Once saved, always saved is a myth.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is the crux of OSAS…you reject.
Scripture rejects OSAS so I reject it. We must be sinless to be saved. If we say we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

Your theory (what your men have taught you) is that once we are saved we are always saved. You are deceiving yourself therefore the truth is not in you or your theory.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
And when they are SAVED.. born again...= they EXIT Damnation, and enter "eternal life", "in Christ".. "One with God".
Thank you for explaining and yes, I agree with this....only I would say we are Born Again then saved from eternal damnation ....

Both on the same page....xx

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Thank you for explaining and yes, I agree with this....only I would say we are Born Again then saved from eternal damnation ....

Both on the same page....xx

XX

Born again, is to become "one with God", so, that is certainly to be eternally saved from damnation.

Jesus said.. """ I came to seek and SAVE that which is LOST">.

And God knows that the John 3:36 unbelievers are LOST.......so very lost.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
God rejects the Cross rejecting LIE that = "water washes your sin away".

1 Corinthians 2:14

King James Version

14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
XX

Born again, is to become "one with God", so, that is certainly to be eternally saved from damnation.

Jesus said.. """ I came to seek and SAVE that which is LOST">.

And God knows that the John 3:36 unbelievers are LOST.......so very lost.
Amen!!...

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

Romans 8:9
Verse (Click for Chapter)
King James Bible
But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

New King James Version
But you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. Now if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he is not His.

American Standard Version
But ye are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you. But if any man hath not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

Berean Study Bible
You, however, are controlled not by the flesh, but by the Spirit, if the Spirit of God lives in you. And if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he does not belong to Christ.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ok, your answer that my post makes no sense to you..is understandable....thank you.
Lol...c'mon Ritajanice.

First off, your questions have NOTHING to do with the quote from passage that I provided soooo why would I want to go down a rabbit hole that leads to what YOU want to talk about and ignore what I quoted? :watching and waiting:

But, I will appease you. Word your questions where they make sense, and I will answer them.

I will preliminarily answer your questions the way I THINK you mean them:

Do you believe you can believe in Jesus without His Spirit? Jesus and His Spirit are one soooo no, a person cannot believe in Jesus without believing in His Spirit. If you believe in one, you believe in the other.

Or do we need his Spirit to believe in Jesus, that he died and was resurrected....I’m just wondering how we would know this, without his Spirit witnessing Gods truth to our spirit? Jesus and His Spirit are one soooo YES, we need his Spirit to witness to God's truth.

In other words...how can we truly know God without His Spirit? God, Jesus and the Spirit are One so we can't truly know God without His Spirit. If you know one you know the other.

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I always give this verse...
Hebrews 10:26
For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,
Maybe you should give more, many more verses to do justice to this subject, and therefore add critical context in the future?

I don't think you have developed the full thought of the Spirit of God here. Try rereading the verse passage and continue on to at least verse 29. A subject as important as this one cannot be take likely with a part sound-bite knee-jerk response I would think.

Last edited:

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

Amen.

And the BIBLE is Spiritual.

So, when an unbeliever tries to understand it, or when a deceived "mind blinded" believer tries to understand it..

Then that is like a Horse trying to read a Road Map to China.

It can't be done, as all things with CHRISTianity are Spiritual, and so, we learn by The Spirit, we grow by The Spirit, and we Love by The Spirit.

All This is God's Grace as our spiritual POWER., and when we dont understand how to do that, then we are..

Jesus said.."apart from me you can do NOTHING".

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Amen.

And the BIBLE is Spiritual.

So, when an unbeliever tries to understand it, or when a deceived "mind blinded" believer tries to understand it..

Then that is like a Horse trying to read a Road Map to China.

It can't be done, as all things with CHRISTianity are Spiritual, and so, we learn by The Spirit, we grow by The Spirit, and we Love by The Spirit.

All This is God's Grace as our spiritual POWER., and when we dont understand how to do that, then we are..

Jesus said.."apart from me you can do NOTHING".
Amen!!!!...

Reactions: Behold

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Great Question.

Thank you..

Answer.....

Every unbeliever is... John 3:36.....right now.

They are IN Damnation.., right now., still breathing.

And when they are SAVED.. born again...= they EXIT Damnation, and enter "eternal life", "in Christ".. "One with God".

See, the unbelievers are not waiting to be damned..
They are damned, already.. and are waiting to die to end up where the DAMNED, end up.

This is the "2nd Death"

The 1st Death is.. "In Adam we all DIE"

The 2nd Death is.. "eternal damnation after your die".

Christ came to end that for them..
He came to offer them a WAY OUT.. THE CROSS OF CHRIST = so that they END UP< with Him, after they die., and with Him down here, as "Christ in you, the Hope of Glory".. having become a born again believer = "The Temple OF.. THE.. HOLY Spirit".

See that Temple?

That is to become "seated in Heavenly places IN CHRIST" and that ONE will never end up "damned, in Hell".
Amen,

John 3: 16 the greatest gospel message in the word.

Reactions: Behold

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It’s the bickering and back and forth of religiosity which gets in the way.

How many people here have taken time to read all the apostolic record before? I mean from Matthew - Revelation.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lol....why can't you just answer the question using Scripture to back up your answer?

Already have. Not going to repeat what was already given you on multiple occasions by multiple people.
Not my responsibility to read for you what you other ignore or do not comprehend.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It’s the bickering and back and forth of religiosity which gets in the way.

How many people here have taken time to read all the apostolic record before? I mean from Matthew - Revelation.
Many times.

The back and forth comes from apposing views at odds with each other.

When it comes to the gospel. this is nto a laughing matter, get this wrong. and we are headed to hell.

there is only 1 gospel. we can not all be right

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Asking a question does not answer my question. You fancy yourself a teacher

Don’t confuse me with BOL….LOL

Asking a question does not answer my question.

You have been answered multiple times.
You have been TOLD multiple times you have been answered.
THEN, you were asked a question…

I can not be responsible for your failure to comprehend or refuse to answer.

dodgeball

Perhaps you think discussing spiritual things is comparable to game playing…I don’t.

Teach me The Word.

Post 1134

Reactions: Eternally Grateful
Status
Not open for further replies.