Once saved, always saved is a myth.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You pick and chose verses out of the word you think support you.

I brought no assumptions when I read the Holy Bible.

The Holy Bible taught me truth.

Men like you seek to turn me away from the truth.

Perhaps you couldn’t understand the things in the holy scriptures and had them snatched away from you.

“When any one heareth the word of the kingdom, and understandeth it not, then cometh the wicked one, and catcheth away that which was sown in his heart. This is he which received seed by the way side.” (Matthew 13:19, KJV)

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I brought no assumptions when I read the Holy Bible.

The Holy Bible taught me truth.
It has, When?
Men like you seek to turn me away from the truth.
No. we look to God. the author and finisher of our faith.

He who began a good work will complete it.

You claim h3e may not complete it.. Thats dangerous
Perhaps you couldn’t understand the things in the holy scriptures and had them snatched away from you.

“When any one heareth the word of the kingdom, and understandeth it not, then cometh the wicked one, and catcheth away that which was sown in his heart. This is he which received seed by the way side.” (Matthew 13:19, KJV)
When you understand the word. let me know. I will praise God with you.

As long as you think you are empowered to save yourself or keep yourself saved. You are trusting Self and not God. and we can have no fellowship

Reactions: mailmandan

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He who began a good work will complete it.

“If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel…” (Colossians 1:23, KJV)

“But and if that servant say in his heart, My lord delayeth his coming; and shall begin to beat the menservants and maidens, and to eat and drink, and to be drunken; The lord of that servant will come in a day when he looketh not for him, and at an hour when he is not aware, and will cut him in sunder, and will appoint him his portion with the unbelievers.” (Luke 12:45-46, KJV)

Just take the scripture at face value.

Do not add your traditions’ leaven.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel…” (Colossians 1:23, KJV)
Phil 1: 6 being confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ;

This is what I mean about addinig to the word.

Paul said we can be confident that he who began a good work WILL complete.. Not that he might,

You pull some other passage out as if it proves you right, when all it does is contradict what paul said.

sorry Bro. It does not work that way.

“But and if that servant say in his heart, My lord delayeth his coming; and shall begin to beat the menservants and maidens, and to eat and drink, and to be drunken; The lord of that servant will come in a day when he looketh not for him, and at an hour when he is not aware, and will cut him in sunder, and will appoint him his portion with the unbelievers.” (Luke 12:45-46, KJV)

Just take the scripture at face value.

Do not add your traditions’ leaven.
lol

My God does not contradict himself. Yours does

My God say I WILL never die

You say I MAY never die

My God says he WILL complete the good work

You say he MAY complete the good work.

I will trust god and his promises. not a self proclaimed sinless person who waters down the law and makes himself above the law

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The born-again passage in John simply says one must be born again to see the kingdom of God. It doesn't equate being born again to having eternal security. Being born in the flesh is merely entry into the human race, not a guarantee of living to be a mature adult. I believe that being born again is likewise an entry point, not a destination.
Indeed, we may now be on the right pathway to God, but during our time remaining ,is it impossible to fall away? The journey needs to be completed walking with God or the "good" things we did and the "good" choices we made earlier in our walk will count for nothing in the eyes of God.

We should consider the end of Solomon, a wise man, who wrote many things as moved to do so by God. Consider also the end of the unnamed prophet out of Judah [I Kings 13] who correctly foretold the works of King Josiah more than 300 beforehand. Both Solomon and the unnamed prophet followed God until they did not. Is the God in the NT different than the God of the OT?

Mal 3:6For I am the LORD, I change not;..

James 1:17...the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning.
And then also:

Acts 10:34Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons:

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Phil 1: 6 being confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ

So ignoring Paul’s other scripture is your answer?

You just cannot let go of your false doctrine can you?

Paul said we can be confident that he who began a good work WILL complete

Yes, God WILL complete the work on a tree bringing forth good fruit, BUT:

“…every tree therefore which bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.” (Luke 3:9, KJV)

I would advise that you open your ears to the warning passages.

But I perceive that your conscience has been seared with the hot iron of “eternal security”.

“…in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils; Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron…” (1 Timothy 4:1-2, KJV)

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
God grafted us into the true vine, when he made us Born Again, plus a Born Again can never lose their salvation just as his word says, we have been Born Again of imperishable/ incorruptible seed, that “ Liveth and Abideth Forever....that seed is the Holy Spirit and he lives and abideth forever in our hearts.

The Salvation of the Gentiles​

11 I say then, Have they stumbled that they should fall? God forbid: but rather through their fall salvation is come unto the Gentiles, for to provoke them to jealousy. 12 Now if the fall of them be the riches of the world, and the diminishing [1] of them the riches of the Gentiles; how much more their fulness? 13 For I speak to you Gentiles, inasmuch as I am the apostle of the Gentiles, I magnify mine office: 14 If by any means I may provoke to emulation them which are my flesh, and might save some of them. 15 For if the casting away of them be the reconciling of the world, what shall the receiving of them be, but life from the dead? 16 For if the firstfruit be holy, the lump is also holy: and if the root be holy, so are the branches. 17 And if some of the branches be broken off, and thou, being a wild olive tree, wert graffed in among them, [2] and with them partakest of the root and fatness of the olive tree; 18 Boast not against the branches. But if thou boast, thou bearest not the root, but the root thee. 19 Thou wilt say then, The branches were broken off, that I might be graffed in. 20 Well; because of unbelief they were broken off, and thou standest by faith. Be not highminded, but fear: 21 For if God spared not the natural branches, take heed lest he also spare not thee. 22 Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, if thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off. 23 And they also, if they abide not still in unbelief, shall be graffed in: for God is able to graff them in again. 24 For if thou wert cut out of the olive tree which is wild by nature, and wert graffed contrary to nature into a good olive tree: how much more shall these, which be the natural branches, be graffed into their own olive tree?

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So ignoring Paul’s other scripture is your answer?
Who said I ignored it

I just interpret it so they agree, so they do not contradict. Like you do
You just cannot let go of your false doctrine can you?
No, You can;t let go of your false doctrine. nothing anyone says will change your mind.
Yes, God WILL complete the work on a tree bringing forth good fruit, BUT:
He said he would complete the word UNTIL THE DAY OF CHRIST.

“…every tree therefore which bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.” (Luke 3:9, KJV)
Yep. He will prune us and burn the bad parts.

Now wait a minute, What about your sinless perfection.. Now your talking about works and producing fruit.. Can you make up your mind

are you perfect or not?
I would advise that you open your ears to the warning passages.
I would advise you to study the promise passages
But I perceive that your conscience has been seared with the hot iron of “eternal security”.
I be;lieve you are stuck in legalism, and like the jews. can't get out of your own way
“…in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils; Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron…” (1 Timothy 4:1-2, KJV)
you have done this quite well.. But using the word to support you bad theology of works and self righteousness.

But your not alone. It started with Cain, and it will continue until God destroys this earth.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How can you believe in God without his Spirit?

I was baptised in the Holy Spirit...he made my spirit Born Again...which is a supernatural spiritual rebirth.

Baptised in fire?...I can only relate to being Born Of The Spirit..the Spirit testifies with our spirit that we are Gods children.......my opinion/ testimony and belief.

Can you now answer my question above please?

No.

Reactions: Ritajanice

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Commentary..​

Jesus baptizes us in the Holy Spirit and that is a second experience. He immerses us into the presence of God and spiritual giftings manifest out of that. But the baptism of fire is really a time of suffering where God allows or even engineers a time where we need to depend totally on Him.

My words.we serve an “ Amazing “ God...

My words....obedience was another hard lesson I had to learn....

I’m in a situation at the moment where I have to totally depend on God...been in this situation for years,and have suffered great heart ache over it...,,he brought me from depending on self...to completely be dependent on him 100%....I can do nothing in self, only in the Spirit .....boy was that a very hard lesson to learn, I learnt it though,LOL...all in my opinion and belief.

Matthew 3​

King James Version​

3 In those days came John the Baptist, preaching in the wilderness of Judaea,
2 And saying, Repent ye: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.
3 For this is he that was spoken of by the prophet Esaias, saying, The voice of one crying in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make his paths straight.
4 And the same John had his raiment of camel's hair, and a leathern girdle about his loins; and his meat was locusts and wild honey.
5 Then went out to him Jerusalem, and all Judaea, and all the region round about Jordan,
6 And were baptized of him in Jordan, confessing their sins.
7 But when he saw many of the Pharisees and Sadducees come to his baptism, he said unto them, O generation of vipers, who hath warned you to flee from the wrath to come?
8 Bring forth therefore fruits meet for repentance:
9 And think not to say within yourselves, We have Abraham to our father: for I say unto you, that God is able of these stones to raise up children unto Abraham.
10 And now also the axe is laid unto the root of the trees: therefore every tree which bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.
11 I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance. but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire:
12 Whose fan is in his hand, and he will throughly purge his floor, and gather his wheat into the garner; but he will burn up the chaff with unquenchable fire.
13 Then cometh Jesus from Galilee to Jordan unto John, to be baptized of him.
14 But John forbad him, saying, I have need to be baptized of thee, and comest thou to me?
15 And Jesus answering said unto him, Suffer it to be so now: for thus it becometh us to fulfil all righteousness. Then he suffered him.
16 And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him:
17 And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.
That is great!

Reactions: Ritajanice

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who said I ignored it

I just interpret it so they agree

You “interpreted” the passages so they would agree with Once Saved Always Saved.

You exposed yourself.

What about your sinless perfection..

Didn’t Jesus take all of your sins away after you believed the gospel?

You were perfected at that point were you not?

Why did you defile yourself with your old vomit of sins again?

Do you desire perfection in sinning?

:contemplate:

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You “interpreted” the passages so they would agree with Once Saved Always Saved.
Nope

I interpreted the passage that says JESUS WILL COMPLETE THE WORK HE STARTED as he will do it.

I interpret that passage that says to stay in the faith like the many other passages speaking to those who have not yet come to full saving faith. So God has not started a good work in them yet. so he is not going to complete somethign who started
You exposed yourself.
No, I exposed you
Didn’t Jesus take all of your sins away after you believed the gospel?

You were perfected at that point were you not?
And by one offering he has PERFECTED forever. those ho are being sanctified.

Yes, I am perfect as I have his righteousness.

But I am a work in progress. and will continue to run the race until the end..
Why did you defile yourself with your old vomit of sins again?

Do you desire perfection in sinning?

:contemplate:
lol. There you go exposing yourself again.

Don;t mock yourself by saying God made you sinless. then say you can still sin by turning away. Thats a contradiction in itself.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Ok Mathew, I respect your wishes.we are all learning, growing and maturing in the Spirit, and the journey is even better when there is no arguing involved .Praise God for that...

The Fruit Of The Spirit ...we bear as a Born Again His Fruit....what beautiful fruit he has.

Galatians 5:22-23

New International Version

22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness and self-control.Against such things there is no law.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have sufficiently shown the true out of the holy scriptures.

I am satisfied with that.

The Lord’s will be done.
You can be satisfied all you want. DOES NOT MAKE IT TRUE

the Pharisees where satisfied they did Gods will when they crucified Christ.

They are paying for it now. Will you?

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
While ALL Scripture is TRUE… By WHAT individuals determines WHICH Scripture Applies to WHOM.

Christian is a BROAD TERM…
* A person confessing to BE a Christian:
WHO IS:
~Hearing and Learning the Word of God.
~Believing the Word of God.
~Receiving Measures of Faith.
~Trying to FOLLOW the guidance of the Word of God.
Col 1:23 APPLIES TO THAT PERSON.
It is a Warning to CONTINUE.
It is a WARNING to NOT FALL from Faith.

THEN there is the Christian….WHO…
IS hearing, learning, believing, following….
AND EXERCISES HIS OWN FREEWILL TO CALL ON THE LORD GOD AND….
*********CONFESS TO THE LORD GOD HIS HEARFUL TRUE BELIEF*************

Col 1:23 no longer APPLIES to THAT MAN!
THAT MAN, no longer relies on his OWN strength to KEEP his FAITH….

THAT MAN, has INVITED the POWER of GOD to ENTER HIM and KEEP that man IN FAITH, WITH GOD FOR EVER!

Before debating WHAT the Kingdom of God IS…Learn HOW one enters ONCE and FOR EVER.
Learn IT IS EXPRESSLY BY, THROUGH, OF the Power of God, GIVEN one WHO Accepts the Lord’s OFFERING…
IS ASSURED Entrance into Gods Kingdom.
IS ASSURED BY “GODS POWER” to REMAIN WITH God…FOR EVER!

SINCE it IS Gods Power THAT IS Keeping a (CONVERTED ie. BORN AGAIN man) WITH God FOR EVER….
WHY…does that same man REQUIRE a WARNING TO Continue in Faith?
(He doesn’t)
CAN….Gods Power “IN” that man “FAIL”?
(No)

ONCE….saved…it IS FOREVER!

Glory to God,
Taken
Hey taken,

Can you BETTER explain your Colossians 1:23 applies to one person but not to another person theory? What you wrote makes no sense to me!

Col. 1:23 IN CONTEXT says those who were alienated from Him by wicked works are reconciled by Him IF they continue in the faith and are NOT moved away from the hope of the gospel (don't lose your faith). That simply means that Christians can lose our faith. There is no distinction in that passage of persons with free will or no free will or a person who invited the power of God to enter them or hasn't invited God to enter them. You added all that stuff to that passage.

That passage IN CONTEXT says IF you continue in the faith, you will be saved! If you don't continue in the faith, you won't be saved! Which means the teaching your men have taught you "THAT MAN, no longer relies on his OWN strength to KEEP his FAITH" is opposite of what Scripture says.

Another passage that teaches opposite of what you are teaching is 1 John: We know that we know Him, IF we keep His commandments. That passage makes it clear IF we keep His commandments we will know Him. That is opposite of your teaching that we WILL keep his commandments once we have "INVITED the POWER of GOD to ENTER" us!

Mary

Last edited:

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Again

John said they were never of us.

I think we should listen to John and not try to make him contradict Jesus
Yup, John said that. Here is what he said in context: They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would have continued with us; but they went out that they might be made manifest, that none of them were of us.

What John was saying is that some men left the Church (went out from us) and if they would have continued with them (the Apostles and their teachings) then they would still be members of the Church. That passage is proof that God created a Church with authority! Any man that leaves the Church was never of The Church.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So we must do this to stay saved.

or to keep building fruit and be blessed?
BELIEVE YE IN JESUS CHRIST .
ponder on that for a bit .
cause there is no man , woman or child
that can say in TRUTH , that if one ceased to believe in JESUS the CHRIST , still they be saved .
How bout a much worse punishment awaits such .
And yes , I ALREADY know if any does come out from amongst us they were NOT of us .
BUT to answer your question .
BELIEVE YE IN JESUS CHRIST . let no man be moved away from the hope of the gospel
and into the hope of the devils false all inclusive co exist many path lie that damns only the soul of any and of all
who loved its lie and rejected the actual LOVE of the TRUTH , the BELIEVE YE IN JESUS CHRIST gospel
the one that says That CONFESSION of HIM is made unto salvation
beliving he rose from the dead , righteousness . You know that one . that one . not this other pile of stink
inclusive social gospel they try and pass off as a gospel .

Reactions: Marvelloustime
Status
Not open for further replies.