Once saved, always saved is a myth.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
BELIEVE YE IN JESUS CHRIST .
ponder on that for a bit .
cause there is no man , woman or child
that can say in TRUTH , that if one ceased to believe in JESUS the CHRIST , still they be saved .
Can you show me a person who had TRUE saving faith that they were sinners. That they were headed to destruction. they got on their knees and in desperation cried out to Jesus to be saved. and after receiving all the things God gives his children, all of a sudden changed their mind (repented back) and now no longer believe they were in any danger, that they were sinners, and no longer needed saved?

Other than that, I agree, anyone who does not believe wilol not be in heaven. Although God did nto make a mistake and give them eternal life and now has to take it back..
How bout a much worse punishment awaits such .
I believe many will walk among us, say they have believed, even act like believers, who for one reason or another, never made th eleap to true repentance and salvation. yet they had it in their grasp. It will be worse for them, imagine spending eternity knowing you had salvation in your grasp and you walk away at the last minute..

And yes , I ALREADY know if any does come out from amongst us they were NOT of us .
Well that is the word of God not mine,
But? So we question God?
to answer your question .
BELIEVE YE IN JESUS CHRIST . let no man be moved away from the hope of the gospel
and into the hope of the devils false all inclusive co exist many path lie that damns only the soul of any and of all
who loved its lie and rejected the actual LOVE of the TRUTH , the BELIEVE YE IN JESUS CHRIST gospel
the one that says That CONFESSION of HIM is made unto salvation
beliving he rose from the dead , righteousness . You know that one . that one . not this other pile of stink
inclusive social gospel they try and pass off as a gospel .
But these people who walked away, NEVER did that.

That is why they never received salvation. why they never experienced Gods full love, why they were never changed, why as a dog they returned to their vomit, Because they were still a dog..

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
you think you are righteous and do not need saved.

This is outrageous.

I’m righteous because I believe the real BIBLICAL gospel and will be saved if I continue in the faith grounded and settled.

“If ye know that he is righteous, ye know that every one that doeth righteousness is born of him.” (1 John 2:29, KJV)

If you’re born of him than you will only do righteousness because you continually seek spiritual things.

“For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.” (Romans 8:5, KJV)

And when you walk continually in the spirit you will NOT fulfill the lusts of the flesh.

“This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.” (Galatians 5:16, KJV)

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is outrageous.

I’m righteous because I believe the real BIBLICAL gospel and will be saved if I continue in the faith grounded and settled.
But your not righteous.
“If ye know that he is righteous, ye know that every one that doeth righteousness is born of him.” (1 John 2:29, KJV)
This does not make them righteous.
If you’re born of him than you will only do righteousness because you continually seek spiritual things.
Yes, You have bought into this lie that you will never sin.. But wait. You think you can still turn away. so much for being perfect
“For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.” (Romans 8:5, KJV)

And when you walk continually in the spirit you will NOT fulfill the lusts of the flesh.

“This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.” (Galatians 5:16, KJV)
Amen, WHEN we walk n the spirit

No one does this 24/7. and as the apostle john says, those who think they do are deceived.

You want to be deceived feel free. Count me out

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But your not righteous.

Why not?

“…the eyes of the Lord are over the righteous, and his ears are open unto their prayers: but the face of the Lord is against them that do evil.” (1 Peter 3:12, KJV)

You have bought into this lie that you will never sin.. But wait. You think you can still turn away. so much for being perfect

I will not sin as long as I continue in the faith grounded and settled. You have to stay on the right path, stay in the spirit. In order to do this one must die daily (1 Corinthians 15:31) and suffer in the flesh daily (1 Peter 4:1).

we walk n the spirit

No one does this 24/7.

Why not?

What things of the flesh do you like to do?

Don’t you strive to be faithful to our Lord?

It’s one or the other @Eternally Grateful

You sit there and tell me you are double minded with God versus the world. That’s a lukewarm follower.

Beware!

“So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.” (Revelation 3:16, KJV)

Also:

“A double minded man is unstable in all his ways.” (James 1:8, KJV)

Here’s the remedy:

“Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded.” (James 4:8, KJV)

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why not?

“…the eyes of the Lord are over the righteous, and his ears are open unto their prayers: but the face of the Lord is against them that do evil.” (1 Peter 3:12, KJV)

I will not sin as long as I continue in the faith grounded and settled. You have to stay on the right path, stay in the spirit. In order to do this one must die daily (1 Corinthians 15:31) and suffer in the flesh daily (1 Peter 4:1).
Abraham BELIEVED God and it was ACCOUNTED to him for righteousness.

Stop lowing Gods standard. and thinking you make it

I am righteous because the blood of Christ has cleansed me from all sin. Not because I am a good person. As Jesus said, No one is GOOD but God.
Why not?

What things of the flesh do you like to do?
Who said I like to do things in the flesh. Come on man. Stop excusing your sin..
Don’t you strive to be faithful to our Lord?
Who said I did not?

It’s one or the other @Eternally Grateful

You sit there and tell me you are double minded with God versus the world. That’s a lukewarm follower.

Beware!

“So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.” (Revelation 3:16, KJV)

Also:

“A double minded man is unstable in all his ways.” (James 1:8, KJV)

Here’s the remedy:

“Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded.” (James 4:8, KJV)
yawn.

Paul did not achieve sinlessness. I am not going to put myself greater than Paul

But you do what you want. Boast in self. i will boast in God.

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Abraham BELIEVED God and it was ACCOUNTED to him for righteousness.

Yes.

But this is also truth:

“Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous.” (1 John 3:7, KJV)

I can cope with both scriptures being valid and true.

Why must you delete one scripture in favor of another?

Don’t lean on you own understanding (Proverbs 3:5).

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes.

But this is also truth:

“Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous.” (1 John 3:7, KJV)

I can cope with both scriptures being valid and true.

Why must you delete one scripture in favor of another?

Don’t lean on you own understanding (Proverbs 3:5).
Everyone who is saved DOES RIGHTEOUS WORKS

it does not make them perfect or righteous.

Gods standard is perfection.. Only one man ever hit that standard.

You can't cope with truth, Only your flawed version of the truth..

• Haha
Reactions: Michiah-Imla

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Only your flawed version of the truth..

Not my truth, God’s truth!

“He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil. Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.” (1 John 3:8-9, KJV)

I can leave this scripture without commentary.

You and @mailmandan must provide a cunning explanation as to why this verse doesn’t really say what it says.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not my truth, God’s truth!

“He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil. Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.” (1 John 3:8-9, KJV)
Well then EVERYONE is of the devil then
I can leave this scripture without commentary.

You and @mailmandan must provide a cunning explanation as to why this verse doesn’t really say what it says.
If you actually study the passage, it speaks of a person who continually sins, has a lifestyle of sin. is lost..\

But you will give your own commentary.. because you think your sinless.

But I can play your game too

8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. 9 If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar, and His word is not in us.

You are deceived.

Reactions: mailmandan

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

An erroneous deduction.

So since you obey unrighteousness and sin (occasionally I suppose), Everyone else must be an occasional servant to unrighteousness like you?

If you actually study the passage

I knew it…

8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. 9 If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar, and His word is not in us.

It’s no game.

Look at the very scripture you cited.

The one’s deceiving themselves (verse 8) are those who think they have no sin without confession (verse 9).

I have confessed my sins and Christ took them all away.

Now I seek the things of the spirit reading God’s word daily.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
An erroneous deduction.

So since you obey unrighteousness and sin (occasionally I suppose), Everyone else must be an occasional servant to unrighteousness like you?
If we say we have no sin, we decieve ourselves

Don;t judge me because you are decieved
I knew it…

It’s no game.

Look at the very scripture you cited.

The one’s deceiving themselves (verse 8) are those who think they have no sin without confession (verse 9).

I have confessed my sins and Christ took them all away.

Now I seek the things of the spirit reading God’s word daily.
LOL

Wow. so you have now changed your tune? You never used this excuse before

You confessed your sins (past)

John said if we say we are without sin (present) we confess those sins (present)

See how you make every excuse in the book..

Why would we need to confess our sin if we are without sin? Of course we would not.

Come on man, I can't take it anymore.. I think I am going to stop feeding your ego..

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John said if we say we are without sin (present) we confess those sins (present)

You are unable to see the scripture in its true biblical context.

“Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin.” (John 8:34, KJV)

You are a servant of sin.

Go argue with Jesus about that.

“No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other…” (Matthew 6:24, KJV)

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey taken,

Can you BETTER explain your Colossians 1:23 applies to one person but not to another person theory? What you wrote makes no sense to me!

Col. 1:23 IN CONTEXT says those who were alienated from Him by wicked works are reconciled by Him IF they continue in the faith and are NOT moved away from the hope of the gospel (don't lose your faith). That simply means that Christians can lose our faith. There is no distinction in that passage of persons with free will or no free will or a person who invited the power of God to enter them or hasn't invited God to enter them. You added all that stuff to that passage.

That passage IN CONTEXT says IF you continue in the faith, you will be saved! If you don't continue in the faith, you won't be saved! Which means the teaching your men have taught you "THAT MAN, no longer relies on his OWN strength to KEEP his FAITH" is opposite of what Scripture says.

Another passage that teaches opposite of what you are teaching is 1 John: We know that we know Him, IF we keep His commandments. That passage makes it clear IF we keep His commandments we will know Him. That is opposite of your teaching that we WILL keep his commandments once we have "INVITED the POWER of GOD to ENTER" us!

Mary

Some scripture APPLIES to one person but not another…

If scripture is talking to men only, it doesn’t apply to women…

When scripture is talking to A BELIEVER…
It doesn’t mean that person IS SAVED…
It means that person is following the teaching of the Lord God, doubting some things, believing some things….YET still Believing in the Lord God.
As that person BELIEVES what he hears, he is given, measures of FAITH from God.

WHILE that person IS BELIEVING…the Spirit of God…IS WITH HIM.

Remember the Israelites..God WITH them…they doubt, disobey…..AND what they were telling God is they DON’T BELIEVE to TRUST Him. And what would happen? They would be on their OWN….God would. NOT be WITH them.

Get it? Men can waver all day long…Believing, Doubting, trusting, wonder, doubt, believe be WITH God, be WITHOUT God….
And when a man IS WITHOUT God…
So also is God NOT WITH THAT man.

Because men CAN waver, they are repeatedly WARNED…Evil spirits lurk, LOOKING for a wavering weak man TO TARGET. Convince them God does not exist, care for them, love them, blah, blah…
There are ALSO powerful wicked men…kings, presidents, governors, teachers, even parents to teach adults and children to forget about God, you are having hardships because of Him…blah, blah…

That man can believe, not believe, believe, not believe….
He has ONLY his own power/strength to keep him in Belief….and plenty of outside evil spirits and wicked men to encourage, even reward them to not believe.

So WHAT can a man DO to BE SECURE IN his belief IN the Lord God, that IT BE constant forever?

Well….DEPEND on a POWER greater than ALL OTHER Powers….AND?
WHO/WHAT would that Be?
Gods HOLY SPIRIT!

Gods Holy Spirit is Gods Power.
Already explained it can be WITH a man, LEAVE a man…

“IF” that man IS ABLE by his own POWER to KEEP believing to the DAY HIS BODY DIES…
THEN, shall his soul be SAVED.

So what did Jesus OFFER?
A WAY for Gods POWER/Holy Spirit to Be…
….IN….a man, and KEEP that man Forever Faithful TO the Lord God….
BEFORE the mans BODY “PHYSICALLY DIES”.

Every man has the OPTION to MAKE the CHOICE for Gods Holy Spirit to BE “WITH-IN” a man that that man CAN NEVER fall from Faith IN the Lord God.

THE WAY….is for an INDIVIDUAL Person to Call on the Lords Name and CONFESS his (TRUE Heartful Belief IN the Lord God).

The WAY…of God is to ACCEPT the mans LIVING SACRIFICE (Promise, vow of his word)….and BE Crucified (ie dead body) WITH Christ….
They have fulfilled the ONE requirement of man that mans BODY MUST DIE.

THEY receive their Baptism of the Holy Spirit, THEN (before physical death)…and FOREVER the Lord God is WITH that man…

Did you not ever learn the difference between Gods Spirit…
“WITH and WITHIN” a person?

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

If you actually study the passage, it speaks of a person who continually sins, has a lifestyle of sin. is lost..\

But you will give your own commentary.. because you think your sinless.

You are deceived.
Amen! 1 John 3:8 - The one who practices sin [separating himself from God, and offending Him by acts of disobedience, indifference, or rebellion] is of the devil [and takes his inner character and moral values from him, not God]; for the devil has sinned and violated God’s law from the beginning. The Son of God appeared for this purpose, to destroy the works of the devil. 9 No one who is born of God [deliberately, knowingly, and habitually] practices sin, because God’s seed [His principle of life, the essence of His righteous character] remains [permanently] in him [who is born again—who is reborn from above—spiritually transformed, renewed, and set apart for His purpose]; and he [who is born again] cannot habitually [live a life characterized by] sin, because he is born of God and longs to please Him. (AMP)

1 John 1:8 - If we say that we have no sin, (present tense) we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. 9 If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 10 If we say that we have not sinned, (past tense) we make Him a liar, and His word is not in us.

You are deceived.
Indeed! Those who believe they live a sinless, without fault or defect, flawless, absolute perfect life 100% of the time (exactly as Jesus lived) are suffering from a terminal case of self-righteousness.

• Love
Reactions: Eternally Grateful

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Indeed! Those who believe they live a sinless, without fault or defect, flawless, absolute perfect life 100% of the time (exactly as Jesus lived) are suffering from a terminal case of self-righteousness.

Those who sin are the servants of sin.

They don’t serve the Lord.

That’s why Jesus said:

“And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?” (Luke 6:46, KJV)

“…Full well ye reject the commandment of God, that ye may keep your own tradition.” (Mark 7:9, KJV)

You and your fellow @Eternally Grateful reject the warning scriptures by vain speeches and pedantic word games.

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Those who sin are the servants of sin.

They don’t serve the Lord.

That’s why Jesus said:

“And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?” (Luke 6:46, KJV)

“…Full well ye reject the commandment of God, that ye may keep your own tradition.” (Mark 7:9, KJV)

You and your fellow @Eternally Grateful reject the warning scriptures by vain speeches and pedantic word games.
I'm really not interested in your eisegesis or your delusions about being sinless 24/7. You are deceived. (1 John 1:8-10)

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I just showed you the scripture.

You are blinded to them.

That’s all.
Oh, the irony. 1 John 1:8 - If we say that we have no sin, (present tense) we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. 9 If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 10 If we say that we have not sinned, (past tense) we make Him a liar, and His word is not in us.

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen! 1 John 3:8 - The one who practices sin [separating himself from God, and offending Him by acts of disobedience, indifference, or rebellion] is of the devil [and takes his inner character and moral values from him, not God]; for the devil has sinned and violated God’s law from the beginning. The Son of God appeared for this purpose, to destroy the works of the devil. 9 No one who is born of God [deliberately, knowingly, and habitually] practices sin, because God’s seed [His principle of life, the essence of His righteous character] remains [permanently] in him [who is born again—who is reborn from above—spiritually transformed, renewed, and set apart for His purpose]; and he [who is born again] cannot habitually [live a life characterized by] sin, because he is born of God and longs to please Him. (AMP)

1 John 1:8 - If we say that we have no sin, (present tense) we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. 9 If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 10 If we say that we have not sinned, (past tense) we make Him a liar, and His word is not in us.

He can;t get out of his own way. His self righteousness and pride exudes inwardly, and not outwardly as he should

Like the pharisee. he pumps his chest. while yelling at those who trust Christ.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh, the irony. 1 John 1:8 - If we say that we have no sin, (present tense) we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. 9 If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 10 If we say that we have not sinned, (past tense) we make Him a liar, and His word is not in us.
Beating a dead horse again.

He thinks first john 1: 8 means past tense. I am sure he believes Romans 7 is paul talking about his past life also.. Even though it is clear paul is talking about the here and now

Status
Not open for further replies.