same GOD we do if they walked in this lovey do junk .
The next time one tries to plant the idea by saying
HEY JUDGER , what giveth thee the right to say that all other religoins are false
and in deadly dire danger lest they repent to believe ON JESUS CHRIST
For , they say , there are good people in every religion who loved GOD in their own way and did good .
SEE THE LIE YET .
THERE ARE GOOD PEOPLE in every religoin . BUT my question is , WHO IS GOOD .
if there be a man who is righteous and good and does not evil , THEN That man does not need to believe on JESUS THE CHRIST .
BUT WE BOTH NO KNOW MAN LIKE THAT EXISTS .
THERE IS ONLY ONE WHO IS GOOD and that IS GOD and JESUS CHRIST IS the ONLY HOPE , RIGHTEOUSNESS
ONLY NAME whereby one may be saved .
so repeat after me . THERE IS NONE WHO IS GOOD and has not sinned .
BUT THERE IS A WAY TO BE MADE RIGHTEOUS , THERE IS A WAY TO BE JUSITIFIED , TO BE COUNTED GOOD .
HIS NAME BE JESUS THE CHRIST and its TIME TO PREACH THE DIRE NEED TO HAVE BELIEVED ON HIM again .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don’t believe it’s the flesh that hinders the will of God...I believe it to be the old mindset, that has to be renewed, in order for us to come inline with the will of God..

We learn in the Spirit therefore are taught by the Spirit of God who indwells And has taken up residence in our spirit.
The old mindset is what is subjected unto the flesh . the mind of Christ is subjected unto the THINGS PLEASING TO GOD .
YE MUST be BORN AGAIN .
THAT WHICH IS OF THE FLESH IS FLESH
THAT WHICH IS OF THE SPIRIT IS SPIRIT .
and mark my next words WELL . any who is born again CALLETH JESUS NOT ACCURSED
they dont serve some other mindset and reject JESUS CHRIST .
IN FACT . Now heed this well .
IN FACT YE can only TRULY CALL HIM LORD by THE SPIRIT .
SO yea INCLUISIVIM IS BIG TIME FALSE . and i shall warn against its broad road false love till the day
i drop dead or JESUS COME . DO be encouraged .

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Romans 12:2 - And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The old mindset is what is subjected unto the flesh . the mind of Christ is subjected unto the THINGS PLEASING TO GOD .
YE MUST be BORN AGAIN .
THAT WHICH IS OF THE FLESH IS FLESH
THAT WHICH IS OF THE SPIRIT IS SPIRIT .
Subjected unto the flesh?

We aren’t in the flesh were in the Spirit...

Therefore the old mindset is what needs renewing , ..if one is Born Again the old mindset will get in line and submits to the will of God..of course the Spirit brings us to this spiritual understanding ..it’s all learning in the Spirit, when we become Born Again....we’re in Gods spiritual realm, we’re in the world ,we’re not of the world...imo, belief.

We never stop learning how to walk in the Spirit as we are being made into the image of Jesus, all according to God’s purpose and plan.....everything in our lives focus on God....because we are in the Spirit.

We are his vessel to do whatever is pleasing to him...

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rita, i don’t know about you, but when i read flesh, i tend to think of our souls, our mind, will, and emotions. Your right there is a renewing of the mind as you suggested.

”There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death. For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh: that the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit. For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace. Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be. So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God. But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his. And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness. But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you. Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh. For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.“
‭‭Romans‬ ‭8‬:‭1‬-‭13‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Okay.
In other words Gods in control most definitely...and I don’t mean he controls us like a robot, his Spirit works in us, to get us inline with his will....it’s a process....the sanctification process I believe.
I see a two way street. God reaching out down to us, as we reaching up to God. It’s a willful relationship that is constantly being acted upon in faith and trust.
Romans 12:2 - And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.
Yes, and that is to remove ourselves from our fleshly nature, by merit of the spirit.

I would deem our fleshly nature as Jesus says;

”Some Pharisees and some teachers of the law came from Jerusalem and gathered around Jesus. They saw that some of his followers ate food with hands that were not clean, meaning that they did not wash their hands in a special way. The Pharisees and all the other Jews never eat before washing their hands in this special way. They do this to follow the traditions they have from their great leaders who lived long ago. And when these Jews buy something in the market, they never eat it until they wash it in a special way. They also follow other rules from their people who lived before them. They follow rules like the washing of cups, pitchers, and pots. The Pharisees and teachers of the law said to Jesus, “Your followers don’t follow the traditions we have from our great leaders who lived long ago. They eat their food with hands that are not clean. Why do they do this?” Jesus answered, “You are all hypocrites. Isaiah was right when he wrote these words from God about you: ‘These people honor me with their words, but I am not really important to them. Their worship of me is worthless. The things they teach are only human rules.’ Isaiah 29:13 You have stopped following God’s commands, preferring instead the man-made rules you got from others.” Then he said, “You show great skill in avoiding the commands of God so that you can follow your own teachings! Moses said, ‘You must respect your father and mother.’ He also said, ‘Whoever says anything bad to their father or mother must be killed.’ But you teach that people can say to their father or mother, ‘I have something I could use to help you, but I will not use it for you. I will give it to God.’ You are telling people that they do not have to do anything for their father or mother. So you are teaching that it is not important to do what God said. You think it is more important to follow those traditions you have, which you pass on to others. And you do many things like that.” Jesus called the people to him again. He said, “Everyone should listen to me and understand what I am saying. There is nothing people can put in their mouth that will make them wrong. People are made wrong by what comes from inside them.” Then Jesus left the people and went into the house. The followers asked Jesus about what he had told the people. He said, “Do you still have trouble understanding? Surely you know that nothing that enters the mouth from the outside can make people unacceptable to God. Food does not go into a person’s mind. It goes into the stomach. Then it goes out of the body.” (When Jesus said this, he meant there is no food that is wrong for people to eat.) And Jesus said, “The things that make people wrong are the things that come from the inside. All these bad things begin inside a person, in the mind: bad thoughts, sexual sins, stealing, murder, adultery, greed, doing bad things to people, lying, doing things that are morally wrong, jealousy, insulting people, proud talking, and foolish living. These evil things come from inside a person. And these are the things that make people unacceptable to God.”“
‭‭Mark‬ ‭7‬:‭1‬-‭15‬, ‭17‬-‭23‬ ‭ERV‬‬

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Before debating WHAT the Kingdom of God IS…Learn HOW one enters ONCE and FOR EVER

So just reading the Bible is insufficient to learn how one enters…

Is that what you’re implying?

Because that’s cult control tactics.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Yes, and that is to remove ourselves from our fleshly nature, by merit of the spirit.
We have a new nature when we become Born Again.....it’s the old mindset we still have, that’s the part that needs renewing.....as we grow and mature in Christ .

2 Corinthians 5:17 - Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

Galatians 2:20 - I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

Isaiah 43:18-19 - Remember ye not the former things, neither consider the things of old. (Read More...)

2 Corinthians 5:17-21 - Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new. (Read More...)

Ezekiel 11:19-20 - And I will give them one heart, and I will put a new spirit within you; and I will take the stony heart out of their flesh, and will give them an heart of flesh:

Last edited:

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If people are capable of sinlessness, then why is nobody (except for Jesus Christ) without sin?

People are capable of ceasing from sin.

The opportunity to be sinless wasn’t available until the sacrifice of Christ on the cross.

God told his people in the Old Testament over and over again to STOP sinning.

They disobeyed and suffered terribly for it.

“If you will diligently listen to the voice of the LORD your God, and do that which is right in his eyes, and give ear to his commandments and keep all his statutes, I will put none of the diseases on you that I put on the Egyptians, for I am the LORD, your healer.”(Exodus 15:26)

God is not unjust to threaten us with consequences in acts out of our control.

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A person who thinks he is perfect and has earned his way to heaven.

As long as people have read the recent postings here they will know that this statement of yours is false.

I’m perfect because Christ made me perfect.

I’m sinless because Christ took away all my sins (1 John 1:7).

I’m going to heaven if I continue in the faith grounded and settled (Colossians 1:23).

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We have a new nature when we become Born Again.....it’s the old mindset we still have, that’s the part that needs renewing.....as we grow and mature in Christ .

You have to remember you have a body of flesh, like myself. While yes the Mind needs renewed, no one is going to be free of temptations. Even Jesus could have sinned…

”God’s word is alive and working. It is sharper than the sharpest sword and cuts all the way into us. It cuts deep to the place where the soul and the spirit are joined. God’s word cuts to the center of our joints and our bones. It judges the thoughts and feelings in our hearts. Nothing in all the world can be hidden from God. He can clearly see all things. Everything is open before him. And to him we must explain the way we have lived. We have a great high priest who has gone to live with God in heaven. He is Jesus the Son of God. So let us continue to express our faith in him. Jesus, our high priest, is able to understand our weaknesses. When Jesus lived on earth, he was tempted in every way. He was tempted in the same ways we are tempted, but he never sinned. With Jesus as our high priest, we can feel free to come before God’s throne where there is grace. There we receive mercy and kindness to help us when we need it.“
‭‭Hebrews‬ ‭4‬:‭12‬-‭16‬ ‭ERV‬‬

I have my weakness of my flesh I fall into. It’s mainly hatred, and anger! I’m also guilty of being a slothful man.

”There is more that I have to say about myself. It won’t help, but I will talk now about visions and revelations from the Lord. I know a man in Christ who was taken up to the third heaven. This happened 14 years ago. I don’t know if the man was in his body or out of his body, but God knows. And I know that this man was taken up to paradise. I don’t know if he was in his body or away from his body, but he heard things that he is not able to explain. He heard things that no one is allowed to tell. I will boast about a man like that, but I will not boast about myself. I will boast only about my weaknesses. But if I wanted to say more about myself, I would not be a fool, because I would be telling the truth. But I won’t say any more, because I don’t want people to think more of me than what they see me do or hear me say. But I must not be too proud of the wonderful things that were shown to me. So a painful problem was given to me—an angel from Satan, sent to make me suffer, so that I would not think that I am better than anyone else. I begged the Lord three times to take this problem away from me. But the Lord said, “My grace is all you need. Only when you are weak can everything be done completely by my power.” So I will gladly boast about my weaknesses. Then Christ’s power can stay in me. Yes, I am glad to have weaknesses if they are for Christ. I am glad to be insulted and have hard times. I am glad when I am persecuted and have problems, because it is when I am weak that I am really strong. I have been talking like a fool, but you made me do it. You people are the ones who should say good things about me. I am worth nothing, but those “super apostles” are not worth any more than I am! When I was with you, I patiently did the things that prove I am an apostle—signs, wonders, and miracles. So you received everything that the other churches have received. Only one thing was different: I was not a burden to you. Forgive me for this!“
‭‭2 Corinthians‬ ‭12‬:‭1‬-‭13‬ ‭ERV‬‬

We live in this flesh, now it has the spirit within it, all us have weakness so no one is able to boast before God, except only in the Lord! Everyone has temptations, while one may “sin” less than the prior lifestyle they lived, they aren’t going to stop having temptations coming up from the old man from time to time. Whether they give in or not is debated. God is faithful to help us in those times of temptations however which will you fall into first, the flesh or the spirit.

Sometimes people do mess up with someone only to later feel guilty and come back and reconcile if possible, to live in peace with all
People.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
@MatthewG ..will read your post later...I have to go out...bye for now...isn’t it lovely when we can discuss in a civilised manner.....this was something that took me a long time to learn....I kept going in and out of that old mindset...LOL

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I’m perfect because Christ made me perfect.

I’m sinless because Christ took away all my sins (1 John 1:7).
I believe this ,as you are right with God....he sees you as sinless and perfect, the slate has been wiped clean, imo, belief......he definitely takes away all our sins, I can remember being as light as a feather when he forgave my sins, ....still do.....what a burden they were to carry as a non believer as I once was....I didn’t know it at the time though, not until God made me Born Again via his Spirit...my opinion and belief.

Catch you all later, I must go!...

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Luke 18:9 - Also He spoke this parable to some who trusted in themselves that they were righteous, and despised others: 10 “Two men went up to the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector. 11 The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, ‘God, I thank You that I am not like other men—extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this tax collector. 12 I fast twice a week; I give tithes of all that I possess.’ 13 And the tax collector, standing afar off, would not so much as raise his eyes to heaven, but beat his breast, saying, ‘God, be merciful to me a sinner!’ 14 I tell you; this man went down to his house justified rather than the other; for everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted.”

That parable sounds so familiar to this discussion.
What amazes me, Is I bet he would say he was the tax collector and we were the pharisee.

Reactions: mailmandan

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who says? It can t?

You can renounce your faith. And the Holy Spirit moves out from you. You share a scripture right? It’s much better to see it in context.

God gives people what they want. He didn’t force any one to stay.
Your sealed with the spirit until the day of redemption.

Sorry, But this is said three times by paul in three different passages.. We can not just ignore it because it does not fit our belief system

Reactions: mailmandan

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
good morning @Eternally Grateful. Great name, would like you to know, that I hope you have a good day today. You are still on ignore, and your rebuttals will be ignored.

Let’s actually have a good day and live it before God as though we may die today.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2 Corinthians 5:17 - Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new. We have been changed. Praise God! To renounce one's faith would demonstrate to me that one's faith was never firmly rooted and established from the start. In scripture, we may see verses in the Bible that "on the surface" appear to teach the loss of salvation, yet we never see the specific words "lose or lost salvation." We also don't see the words UN-saved, UN-regenerated or UN-sealed by the Holy Spirit.

We are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation. (1 Peter 1:5) It's not about unable to resist but don't want to resist. I have more faith in God's preservation (Psalm 37:28; Jude 1:1) than I do in self-preservation. For me to choose to renounce my faith is unfathomable to me! I don't believe that God fatalistically chooses who will be saved and none of us have a choice in the matter, as taught in Calvinism.
And again.

John said those who are now anti-Christ (renounce their faith) have never been of us.. or they never wo9uld have left..

While we all agree they will nto be in heaven, one of us believes he lost salvation. while the other believe he never had it.

I belong to the second group

Status
Not open for further replies.