Once Saved....always Saved - Results of Questionnaire.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i dunno, seems kind of...naive? or something?
Entire countries are thrown into civil war over the matter, Ireland, etc?
which imo is the whole point of mixing cultures, moving boundary stones, so to speak
the last thing a human government wants is a united populace imo
hence the manufactured immigration crises we have today

Obviously not news that European and Middle Eastern Countries have had religious civil wars for centuries. And I don't live in those regions, and find the term "anti-Catholic", almost as implication that means "anti-Christ".

I challenged another poster who like to use that term "anti-Catholic" for anyone who disagrees with him about ANYTHING. Said that must also mean to his understanding, his own disagreeement with a Protestant, make him "anti-Protestant".

He immediately said NOT TRUE...that he loved his Protestant relatives that were basically duped into leaving the Catholic Church.

So, now I guess, "anti-Catholic" means, a Protestant doesn't LOVE anyone who is Catholic.

LOL ~

Personally I favor letting a person express their own words, and others not dictate what a different person thinks, believes, feels.

IOW, if I were "anti-Catholic", no need for anyone else to speak for me....IF that is my belief, I am quite capable to speak for myself.

Just saying ~
God Bless,
Taken

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LOL ~ Could you keep your deflections and silly claims down to two syllable words or less....

Well um, Why? You've been given repeated "rants", and can't figure it out yet.

Nor have you provided any Scriptural proof that once Salvation was received, the Lord lied and he didn't mean forever.

I'd like to take the credit for your failed comprehension but I'm just not that talented to understand it for you.

And was your mind on hiatus when that was specifically addressed?

Wait some more, or scroll back and read the rants and phone a friend to explain it to you.

God Bless,
Taken
Snarky, evasive comments are NOT valid evidence.
I have asked you repeatedly to show me where Scripture tells us that we can't lose our salvation - and all you have been able to do is DENY.

On the other hand, I have presented about a DOZEN passages of Scripture that indicated that we CAN lose our salvation - and you haven't been able to address them.

This doesn't bode well for your extremely shaky position of OSAS.
In fact - it pretty much proves that this is NOT a Scriptural doctrine - but a man-made invention . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Lord has Salvation for everyone.

Want it? Ask the Lord for it.

Don't want it? Don't ask the Lord for it....
And LOSE IT.
Wrong.

You can only "lose" what you have. - and Scripture shows that you can HAVE salvation and lose it.
You can't "lose" salvation if you never had it to begin with.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Seems for some, a man holds the Power over Salvation...
Weird.
God Bless,
Taken
Our free will allows us to accept or reject salvation.

According to YOUR warped and unbiblical view - God drags some kicking an screaming into Heaven against their will.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Snarky, evasive comments are NOT valid evidence.
I have asked you repeatedly to show me where Scripture tells us that we can't lose our salvation - and all you have been able to do is DENY.

And repeatedly you have been told and shown, the Lord is FOREVER internally WITH a Saved man.

I can not UNDERSTAND FOR YOU, what FOREVER MEANS.

I can not UNDERSTAND FOR YOU, the Lord is NOT with an UNSAVED MAN.

I can not UNDERSTAND FOR YOU, a man WHO submits to the LORD, is giving the LORD authority to internally CHANGE THE MAN.

ONCE CHANGED IT IS FOREVER!

On the other hand, I have presented about a DOZEN passages of Scripture that indicated that we CAN lose our salvation - and you haven't been able to address them.

That issue has been addressed repeatedly.

I can not UNDERSTAND FOR YOU, God has a gift of Salvation for everyone. He doesn't stuff it down your throat. It is yours to claim, to receive, to have. He doesn't GIVE IT TO YOU UNTIL YOU heartfully BELIEVE and tell Him.

You want your SALVATION....claim it, receive it, posses it..........or lose it.

You are preaching YOU POSSESS SALVATION and THEN CAN LOSE IT WHICH IS FALSE.

FOREVER, Gods word is TRUE ring a bell?

A man for the umpteenth time, has the gift of Salvation provided for Him.....If he does not reach out to the Lord and claim it....he loses it.

And once a man reaches out to claim his salvation....for the umpteenth time, it is FOREVER.

This doesn't bode well for your extremely shaky position of OSAS.

Good grief, you being told repeatedly and shown, and STILL not in understanding, has ZERO to do with the truth.

You think the Lords Saving Once is shakey....
Then prove the Lord lies, when he says forever.
Prove an unsaved man is with the Lord forever.
Prove the Lord Saves a mans soul, and then Unsaves a mans soul.
Prove the Lord Saves a mans soul, more than once.

In fact - it pretty much proves that this is NOT a Scriptural doctrine - but a man-made invention . . .

In fact you are STILL without understanding.
Just as you said, a man can not have something until he has it. THAT is YOUR understanding.

The Lord gives provides many gifts....and some are not in a mans possession until one receives it....and some are not seen...until later.

Well that is your grave error...the Lord has the gift of Salvation for Everyone...but apparently you do not comprehend NOT EVERYONE ACCEPTS His Gift....and too bad...
THEY LOSE IT...

Or you can attempt to PROVE, the Lord FORCES a man to accept His Gift.

Your whole understanding is off kilter.
You do not comprehend men were teaching men, to receive their Salvation so they would not lose it.

You do not comprehend - the urgency of receiving salvation was taught....because no one knows when they shall die. And when one dies without having received salvation...
Tough nut...they lose receiving salvation.

I would suggest you study and pray asking God for understanding, with a closed mind and open heart. Because your MINDFUL teaching is NOT glorifying to God....and boring me.

God Bless,
Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wrong.

You can only "lose" what you have. - and Scripture shows that you can HAVE salvation and lose it.
You can't "lose" salvation if you never had it to begin with.

Are you part of the world?

Seriously do you know? Can you answer that simple question?

God Bless,
Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Our free will allows us to accept or reject salvation.

DUH...no kidding.

Accept it and you have it forever.
Reject it and you lose it.

According to YOUR warped and unbiblical view - God drags some kicking an screaming into Heaven against their will.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts....you keep them for yourself. I never said that is what God does.

LOL

God Bless,
Taken

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And repeatedly you have been told and shown, the Lord is FOREVER internally WITH a Saved man.
I can not UNDERSTAND FOR YOU, what FOREVER MEANS.
I can not UNDERSTAND FOR YOU, the Lord is NOT with an UNSAVED MAN.

I can not UNDERSTAND FOR YOU, a man WHO submits to the LORD, is giving the LORD authority to internally CHANGE THE MAN.

ONCE CHANGED IT IS FOREVER!
No - it's not.
Otherwise you would have easily been able to show me where the BIBLE says this.

Like I said - you've failed so far . . .
That issue has been addressed repeatedly.
I can not UNDERSTAND FOR YOU, God has a gift of Salvation for everyone. He doesn't stuff it down your throat. It is yours to claim, to receive, to have. He doesn't GIVE IT TO YOU UNTIL YOU heartfully BELIEVE and tell Him.

You want your SALVATION....claim it, receive it, posses it..........or lose it.

You are preaching YOU POSSESS SALVATION and THEN CAN LOSE IT WHICH IS FALSE.
FOREVER, Gods word is TRUE ring a bell?

A man for the umpteenth time, has the gift of Salvation provided for Him.....If he does not reach out to the Lord and claim it....he loses it.
And once a man reaches out to claim his salvation....for the umpteenth time, it is FOREVER.
Once again, we have a communication breakdown . . .

SHOW me - by explaining the verses that I presented - how they harmonize with OSAS.
The fact is that they DON'T - and that's why you're afraid to address them.
Good grief, you being told repeatedly and shown, and STILL not in understanding, has ZERO to do with the truth.

You think the Lords Saving Once is shakey....
Then prove the Lord lies, when he says forever.
Prove an unsaved man is with the Lord forever.
Prove the Lord Saves a mans soul, and then Unsaves a mans soul.
Prove the Lord Saves a mans soul, more than once.
I don't have to show that the Lord lies - because He doesn't.
I just had to show that YOU don't understand the Scriptures - and I did.

God doesn't "unsave" a soul - WE do.
I already showed you the example of a man saved by a passing boat - then decides to jump off ans swim on his own.
In fact you are STILL without understanding.
Just as you said, a man can not have something until he has it. THAT is YOUR understanding.

The Lord gives provides many gifts....and some are not in a mans possession until one receives it....and some are not seen...until later.

Well that is your grave error...the Lord has the gift of Salvation for Everyone...but apparently you do not comprehend NOT EVERYONE ACCEPTS His Gift....and too bad...
THEY LOSE IT...
Or you can attempt to PROVE, the Lord FORCES a man to accept His Gift.

Your whole understanding is off kilter.
You do not comprehend men were teaching men, to receive their Salvation so they would not lose it.
You do not comprehend - the urgency of receiving salvation was taught....because no one knows when they shall die. And when one dies without having received salvation...
Tough nut...they lose receiving salvation.

I would suggest you study and pray asking God for understanding, with a closed mind and open heart. Because your MINDFUL teaching is NOT glorifying to God....and boring me.

God Bless,
Taken
All of this verbose blathering - and you STILL haven't been able to address the DOZEN or so verses I presented that destroy your false doctrine of OSAS . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you part of the world?

Seriously do you know? Can you answer that simple question?

God Bless,
Taken
DUH...no kidding.

Accept it and you have it forever.
Reject it and you lose it.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts....you keep them for yourself. I never said that is what God does.
LOL
God Bless,
Taken
Just stop dodging the issue and address the verses that obliterate your position.
If you can't harmonize the following with OSAS - then it is a FALSE doctrine because all Scripture MUST harmonize . . .

Romans 11:22
“See, then, the kindness and severity of God: severity toward those who fell, but God's kindness to you, provided you REMAIN in his kindness; otherwise you to will be cut off.”
Paul is warning the faithful to REMAIN in God’s favor or they will lose their salvation. How can they lose what they never had?

Hebrews 10:26-27
“If we sin deliberately AFTER receiving KNOWLEDGE of the truth
, there no longer remains sacrifice for sins but a fearful prospect of judgment and a flaming fire that is going to consume the adversaries.”
This is a clear warning that falling away from God will result in the loss of our salvation. The Greek ford for “knowledge” used here is NOT the usual word (oida). This is talking about a full, experiential knowledge (epignosei). This verse is about CHRISTIANS who had an EPIGNOSIS of Christ and who can fall back into darkness and LOSE their salvation by their own doing.

2 Peter 2:20-22
For if they, having escaped the defilements of the world through the KNOWLEDGE of our Lord and savior Jesus Christ, again become entangled and overcome by them, their last condition is worse than their first.
For it would have been better for them not to have KNOWN the way of righteousness than after knowing it to turn back from the holy commandment handed down to them.
Here, Peter illustrates that those who had a full, experiential knowledge (epignosei) of Christ – CHRISTIANS – who can fall back into darkness and LOSE their salvation by their own doing.

Matt. 5:13
You are the salt of the earth. But if salt loses its taste, with what can it be seasoned? It is no longer good for anything but to be thrown out and trampled underfoot.
This one is self-explanatory - even to a blind person . . .

1 Cor. 9:27
"I pummel my body and subdue it, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified."
Paul is saying that he wrestles with his own fleshly desires so that he might not fall back into sin.

2 Peter 3:17
Therefore, dear friends, since you already know this, be on your guard so that you may not be carried away by the error of lawless men and fall from your secure position.
Peter is warning the faithful not to fall back into sin and lawlessness.

1 John 2:24
See that what you have heard from the beginning remains in you. IF it does, you also will REMAIN in the Son and in the Father.
This is an admonition to try to remain faithful.

Rev. 3:5
He who overcomes will, like them, be dressed in white. I will never blot out his name from the book of life, but will acknowledge his name before my Father and his angels.
God cannot "blot out" a name that was never there in the first place. He is talking about CHRISTIANS who are already saved and how they can LOSE their salvation.

Rev. 22:19
And if anyone takes words away from this book of prophecy, God will take away from him his share in the tree of life and in the holy city, which are described in this book.
How can God "take away" somebody’s share of heaven if they never had it to begin with? This is about CHRISTIANS who may or may NOT make it into Heaven.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Once received....really? You don't know what FOREVER means?
No. However your UNDERSTANDING is not inline with Scripture.

SEVERITY to those who fell.
KINDNESS from God, to those who are SAVED and KIND.

Kindness IS NOT SALVATION!
IF one IS SAVED, and NOT KIND, nor shall God be KIND to them!

Receiving KNOWLEDGE is NOT receiving SALVATION!
Receiving KNOWLEDGE is a beginning of LEARNING about God, and His provision of SALVATION.

Begin learning and STOP, before having received SALVATION, You will put yourself in jeopardy of never RECEIVING SALVATION.

No duh! If one does not RECEIVE SALVATION, they lose it.
KNOWLEDGE is NOT SALVATION!
WRONG on all counts.

First of all - if you are saved - you are in God's KINDNESS.
If you are NOT saved - you are OUT of God's kindness.

Secondly - regarding "knowledge", I already explained to you that the word used in this verse (epignosis) does NOT simply mean "to know", which is "oida".
It means a FULL and EXPERIENTIAL knowledge - a full experience with Christ.

Don't quote Scripture until you understand what it means . . .

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
BreadOFLife ~

Not going to bother REPEATING to you.
WOT.

Believe your ERROR, it does not affect me.

I already KNOW, the Lord came to GIVE HIS FLESH for the LIFE OF THE WORLD, which is a GIFT OF SALVATION for EVERYONE.

Apparently you are IGNORANT of the FACT a man who does not RECEIVE the GIFT, from the LORD loses the GIFT, the Lord PROVIDED FOR EVERYONE WHEN HE GAVE HIS FLESH FOR THE LIFE OF THE WORLD.

So blather on calling yourself right, when you haven't a clue. Keep repeating men can lose their salvation, men can lose their salvation, men can lose their salvation...

NO DUH! Of course if they don't receive it they LOSE IT!

The Fact IS, that the Lord GAVE HIS FLESH FOR THE LIFE OF THE WORLD. He provides the Gift, FOR EVERYONE! DUh, it is everyone's to TAKE and receive the Gift...
IF THEY don't TAKE and RECEIVE the Gift, they LOSE IT.

Now stop bothering me with your silly repetativeness.

A man who has received the Gift of Salvation.......
CAN NEVER LOSE HIS SALVATION....PERIOD.

B

brakelite

No - your points ARE pathetic because, as a typically ignorant anti-Catholic - you spew the rhetoric without any historical proof. In short - you don't give any - because there isn't any.

As for your having been a Catholic for 24 years - the ONLY thing that is obvious is that you left out of ignorance of the faith. I don't know of ONE Catholic who left for any pother reason - and that includes 9 of my 12 siblings.

It's EASY to spread the lies - but it's an entirely different kettle of fish when it comes to proving them . . .
Like I said BOL, true history is hidden from Catholics. It is rewritten and perverted and revised to protect the system from what would be total revolution if it became known. I would suggest, if you dare, and if they stock them, a local library. One not run by the local parish or the school or university you attended. Or better still, try online. There are numerous well written and well known history books with great detail and many genuine references from real historians that have documented the history of not just your church, but of those people who were relentlessly and systematically pursued, deprived of property, separated from family, just for owning a hand-written copy of a portion of scripture in their own language. They were the lucky ones. The ones that got caught, were murdered, but not until they were tortured and spent years in dungeons and castle strongholds with nothing but vermin for company. Read some history. Educate yourself. Here's some suggestions, and the proof you demanded. Start with a PDF "The Jesuits in History" by Hector MacPherson. "50 Years in the Church of Rome" by Chinoquey. "The Secret History of the Jesuits" by Edmund Paris. "History of the Christian Church" by Philip Schaff. "The History of Romanism" by John Dowling. "History of the Reformation" by deAubigne "History of Protestantism" by J A Wylie or "The History of the Waldenses" by Wylie. That should be enough to keep yu going for a while. All free...all available on the internet, I think.
sure, but one might mean dogma, Catholicism, or Catholic, people, i guess
Having been raised Catholic I have a little insight on this. Very seldom it is that someone actually chooses to become a Catholic. Thus the vast majority of an increase in the numbers claiming Catholicism as their religion is through natural birth. They are born Catholic. Hence the saying, "once a Catholic, always a Catholic". Which is why when someone, such as myself or Martin Luther and millions of others who turned away from Catholicism it is not viewed as a result of searching for truth, or conversion, but as rebellion. Rebellion not only against God, but rebellion against Mother. And the rebellion against Mother is more perplexing to the Catholic than rebelling against God. Sin against God...well, that's understandable and everyone does it right? But rebel against Mother?! That is shocking and inexplicable. Mother is the truth! Mother gave us birth! Mother raised us and made us what we are!!!! How could you turn against such a holy righteous perfect infallible person!!!!!! Yes, person. "She" is the church.
Using scripture against Catholic teaching is a waste of time unless the one you are speaking with has a different view of scripture than the general Catholic populace. Catholics do not use scripture as the foundation of faith and practice. They like to claim they do, but this is not so. It is scripture and tradition that they claim is the basis for faith and practice and tradition, if so decided by a council, can and often does supercede scripture. So in effect, and in reality, it isn't scripture at all or tradition that becomes the basis for Catholic faith and practice, it is the church. Thus the church is supreme. And the Pope, as the head of the church, is supreme over all. Which is why such adulation and adoration is shown even the moment a new pope is chosen...it has nothing to do with the kind of person he is, his character, experience, or moral worth, is has everything to do with the office. And past councils have had plenty to say on that. Even to the point in times past when the Pope has been called "Lord god the Pope"...."ruler of heavens and the earth"....and other blasphemous titles.
But back to the main point...A criticism against a Catholic doctrine is taken as an insult against the entire system and is taken as a personal insult which is why so many call it "hate speech" ..."anti-Catholic venom"..."ARE pathetic because, as a typically ignorant anti-Catholic - you spew the rhetoric"....etc and all that drivel. It is assumed it is a personal insult against "Mother". Even though "Mother" is a whore. (Not my words, but God's).

Reactions: Taken

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just stop dodging the issue and address the verses that obliterate your position.
If you can't harmonize the following with OSAS - then it is a FALSE doctrine because all Scripture MUST harmonize . . .

Romans 11:22
“See, then, the kindness and severity of God: severity toward those who fell, but God's kindness to you, provided you REMAIN in his kindness; otherwise you to will be cut off.”
Paul is warning the faithful to REMAIN in God’s favor or they will lose their salvation. How can they lose what they never had?

BOL:

Ok the subject of belief and disbelief: My second redo commentary of this verse of yours you pose for OSNAS

(Rom 11:20-23) That is true. They were broken off because of their unbelief, but you stand fast through faith. So do not become proud, but fear. For if God did not spare the natural branches, neither will he spare you. Note then the kindness and the severity of God: severity toward those who have fallen, but God's kindness to you, provided you continue in his kindness. Otherwise you too will be cut off. And even they, if they do not continue in their unbelief, will be grafted in, for God has the power to graft them in again. (ESV)

You most probably have homed-in on what you think means a loss of salvation in the phrases ‘severity toward those who have fallen,’ and most probably the phrase ‘continue in his kindness.’ (Verse 22).
Please let me enlighten you again. It has nothing to do with falling from salvation.

If you bothered to look at the context and it is obvious you have not, you will note the theme is about two sets of people’s beliefs and disbeliefs in God that brings salvation or not; the ethnic Israelites and the non-ethnic Israelites and other people.

Paul was discussing the loss of salvation for his people and now is admitting this fact to people that are not Israelites. He further expounds on why. It is because of their unbelief as a group of people. He says that God has the same standard for the ‘new’ people of God. He is speaking of most people in each group. Not that every individual in each group rejected/ will reject God! We know that is not true.

He was using the symbol of the natural olive tree and the natural branch and wild branch being grafted back into the tree due to belief or disbelief.

BL: Disbelief as applied to the majority in the group and you will not gain salvation and be cut-off the tree.

Belief as applied to the majority in the group and you will gain salvation and be grafted in/ back in the tree.

Note that Paul is not addressing individuals from either group of people that were credited with belief, faith and thus salvation. This is important to realize.

So, you cannot also deduce that a person or a collective people can believe one time and disbelieve later. It never says this.

Applicable to both groups of people then and today, is the fact that both had knowledge, had enlightenment although not many with sustaining faith. Therefore, these individuals within either group rejected or will reject God. They were/will be ‘cut off’ from the natural vine and therefore NEVER had/have salvation.

Now individuals from both groups all had/ have knowledge, enlightenment and committed sustaining faith, they believed/ will believe God and/or the gospel. They did not just have a belief that extended as far as some mental exercise or secular knowledge or enlightenment. They committed themselves to God as God dictated. They have/had salvation because of their firm faith. They made the leap of faith that sustains (verse 20) to eternal salvation.

BL: disbelief means lacking faith that does not produce regeneration of the heart or rebirth and thus no salvation. They never had salvation to lose.

Belief means having sustaining faith that does produce regeneration of the heart or rebirth and thus salvation. Their belief was sustained through faith with firm hope of salvation.

You cannot lose salvation if you really believe which is not the type of belief that is just a non-committal belief without real faith to be reborn.

I believe this is where you are getting hung up. Your definition of belief means at any degree. You consider the word belief to any degree, as always credited toward salvation only. The common belief in fact has always been towards a mental exercise only, that lacks faith, merits no acceptance of the gift of God and salvation, as I have just explained above.

Belief is not just to any degree. It means a total commitment to the life with God and Jesus that brings a firm faith and rebirth.

Are you reborn BOL?

APAK

Reactions: Helen

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
who turned away from Catholicism it is not viewed as a result of searching for truth, or conversion, but as rebellion. Rebellion not only against God, but rebellion against Mother. And the rebellion against Mother is more perplexing to the Catholic than rebelling against God. Sin against God...well, that's understandable and everyone does it right? But rebel against Mother?! That is shocking and inexplicable. Mother is the truth! Mother gave us birth! Mother raised us and made us what we are!!!! How could you turn against such a holy righteous perfect infallible person!!!!!! Yes, person. "She" is the church.

so spot on.......

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
BOL:

Belief is not just to any degree. It means a total commitment to the life with God and Jesus that brings a firm faith and rebirth.

Are you reborn BOL?

APAK

APAK ~ I highly doubt you will have success in sharing an understanding with BOL.

Scripture teaches, a beginning of enlightment and then if the individual elects to accept the Lords gift of Salvation...they do so By ACCEPTING the Lord....and thereafter they become Forgiven and blessed with the Gift of Salvation and the RE-BIRTH of their spirit.

From the perspective of Catholics I have spoken to; What was taught to them is;
The parents decide and make the ACCEPTANCE of the Lord FOR their BABY.

The Baby grows, being taught it is saved and born again.

The Child / Adults commits acts, Scripture calls a SIN. It is a constant fear they may LOSE their salvation. So they repeatedly attend Mass and Confession....and repeatedly;
Announce they have Sinned; and ACCEPT Jesus and ASK for forgiveness.

Scripture teaches for INDIVIDUALS to;
1) Become enlightened;
2) Be SURE of their elections to Accept the Lord, BEFORE they confess to Accept Him
3) Confess their Sin to the Lord and ACCEPT Jesus ONCE and Become Saved and Born Again ONCE, and thereafter the Lord is Forever with them and they with the Lord.

Scripture also teaches, to DO that a Second time, is to SHAME Jesus. Heb:6:6

Catholics teach the Parent decides FOR the Child.
Catholics teach christened babies are SAVED and BORN AGAIN.
Catholics teach one must repeatedly ACCEPT Jesus.
Catholics teach the Lord must repeatedly FORGIVE their sins.

IMO, that is a carefully crafted teaching designed to promote the Lord is not trustworthy, and they had rather put their trust in the word of "their infallible lord god holy father", the Pope.

God Bless,
Taken

Reactions: APAK and Dcopymope

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Scripture teaches, a beginning of enlightment and then if the individual elects to accept the Lords gift of Salvation...they do so By ACCEPTING the Lord....and thereafter they become Forgiven and blessed with the Gift of Salvation and the RE-BIRTH of their spirit.
confession-free salvation, arg
The Baby grows, being taught it is saved and born again.
heresy, iow
3) Confess their Sin to the Lord and ACCEPT Jesus ONCE and Become Saved and Born Again ONCE, and thereafter the Lord is Forever with them and they with the Lord.
heresy, iow, no confession to the offended party even needed, no future confession bc no sin can be committed by someone "saved," etc.

There is no "confess your sins, one to God" in Scripture, wadr.
Confess your sins, one to another

Last edited:

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
confession-free salvation, arg

heresy, iow

heresy, iow, no confession to the offended party even needed, no future confession bc no sin can be committed by someone "saved," etc.

Hard to know what you are saying when you speak in incomplete sentences.

There is no "confess your sins, one to God" in Scripture, wadr.
Confess your sins, one to another

Call on the name of the Lord and ye SHALL BE saved.

Confess your sins to one another that you MAY BE healed.

God Bless,
Taken

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
yes, healed and saved will achieve some meaningless distinction, too i guess, ya.
confession unto salvation becomes "altar profession, one time, equals salvation."
Hard to know what you are saying when you speak in incomplete sentences.
just trying to point out that the same language that conveys how we might receive salvation is the same language that can be used to justify confessing to 3rd-party men in dark closets--where we are supposed to be praying--and elaborate ritual prayers in public--where we are supposed to be confessing