Once Saved Always Saved

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If it is, then in other words you are saying that salvation is by grace through work? Perhaps you won’t say that, right?

No. I am recognizing the difference in the Bible from our society of the meaning of work.

We are not saved by external works so no man may brag as the Bible says. But it takes internal work, transformation and action to be saved. The action is accepting. Accepting is an action word. We must slay the biggest idol in the world, our own ego. We must accept that we are not God and need a Savior.

Reactions: Illuminator

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If, from the perspective of eternity, a sports team is undefeated, then it cannot be defeated. If it ever were defeated, then it may have been undefeated from the perspective of time (only for a season); but it was never undefeated from the perspective of eternity.

We are corporeal and temporal beings who do not exist in eternity.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Faith is Trust.
IT becomes a WORK, once a person is Saved by Grace

No. Reading comprehension. "Saved" is the past tense action word, aka work. The internal work needed is to accept the salvation offered.

This is not insignificant or trivial and if it were universalism would be correct doctrine. Speaking in contradictions does not attract the lost.

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Tong2020 said:
If it is, then in other words you are saying that salvation is by grace through work? Perhaps you won’t say that, right?
No. I am recognizing the difference in the Bible from our society of the meaning of work.

We are not saved by external works so no man may brag as the Bible says. But it takes internal work, transformation and action to be saved. The action is accepting. Accepting is an action word. We must slay the biggest idol in the world, our own ego. We must accept that we are not God and need a Savior.
Yes we need a Savior. He does the saving work. And He certainly is more than capable and certainly not fail. Those whom He saved will be revealed in time.

Tong
R2583

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Most Christians live in this..

1.) why are my prayers not answered

2.) where is my Joy, where is my hope, why do i feel unhappy, why can't i stop doing THAT AGAIN.

And why?
Why are they like this? Stuck in this?
Its because they are not walking in God's Grace.
They are born again, they are trusting in Christ, but they have been led into the wilderness by a liar, by a heretic, by a LEGALIST, who has them trying to be good, instead of living in the Goodness of God's Grace.

It should be notable that I personally, whom you identify as a classic legalist, do not live in what you are saying.

1) My prayers do get answered; and,

2) I have an abundance of joy, hope, happiness, and victory over besetting sins.

Faith is Trust.
IT becomes a WORK, once a person is Saved by Grace, and then they fall into the mental bondage of....>"i have to hold unto my faith, to keep myself saved".
This is someone like justbyfaith, or ferris beuller.
These 2 are trying to keep themselves saved, by trusting in their faith as their savior.
Thats a fail, as that is a shifted faith, that sounds correct, and teaches like its truth, but in fact its just classic legalism that is pretending to be real faith in Christ, yet isn't.

We have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand (Romans 5:1-2); and we are saved by grace through faith (Ephesians 2:8-9).

And therefore, if we cease to have faith (trust), we cease to have access to grace; and therefore are no longer saved; if we ever were saved.

But if we had faith in Jesus, we were definitely saved.

Listen deceiver.
Water does not "save"
JESUS Saves.

You are pretzel logic, theologically.
Its awful, and its Cross Denying.

"well behold, im teaching the Cross when i say that Water saves".

You are deceived.,JBF, and amazingly so.

You are projecting your own condition onto me, quite frankly (see Matthew 7:1-5, Luke 6:41-42).

You have deceived yourself in that you deny indwelling sin (1 John 1:8) and the truth is not in you; according to that same scripture.

As for water baptism, it is definitely true that it is not a Cross-denying doctrine.

For, baptism is an identification with Christ in His death on the Cross, His burial, and His resurrection.

"trying to continue" or "Have TO CONTINUE".

SEE THAT "CONTINUE" (to trust), THAT IS YOUR SELF EFFORT. pretending that what you are doing, is why you are saved, or why God keeps you.

We have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand (Romans 5:1-2); and we are saved by grace through faith (Ephesians 2:8-9).

And therefore, if we cease to have faith (trust), we cease to have access to grace; and therefore are no longer saved; if we ever were saved.

But if we had faith in Jesus, we were definitely saved.

Last edited:

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's a condition. You have to let the word remain in you for the Son and the Father to remain in you.
And so in your soteriology, the responsibility for whether or not you have eternal life is yours. God may give it, you may "receive" it, but after that, it's up to you to hold onto it. And hopefully you will! Right?

So then in your theology, you are more important to your destiny than God is. Whom then do you trust? Whom then is don't the job? Whom then shall receive the praise? You did it! Hooray!! You held your faith to the end!! Good job!!

That's how that plays out.

My trust is in Jesus, and trusting Jesus, I rest. He invites you to rest.

Much love!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And so in your soteriology, the responsibility for whether or not you have eternal life is yours. God may give it, you may "receive" it, but after that, it's up to you to hold onto it. And hopefully you will! Right?

So then in your theology, you are more important to your destiny than God is. Whom then do you trust? Whom then is don't the job? Whom then shall receive the praise? You did it! Hooray!! You held your faith to the end!! Good job!!

Much love!

You are encouraged to give diligence to make your calling and election sure.

For if you have a faith that is unto righteousness (Romans 10:10) and enduring to the end (Matthew 10:22, Hebrews 3:6, Hebrews 3:14), then you can be sure that you are sealed by the Holy Spirit (Ephesians 1:13-14, Ephesians 4:30, 2 Corinthians 1:22, 2 Corinthians 5:5) and therefore the Holy Spirit keeps you.

Of course that means resting in what He did for you.

Knowing however, that if you do not continue in His goodness, you will be cut off (Romans 11:20-22) or fall away (Luke 8:13).

So, it is a matter of making certain that He has changed your heart in such a manner that you will never be inclined to stop walking in His goodness (see 1 John 3:6, 1 John 2:17).

Last edited:

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How do you know peace in your heart knowing that you may yet be lost to the lake of fire?

If your faith should fail you?

Who can ever have peace and rest?

Much love!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How will you know He's changed your heart? Because you know Him? or because you approve of your own behavior?

Much love!

A little bit of both.

This has nothing to do with saving faith.

Much love!

Sure it does. It's in the Bible, isn't it?

And, everything in the Bible pertains to those who have a living and saving faith in Jesus.

How do you know peace in your heart knowing that you may yet be lost to the lake of fire?

If your faith should fail you?

Who can ever have peace and rest?

Much love!

Now, that is an unfair assessment of my theology.

I have said that if anyone has a heart faith that is unto righteousness (Romans 10:10) and enduring to the end (Matthew 10:22, Hebrews 3:6, Hebrews 3:14), that they have everlasting life (John 6:47) and by proxy an everlasting faith; since we are sealed by the Holy Spirit (Ephesians 1:13-14, Ephesians 4:30, 2 Corinthians 1:22, 2 Corinthians 5:5) and therefore have been instilled with an everlasting faith.

So, because I have that kind of faith, my faith cannot fail me.

It is those who have a nominal, shallow, or lukewarm faith (Luke 8:12-13) who are in real spiritual danger. For such can fall away (Luke 8:13) and/or be "cut off" (Romans 11:20-22).

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Came across this in my Devotional Reading yesterday. I wonder if our Lord meant one time or on an ongoing basis?

No, I tell you. Rather, unless you turn from your sins, you will all die similarly.”
Luke 13:5 (CJB)

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

LOL The idea that having faith - acting on the belief - is not restful is a misnomer. It's what action is not taken as well. Many addicts testify it is the power of God that got them to kick the habit.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And so in your soteriology, the responsibility for whether or not you have eternal life is yours.
When you first believed it was your responsibility whether or not you have eternal life. You either believed or you didn't believe. It was up to you. So why are you concerned that continuing to believe is also your responsibility?

Reactions: Wrangler

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Whom then shall receive the praise? You did it! Hooray!! You held your faith to the end!! Good job!!

Don't you know that Paul said there is no boast in having faith in Jesus?

...so as to be just and the one who justifies those who have faith in Jesus. Where, then, is boasting? It is excluded. Romans 3:26-27

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Whom then shall receive the praise? You did it! Hooray!! You held your faith to the end!! Good job!!

Mat 25:21, His lord said unto him, Well done, thou good and faithful servant: thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord.

Mat 25:23, His lord said unto him, Well done, good and faithful servant; thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mat 25:21, His lord said unto him, Well done, thou good and faithful servant: thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord.

Mat 25:23, His lord said unto him, Well done, good and faithful servant; thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord.
talking about rewards, not salvation.

Reactions: mailmandan
Status
Not open for further replies.