Once saved, always saved is a myth.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Unless you renounce your faith… that’s the caveat.
Again, THAT IS NO HOPE

You are trusting self. Not God.

We aren’t here to make people lose faith, but to continue to allow people to be hopefully and encourage them to call out to God and not lose hope…

You can continue to say this or that, but renouncing one’s prior position is something expressed in all and throughout the entire Bible, if you ask me.
If you tell them salvation can be lost. You offer them no hope.; only in self.

We are pitiful if we trust self. and not the God who saved us

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
lol

My friend

if you want to earn your eternal life. Feel free

Count me out.. I became like the tax collector. and I went home justified. And I HAVE ETERNAL LIFE

1 John 5: 11 And this is the testimony: that God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. 12 He who has the Son has life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have life. 13 These things I have written to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, that you may know that you have eternal life, and that you may continue to believe in the name of the Son of God.

I have the son
I have eternal life
It is that basis of fact that keeps me believing when times are down, when all seems against me. When I struggle with life.

Sorry my friend. You offer me no hope.. No hope equals no faith.
SO why are more and more starting to believe a lie .
a lie that states the other religions , even atheists , if they jus love their neighbor and did good are fine .
WHEN IN TRUTH that is nutting more than saying they are EARNING SALVATION by means OF THEIR OWN SELVES .
yeah . only satan is slick and uses the word love as though the love he preaches IS THE LOVE OF GOD .
time we kick the bridge building , tearing down walls , inclusive social false love go spell OUT OF THE CHURCHES FOREVER .
and rather start pointing AGAIN to the DIRE NEED TO BELIEVE ON JESUS CHRIST and teaching all things HE did teach .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Again, THAT IS NO HOPE

we are truly pitiful if we also trust in this other social love stuff that says others in other religoins or atheists
know GOD , are fine if they just love and etc . cause THAT IS TOTALLY A LIE .
AND IT AINT LOVE , AND IT AINT COMING FROM GOD . Yeah me thinks its high time
we kick the RCC UNITY SOCIAL INCLUSIVE BRIDGE BUILDING < HEALING THE WOUND
OUT OF all churches and rather get busy preachin JESUS and all biblical sound doctrine , and my advice is
QUICKLY TOO , cause many aint gonna like what they get told ONCE THE DOOR SHUTS and they wailing begins .

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
SO why are more and more starting to believe a lie .
a lie that states the other religions , even atheists , if they jus love their neighbor and did good are fine .
WHEN IN TRUTH that is nutting more than saying they are EARNING SALVATION by means OF THEIR OWN SELVES .
yeah . only satan is slick and uses the word love as though the love he preaches IS THE LOVE OF GOD .
time we kick the bridge building , tearing down walls , inclusive social false love go spell OUT OF THE CHURCHES FOREVER .
and rather start pointing AGAIN to the DIRE NEED TO BELIEVE ON JESUS CHRIST and teaching all things HE did teach .
It started with Cain..

He was angry when God rejected his human Good also.

• Love
Reactions: amigo de christo

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Again, THAT IS NO HOPE

What is salvation to you? Do you understand how I see it or have asked me?

Reactions: Wynona

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Again, THAT IS NO HOPE

tell and reminding the church to continue in Christ unto the end is a very good reminder indeed .
paul knew , peter knew how to remind . now we should too .
but never offer up any false hope or idea that somehow we saved ourselves .
For We are soley saved by the grace of GOD , kept through faith
and ITS HE worketh in the lambs that which is well pleasing in HIS SIGHT .
but to warn the church , to remind the peoples
as DID the apostels , as DID JESUS , IS GOOD and worketh good unto the hearer and doer .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
tell and reminding the church to continue in Christ unto the end is a very good reminder indeed .
paul knew , peter knew how to remind . now we should too .
but never offer up any false hope or idea that somehow we saved ourselves .
For We are soley saved by the grace of GOD , kept through faith
and ITS HE worketh in the lambs that which is well pleasing in HIS SIGHT .
but to warn the church , to remind the peoples
as DID the apostels , as DID JESUS , IS GOOD and worketh good unto the hearer and doer .
So we are working to earn salvation in the end?

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I really don't understand the point of OSAS?
From what I have seen it’s a derogatory term used by people who do not believe in eternal security to those who do believe in eternal security. I actually never heard of the term into I came into a christian chat room a few years. Ago

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
From what I have seen it’s a derogatory term used by people who do not believe in eternal security to those who do believe in eternal security. I actually never heard of the term into I came into a christian chat room a few years. Ago
I was actually referring to the doctrine itself. What's the point in preaching "eternal security"?

Reactions: O'Darby

O'Darby

Feb 17, 2024
Arizona
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was actually referring to the doctrine itself. What's the point in preaching "eternal security"?
In my observation, it almost becomes a cult-like form of obsessive madness - a pretty-much-meaningless litmus test to separate "real Christians like ME" from "those of little faith like YOU." Not only does it lack strong biblical support, not only is it potentially misleadingly dangerous, but as I've said repeatedly, I cannot see that being OSAS or non-OSAS would make the SLIGHTEST DIFFERENCE TO MY CHRISTIAN WALK. I have not been on one forum where every single OSAS thread did not turn into the poster child for "THE WORST OF 'CHRISTIANITY'."

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Those who know they are “ Born Of The Spirit “ they can only know by the Spirit testifying with our spirit that we are Gods children, that is the supernatural spiritual rebirth.

We know that 100% as we have been Born Again of imperishable/ incorruptible seed that liveth and abideth forever.....you can’t erase Gods Spirit from your heart/ spirit...it’s a done deal....he made our spirit Born Again...this is my testimony band belief.

We have the witness of the Holy Spirit , witnessing Gods truth to our heart/spirit all day every day....we are continually growing, maturing and being made into the image of Jesus...Praise God for that Honour.

Of course this that I have spoken could not be understood in the carnal mind.

Speaking from experience, my brother in law was Born Again...as a non believer as I once was,,, I thought he was “ bonkers”!!..LOL....because I too was carnal ..no understanding of spiritual matters.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In my observation, it almost becomes a cult-like form of obsessive madness - a pretty-much-meaningless litmus test to separate "real Christians like ME" from "those of little faith like YOU." Not only does it lack strong biblical support, not only is it potentially misleadingly dangerous, but as I've said repeatedly, I cannot see that being OSAS or non-OSAS would make the SLIGHTEST DIFFERENCE TO MY CHRISTIAN WALK. I have not been on one forum where every single OSAS thread did not turn into the poster child for "THE WORST OF 'CHRISTIANITY'."
I think we agree. I just don't see the point of OSAS.

O'Darby

Feb 17, 2024
Arizona
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Those who know they are “ Born Of The Spirit “ they can only know by the Spirit testifying with our spirit that we are Gods children, that is the supernatural spiritual rebirth.

We know that 100% as we have been Born Again of imperishable/ incorruptible seed that liveth and abideth forever.....you can’t erase Gods Spirit from your heart/ spirit...it’s a done deal....he made our spirit Born Again...this is my testimony band belief.

We have the witness of the Holy Spirit , witnessing Gods truth to our heart/spirit all day every day....we are continually growing, maturing and being made into the image of Jesus...Praise God for that Honour.

Of course this that I have spoken could not be understood in the carnal mind.

Speaking from experience, my brother in law was Born Again...as a non believer as I once was,,, I thought he was “ bonkers”!!..LOL....because I too was carnal ..no understanding of spiritual matters.
The born-again passage in John simply says one must be born again to see the kingdom of God. It doesn't equate being born again to having eternal security. Being born in the flesh is merely entry into the human race, not a guarantee of living to be a mature adult. I believe that being born again is likewise an entry point, not a destination.

Reactions: amadeus

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The born-again passage in John simply says one must be born again to see the kingdom of God. It doesn't equate being born again to having eternal security. Being born in the flesh is merely entry into the human race, not a guarantee of living to be a mature adult. I believe that being born again is likewise an entry point, not a destination.
Born Again is exactly what God says it is...Spirit gives birth to spirit...we are Born Again of imperishable seed that “ liveth and abideth forever “a Born Again can NEVER lose their salvation...the moment they were birthed in the Spirit, they were saved from eternal damnation.. .the Holy Spirit has taken up residence in our heart when he makes our spirit Born Again..and as I’ve already explained this is a supernatural spiritual birth, that can only be witnessed to our spirit by the Holy Spirit..it’s an amazing mind blowing spiritual rebirth...it’s a Living spiritual rebirth..

Being Born in the flesh is an entry into the human race..just as Spirit gives birth to spirit is an entry into the Spiritual Kingdom Of God.....you can only enter into that Kingdom by the Spirit Of God.which is a mind blowing spiritual rebirth...

1 Corinthians 2:14
Audio Crossref Comment Greek
Verse (Click for Chapter)
New International Version
The person without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God but considers them foolishness, and cannot understand them because they are discerned only through the Spirit.

New Living Translation
But people who aren’t spiritual can’t receive these truths from God’s Spirit. It all sounds foolish to them and they can’t understand it, for only those who are spiritual can understand what the Spirit means.

English Standard Version
The natural person does not accept the things of the Spirit of God, for they are folly to him, and he is not able to understand them because they are spiritually discerned.

Berean Standard Bible
The natural man does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God. For they are foolishness to him, and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually discerned.

Last edited:

O'Darby

Feb 17, 2024
Arizona
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Born Again is exactly what God says it is...Spirit gives birth to spirit...we are Born Again of imperishable seed that “ liveth and abideth forever “a Born Again can NEVER lose their salvation...the moment they were birthed in the Spirit, they were saved from eternal damnation.. .the Holy Spirit has taken up residence in our heart when he makes our spirit Born Again..and as I’ve already explained this is a supernatural spiritual birth, that can only be witnessed to our spirit by the Holy Spirit..it’s an amazing mind blowing spiritual rebirth...it’s a Living spiritual rebirth..

Being Born in the flesh is an entry into the human race..just as Spirit gives birth to spirit is an entry into the Spiritual Kingdom Of God.....you can only enter into that Kingdom by the Spirit Of God.

1 Corinthians 2:14
Audio Crossref Comment Greek
Verse (Click for Chapter)
New International Version
The person without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God but considers them foolishness, and cannot understand them because they are discerned only through the Spirit.

New Living Translation
But people who aren’t spiritual can’t receive these truths from God’s Spirit. It all sounds foolish to them and they can’t understand it, for only those who are spiritual can understand what the Spirit means.

English Standard Version
The natural person does not accept the things of the Spirit of God, for they are folly to him, and he is not able to understand them because they are spiritually discerned.

Berean Standard Bible
The natural man does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God. For they are foolishness to him, and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually discerned.
And that's what you believe! I happen to think it makes Christianity a third-rate cartoon, but why would you care what I or anyone else believes?

Status
Not open for further replies.