Once saved, always saved is a myth.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
And that's what you believe! I happen to think it makes Christianity a third-rate cartoon, but why would you care what I or anyone else believes?
Exactly, that is what I believe....you are entitled to make my testimony and belief whatever you like.

Why would I care what you believe?....none of my business what you believe..

I’m here to Glorify God!..not to get personal...been there done all that..non edifying and certainly not fruit bearing......Praise God he keeps me away from arguing....his word penetrated my heart regarding arguing.....so, I’d be a fool to continue in it...consequences comes with disobedience to the word of God, especially when he has spoken to your heart over it.....I argued out of ignorance, I have no excuse now...all in my opinion,and belief of course.

To Glorify his mighty power, to Glorify his mighty power in the death and resurrection of the Lord Jesus...Gods word is Alive and Active..it can’t be contained...Praise His Holy Name...

Last edited:

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe because of Jesus victory, he on the behalf of all people paid for their sins, saves them from death, saves them from Satan, saves them from going to hell.

The only thing that keeps a person from going into the kingdom of Heavenly Jerusalem is faithlessness.

@Ritajanice, that’s salvation that is given to all on behalf of Christ. There just is not deliverance into the kingdom without faith, cause we are transferring into when we believe on the son.

Would you find these implausible to be forwarded as a gift to all mankind? With the seclusion of said faith that gains access into?

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The born-again passage in John simply says one must be born again to see the kingdom of God. It doesn't equate being born again to having eternal security. Being born in the flesh is merely entry into the human race, not a guarantee of living to be a mature adult. I believe that being born again is likewise an entry point, not a destination.
Actually yes it does

1. Must be born again to enter the kingdom

2. We are born again by looking to the cross in faith

3. If we do this, we are born again, and will NEVER PERISH and HAVE ETERNAL LIFE

there is your eternal security.

O'Darby

Feb 17, 2024
Arizona
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually yes it does

1. Must be born again to enter the kingdom

2. We are born again by looking to the cross in faith

3. If we do this, we are born again, and will NEVER PERISH and HAVE ETERNAL LIFE

there is your eternal security.
And babies can't die, right? OK, this is your theology. Odd that it isn't and never has been the theology of by far the two oldest and largest branches of Christendom, not to mention a fair portion of the Protestant community. My guess is that if you confronted the historical Jesus with many of these Protestant "certainties," He'd look at you like you were from some other planet. It's always interesting to me as well how many of these divisive doctrines have their origin in the Gospel of John and/or Revelation.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Being born again is where life beings with God and a relationship is maintained between the believers and God. Through faithfulness, doubt, unsurity, acting in nonfaith they still believe in the death, burial, and resurrection and don’t turn from it unless they turn from it completely.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I believe because of Jesus victory, he on the behalf of all people paid for their sins, saves them from death, saves them from Satan, saves them from going to hell.

The only thing that keeps a person from going into the kingdom of Heavenly Jerusalem is faithlessness.

@Ritajanice, that’s salvation that is given to all on behalf of Christ. There just is not deliverance into the kingdom without faith, cause we are transferring into when we believe on the son.

Would you find these implausible to be forwarded as a gift to all mankind? With the seclusion of said faith that gains access into?
If the gift of Faith was given to all of mankind wouldn’t Gods word say so and why is there the Lake of fire?

May I also ask...how can one believe in God without the witness of the Holy Spirit ,when he makes our spirit Born Again?

What’s your understanding of the spiritual rebirth?

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Being born again is where life beings with God and a relationship is maintained between the believers and God. Through faithfulness, doubt, unsurity, acting in nonfaith they still believe in the death, burial, and resurrection and don’t turn from it unless they turn from it completely.
Ah...you answered just as I posted.LOL....thanks for your opinion and belief....as mine also,an opinion and belief.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If the gift of Faith was given to all of mankind wouldn’t Gods word say so and why is there the Lake of fire?

May I also ask...how can one believe in God without the witness of the Holy Spirit ,when he makes our spirit Born Again?

What’s your understanding of the spiritual rebirth?
Why are people baptized not only in the Holy Spirit;

But fire too?

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And babies can't die, right? OK, this is your theology. Odd that it isn't and never has been the theology of by far the two oldest and largest branches of Christendom, not to mention a fair portion of the Protestant community. My guess is that if you confronted the historical Jesus with many of these Protestant "certainties," He'd look at you like you were from some other planet. It's always interesting to me as well how many of these divisive doctrines have their origin in the Gospel of John and/or Revelation.
What does babies dieing having to do with the promise that whoever is born again will never perish and live forever?

The 2 oldest christian what?

The jew is the oldest people of God and they crucified Christ.

You either believe in the promise of God or you do not

There is on gospel. not multiple. Paul said anyone who taught a different one was to be accursed.

so both OSAS and NOSAS can not both be right. It does matter, and whoever we are. we better be sure we are right.

Don;t listen to men (doctrine) but to the word of God.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

But fire too?
How can you believe in God without his Spirit?

I was baptised in the Holy Spirit...he made my spirit Born Again...which is a supernatural spiritual rebirth.

Baptised in fire?...I can only relate to being Born Of The Spirit..the Spirit testifies with our spirit that we are Gods children.......my opinion/ testimony and belief.

Can you now answer my question above please?

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

But fire too?

Commentary..​

Jesus baptizes us in the Holy Spirit and that is a second experience. He immerses us into the presence of God and spiritual giftings manifest out of that. But the baptism of fire is really a time of suffering where God allows or even engineers a time where we need to depend totally on Him.

My words.we serve an “ Amazing “ God...

My words....obedience was another hard lesson I had to learn....

I’m in a situation at the moment where I have to totally depend on God...been in this situation for years,and have suffered great heart ache over it...,,he brought me from depending on self...to completely be dependent on him 100%....I can do nothing in self, only in the Spirit .....boy was that a very hard lesson to learn, I learnt it though,LOL...all in my opinion and belief.

Matthew 3​

King James Version​

3 In those days came John the Baptist, preaching in the wilderness of Judaea,
2 And saying, Repent ye: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.
3 For this is he that was spoken of by the prophet Esaias, saying, The voice of one crying in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make his paths straight.
4 And the same John had his raiment of camel's hair, and a leathern girdle about his loins; and his meat was locusts and wild honey.
5 Then went out to him Jerusalem, and all Judaea, and all the region round about Jordan,
6 And were baptized of him in Jordan, confessing their sins.
7 But when he saw many of the Pharisees and Sadducees come to his baptism, he said unto them, O generation of vipers, who hath warned you to flee from the wrath to come?
8 Bring forth therefore fruits meet for repentance:
9 And think not to say within yourselves, We have Abraham to our father: for I say unto you, that God is able of these stones to raise up children unto Abraham.
10 And now also the axe is laid unto the root of the trees: therefore every tree which bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.
11 I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance. but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire:
12 Whose fan is in his hand, and he will throughly purge his floor, and gather his wheat into the garner; but he will burn up the chaff with unquenchable fire.
13 Then cometh Jesus from Galilee to Jordan unto John, to be baptized of him.
14 But John forbad him, saying, I have need to be baptized of thee, and comest thou to me?
15 And Jesus answering said unto him, Suffer it to be so now: for thus it becometh us to fulfil all righteousness. Then he suffered him.
16 And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him:
17 And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

Last edited:

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That’s odd.

I listen to the word of God. But when I share what the word of God says men like you want me to listen to you (a man) instead.

:contemplate:
No

You pick and chose verses out of the word you think support you.

You also cause the word of God to contradict.

You also say God gave you the power to not sin. But God can not keep you from turning away (a massive contradiction)

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

A Born Again has been set free from Sin.....when God made them Born Again.....only the word of God can penetrate the heart/ spirit of his child....​

Romans 6:14-23​

King James Version​

14 For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.
15 What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.
16 Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?
17 But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you.
18 Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness.
19 I speak after the manner of men because of the infirmity of your flesh: for as ye have yielded your members servants to uncleanness and to iniquity unto iniquity; even so now yield your members servants to righteousness unto holiness.
20 For when ye were the servants of sin, ye were free from righteousness.
21 What fruit had ye then in those things whereof ye are now ashamed? for the end of those things is death.
22 But now being made free from sin, and become servants to God, ye have your fruit unto holiness, and the end everlasting life.
23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

1 John 3:9

King James Version

9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

Status
Not open for further replies.