Once Saved Always Saved

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We dont hold onto that

Yes we do. What action was Paul continuing until the end? He was fighting, finishing and keeping until the end, his faith through action.

I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.
2 Timothy 4:7

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not sure I understand what you are saying here.

I am trusting in God to keep me from my addictions, knowing that my own efforts are weak .... I am resting in His ability while enduring through afflictions.

I fixed your sentence to highlight all the action you are taking (but apparently, not aware of it).

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Listen, Jbf, the born again have Jesus INSIDE US....God is IN THE BORN AGAIN. "we are the TEMPLE of the Holy Spirit".

We dont hold onto that, ..That is what has happened to the born again.

The born again, are born into God Himself.
"ONE with God and Christ".

That is what it means to be born again.

Those who have a nominal, lukewarm, or shallow faith can fall away (Luke 8:13) or be "cut off" (Romans 11:20-22). Such have been saved because of their faith (Ephesians 2:8-9, Luke 8:12) from sin and the kingdom of hell; if only for a season. However, they are nto saved from the fate of being cast into the lake of fire because they do not continue in the faith.

And when they lose faith, they lose access to grace (Romans 5:1-2) and thus, because they have not grace, they have not salvation (Ephesians 2:8-9).

2Ch 15:2, And he went out to meet Asa, and said unto him, Hear ye me, Asa, and all Judah and Benjamin; The LORD is with you, while ye be with him; and if ye seek him, he will be found of you; but if ye forsake him, he will forsake you.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Yes we do. What action was Paul continuing until the end? He was fighting, finishing and keeping until the end, his faith through action.
I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.
2 Timothy 4:7

That is 3 things he did.
Can you read?
He fought, he finished, and kept.

So, you dont even understand your own verse.
Maybe you should get rid of your commentaries that have ruined your understanding of SALVATiON.
That that, Wrangler.

Here is i think, your misunderstanding.

You have not understood that DISCIPLESHIP......is NOT Salvation.

So, all this "doing and holding, and becoming", Paul's RACE........that is his Discipleship, but not His Salvation.

Paul's Salvation Hung on a Cross, and shed blood., and died, and was resurrected.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are not saved by holding on.
We are saved by God.
We are kept saved by God.
Those who have a heart faith that is unto righteousness (Romans 10:10) and enduring to the end (Matthew 10:22, Hebrews 3:6, Hebrews 3:14) are kept saved by God; for they are sealed by the Holy Spirit (Ephesians 1:13-14, Ephesians 4:30, 2 Corinthians 1:22, 2 Corinthians 5:5).

Those who have a nominal, shallow, or lukewarm faith (mere mental assent) may not have the seal of the Holy Spirit on their life.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Those who have a nominal, lukewarm, or shallow faith can fall away (Luke 8:13) or be "cut off" (Romans 11:20-22). Such have been saved because of their faith (Ephesians 2:8-9, Luke 8:12) from sin and the kingdom of hell; if only for a season. .

Your theology is pretzel logic.
Its deception on steroids.

You just taught that salvation is FAITH, and its not, its actually God's Blood.
And you think that born again, means, "might not be later".

Your theology is truly a blend of incredible self deception mixed with fear and condemnation.
And you would have others to be chained into your darkness.
That's why you are here.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If someone has faith, they are saved.
Well, we're not going to agree over this.

There are different ways the Bible speaks of belief and faith. The easiest example of this is that demons believe but are not saved.

Much love!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Those who have a heart faith that is unto righteousness (Romans 10:10) and enduring to the end (Matthew 10:22, .

Hebrews again?
Is that right water cultist?
Cant leave that one alone, and it ruined your faith, long ago.
Its like a magnet to you, that just keeps on poisoning.

So, the "heart faith" is what God accepts to SAVE you, with Jesus's Blood.
The end result is : Born Again.

Also, no one is kept saved by "enduring".
They are Kept saved by God. Phillippians 1:6

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I fixed your sentence to highlight all the action you are taking (but apparently, not aware of it).
I hope everybody gets you are changing my words, and what I originally said.

I'm not too crazy about someone rewording my words inside the format that purports to quote me.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your rewording changes what I said. I wrote,

I trust in God to keep me from my addictions, knowing that my own efforts are weak, but His ability is total. I rest in His ability while enduring through afflictions. Such as compulsions, cravings, like that.

I don't worry about being strong enough to resist against my flesh, I'm weak, but Christ in me is absolutely strong.

I've likewise seen God's power to deliver from addiction without any residue or withdrawal or anything. I've also experienced in my life where that's not the case, and I rely on God day to day to keep me free. But He does as I trust Him.

I can't do it myself. My flesh is a mess, and I suspect much more than many. But God's power, received by trusting Him, is sufficient.

And I've learned that my own efforts, while sometimes and partly effective, don't seem to matter one way or the other when I'm trusting God for the walk in His Spirit. Freedom is just there for me.

Again, the flesh may cry and scream and lie, but it has NO power!

Much love!

You would present this as, "I'm trusting", as if, I'm speaking to a moment in life. I wrote, "I trust" speaking to a live lived. You may say, well, you haven't lived all your life yet, so how do you know? I answer, I trust!

Much love!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel

Let me show you how to think about this, so that you can see the issue you have.

Put Jesus back into heaven before He went to the Cross.
Lets say he's never been here....>No BLOOD is shed.

Now go and work, and finish, and worry, and pray and tithe, and join the Catholic Church, and worship Mary, and get water baptized 56 times, and endure to the end, and .........

See all that? ????

That is what Paul is doing.
Its just his DISCIPLESHIP.
None of it can save Paul, so, none of if , IF NOT DONE< can cause you to lose what it can't create to begin with.

Jesus will tell some....>"depart from me, i never knew you"...... Yet they named his Name, they did miracles, and cast out devils, in Jesus's Name.
They had the course, the race, the DEEDS, the work, and all the right words.
They will burn in the lake of fire.
Why?

because it's """" NOT BY works of righteousness = but by God's MERCY that we are saved""""

"YOU MUST BE BORN AGAIN".

So, all that Paul did, was his WORKS, and he was the best Disciple, but none of that saved him, and him not doing it would not have caused him to be lost.
Paul and all the born again, go to heaven, because of what JESUS DID FOR US, that is Applied to us....as "the GIFT of Salvation". "The GIFT of Righteousness".

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nope, it doesn't.

For my point was that God will indeed say to people who continued in faith to the very end, "Good job!" ("Well done, thou good and faithful servant")

And also, it is clear that the reward spoken of in that passage is that the servant will "enter into the joy of his Lord"...is that not heaven?
that was said under Mosaic law, which is works based.

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Tong2020 said:
Do you believe that faith (like hope and love) abides, or not?
You decide if you will retain the power of faith. Just as you decided to retain it or reject it when you were first called. If you believe the word, through the faith God provides, it will abide in you. If you don't believe it, it will fall from your heart.
So, it seems you don’t believe that faith is abiding. I’m getting the impression that what faith you have is not one that is abiding.

Tong
R2649

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No. You are using action words while trying to deny the ongoing action you are taking.

I'm saying along the lines of "I drive to work", stating a condition that exists. You are changing my words to say, NO, you are driving to work.

It's a different statement.

I wrote, I trust Jesus, to which you say, NO, you are trusting Jesus. Do you see how this is different?

"I breathe air" "No, you are breathing air" "that's not it . . . I'm an air-breather".

I trust Jesus. I am trusting in Jesus right now. Both statements are true, and both say something a little different from each other.

Much love!

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is what Paul is doing.
Its just his DISCIPLESHIP.

Why was Paul doing DISCIPLESHIP?

For some odd reason, you keep committing the fallacy of Strawman.
1. You are saved by Grace Alone.
2. Faith & Grace is never alone (but accompanied by works).

You are holding tight to #1 but in total denial of #2. IF someone has REAL faith, we do not determine it by the absence of the ex post facto failure of the saved to turn from God. We know they have REAL faith by their ongoing actions. That's Scriptural.

It is sad to me that you think the Gates of Heaven will be breeched by mere lip service.

Last edited:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your theology is pretzel logic.
Its deception on steroids.

You just said that what is taught by the holy scriptures is deception on steroids.

I'd be concerned for you if I didn't already know that you are a false teacher.

You are dangerously close to blaspheming the Holy Spirit.

Hebrews again?
Is that right water cultist?
Cant leave that one alone, and it ruined your faith, long ago.
Its like a magnet to you, that just keeps on poisoning.

I know that you deny that the book of Hebrews is inspired or that it can have a positive effect on those who read it.

Nevertheless, the scripture teaches us that "all scripture is inspired of the Lord and is profitable for doctrine..." (2 Timothy 3:16).

Mic 2:7, O thou that art named the house of Jacob, is the spirit of the LORD straitened? are these his doings? do not my words do good to him that walketh uprightly?

you are talking works again, not salvation.

Mat 25:21, His lord said unto him, Well done, thou good and faithful servant: thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord.

Mat 25:23, His lord said unto him, Well done, good and faithful servant; thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord.

Status
Not open for further replies.