Once Saved....always Saved - Results of Questionnaire.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Not sure how he got to total depravity.

@GodsGrace What was your spiritual condition before Christ?[/QUOTE]
I never saw this.
Too late here now.
I believe in depravity, but not so that a person has no ability to meet God half way.
I like what you posted just before in the other thread.
I have scripture but too sleepy!

Reactions: Nancy and LC627

LC627

May 11, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@GodsGrace What was your spiritual condition before Christ?
I never saw this.
Too late here now.
I believe in depravity, but not so that a person has no ability to meet God half way.
I have scripture but too sleepy![/QUOTE]

Jumping from thread to thread can be confusing at times, lol.
This one has been going on a bit so I'm moving on from it. :)

Reactions: GodsGrace and Nancy

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
See I said it was a unless exercise.
I do not see in that scripture what you see.
I knew a wonderful man who loved God with all his heart..it came through when he preached.

He got depressed because of his wife hating him to go preaching...it had gone on for years.
Long story short ...he went to a bar , drank etc etc... blah blah blah.
He felt that he had committed the unpardonable sin.
Nothing could change his mind.
We took him into our home because we knew he was suicidal because he felt he had "lost heaven" ...and was going to hell..and may as well get it over with.

He did do that...but he became a recluse ...even at the end he believed he was lost. Because of the heinous words that are preached saying that God will "un-son"a son !!!!
That is not the God that I know.

He died penniless.
I am 100% sure I will see this dear man in heaven...he never stopped loving God deep in his heart, he used to cry....but he thought God has given up on him for his sin of backsliding.

That is what I think of your verse...
He was in hell on earth at the end..believing such scripture was saying he was going to hell. When all along it was saying that he lost his rewards of- "he who remained faithful unto the end"....... and, of the Overcomers...found in Revelation 3.

You in your small corner, and I in mine. And those who preach as you believe are responsible for the devastation of many a poor soul...

This conversation is done. Thank you and God bless.
Helen, this is not what Peter teaches!
Some have psychological problems and carry them to their religion.
Tomorrow...

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I never saw this.
Too late here now.
I have scripture but too sleepy!

Jumping from thread to thread can be confusing at time, lol.
This one has been going on a bit so I'm moving on from it. :)[/QUOTE]
If you are sleepy, I am thinking GG is REALLY sleepy-she is more than 6 hours ahead of us! I have seen her stay up late before, but not this late-must have been quite a convo. I will have to check it out...nite nite !!

Reactions: Helen

LC627

May 11, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jumping from thread to thread can be confusing at time, lol.
This one has been going on a bit so I'm moving on from it. :)
If you are sleepy, I am thinking GG is REALLY sleepy-she is more than 6 hours ahead of us! I have seen her stay up late before, but not this late-must have been quite a convo. I will have to check it out...nite nite !![/QUOTE]

My aunt/uncle live in Italy, I saw my aunt active on FB and was wondering what she was doing up so early too, lol.

MattO

Jul 26, 2018
Clio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The prodigal son is a parable...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parables_of_Jesus

Disproving facts through parables is sloppy exegesis.

Eve lived and died before Pentecost, before the seal of God was placed on believers, Acts 2:1-4.

God bless
Are you serious about the parable thing that you said?

Are you implying that before the Pentecost nobody made it to Heaven?

Heb 13:8

Nov 2, 2016
USA
Oh for goodness sake....
You sound like a broken record.
Stop telling everybody they have sloppy exegesis when it's not true
And You don't ever exegete any verse!

:rolleyes:

Jude 1:4 For certain individuals whose condemnation was written about long ago have secretly slipped in among you. They are ungodly people, who pervert the grace of our God into a license for immorality and deny Jesus Christ our only Sovereign and Lord.

Nov 2, 2016
USA
Are you serious about the parable thing that you said?

Are you implying that before the Pentecost nobody made it to Heaven?

No, what I'm saying is that the reason we don't sacrifice goats for sin anymore is because of the death, burial and resurrection. The shed blood of Christ covers past, present and future sin, but unfortunately many will not accept the free gift of salvation.

Reactions: Nancy

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
Northern British Columbia, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Jude 1:4 For certain individuals whose condemnation was written about long ago have secretly slipped in among you. They are ungodly people, who pervert the grace of our God into a license for immorality and deny Jesus Christ our only Sovereign and Lord.

When you don't agree with people you just throw a scripture at them.
Good for you, that solves the discussion.

Nov 2, 2016
USA
When you don't agree with people you just throw a scripture at them.
Good for you, that solves the discussion.

Well, nobody's interested in coming to Christ, especially on a silly internet. They rather saves themselves.

Jhn 3:18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because they have not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son.

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
Northern British Columbia, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
imgres-1.jpg It may be meaning a variety of things but generally it's when you said something or did something that someone finds annoying or irritating or hard to believe. Then in disbelief they roll their eyes. It's a gesture version of the phrase : "Yeah right!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, nobody's interested in coming to Christ, especially on a silly internet.
This was a terrible thing to say anywhere. There are really some hungry and thirsty people around and sometimes some of them may visit this thread on this forum and read your post. May God help us all!

Nov 2, 2016
USA
This was a terrible thing to say anywhere. There are really some hungry and thirsty people around and sometimes some of them may visit this thread on this forum and read your post. May God help us all!

No it wasn't. Take the non-osas that have been preaching their false doctrine for years, even though they've heard the truth years ago, Jude 1:4. :rolleyes:

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No it wasn't. Take the non-osas that have been preaching their false doctrine for years, even though they've heard the truth years ago, Jude 1:4. :rolleyes:
So you are excusing yourself based on what you see as someone else's error? Is that not the reason God rejected Saul as king of Israel?

Do you know what an idle word is?

Reactions: Helen

Nov 2, 2016
USA
So you are excusing yourself based on what you see as someone else's error? Is that not the reason God rejected Saul as king of Israel?

Do you know what an idle word is?

And do you not know what a false prophet is, when it's been starring you in the face for years? Depart from me ye workers of iniquity, Matt 7:22-23.