Once Saved Always Saved

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
That's called continuing in faith. Why is that not a boast for you, but it is for the rest of us?
I would say I am not among the “rest of us” that you speak in behalf for there.

Why the Christian continue in faith is because he was given a new heart which he received from God as part of the salvation work of God of him, and was given faith which he received from God. It is this new heart that desires to continue and abide in God. And it is this faith that is the power that enables him to actually continue and abide in God.

There really is nothing I could boast about if my salvation is concerned. If there is anything that I would and could boast about, it is my God who is my savior and my Good Shepherd who keeps me and cares for me.

Tong
R2633

Reactions: Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why the Christian continue in faith is because he was given a new heart which he received from God as part of the salvation work of God of him, and was given faith which he received from God. It is this new heart that desires to continue and abide in God. And it is this faith that is the power that enables him to actually continue and abide in God.

There really is nothing I could boast about if my salvation is concerned. If there is anything that I would and could boast about, it is my God who is my savior and my Good Shepherd who keeps me and cares for me.

Tong
R2633

Yes. (A "Converted" man...
Christian or Messanic Jew.)

Forgiven; Soul "restored" /Saved; "spirit quickened" Born Again, new heart, new seed, new Truth,
Faith-Fullness, Sanctified "set apart", Sealed; Gods Internal Spirit;
Justified; To bodily be risen in Glory.
Nothing can undo All of that.

Glory to God,
Taken

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sure does.

Nope, it doesn't.

For my point was that God will indeed say to people who continued in faith to the very end, "Good job!" ("Well done, thou good and faithful servant")

And also, it is clear that the reward spoken of in that passage is that the servant will "enter into the joy of his Lord"...is that not heaven?

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then it's obvious that he is holding back on that power in a lot of people.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There really is nothing I could boast about if my salvation is concerned.
I agree. The problem comes in where Christians say that means you can't purposely do anything, even trusting in God, or else you're trying to save yourself. I've watched this ridiculous argument morph over the years into the ugly monster it is today.

Reactions: Charlie24

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Tong2020 said:
Then it's obvious that he is holding back on that power in a lot of people.
Nope. God knows what He is doing. Why He gives one a new heart but not the other, He knows what He is doing. Do you?

Tong
R2635

Last edited:

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Tong2020 said:
There really is nothing I could boast about if my salvation is concerned.
I agree. The problem comes in where Christians say that means you can't purposely do anything, even trusting in God, or else you're trying to save yourself. I've watched this ridiculous argument morph over the years into the ugly monster it is today.
Well, don’t be bothered by those people.

It is a mistake to say that. However, if one says or teach that the Christian must do this or that to keep himself saved else he is saved no longer, then that is another story.

Tong
R2636

Last edited:

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nope. That is perhaps is what is obvious for you. God knows what He is doing. Why He gives one a new heart but not the other, He knows what He is doing. Do you?

Tong
R2635
No, don't miss what I'm saying. If what some people think about abiding is true, then it's obvious that among those of us who have new hearts by faith in Christ he is more faithful to some than to others.

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Tong2020 said:
Nope. That is perhaps is what is obvious for you. God knows what He is doing. Why He gives one a new heart but not the other, He knows what He is doing. Do you?
No, don't miss what I'm saying. If what some people think about abiding is true, then it's obvious that among those of us who have new hearts by faith in Christ he is more faithful to some than to others.
What is it that some people think about abiding that you say there?

Tong
R2637

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
However, if one says or teach that the Christian must do this or that to keep himself saved else he is saved no longer, then that is another story.
There's no need to go beyond the simple truth that you must continue to believe in order to be saved when Jesus comes back. Osasers would do good to just go back to the original teaching of osas that says if you don't continue to believe to the very end you were never saved to begin with. At least there is agreement between that teaching and anti-osas that only people who believe are saved, and that you have to continue in that believing to the very end.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Tong
R2637
If abiding is entirely God's responsibility, not yours in any way shape or form, he's dong a good job in some and a lousy job in others. There's an obvious human element to abiding that teaching ignores.

Reactions: Wrangler

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Tong2020 said:
However, if one says or teach that the Christian must do this or that to keep himself saved else he is saved no longer, then that is another story.
There's no need to go beyond the simple truth that you must continue to believe in order to be saved when Jesus comes back. Osasers would do good to just go back to the original teaching of osas that says if you don't continue to believe to the very end you were never saved to begin with. At least there is agreement between that teaching and anti-osas that only people who believe are saved, and that you have to continue in that believing to the very end.
Christian, you are already saved. Do you believe that or not?

If yes, then what? It means you were made alive, were given a new heart, were given faith, were given the Holy Spirit, and so on which scriptures says is given to the saved.

The new heart that you received is that which desires what is good and pleasing to God. The faith that you received is that which enable you to do what your new heart desires. The Holy Spirit that you received is Him who teach and guide you into all truth and righteousness, and gives you spiritual gifts according to His will, and grows you towards spiritual maturity.

Now the new heart of every true Christian desires only to abide in God. But he is still in his body of death, where sin still dwells, which wars against the desires of his new heart. It is in this regard that the Christian is reminded and encouraged and instructed to continue in faith. For the true Christian have all the power to be victorious over the desires of the flesh. Scriptures would not tell us to continue if we do not have the power to continue. So, to continue in faith is not really in order that we will be saved when Jesus comes back, but to follow the desires of our new heart, to please and glorify God.

Tong
R2638

Last edited:

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Tong2020 said:
If abiding is entirely God's responsibility, not yours in any way shape or form, he's dong a good job in some and a lousy job in others. There's an obvious human element to abiding that teaching ignores.
Well, it is a mistake to say that our abiding is God’s responsibility. It is the responsibility of the Christian.

Tong
R2639

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The Lord God IS FAITHFUL to ALL.

A man with a new heart (Converted), desires to KNOW Gods Truth...he'll KNOW Gods Truth.

A man (Converted), desires to UNDERSTAND Gods Truth...he'll UNDERSTAND Gods Truth.

A man (Unconverted), desires to Reject the Lord God...he'll not be encumbered.

A man Converted or UnConverted, desires to Rely on his own knowledge, his own understanding...he'll not be encumbered.

It is an OLD Lesson - All men have Freewill -
* The Lord God WILL FAITHFULLY "make sure", Every mans DESIRE of Belief, Disbelief, Conversion, Non-Conversion, SHALL prevail.

* Most people understand the basics of Several Scriptures, that are specific to ASKING the Lord, to THEN Receive from Him.

* Some people Base a Whole ministry on Focusing ON "WHAT" a person "should" ASK FOR, such as (tangible wealth, physical health, successful business adventures, etc.)

* The Highlights...which are AN OLD LESSON- IS;
* God IS ALL KNOWING -
* God KNOWS the TRUE Wants and Desires of ALL mens "Natural Hearts" -
* God GIVES and (assures), according to a mans Hearts thoughts; ie the mans spirit, (natural or born again)

* Our prime Teaching -
A born again spirit - Given Gods Spirit...
...IS FOREVER WITH God.
A man who rejects - Gods Spirit of Truth.
...SHALL BE FOREVER WITHOUT God.

* Our prime Notice -
Every Freewill Election of a man HAS a consequence (result).
Consequences (results) are Expressly Revealed.

* Our prime Examples -
* Faithful Abraham - Desired to Be UNDER God...The Consequence of his Desire, Fulfilled.
* Unfaithful Lucifer - Desired to be ABOVE God...The Consequence of his Desire,
Fulfilled.

POINT -
What Every man Desires, has Consequences Specific.
The Lord God ENSURES the Consequences For EVERY man; SHALL BE FULFILLED.

Glory to God,
Taken

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, to continue in faith is not really in order that we will be saved when Jesus comes back, but to follow the desires of our new heart, to please and glorify God.
No, continuing to believe is about salvation....

As for you, let what you have heard from the beginning remain in you. If it does, you will also remain in the Son and in the Father. And this is the promise that He Himself made to us: eternal life. 1 John 2:24-25

Anyone who runs ahead without remaining in the teaching of Christ does not have God. Whoever remains in His teaching has both the Father and the Son. 2 John 1:9

If the word you heard from the beginning remains in you, you also will remain in the Son and the Father and their promise of eternal life. It's very plainly written. Even the original osas teaching says this. The only difference being between what osas says and what anti-osas says is a true believer will always let the word remain in them. I'm fine with that if that's what a person wants to believe. The important thing here is that the word of God remain in the believer. Because you aren't saved if it isn't remaining in you. No unbeliever is saved. Only believers compose the household of God......

...we are His house, if we hold firmly to our confidence and the hope of which we boast. Hebrews 3:6

The argument over whether or not you can stop holding firmly in faith doesn't change the fact in either osas or anti-osas that you must do what the Bible says and keep believing to the very end. It's just easier for osas, because it says the true believer can't help but to do that.

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Tong2020 said:
So, to continue in faith is not really in order that we will be saved when Jesus comes back, but to follow the desires of our new heart, to please and glorify God.
No, continuing to believe is about salvation....

As for you, let what you have heard from the beginning remain in you. If it does, you will also remain in the Son and in the Father. And this is the promise that He Himself made to us: eternal life. 1 John 2:24-25

Anyone who runs ahead without remaining in the teaching of Christ does not have God. Whoever remains in His teaching has both the Father and the Son. 2 John 1:9

If the word you heard from the beginning remains in you, you also will remain in the Son and the Father and their promise of eternal life. It's very plainly written. Even the original osas teaching says this. The only difference being between what osas says and what anti-osas says is a true believer will always let the word remain in them. I'm fine with that if that's what a person wants to believe. The important thing here is that the word of God remain in the believer. Because you aren't saved if it isn't remaining in you. No unbeliever is saved. Only believers compose the household of God......

...we are His house, if we hold firmly to our confidence and the hope of which we boast. Hebrews 3:6

The argument over whether or not you can stop holding firmly in faith doesn't change the fact in either osas or anti-osas that you must do what the Bible says and keep believing to the very end. It's just easier for osas, because it says the true believer can't help but to do that.
So, do you believe that we are already saved or not?

Do you believe that you received faith and so have faith, or not?

Do you believe that faith (like hope and love) abides, or not?

Tong
R2644

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now, that is an unfair assessment of my theology.
You've said many times the saved might fall away and be lost. Is that not what you think?

Is the one with "nominal faith" saved? I'd answer not.

Much love!

Status
Not open for further replies.