Once saved, always saved is a myth.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
”Brothers and sisters, when I was there, I could not talk to you the way I talk to people who are led by the Spirit. I had to talk to you like ordinary people of the world. You were like babies in Christ. And the teaching I gave you was like milk, not solid food. I did this because you were not ready for solid food. And even now you are not ready. You are still not following the Spirit. You are jealous of each other, and you are always arguing with each other. This shows that you are still following your own selfish desires. You are acting like ordinary people of the world. One of you says, “I follow Paul,” and someone else says, “I follow Apollos.” When you say things like that, you are acting like people of the world. Is Apollos so important? Is Paul so important? We are only servants of God who helped you believe. Each one of us did the work God gave us to do. I planted the seed and Apollos watered it. But God is the one who made the seed grow. So the one who plants is not important, and the one who waters is not important. Only God is important, because he is the one who makes things grow. The one who plants and the one who waters have the same purpose. And each one will be rewarded for his own work. We are workers together for God, and you are like a farm that belongs to God. And you are a house that belongs to God. Like an expert builder I built the foundation of that house. I used the gift that God gave me to do this. Other people are building on that foundation. But everyone should be careful how they build. The foundation that has already been built is Jesus Christ, and no one can build any other foundation. People can build on that foundation using gold, silver, jewels, wood, grass, or straw. But the work that each person does will be clearly seen, because the Day will make it plain. That Day will appear with fire, and the fire will test everyone’s work. If the building they put on the foundation still stands, they will get their reward. But if their building is burned up, they will suffer loss. They will be saved, but it will be like someone escaping from a fire. You should know that you yourselves are God’s temple. God’s Spirit lives in you. If you destroy God’s temple, God will destroy you, because God’s temple is holy. You yourselves are God’s temple. Don’t fool yourselves. Whoever thinks they are wise in this world should become a fool. That’s the only way they can be wise. I say this because the wisdom of this world is foolishness to God. As the Scriptures say, “He catches those who think they are wise in their own clever traps.” The Scriptures also say, “The Lord knows the thoughts of the wise. He knows that their thoughts are worth nothing.” So there is not a person on earth that any of you should be boasting about. Everything is yours: Paul, Apollos, Peter, the world, life, death, the present, and the future—all these are yours. And you belong to Christ, and Christ belongs to God.“
‭‭1 Corinthians‬ ‭3‬:‭1‬-‭23‬ ‭ERV‬‬

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Holy Bible is written in common simple terms.

Interesting for you to say that…
Certainly Scripture is written IN “COMMON” simple terms…
COMMON terms and meaning in the day it was written…

Not a mystery…men over centuries have changed the meaning of words…and their application thereof…

Have you not heard the terms…
Good…meaning changed?
Sick…..meaning changed?

How about:
As…..changed to “IS”?
Jesus appeared in the Likeness “AS” a men.
Men preach Jesus “IS” a HUMAN man….with the caveat silly mathematical equation of
100 percent human and 100 percent God…
The Created and the Creator…
Ridiculous.

How about the word “ARE”?
Some men “ARE” Saved NOW.
Some men are hoping to “BECOME Saved”…
Some men do not believe in Salvation or what Salvation means, or that it is obtainable NOW, ONCE, and For ever.

That should be your source of emulation.

My Source for Gods Knowledge, IS Scripture, and the Lord Himself.
My Source for Gods Understanding, IS the Lord God Himself…not Scripture, not human men.

AS Jesus said…
John 3:
[12] If I have told you earthly things, and ye believe not, how shall ye believe, if I tell you of heavenly things?

Glory to God,
Taken

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
”Sometimes people are not immediately punished for the bad things they do. Their punishment is slow to come, and that makes other people want to do bad things too.

A sinner might do a hundred evil things and still live a long time. But I know that it is still better to obey and respect God.

Evil people don’t respect God, so they will not get good things or live long lives. Their lives will not be like the shadows that become longer and longer as the sun goes down.

There is something else that happens on earth that does not seem fair. Bad things should happen to bad people, and good things should happen to good people. But sometimes bad things happen to good people, and good things happen to bad people.

This is not fair. So I decided it was more important to enjoy life because the best thing people can do in this life is to eat, drink, and enjoy life.

At least that will help people enjoy the hard work God gave them to do during their life on earth. I carefully studied the things people do in this life. I saw how busy people are. They work day and night, and they almost never sleep. I also saw that no one can understand all that God does.

People can try and try to understand the things that happen here on earth, but they cannot. There may be wise people who claim to understand the meaning of these things, but they are wrong. No one can understand it all.“
‭‭Ecclesiastes‬ ‭8‬:‭11‬-‭17‬ ‭ERV‬‬

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Interesting for you to say that…
Certainly Scripture is written IN “COMMON” simple terms…
COMMON terms and meaning in the day it was written…

Not a mystery…men over centuries have changed the meaning of words…and their application thereof…

Have you not heard the terms…
Good…meaning changed?
Sick…..meaning changed?

How about:
As…..changed to “IS”?
Jesus appeared in the Likeness “AS” a men.
Men preach Jesus “IS” a HUMAN man….with the caveat silly mathematical equation of
100 percent human and 100 percent God…
The Created and the Creator…
Ridiculous.

How about the word “ARE”?
Some men “ARE” Saved NOW.
Some men are hoping to “BECOME Saved”…
Some men do not believe in Salvation or what Salvation means, or that it is obtainable NOW, ONCE, and For ever.

My Source for Gods Knowledge, IS Scripture, and the Lord Himself.
My Source for Gods Understanding, IS the Lord God Himself…not Scripture, not human men.

AS Jesus said…
John 3:
[12] If I have told you earthly things, and ye believe not, how shall ye believe, if I tell you of heavenly things?

Glory to God,
Taken
The kjv , geneva and a few other older versions were not corrupted . I did a lot of homework to prove this .
In the library i went to actually learn and to prove to others the KJV was and is accurate .
Its men of today that have made many desciples of men through their own greek and hebrew interpretations
of what THEY claim , what THEY say it means . Just read it for you and things become clear quite quickly .
As far as salvation , HEED NOT the inclusive social diversity justice ten commandments etc .
As far as salvation , THERE BE BUT ONE NAME for that which is NEEDFUL . JESUS CHRIST .
and there are no GOOD PEOPLE if we examine what GOD considers good and what God considers evil .
EVERYONE has fallen not just short , BUT FAR FAR FAR SHORT OF THE GLORY OF GOD .
THUS you know what that means , FOLKS BETTER preach the DIRE NEED TO BELIEVE ON THAT NAME
and to teach ALL things HE DID say . cause AINT NOTHING else gonna save them
Even if pope franics and scores of others try and say so , THEY ARE DEAD wrong .
There may be folks in every religoin who do some good works at times , BUT THERE IS NONE that are GOOD .
And to DENY JESUS IS THE CHRIST and and follow another religoin , IS A DEATH SENTENCE

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
”Sometimes people are not immediately punished for the bad things they do. Their punishment is slow to come, and that makes other people want to do bad things too.

A sinner might do a hundred evil things and still live a long time. But I know that it is still better to obey and respect God.

Evil people don’t respect God, so they will not get good things or live long lives. Their lives will not be like the shadows that become longer and longer as the sun goes down.

There is something else that happens on earth that does not seem fair. Bad things should happen to bad people, and good things should happen to good people. But sometimes bad things happen to good people, and good things happen to bad people.

This is not fair. So I decided it was more important to enjoy life because the best thing people can do in this life is to eat, drink, and enjoy life.

At least that will help people enjoy the hard work God gave them to do during their life on earth. I carefully studied the things people do in this life. I saw how busy people are. They work day and night, and they almost never sleep. I also saw that no one can understand all that God does.

People can try and try to understand the things that happen here on earth, but they cannot. There may be wise people who claim to understand the meaning of these things, but they are wrong. No one can understand it all.“
‭‭Ecclesiastes‬ ‭8‬:‭11‬-‭17‬ ‭ERV‬‬
True it be that in this life those who do wicked often prosper in the things of this world .
they seem to have it far easier than most ,
But envy them not , Rather GO into the tabernacle of GOD and see their end .
While the lambs often suffer in this life and the world is not a lover of lambs
but rather a hater , THE END OF A sheep is GOOD . the end of the wicked .................DESTRUCTION .
TIME folks began again and anew to preach on the total dire and absolutely dire need to BELIEVE ON JESUS CHRIST .
for he or she who offers up another hope , will pay a dear and heavy price on the DAY OF THE LORD .
so let us offer up ONLY THE NAME OF JESUS CHRIST and no other name , no other religoin , and no false love
which cannot save . Rather preach ONLY the TRUE LOVE OF GOD , THE TRUE GOSPEL OF GOD
and never let a soul believe there to be any hope in any other religoin .
And never let a believer who is mouth only , CONTINUE IN THEIR DECEPTOIN that they are HIS .
cause dead faith IS NOT FAITH .
so lets hear the conclusoin , the sum of the matter .
LIP service to GOD AND HIS CHRIST , claims of faith and of belief IN HIM
and yet THE HEART is far from HIM , the works be evil , THAT ONE IS DECIEVING THEMSELVES .
SO TOO is the one who sayeth , OH there is no need to have beleived on HIM
confessed HIM as LORD and savoir , oh if they just did some good works and lovey do they are fine . CAUSE THAT BE A LIE TOO .
and it wont be saving squat . and any who is a co helper to that lie is gonna reap HEAVY DAMANATION on the day of the LORD .
Be encouraged .

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The kjv , geneva and a few other older versions were not corrupted . I did a lot of homework to prove this .
In the library i went to actually learn and to prove to others the KJV was and is accurate .
Its men of today that have made many desciples of men through their own greek and hebrew interpretations
of what THEY claim , what THEY say it means . Just read it for you and things become clear quite quickly .
As far as salvation , HEED NOT the inclusive social diversity justice ten commandments etc .
As far as salvation , THERE BE BUT ONE NAME for that which is NEEDFUL . JESUS CHRIST .
and there are no GOOD PEOPLE if we examine what GOD considers good and what God considers evil .
EVERYONE has fallen not just short , BUT FAR FAR FAR SHORT OF THE GLORY OF GOD .
THUS you know what that means , FOLKS BETTER preach the DIRE NEED TO BELIEVE ON THAT NAME
and to teach ALL things HE DID say . cause AINT NOTHING else gonna save them
Even if pope franics and scores of others try and say so , THEY ARE DEAD wrong .
There may be folks in every religoin who do some good works at times , BUT THERE IS NONE that are GOOD .
And to DENY JESUS IS THE CHRIST and and follow another religoin , IS A DEATH SENTENCE

Amen!

Reactions: amigo de christo

Marvelloustime

Sep 15, 2020
Heaven bound
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
True it be that in this life those who do wicked often prosper in the things of this world .
but rather a hater , THE END OF A sheep is GOOD . the end of the wicked .................DESTRUCTION .
TIME folks began again and anew to preach on the total dire and absolutely dire need to BELIEVE ON JESUS CHRIST .
for he or she who offers up another hope , will pay a dear and heavy price on the DAY OF THE LORD .
so let us offer up ONLY THE NAME OF JESUS CHRIST and no other name , no other religoin , and no false love
which cannot save . Rather preach ONLY the TRUE LOVE OF GOD , THE TRUE GOSPEL OF GOD
And never let a believer who is mouth only , CONTINUE IN THEIR DECEPTOIN that they are HIS .
and yet THE HEART is far from HIM , the works be evil , THAT ONE IS DECIEVING THEMSELVES .
confessed HIM as LORD and savoir , oh if they just did some good works and lovey do they are fine . CAUSE THAT BE A LIE TOO .
and it wont be saving squat . and any who is a co helper to that lie is gonna reap HEAVY DAMANATION on the day of the LORD .
Be encouraged .
save-image.png

• Love

Marvelloustime

Sep 15, 2020
Heaven bound
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Be encouraged .
save-image.png

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Common simple terms are well suited for common simple carnal minded conversation.

I happen to favor spiritual knowledge and spiritual understanding when engaging in a spiritual based conversation.

Do you think it condescending to encourage, or hope an other is capable, can engage in a spiritual conversation regarding spiritual things?

Do you think one is accountable for an other’s feelings?

God Bless you,
Taken
1 Corinthians 2:11 - For what man knows the things of a man except the spirit of the man which is in him? Even so no one knows the things of God except the Spirit of God. 12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, that we might know the things that have been freely given to us by God. 13 These things we also speak, not in words which man’s wisdom teaches but which the Holy Spirit teaches, comparing spiritual things with spiritual. 14 But the natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; nor can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Corinthians 2:11 - For what man knows the things of a man except the spirit of the man which is in him? Even so no one knows the things of God except the Spirit of God. 12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, that we might know the things that have been freely given to us by God. 13 These things we also speak, not in words which man’s wisdom teaches but which the Holy Spirit teaches, comparing spiritual things with spiritual. 14 But the natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; nor can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

Not a Secret…some mens TRUTHS parallel the Lord Gods Truth….and some mens TRUTHS parallel other mens MINDS truths.
….and from there…the disagreement and debate is on….and easily can be Deflected off point to a name calling fest, AS IF…calling an other….ANTI-blah,blah….A LIAR, blah, blah….it MAKES THEM “correct”.

Oldest trick in the BOOK…
Satan played that trick on Eve…
Eve was not “PREPARED” in Gods fullness of TRUTH, to compete with the underhandedness of Satan….
SAME thing has occurred for centuries and generation after generation….

Dumb down the People at Large to the lowest denominator and they will NOT be Prepared to over-come the enemy with the Truth.

The Conundrum…Living in an Age whereby Prophecy is unfolding at an immeasurable rate, and while the ENDING is glorious, the going through the daily unfolding is saddening, disturbing, maddening, disgusting, miserable…

The Needs BE, to lean on the Lord and surround oneself with (TRUE) Brothers “IN” Christ….which REQUIRES discernment…
(And imo, sorely lacking).

God Bless you,
Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Once SAVED, IS a man “IN” which the Holy Spirit of God Dwells “IN” that man.

Once the Holy Spirit of God Dwells “IN” a man …. FOR EVER and EVER;
THAT man “IS” with God
AND
GOD “IS” with that man.

THE MYTH IS: men PRETENDING they have been Baptized with the Holy Spirit, and then claim THEY “QUIT” believing in God…

THEY ARE LIARS, murderers OF Gods WORD, essentially CLAIMING….
Gods Spirit entered “IN” them….but was “TOO WEAK” to KEEP them IN FAITH.

What a CROCK of man-made, man-taught, corrupt MIND-ful nonsense.

A man IS NOT KEPT IN FAITH by his own Power….
Man is weak, vulnerable, easily tempted, easily conned.
NO POWER surpasses Gods POWER.

IF and WHEN Gods POWER enters INTO a man…NOTHING whatsoever CAN pluck, remove, THAT man from the CLUTCHES of Gods Hand.

You think men can CHANGE their MINDS?
It’s TRUE…men CAN Change their MINDS.

You think men can Mindfully Believe AND BE SAVED? Yes? Wrong ANSWER!

Men are ONLY SAVED by the TRUE, Belief, “THOUGHTS” IN their HEARTS…not their MINDS!

Men who CLAIM, they believed, and now they DON’T….changed their MINDS….
They believed with their MIND.
They MADE a Claim according to their MINDS thoughts.
They CLAIM they “WERE” Saved…
THEY LIED.
THEY NEVER believed, nor confessed Belief with their Hearts.
They FOOLED men.
They DID NOT FOOL God.

Glory to God,
Taken

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Once SAVED, IS a man “IN” which the Holy Spirit of God Dwells “IN” that man.

Once the Holy Spirit of God Dwells “IN” a man …. FOR EVER and EVER;
THAT man “IS” with God
AND
GOD “IS” with that man.

THE MYTH IS: men PRETENDING they have been Baptized with the Holy Spirit, and then claim THEY “QUIT” believing in God…

THEY ARE LIARS, murderers OF Gods WORD, essentially CLAIMING….
Gods Spirit entered “IN” them….but was “TOO WEAK” to KEEP them IN FAITH.

What a CROCK of man-made, man-taught, corrupt MIND-ful nonsense.

A man IS NOT KEPT IN FAITH by his own Power….
Man is weak, vulnerable, easily tempted, easily conned.
NO POWER surpasses Gods POWER.

IF and WHEN Gods POWER enters INTO a man…NOTHING whatsoever CAN pluck, remove, THAT man from the CLUTCHES of Gods Hand.

You think men can CHANGE their MINDS?
It’s TRUE…men CAN Change their MINDS.

You think men can Mindfully Believe AND BE SAVED? Yes? Wrong ANSWER!

Men are ONLY SAVED by the TRUE, Belief, “THOUGHTS” IN their HEARTS…not their MINDS!

Men who CLAIM, they believed, and now they DON’T….changed their MINDS….
They believed with their MIND.
They MADE a Claim according to their MINDS thoughts.
They CLAIM they “WERE” Saved…
THEY LIED.
THEY NEVER believed, nor confessed Belief with their Hearts.
They FOOLED men.
They DID NOT FOOL God.

Glory to God,
Taken
Unless a person renounces their faith… that’s the only thing. Turning away from God completely. God knows who do so, could have been believers who choose to believe other things rather than in him.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Our purpose is to help other continue in believing. Not become faithless, and ever turning away from God. People have to decide.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Unless a person renounces their faith… that’s the only thing. Turning away from God completely. God knows who do so, could have been believers who choose to believe other things rather than in him.
Again

John said they were never of us.

I think we should listen to John and not try to make him contradict Jesus

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Our purpose is to help other continue in believing. Not become faithless, and ever turning away from God. People have to decide.
if one teaches salvation can be lost. There is no real hope. Only in self.

Thats why many try to persuade people to walk away from a worthless salvation that can be lost.

John said he told us we HAVE eternal life, it is this fact that we have eternal life. that keeps us from losing faith.

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

You can choose to come up with foolish deductions as to why your fleshly self cannot obey the word, or choose obey it and put the flesh to suffering

The choice is yours.

“By faith Moses, when he was come to years, refused to be called the son of Pharaoh's daughter; Choosing rather to suffer affliction with the people of God, than to enjoy the pleasures of sin for a season” (Hebrews 11:24-25, KJV)

“And you, that were sometime alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now hath he reconciled In the body of his flesh through death, to present you holy and unblameable and unreproveable in his sight: If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel” (Colossians 1:21-23, KJV)

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Thats why many try to persuade people to walk away from a worthless salvation that can be lost.

John said he told us we HAVE eternal life, it is this fact that we have eternal life. that keeps us from losing faith.
Unless you renounce your faith… that’s the caveat.

We aren’t here to make people lose faith, but to continue to allow people to be hopefully and encourage them to call out to God and not lose hope…

You can continue to say this or that, but renouncing one’s prior position is something expressed in all and throughout the entire Bible, if you ask me.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You can choose to come up with foolish deductions as to why your fleshly self cannot obey the word, or choose obey it and put the flesh to suffering

The choice is yours.

“By faith Moses, when he was come to years, refused to be called the son of Pharaoh's daughter; Choosing rather to suffer affliction with the people of God, than to enjoy the pleasures of sin for a season” (Hebrews 11:24-25, KJV)

“And you, that were sometime alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now hath he reconciled In the body of his flesh through death, to present you holy and unblameable and unreproveable in his sight: If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel” (Colossians 1:21-23, KJV)
lol

My friend

if you want to earn your eternal life. Feel free

Count me out.. I became like the tax collector. and I went home justified. And I HAVE ETERNAL LIFE

1 John 5: 11 And this is the testimony: that God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. 12 He who has the Son has life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have life. 13 These things I have written to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, that you may know that you have eternal life, and that you may continue to believe in the name of the Son of God.

I have the son
I have eternal life
It is that basis of fact that keeps me believing when times are down, when all seems against me. When I struggle with life.

Sorry my friend. You offer me no hope.. No hope equals no faith.

Status
Not open for further replies.